IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 6 years ago

I ordered a Premium yesterday.

2 months later
#947 6 years ago

Just a heads-up: Spike 2/Rev. C Shaker motors are back in stock at Pinball Life. I just grabbed one. Now I just need for Stern to get those Premiums rolling.

1 week later
#1068 6 years ago

I heard from my distributor today. My Premium ships tomorrow. Woooooooooo!

#1128 6 years ago

I should have my Premium in the house by this time next week. Can't wait!!!

#1164 6 years ago

My Premium is being delivered in the next 2-5 hours. This day is going to drag...

*looks at clock again

Ugh...

#1168 6 years ago

It's here! Too bad it's got to stay in the box until tomorrow night.

IMG_2003 (resized).JPGIMG_2003 (resized).JPG

#1194 6 years ago

Some friends were supposed to come over tonight and help me lug the box upstairs, but they couldn't make it.

Impatience got the best of me, so I set it up in my living room and played 10 or so games. Holy smokes, the hyperloop is awesome!!!

I'm already in love with this game.

IMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPG

IMG_2037 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPG

IMG_2038 (resized).JPGIMG_2038 (resized).JPG

IMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPG

IMG_2040 (resized).JPGIMG_2040 (resized).JPG

#1230 6 years ago

Today was a blast! Not only did my Star Wars premium make its way up my stairs and into its new home, but Lonnie McDonald - world record holder on Joust - was in the house, and put up a 9,999,999 score on my Joust machine during the proceedings (I'm the bald one):

IMG_3663 (resized).JPGIMG_3663 (resized).JPG

IMG_3668 (resized).JPGIMG_3668 (resized).JPG

IMG_2046 (resized).JPGIMG_2046 (resized).JPG

#1242 6 years ago

I installed Mezel Mods' speaker grills yesterday. Diggin' 'em.
IMG_2051 (resized).JPGIMG_2051 (resized).JPG

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The bezel on the mini LCD looks like a bad move to me too. Leave the bezel black to make the screen pop. There is no need to put anything on it imo but each to their own.

This doesn't pop?

IMG_3643 (resized).JPGIMG_3643 (resized).JPG

IMG_2038 (resized).JPGIMG_2038 (resized).JPG

But like you said, to each their own.

2 weeks later
#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

That light show is pretty sweet!

#1552 6 years ago

My download keeps hanging up RIGHT at the end. Ugh.

#1596 6 years ago

I don't know if this is code-related, or just a coincidence, but with both .91 and .92, the fork will sometimes not drop low enough, and the ball hangs up on it until the game does a few ball searches (and then it'll eventually drop low enough to roll off).

Is there a menu adjustment or a simple fix for this?

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, I noticed that once after about 20 games. The fork is about 1cm up from the playfield and have to wait for ball search. I did not notice that at all on .89 code.
I also noticed some unfortunate death star and hyperloop issues initially after updating, but fortunately I have not seen then since.
Man, this game is a blast!!! ...and hard to walk away from!! Loving it.

On one hand, I'm sorry that you're experiencing this too, but on the other hand, I'm glad it's not just me. I was concerned that it was a mechanical issue, but it sounds like it's probably code-related. Hopefully they'll get that sorted out in the next update.

It really is an outstanding game. Every time I go into the game room for "one game," it usually winds up being 5-10.

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I have been playing the crap out of my .92 and have noticed a few times the death star ramp doesnt seem to be all the way up.

My issue has been that it doesn’t always drop all the way DOWN.

1 week later
#1815 6 years ago

Upgraded to .93 tonight (Prem) and I’m getting way more hangups on the fork than I was getting on .92. Ugh. I’m going to mess with the ramp tomorrow and see if it’s something I can adjust out. It just doesn’t return low enough to let the ball pass on a soft hit. It sticks up just enough to be an asshole.

I still love this game, but that fork is currently the bane of my existence.

#1838 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Just saw you're running LE code on a premium version. Does that always work with Stern LE/perm games, and does it make any changes to game play?

I'm pretty sure the LE and Premium code are identical. I have a Premium, but the code always says LE when the game boots up.

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would be more worried about stressing the motor driver board.
Rob

Is there a way to simply adjust the starting/ending position of the fork? I powered down the game and did it by hand (lifted the fork, and then lowered the motor arm so that the fork sits below the surface), but it immediately returns to the position that sticks up just a couple millimeters too high once I power it back up - just enough to trap the ball every single game.

When I go into test mode, the fork has three positions: 55, 56, and 57. 55 is perfect in test mode. When it goes into that position in an actual game, however, not so much.

I'm super frustrated. I love this new code, but I'm about to roll my game back to .89. I didn't start experiencing this problem until .92 (and it's way worse with .93).

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I removed my ramp and had a look at it,I realized it has a spring that helps pull it back down and the rest is just gravity,my ramp needed a little stronger spring or more gravity,I used a drop of zoom and a stronger spring and that works to pull the ramp Down,not to strong to stress the motor

Thanks for this suggestion! I tightened up the spring a little and I also reinstalled the code just in case something went screwy during the initial installation, and in the 5-6 games I played, it only peeked above the playfield once... and not enough to get the ball stuck. And after I hit the next hyperspace hurry-up, it went back down to the sarlaac pit... where it belongs. I'm really hoping that did the trick. I'll let you know if the issue returns.

Oh, and I turned the scoop eject power down to 20. So much better. I no longer have a mini panic attack every time the ball kicks out..

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Thanks for this suggestion! I tightened up the spring a little and I also reinstalled the code just in case something went screwy during the initial installation, and in the 5-6 games I played, it only peeked above the playfield once... and not enough to get the ball stuck. And after I hit the next hyperspace hurry-up, it went back down to the sarlaac pit... where it belongs. I'm really hoping that did the trick. I'll let you know if the issue returns.
Oh, and I turned the scoop eject power down to 20. So much better. I no longer have a mini panic attack every time the ball kicks out..

Well, crap. I played a few more games and it did it again (ball got stuck). Ugh.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

There are physical switches around the shaft that moves the ramp up and down. Lift the playfield, go into your settings for the ramp test and hit the button to go up. Make sure only the up switch comes on, hit the other button to go down, and make sure only the bottom switch goes on.
Then adjust the bottom switch so it goes down a little further before engaging switch and I'll bet you'll be good.
If you don't know how to adjust the switches: The switches have two small screws on the side that hold them on. Loosen those screws, and then you can rotate the switch back and forth and tighten them up when it is in the right position. Don't overtighten or you can crush the switch.

I ran home on my lunch break and gave this a shot, and in the 3-4 test games that I played, the ramp functioned perfectly. Thanks!

And just to make sure I messed with the right switch, the “bottom” switch is the one in the middle (upper left) of this photo, right?

EEE03550-43B4-42BB-93D2-491AACFF4E96 (resized).jpegEEE03550-43B4-42BB-93D2-491AACFF4E96 (resized).jpeg

#1913 6 years ago

Just to weigh in on the Pro Vs. Premium debate, you really can’t lose either way. I ordered a Premium a couple days after the initial announcement, but the Pro was the first model I got the opportunity to actually play, and it was love at first plunge.

I love the hyperloop and I prefer the art package of the Premium - so no buyer’s remorse over here - but the Pro model is a total winner.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Fixed it. The microswitch was bad. Using the switch matrix, when the switch was pressed, it would either work or not and when it did, it would trigger multiple times with one press. Installed a new microswitch and it works every time with one trigger per press. Thanks.

Glad you got it fixed. I actually had an issue with my start button a few days ago, but mine had just popped loose, so the button wasn’t hitting the switch consistently.

1 month later
#2455 6 years ago

Yeah, this new code is outstanding. Wow!

#2508 6 years ago

That Star Destroyer looks awesome! Where did you get it, and how did you mount it? I want one.

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I'm not usually doing a bunch of added modifications, but I found some earlier threads really helpful and worked off of that.
For those interested, I used two kinds of wires to that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and bent them into appropriate shapes as below and fastened them to the starships using screws that were #8 32 x 8/32", which I had to cut down myself using a tool from 32 x 3/8" (pic below).
I thought that the aluminum wire i used for the star destroyer was going to be too soft at first, but the post is so short, it's actually very stable...the music wire worked well for the tie fighter was way too wiggly on the pf for the destroyer.
I removed the nuts off the pf where I was interested in placing these wires, did not have to remove any ramps or other pf parts to accomplish this, then secured the nuts back to their appropriate places. The Star Destroyer was purchased on Amazon Prime, and yes that's a picture of the destroyed box next to my space shoes, I'm all in! Hahaha

Thanks for this. Do you happen to have any pics of where you mounded the wire on the underside of the ship? Did you do it where the clear plastic piece is?

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is what I used...including slave 1. Really look good in the game without obstructing view or being so big they are overwhelming. These fill in some of the holes and just enhance the game. Highly recommend.

I added the Destroyer last night, and it looks awesome. Slave 1 is next.

1 week later
#2697 6 years ago

Those look badass! I’m a Prem owner, but I’d debase myself for some LE rails.

I added an X-Wing series Slave 1 yesterday (Christmas present from my wife... my first-ever pinball gift, oddly enough):

89C7EC4F-15B1-445E-BC6C-8E6B24FD3E93 (resized).jpeg89C7EC4F-15B1-445E-BC6C-8E6B24FD3E93 (resized).jpeg

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks sweet!! How/what did you connect to for the green lightsaber to light it up? That looks great. Is it interactive with GI? Would you ever place a red lightsaber to the left ramp to balance out the force!?
Nice job!
What star destroyer model did you end up putting in the back right corner?
...and do you mind me asking, where/from whom did you get the small LCD screen plating/cover? That's lookin really nice.

Thanks! The lightsaber is from Mezel Mods. It ties directly to the GI from the nearest bulb.

I originally ordered a red one and received the green one by mistake. I didn’t even catch the error until I had already installed it, but wound up loving the way green looked, so I left it alone. I thought about getting a red one to balance it out, but was worried the red and green lights combined might look Christmas-y. Haha.

The Star Destroyer is the one from Armada. I read what you did and copied you pretty much exactly.

The bezel’s from Laseriffic.

Quoted from John1210:

The slave 1model looks sweet. Don’t care for the laseriffic bezel. Takes the pop out of the screen images imo.

Thanks! They did a good job with the detail on the Slave 1 figure.

I’ve heard the “it takes away the pop” criticism a few times about the bezel, and while I feel the complete opposite, to each their own.

1 week later
#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

How is the shaker motor implemented in sw? Is it worth putting in?

It’s integrated incredibly well. It even goes off during the match sequence.

5E7BBC60-CF1A-4AEE-8BDA-CFA4060A4D60 (resized).jpeg5E7BBC60-CF1A-4AEE-8BDA-CFA4060A4D60 (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#4728 5 years ago

I met Jeremy Bulloch today at Phoenix Comic Fest. Nice guy! He signed my translite. I probably should have snapped a pic before putting it behind glass, but you get the idea:

B8CB849E-0157-461E-AAB8-5437588440B9 (resized).jpegB8CB849E-0157-461E-AAB8-5437588440B9 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4947 5 years ago

I like this idea, and may give it a whirl myself. Any idea what size rubber ring that would need?

5 years later
#14306 10 months ago

It's been a long time since I've done a code update on this game.

Doing it now, and it's on a screen that says "spielcode-update resuming." It then flashes to a Stern Pinball splash screen, then goes back to the "spieldcode" message. Then it just keeps alternating between the two. I'm not seeing a progress bar or anything like that (it's been doing this for about 20 minutes). Is this normal? Should I pull the stick and try again? I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I bailed and tried it again. Success!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=30fathomdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.