IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11641 2 years ago

Joined the club today, very happy. Premium version

So now on to the questions :
- is there some alternate nice OST rom out there?
- I've seen a Guardians of the Galaxy with yellow convolux and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to install in my SW, however given that GI is dual color, kind of wonder what color would be best suited. Any advice? Did anyone try frosted white convolux?

Regards

#11643 2 years ago

OK, played quite a few games. I'm very bad at it

The mystery scoop eject especially is a killer for me, more often than not it shoots straight down the drain.

I looked at the mechs, don't quite see how to adjust the eject trajectory

Any advice?

Regards

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's been covered in the thread multiple times so I'd recommend a search for more specifics but in a nutshell; change the eject power in the settings up or down depending on what flipper you want it to hit upon eject.

Thanks, must admit I did not search the thread... I'll look into it

Regards

#11648 2 years ago

OK, me again...

Having some detection issue at the death star entrance. Sometime the ball enter the hyperloop but is not triggering either the mode start nor they hyperspeed magnet when applicable, yet is on the ramp so it goes down and balance left and right on the ramp until it falls.

Yes I did a search... But could not find something relevant, at least not with the search term I used

Has anyone encountered this issue ?

#11656 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Except they don't make EL tape that wide and long in Red that I have found.

For that matter, I'd be curious to know where you found the EL tape you used.

Also, the inverter used for EL panels tend to emit a high pitched noise which is really bothersome. Did you find an alternate higher quality inverter?

Cheers

#11659 2 years ago

Optos problems on my hyperloop ramp (which is also used for mission start).

I'm really not familiar with Spike design, so any pointer on where these optos are connected? It's not crystal clear on the documentation

Also, it looks like the entire series of hyperloop optos is flaky, so I would assume the issue is at the main control electronic?

(edit) found it, it's actually rather clear once you spend the time to read the documentation with a different mindset than WPC. It's node 11 board, on the back panel

I fiddled with the connectors, none seemed disconnected but it seems to have resolved the issue. Until next time...

#11661 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

No, the high pitch is the annoying part that I still have not eliminated.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132328647953. You can find the same seller on the regular ebay site. But yeah, high pitched with the inverter that comes with it.

There are several inverter on Aliexpress which seem better designed, or at least you should be able to get access to the inside of the electronics. I have not yet tested them:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32817257671.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.9ebbc06fBeKoCz&algo_pvid=b4cd5686-27d4-42f3-896a-f2a38ca192ae&algo_exp_id=b4cd5686-27d4-42f3-896a-f2a38ca192ae-5&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2264767257006%22%7D

#11672 2 years ago

Anyone would know what type of input does CN3 require for volume control ? Looks like it's essentially button type, ie + and -, but in this case you can't use a rotary encoder, unless adding a small circuit ?

And yes I know it does exist, I just want to build it myself

#11674 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Rotary encoder, giving impulses on rotation.
[quoted image]

Thanks @sprudeldudel

Ah cool, so it's a direct rotary encoder input. Your diagram includes a jack for headphone based on pinout (I must admit I can't read what's written on top of the symbol, it states "facing door", but according to CN3 pinout you seem connected to 2 and 3, which are headphone output

Not sure though why you have a short between 4 and 5, this is headphone detect. It should be connected to the sense pin of the female 3.5 jack input (available only on PCB version of the connector), as is it would force an always on detection, no ?

#11676 2 years ago

OK, makes sense here, you indeed need the loopback on the sense input since your bluetooth transmitter is always connected (and there's an option in the Stern menu to playback sound both on the headphone and the main machine, which is probably what you have set)

in the case of using a headphone plug to connect a real headphone, you want the sense input to actually detect the jack is plugged. That way if using menu setting defined the other way around, it would turn off sounds from the backbox speaker when a headphone is plugged

#11689 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Shots on the hyperloop on mine are very smooth and low rejection, even in backflip from the left. Absolutely love this pin for many years now!

How did you tune to be able to backflip from the left? I never have enough power to do that, the ball falls down

I don't have any reject though, if it does not register, in my case that's because the shot was not correctly aligned

Now on a completely different subject : sound wise, I fell that SW is lacking (I do have the modified ROM with the complete OST) in the bass department, especially for music. When comparing to Stranger Things for example, there was more bass presence, the sound and music felt a whole lot better.

So I connected an active subwoofer on the line out, and indeed there is almost no bass in music. I can turn off the sub without hearing a difference. There is additional bass with the sub however for sound effects. But not for music, and I feel it's a shame.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I played around with the equalizer, to no effect (plus the equalizer only affects the amplifier section , not line out as far as I understand)

1 week later
#11720 2 years ago

To all who made fun of 2Niro, with some borderline insulting comments, well...

I suggest that:

- you check the profile of 2Niro and his accomplishments (mods especially). We're not talking about cheap 3D printed mods that are sold 100 here, we're talking mods with real craftmanship and gameplay integration

Some hints: interactive Palantir mod (NOT the static one from some australian guy), Barad Dur eye of Sauron, Lotr ring of fire, Scared Stiff Bony beast eye, attack from Mars interactive saucer, Lightsaber and Millenium falcon mods
But also, full playfield restore, similar to Kruzman craftmanship

- you watch the video again
- And then you apply a little bit of thinking, and ask yourself the question "is this real"

You will look less silly that way.

Because now you will realize that most of the "not so nice" terms you used apply straight back to you (and the winner in this category, without any contest, is @Sprudeldudel - congratulations)

#11738 2 years ago

@Sprudeldudel

Nice destroyer mod, I assume this is a "X-Wing" game mini fig ?

[EDIT] It's actually a Bandai small scale model. Turns out I also found a very high detail model on Thingiverse, time to print it in resin

#11742 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Star Wars Armada Imperial Class Star Destroyer, mounted as follows
[quoted image]
Other custom stuff on this machine (beside the usual commercial stuff like mirror blades, topper, etc.):
stainless steel intruction card
emperial shooter knob
stainless steel bash button with acrylic centerpiece
silent fan mod
bluetooth mod
brass bearings
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks

The nice thing about star wars is that you never run out of toys to put in the game.

I found this Bandai small scale model which seems very close to this Armada ship, and I also found a nice highly detailedvthingiverse model which I'm going to print on my resin printer to see if it's worthwhile

On another note, what's the highest score players achieved on hyperloop alone? I just did 250 millions (I don't remember my multiplier, but it was definitely above 10)

Also, what's the brass bearing for?

Cheers

#11744 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had 50 of them made and sold all but mine. The pdf of the riginal card is on pinbalrebel. If you want one you will unfortunately need to download and find a metal printing company on your own. The one I had used was in Austria, but that wont help you, I am afraid.

Basically a high quality bearing for the flippers. Sold by http://www.adpin.de/ in germany. They also have machined flipper, "VarioSwitch", buttons, which I have on all my machines. Inredible product, which comes in different eloxated colors or chrome. The bash button (not posted on the site) is a derivative of that - for which they still have material. It comes at EUR 100 a piece.

Thanks for the information.

In a different note, found in my boardgames stash this nice toy. Think it fits perfectly.... What, too big you think? Naah, it's just an optical illusion

20211205_153946 (resized).jpg20211205_153946 (resized).jpg
#11746 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's actally rather fitting by style, but not sure if it is part of the original three movies? How big is it really?

It's so called an "Imperial Raider", part of the X-Wing board game (not Armada). I'm not entirely sure it appears in the original movie trilogy, as I don't recall seeing it.

It's about 35cm long (yep... it's long. Definitely too long )

#11759 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Avoiding to Steve Ritchie the scoop is supposed to hit the LEFT flipper. There are adjustments you can make on the ball guide and coil power.

I played with power, at max power it's a direct drain. I actually had to lower it to minimum, so it's slowly exiting in the right slingshot.

Need to take a look at the ball guide then, it's adjustable?

1 week later
#11774 2 years ago

Any advice on how to dial the game ?

I acquired it a few weeks ago, and man this is a frustrating game, at least for me. I'm an average player, and I must confess that I'm not really enjoying it, compared to my other machines (LOTR, Tron, DI, Indy WPC, TZ, ST, CFTBL), it's WAY more difficult.

At least on the other games (well TZ might be an exception), I have a sense of control. On Star Wars (it's a Premium by the way), the game is incredibly unforgiving to me. There are many shots that end with a direct left or right drain (such as the TIE fighter from the right flipper, or the bank from the left flipper).

In a nutshell, I'm not having fun with it, frankly.

So I'd like to start dialing it a bit, to see if I can improve my experience.

Things I'd like to improve are:

- Mystery scoop eject strength: can't find the correct setting so that it's properly thrown at the left flipper. Anything above 30 will result into a center drain (or close). Anything at 30 or below and the eject is too soft (but at least I can catch the ball)
- Star Wars ramp: can only make it with the right flipper, backhand does not work. Very narrow opening to register the shot
- Left inner loop: relatively high rate of center drain after this shot. I've seen some comments about a small metal "nub" on the metal ball guide, will look at it
- Flasher strength during Boba Fett escape : I get it it's to increase pressure, but man have they heard of photo induced seizure ? Is there a way to tune it down, besides decreasing flasher brightness
- Increase timer for timed shot

Anything else you would recommend looking at ?

And yes, I know I will not be playing the game as it was intended, but after a few weeks trying to improve I've reached a point where I would much rather enjoy the game than being frustrated, even if this implies changing the ruleset and ball behaviour.

Cheers

#11777 2 years ago

Thanks for all advices, a few questions

Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

reduce the sensitivity of the sling switches

May I have guidance on how to achieve this ?

Quoted from OhmEye:

Not sure which timed shots you mean, I have no issues with any of the timer lengths though, lots of timers and hurryups in this game!

Well I just seem to not be able to control the ball enough so that I can line up my shots when there's a time element (Speed bike for ex)

Ah indeed. That's definitely my weak point. Are you using mostly nudge-up or lateral as well ? I find lateral incredibly difficult to have any effect. Need to practice a lot this aspect

#11781 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The slings use leaf switches as do many other things. Looking perpendicular to the strips of metal there is a gap between the contacts, when the ball presses the sling rubber against one strip it pushes it into the other strip to make contact. A larger gap reduces the sensitivity (makes it need a harder push to make contact) and a smaller gap increases sensitivity. Be careful to not bend too aggressively, it doesn't take much to slightly change the gap.

Thanks, that's what I was expecting, but was not sure if Stern hadn't added a "debouncer" in the control electronic. I'll increase the gap (done that already on older machines)

1 month later
#11992 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Really enjoying your version njvc.
Today I was able to consistently hit the death star with my left flipper. That's a game changer for me!
This is a very enjoyable game. The music is excellent! So glad to be in the club!

Is that on a Pro ? Can't figure out how to make it work on my Premium

1 week later
#12059 2 years ago

I'm making progress on this game, which is by far the hardest of my collection.

The one thing I'm having a hard time with, as many, is the death star ramp (Premium). Has anyone been able to identify a reliable procedure to tune their machine so that it's achievable through a backhand flip from the left flipper? I can hit it, but I get rejects pretty much all the time, not enough force to climb the ramp. I know it's been asked and discussed on multiple occasions, but could not find a firm answer on this, besides playing with pitch and coil power. So asking again, you never know if I missed a post somewhere

Regards

#12061 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Ashram56 use aftermarket coil stops, superbands on the flippers, and keep it waxed. I can backhand no problem now.

Thanks for the tip. Any link for the after market coil stops? There does not seem to be indication of which one are Stern made, and which one are more robust aftermarket versions

I'm in Europe, so hopefully I can find parts from EU resellers

Note that I have a playfield protector, could this have an impact?

#12069 2 years ago

Oh my, reached hyperloop multiball, managed to send a second ball in the loop

Reaching this point is exhilarating. Stressful. Successful shot and you add one ball in the loop, all of them zipping around the ramp , beckoning you 'I dare you to add one' (ok, I'm getting over enthusiastic here)

Seriously, I understand some like the Pro better, but if you haven't seen hyperloop multiball... You're really missing something

#12077 2 years ago

Odd behaviour on my SW Premium: white left GI stops functioning during gameplay

I originally thought it was a bad connection to node board 8, or a bad transistor, but that's not the case: when I power on the pinball, left white GI does work. However if I play a game, at one point (for which I really could not determine a deterministic set of steps), it turns off, never to turn on again (including in test mode).

To note, if I leave the pinball on after power on for a while in attract mode, left white GI still works, so it's not a matter of a transistor heating up.

I could swap note board 8, but ... out of stock everywhere I looked. Plus it's really not obvious that node 8 would actually be faulty.

If anyone has a pointer, I'm interested

Regards

Edit : so I found now a reliable procedure. Triggering the left flipper coil shuts down left white GI, and it can't turn back on afterward. I can even reproduce it using the test menu, ie power on machine, enter diag mode, trigger left flipper coil, left white GI turns off

Now need to dig into the schematics

Edit 2: checked the technician alerts - node 8 overcurrent protection

Now need to find the culprit. Given that it started to appear after I installed (and removed. They were ugly) convolux on the left slingshot, I suspect a short below the flipper coil plate

1 week later
#12105 2 years ago

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm having my left white GI playing tricks on me.

Essentially: there's a short somewhere in the circuit, causing overcurrent detection. Originally the issue was random, then I found a pattern and could replicate the issue by simply triggering the left flipper. It's now persistent.

So my first thought was a short below the flipper coil mounting plate, no luck, wires are soldered cleanly, no identified issues. I tried identifying visually on the other sockets, no luck.

I did confirm using a DMM that there is indeed a short in the circuit. If I unplug CN15, the overcurrent detection is gone, which is coherent with a short on the circuit itself

So, a few questions:
- Did you ever had a case where the light bulb socket would actually create a short ? Never seen that before, but you never know
- Did you ever had a case where a LED light would actually create a short if defective ?
- Since it's now completely off, I have to manually trace the wires to identify where the left white GI would be. I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to take a picture highlighting where they are (using test mode)

Thanks and regards

#12107 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes it has happened before on many different Stern machines. Usually a blob of solder or other small metal piece has fallen in the socket. You will have to check all the sockets of that GI string. The metal piece can be very small. As in you may need a magnifying glass/bright light source to find the culprit. Or it could be an easy one to find. Remove the bulbs and check.

Thanks for the tip, did not think of that. I'll check each socket.

#12155 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Thanks, great to hear you're enjoying!
Ive just finished version 3 if anyone would like the most up to date code. This version does not have the fox fanfare at character selection.
Changes: the six ball drain vids are now
1. Porkins blowing up
2. chewie laughing, Han: Laugh it up fuzzball
3. Wicket (Ewok) hitting himself in the face with a rock
4. Luke crashing on Dagobah
5. Boba Fett slamming into the side of Jabba's barge
6. Han saying "we're fine now, thank you, how are you?"
Preview:

Also enabled high scores for Midnight Madness mode.
PM me if interested.

njvc There was a lot of work done by pinsider Celofane many years ago where he incorporated several OST changes to ensure the music being played was identical to the music of the same movie sequence. I'm personally enjoying this version very much, but the video changes are welcome, so would be interested to know what changes you made from the stock Stern OST ? Or did you add to celofane modded rom your changes?

#12156 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:Yes it has happened before on many different Stern machines. Usually a blob of solder or other small metal piece has fallen in the socket. You will have to check all the sockets of that GI string. The metal piece can be very small. As in you may need a magnifying glass/bright light source to find the culprit. Or it could be an easy one to find. Remove the bulbs and check.

So removed all leds, checked all sockets. Did not see anything, but I blew air on each socket, and.... Issue is gone....

Thanks for the tip

(of course one screw fell in the cabinet and I can't find it, but that's another story)

2 months later
#12251 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Quick question: I wanted to print the Pinworld mods available on Thingiverse (hats off to them for providing the models by the way, this is really super super nice of them, quite a gesture of support to the community)

Turns out that there are two cannons models, one for the Pro, one for the LE. But the LE seems to be missing the back half of the cannon, whereas the Pro is complete, and I can't figure out why ? Since I own a Premium, my understanding I would need the LE version

Can someone who owns the Pinworld mod on a Premium/LE show me how it's installed ?

Thanks !

#12261 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:How could it be "in" R2??? It's not a "hologram" despite the sales pitch. It's a gigantic spinning fan - essentially a circular monitor. I know. I have it on my LOTR. It's not that cool after a few mins. It's loud. And in my case it's off 100% of the time because I have cats and they can't see it from behind or the sides - DANGER!

Plus you can buy one for a fraction of the price on Ali, it's just a standard rotating fan with leds on the blade. Cost me 40 euros... But it's so loud I leave it off all the time.

Quoted from setzkor:

Yes, you need the LE version. The Premium/LE has a rounded graphic in the back to account for the hyperspace loop, whereas the Pro is flat. The back-half of the Ion Cannon has been cutaway to allow for that. The picture on Thingiverse is of the Pro... And Pinball Charlie rocks...
[quoted image]
Also, he has install instructions on the website as well as a link to the acrylic tubes...
https://www.pinworlds.com/help

Ah thanks, indeed I had missed the hyperloop, did not realize it was that big

#12267 1 year ago

Just checking : how do you adjust the spinner on the left orbit?

In my case, it has a tendencies to block shots, I really need a relatively strong straight shot for the ball to enter the orbit, otherwise it's blocked by the spinner

Thanks

#12276 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Same here. I noticed that the bottom right corner of my spinner was bulging, it had been hit so much from that side that the metal around it had expanded.
What I did to help a bit was to carefully bend back the frame of the spinner so that is faces towards the tip of the right flipper. By default the spinner tends to face towards the tip of the left flipper. I've noticed that it has helped my right flipper shots to the LO but since I've only made this adjustment recently I can't say for sure if it has been that effective or I'm just getting better at nailing that shot. I don't have a before picture of the spinner frame but the yellow rectangle is about where it was before bending it back.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip, useful to know.

Regards

2 weeks later
#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Had some fun setting it up then messing with taking pictures as well. I'm happy. Looks good!
Pew pew.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love it, very nicely integrated with the layout. Especially love the continuity between the TIE fighters on the hyperloop artwork and the miniatures

Are all of those Hotwheels ? Damn, need to buy all of them now

Sidenote, where did you find the AT-AT walker ?

2 weeks later
#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I bought Starwars X Wing miniatures.
These fit nicely with wire.
Few X wings, few Tie Fighters
[quoted image]

Curious, how do you mount the wire on the figurine itself ?

1 month later
#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

This is how I fixed the scoop on my game. The same technique can be applied to the inner and outer orbit ball guides to reduce SDTM shots on the orbits.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

Thanks for your link, that will definitely help

Quoted from Toddolie:

So I just unboxed my brand new to me NIB Star Wars Premium last week and freaking game is a drain whore. I cannot believe the rate at which games are over. I am an above average mid level player and the outlanes are rediculous, the scoop 60+ of the time is SDTM. The inner loop from right to left is a risky shot, the inner loop from the left side is almost certain death. I have plunged balls with the button and had them immediately drain followed by 2 ball save drains. I wanna take an axe to the game sometimes it is so frustrating. I could probably adjust the front legs a touch as I just bolted them all up right out of the box and the bubble is below the middle a tad so it is running a bit fast but still I have never seen another game drain like this Bitch. It can't be just me. Please some one give me some set up insight as to scoop strengths or something helpful other than play better. I have seen values between 20-25 as a possible help. Anything else. I wanna love this game and probably have 150+ plays on it already because games last like 2 minutes if I'm lucky. HELP!

If all my games, SW is the hardest by far. Very frustrating indeed. I'm still not at the point of being good enough with it to actually love the game, but I'm making progress. It's clearly designed to be a money drain. The more frustrating shot for me is the death star ramp, I can't backhand it from the left. I've seen users report they could tune by adjusting level and pitch, but it has not proved effective for me yet.

1 week later
#12539 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I got mine from little shop of games, link below. It’s Stern part number 511-7887-00. I think it’s a little pricey but I couldn’t find it anywhere else. I’ll get a picture of the bracket tomorrow.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-star-wars-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/

Oh boy... I really don't want to be the party popper, but... you do realize that you can find better looking Falcon for a fraction of the price ?
Just do a search on ebay for "X-Wing Falcon Miniature", will get you to brand new unopened "X-Wing 1.0 board game" units at sub 20 dollars a piece
OK, you need to add a bracket and lighting, but that's surely worthwhile compared to the 90 dollars + they are charging (plus it looks waaay better)

If you want to go fancy, 2Niro mod is also much better (it actually use the miniature from above), and not that much more expensive than the stock Stern awful looking Falcon:
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/faucon-millenium/1405/

(although it seems out of stock, and Mezel Mods does not carry them anymore)

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I hold the unpopular opinion there: The hyper loop is a noisy distraction that just gets in the way and makes gameplay worse. It's an overgrown ball lock. I was never impressed by Getaway's Supercharger either. I have no need for balls zooming around if there's nothing I'm going to do with them. It looks cool at first, but I was tired of it after an hour of playing on location. If you like it, sure go ahead and get a premium, I just wouldn't for myself.

Did you reach hyperloop multiball? To me that was quite an experience, there's a real adrenaline rush when you have multiple balls looping around and you're trying to add one more

The death star shot however I admit is really problematic, I need to tune my machine to be able to backhand it

#12609 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mines coming from the factory this month with it. Can’t wait to see if it comes with a GZ type skirt.

That's odd. I paid 199 (well more, because of euro and tax) for both scanner and apron

1 week later
#12627 1 year ago

For those who have installed the latest SW code update, would you know if you can go back to a previous version (ie before Insider Connect) (swapping SD cards). Especially with regards to node board code update.

Just inquiring, I'd like to test IC on SW (I have a kit which is mounted externally on my Stranger Things), but the loss of the modified audio soundtrack with the OST is really a bummer

#12642 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

This worked brilliantly!
Thank you!

I'm having a hard time with step 9. Is there a specific action to be taken to register the machine? I don't remember how I did it on Stranger Things, but on my SW the IC menu states that I need to register by scanning my QR code, but scanning does not seem to work (ie nothing happens). Scanner is connected and reported as functional by the machine.

#12644 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Is the machine connecting to your WiFi and getting an internet connection? Go into network and test your connection.

Yes it does, first thing I checked.

#12656 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I made a nice kit on their website for it. All clears with LOW BOUNCE flipper rubbers. Absolutely a must for this game. Low bounce is a game changer.
Make sure your orbits land correctly. May also need to tweak the VUK so as to not go sdtm.
Some people have had problems with the DS ramp but I never have.
You'll find them as you go.

I just can't figure out how to dial the DS ramp for my part. Highly frustrating, this is the one shot which is pretty much random. I've seen people being able to backhand it after tweaking playfield level, no luck for me

Maybe the low bounce rubbers are one option indeed, I'll take a look

Also, I finally managed to scan my QR code for IC, not sure why it was not working originally.

However I reverted back to a non IC version, I find the official soundtrack absolutely awful.

#12667 1 year ago

What is the most common point of failure for the death star shot to not register (SW Premium) ? Is there a switch before the first hyperloop opto ?

I tested with glass off, I could make the shot register (anyone has designed a pinball ball cannon to correctly launch a ball through a ramp ? Kind of a pita to make the shot by hand), and I could trigger hyperloop.

Still with glass off, I could enter test mode and see the hyperloop opto register one by one.

Putting the glass back, and... pfew, death star shot does not register anymore.

So... I'm puzzled... unless there's a tiny alignemnt issue on the optos and putting the glass back on screws up the alignment ?

To access these optos, hopefully I can do it by just removing the hyperloop cover ?

3 weeks later
#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Here is where I put that lil cabinet bumper, I used a circular one and put ALL the way down, not middle of the steel, it juuuuust bumps the release of the ball. Try it out. I actually used a switch adjuster, stuck the bumper in-between it and put it all the way down and then use my finger to push on the rail
[quoted image]

I'm having a hard time picturing this as well. First and foremost because... I'm not sure exactly "what" is a cabinet bumper (pardon the newbie here...). Would you mind clarifying this ?

Regards

1 week later
#12871 1 year ago

Does anyone has an alternate ROM based of 1.20 with real SW music ? There's one on 1.10, but don't know about 1.20

Thanks

1 week later
#12906 1 year ago

I'm also having the case of the hyperloop entrance opto it registering sometimes, so it does not start hyperloop (at least I think that's an opto)

If it was an option alignement issue, it would trigger all the time, right?

1 week later
#12928 1 year ago

Good morning/afternoon,

Quick question: I have a playfield protector (which I do intend to keep), and I have a small issue with it , sometimes the part of the protector on the Death star ramp is pulled "up" because it moves slightly left and right, to the point that the ramp fork are not aligned with the slot in the PF, so it lifts it when raising up. This is primarily because it seems there is a cut at the back of the protector, just behind the ramp (so at the back of the orbits), so it can somewhat shift.

I was planning to add a small piece of invisible tape beneath the PF, at this area (which is just anyway not visible), but has anyone else seen this issue, and if so how did you resolve it ?

Thanks

10 months later
#14419 7 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Because it doesn't solve the reason why it died. You can get it repaired by pinball universe in Germany, but it just resets the clock and you will be back at the same point in five more years. Then maybe without available spare parts.
I kept my intact originals, so no harm done.

Do you have a link to a post somewhere outlining what the flaw is ? I'm curious, and would like to see if it's both repairable and fixable. Just for the sake of engineering of course

Thanks

#14422 7 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I love this speculation that boards will somehow not be available anymore. Just like old SS games and WPC? Williams has been out of business for over 20 years. Replacement boards are plentiful. Lol. There is a market. There will be replacement boards..

I respectfully disagree, because there's a fundamental difference: older boards did not require specific firmware to even boot, and even when they did, it was easily reversed engineered.

These node boards are a different beast altogether: they have a private bootloader on them. It's not readable, and Stern did not publish it. If they don't, even if I recreate the node board (schematics are available), it's going to be as dumb as a piece of plastic.

Sure you can perform reverse engineering, but there's a significant cost linked to this, not to mention the communication protocols keep evolving.

See the Spike 1 CPU board situation: they are hard to find, and Stern has expressed little interest into building more. And there's no replacement available today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Ashram56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.