20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 300.
#4901 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Destroying the Death Star is super satisfying.

I love selecting Luke and then doing the 'death star run' of all three modes in order than a 4-ball death star MB. Wish every mode set had a character where they were all available like that

#4902 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I love selecting Luke and then doing the 'death star run' of all three modes in order than a 4-ball death star MB. Wish every mode set had a character where they were all available like that

True. Going through Luke's full journey is satisfying as well. Love that we can attack this game in so many different ways.

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

More
Strange about the ninja balls. Have had them in my SW for 6 months as well as all my machines and no issues, play fast and still look great!

When you got your ninja balls were they doused in oil? He said he ships them in oil now cause someone didn’t use theirs for over a year and they rusted. I have no doubt that the oil is causing the issue; he told me to wipe it off with an old cotton shirt, then roll them in isopropyl alcohol which I did, wiped it off with a cotton shirt, let them sit overnight and wiped down one more time. They look shiny as heck but they definitely roll differently.

#4904 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When you got your ninja balls were they doused in oil? He said he ships them in oil now cause someone didn’t use theirs for over a year and they rusted. I have no doubt that the oil is causing the issue; he told me to wipe it off with an old cotton shirt, then roll them in isopropyl alcohol which I did, wiped it off with a cotton shirt, let them sit overnight and wiped down one more time. They look shiny as heck but they definitely roll differently.

Definitely weren’t oily. I did wipe them off though with a cotton shirt since I handled them. The shine is holding up better than any other I’ve ever used.

I would contact him about some replacements, maybe ask for non oiled balls.

#4905 5 years ago

My lockbar button plastic piece wont stay in. Any way to fix this? Thanks.

91A20A8A-05F9-4D19-8200-E5C9F6EFFC2F (resized).jpeg91A20A8A-05F9-4D19-8200-E5C9F6EFFC2F (resized).jpeg
#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

My lockbar button plastic piece wont stay in. Any way to fix this? Thanks.

Had mine replaced by my distributor. You can push the button back in and wrap some tape around the bottom of the shaft so it cant come back out until you get a replacement.

#4907 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Had mine replaced by my distributor. You can push the button back in and wrap some tape around the bottom of the shaft so it cant come back out until you get a replacement.

Is there a spring underneath the button because i don't have one? How does it stay in there?

#4908 5 years ago

So after Day 1 of SW, here's some just for fun Sh*ts and giggles audits.

Conclusion: This game is very underrated. Any real 'players' out there that don't like this game, I'd have to question their knowledge of the ruleset because the game, like GOT, is dependant on rules knowledge. I too didn't like it all that much on location but admittedly didn't know what the hell was going on or what each colored light represented.

As for multipliers vs GOT. I had 2 1/2 years on GOT vs 1 day on SW so to me, GOT is easier to keep track of and manage. I like how one of my pinsider friends put it; "SW multipliers is like driving a manual transmission". SW can get much more hectic and tougher to get the multiplier shot lined up in time. It's not as static as GOT. So for this, I can see it being a better, more fun multiplier system long term. We shall see!
IMG_1556 (resized).jpgIMG_1556 (resized).jpgIMG_1557 (resized).jpgIMG_1557 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpgIMG_1559 (resized).jpgIMG_1559 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1561 (resized).jpgIMG_1561 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpg

#4909 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is there a spring underneath the button because i don't have one? How does it stay in there?

Yes there is a spring, mine popped off and i had to look for it lol, your spring is laying about somewhere.

#4910 5 years ago

4 tilts! Good job, always have to test the tilt limits when you’re getting down to business.

#4911 5 years ago

Since the new code 1.03 the Hyperspace loop has worked brilliantly, I'm demolishing my old high scores and I've finally defeated the Emperor. I love this pin!

Below are all the shots needed to complete each mission for every character and what I believe are the most efficient mission stacks. All the recommended mission stacks below are started by selecting "Light Tatooine Missions" but you can rearrange most of the stacks to suit your needs if you like to light up other missions on your first ball. If you think some of the shots are wrong please post on which ones they are and I'll look into it. Click on the image to view it in it's proper resolution.

SWMissions01 (resized).pngSWMissions01 (resized).png

...many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Added over 5 years ago:

This post has been updated in the post below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781

#4912 5 years ago

i still think that this game makes more fun with mode stacking turned completly off. The immersion is better.

#4913 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

i still think that this game makes more fun with mode stacking turned completly off. The immersion is better.

I agree with that, the immersion is better.
Interesting to note, Han Stacked is 20 shots (second lowest) while unstacked it comes to 25 if you don't count Hoth 1 as a shot making his missions the lowest unstacked, one less than R2-D2. So for those looking for the fastest way to the Emperor while not stacking missions, Han might be the way to go.

#4914 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Below are all the shots needed to complete each mission for every character

Is this for Premium/LE or for PRO ?
Or is there no difference for the shots?

#4915 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Agreed. I have mine turned off.

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Yes there is a spring, mine popped off and i had to look for it lol, your spring is laying about somewhere.

Can someone show me how the spring looks on the underside of the lockbar where the pushbutton is with a picture. My pushbutton is popping out and alby states there is a spring underneath. I cant find a diagram in the manual. I found a spring on the floor next to pinball, but i am not sure it belongs underneath where the push button sits.

#4917 5 years ago

A quick FYI for those thinking about mirror blades and a question for those who have them. I installed mirror blades and they were really tight. Even giving me resistance when I tried to put the playfield back into position. Then, when I went to check an issue, my playfield got caught on the middle mirror blade screw. Luckily I removed it without damaging the playfield. I thought it was the screw not being totally flush as a design flaw or bad screw head. But when I looked, the blades were bowed out towards the playfield. There is a metal clip of some sort screwed into the cabinet sides about 1/3 from the front of the cabinet. There is nothing connected to it. Have no idea what it is for. But the mirror blades sit over this, causing it to bow out. That tension, plus the rattle of the game worked the screw head out enough to be able to catch on the playfield. So, for now, I am omitting the middle mirror blade screw and everything is ok. Wondering if I can remove those metal clips so that the mirrors will sit more flush to the cabinet side? Have no idea what they are for. I'll snap a pic of them this evening to help make more sense.

#4918 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Is this for Premium/LE or for PRO ?
Or is there no difference for the shots?

I've got a Premium but I'm assuming that the Pro has the exact same shots.
Only difference is in the increased difficulty of some of the Left Loop shots when the fork ramp is up on the Premium/LE.

#4919 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

A quick FYI for those thinking about mirror blades and a question for those who have them. I installed mirror blades and they were really tight. Even giving me resistance when I tried to put the playfield back into position. Then, when I went to check an issue, my playfield got caught on the middle mirror blade screw. Luckily I removed it without damaging the playfield. I thought it was the screw not being totally flush as a design flaw or bad screw head. But when I looked, the blades were bowed out towards the playfield. There is a metal clip of some sort screwed into the cabinet sides about 1/3 from the front of the cabinet. There is nothing connected to it. Have no idea what it is for. But the mirror blades sit over this, causing it to bow out. That tension, plus the rattle of the game worked the screw head out enough to be able to catch on the playfield. So, for now, I am omitting the middle mirror blade screw and everything is ok. Wondering if I can remove those metal clips so that the mirrors will sit more flush to the cabinet side? Have no idea what they are for. I'll snap a pic of them this evening to help make more sense.

That metal clip is a playfield centering clip, which helps put the playfield in the center of the cabinet when lowered. That way the playfield doesn't band around while moving/transporting the pin. When I installed my mirror blades, I took those clips off, installed the blade, and then reinstalled the clip which slightly overlapped the mirror. This may or may not work for you, depending on cabinet and/or mirror blade variances. If the clip will not work with the mirror blade, I'd just leave the clips off and set them aside.

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Since the new code 1.03 the Hyperspace loop has worked brilliantly, I'm demolishing my old high scores and I've finally defeated the Emperor. I love this pin!
Below are all the shots needed to complete each mission for every character and what I believe are the most efficient mission stacks. All the recommended mission stacks below are started by selecting "Light Tatooine Missions" but you can rearrange most of the stacks to suit your needs if you like to light up other missions on your first ball. If you think some of the shots are wrong please post on which ones they are and I'll look into it. Click on the image to view it in it's proper resolution.

Nice chart!

#4921 5 years ago

So if I get SDTM when I shoot left flipper to right inner horseshoe (Hoth), how should I adjust the rail? Do I create more arc so it goes to right flipper?

#4922 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There is a metal clip of some sort screwed into the cabinet sides about 1/3 from the front of the cabinet. There is nothing connected to it. Have no idea what it is for.

It's there to center the playfield in the cab. Must be removed to make space for the mirror blades. To me those things initially looked like clamps to hold the blades, but that was a stupid thought as I learned the hard way. But... installing blades OVER them without noticing that that MIGHT be an issue... ...now I don't feel that bad anymore :b

#4923 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

More
That metal clip is a playfield centering clip, which helps put the playfield in the center of the cabinet when lowered. That way the playfield doesn't band around while moving/transporting the pin. When I installed my mirror blades, I took those clips off, installed the blade, and then reinstalled the clip which slightly overlapped the mirror. This may or may not work for you, depending on cabinet and/or mirror blade variances. If the clip will not work with the mirror blade, I'd just leave the clips off and set them aside.

Thanks. Learn something new every day in this hobby.

#4924 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Can someone make this a key post? This thing is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

#4925 5 years ago

So I recently did a lineup shakedown and the 3 pins I currently have (IMDN, AFMr, SW) have all joined the household all within the last month or 2. It will be interesting to see how each fairs up in the long run. IMDN and AFM being the most popular amongst pinsiders; and SW being one of the most hated hahaha. I see how IMDN and AFM have that natural popular appeal to them (they are awesome); but man, SW has such an addictive personality to it - it’s like the chick that doesn’t show off her hotness, then you get her naked in bed and then wow! Hottest thing you ever laid eyes on

26690843-5FDE-4B0A-A64A-74390054CF8F (resized).jpeg26690843-5FDE-4B0A-A64A-74390054CF8F (resized).jpeg

#4926 5 years ago

Yeah, I think Star Wars is definitely underrated. I get it is not the implementation of the theme many were wanting, but SR has said he wanted it to reflect the battles/dogfights in the movies and I think he nailed it. It is a great pin for a home environment with lots of ways to approach it. Hopefully people who have been swayed with the the whole overblown hyperbole "multiplier math" thing (how hard is it to figure out that higher multipliers are better?) will give it a second chance. With the movie scenes, call outs, speed and flow it is just fun pinball.

#4927 5 years ago

It's definitely a battle every time you play! That's a huge part of the appeal for me

#4928 5 years ago

Light Saber Duel is one of the most immersive modes I've ever played. The light show, shots, sounds and clips really bring it together. I am glad that with the newest update, you only have to complete it once per character. Tie fighter multiball is also amazing, and pretty much every other mode. I can't see how people were disappointed.

#4929 5 years ago

This is what the shooter rod should look like

IMG-20180606-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20180606-WA0000 (resized).jpg
#4930 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can someone show me how the spring looks on the underside of the lockbar where the pushbutton is with a picture. My pushbutton is popping out and alby states there is a spring underneath. I cant find a diagram in the manual. I found a spring on the floor next to pinball, but i am not sure it belongs underneath where the push button sits.

The spring is inside. (just buy a new one... the base of yours is probably busted)

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4764

#4931 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Hopefully people who have been swayed with the the whole overblown hyperbole "multiplier math" thing (how hard is it to figure out that higher multipliers are better?) will give it a second chance.

They're a sad bunch, just let them go. It isn't even the "math scoring" to them, they refuse to believe there's anyway the game could have a *gag* "journey" to it and dismiss it.

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, I think Star Wars is definitely underrated. I get it is not the implementation of the theme many were wanting, but SR has said he wanted it to reflect the battles/dogfights in the movies and I think he nailed it. It is a great pin for a home environment with lots of ways to approach it. Hopefully people who have been swayed with the the whole overblown hyperbole "multiplier math" thing (how hard is it to figure out that higher multipliers are better?) will give it a second chance. With the movie scenes, call outs, speed and flow it is just fun pinball.

I agree. My biggest problem with it is the wildly short ball times (left outlane is particularly brutal...so many drains from hitting the 3 bank target). Love the game, but hard to hack the frustration. 9 of 10 games were just humiliating!

Decided to make 2 tweaks that made a huge difference. Installed a Gottlieb "Siamese" clear post on the left outlane (works better than the standard Stern post in the "last" position...provides another 1/8" of drain protection). Also bumped feature adjustment #17 (Ball Save Timer: Mini Wizard) from 15->30.

I just installed the latest 1.03 update...will be interesting to compare the left drain audits over the next 100 games.

fwiw, I very rarely modify my games to make them easier.

snaroff

IMG_9588 (resized).jpgIMG_9588 (resized).jpg
#4933 5 years ago

Steve,

That’s a neat idea with the post. I just might try that. Thanks for the idea!

#4934 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Also bumped feature adjustment #17 (Ball Save Timer: Mini Wizard) from 15->30.

I did this too. Now I can concentrate a lot easier on makings shots. They are too frustrating otherwise.

Rob

#4935 5 years ago

Dang so many posts today... I thought for sure the topper was released!

#4936 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

More
I agree. My biggest problem with it is the wildly short ball times (left outlane is particularly brutal...so many drains from hitting the 3 bank target). Love the game, but hard to hack the frustration. 9 of 10 games were just humiliating!
Decided to make 2 tweaks that made a huge difference. Installed a Gottlieb "Siamese" clear post on the left outlane (works better than the standard Stern post in the "last" position...provides another 1/8" of drain protection). Also bumped feature adjustment #17 (Ball Save Timer: Mini Wizard) from 15->30.
I just installed the latest 1.03 update...will be interesting to compare the left drain audits over the next 100 games.
snaroff

I’ve never seen that type of post before, is that easy to find?

#4937 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Me too, I’m disappointed!

#4938 5 years ago

White rubbers, too?

#4939 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

White rubbers, too?

White rubbers are the best

#4940 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

More
I’ve never seen that type of post before, is that easy to find?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

snaroff

#4941 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect the topper will be revealed in 2020 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

#4942 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

More
The spring is inside. (just buy a new one... the base of yours is probably busted)
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4764

I am talking about the button in the middle of the lockbar, not the shooter rod.

#4943 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but man, SW has such an addictive personality to it - it’s like the chick that doesn’t show off her hotness, then you get her naked in bed and then wow! Hottest thing you ever laid eyes on

It's so hot it melted the wall clock.

#4944 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I am talking about the button in the middle of the lockbar, not the shooter rod.

Ha, thats no shooter rod

#4945 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

More
snaroff

Great idea, thanks !!

#4946 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Would love to get an update on this.

#4947 5 years ago

I like this idea, and may give it a whirl myself. Any idea what size rubber ring that would need?

#4948 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I like this idea, and may give it a whirl myself. Any idea what size rubber ring that would need?

Think I stretched a TITAN 3/8 ID that I happened to have around. 7/16 ID should also work.

snaroff

#4949 5 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Would love to get an update on this.

Just played 32 balls with the siamese post...6 left drains, 22 center drains, 4 right drains. With the original Stern post/location, the # of left drains would likely increase from 6=>10 (based on the previous data that was erased when I updated).

Even with the original Stern post, the game is center drain dominant (not a surprise).

For me, this post reduces the left drains and makes hitting the 3-bank target much less frustrating. With the original Stern post and factory location, hitting the 3-bank target was so painful that I was avoiding it (which makes the cool multiplier software/strategy hard to appreciate

For me, the game is less frustrating, yet still very challenging. Exactly what I wanted...my goal isn't to dumb down the game and have long ball times. Just make it a bit less brutal. Interesting that SR games are sometimes prone to this? (i.e. the infamous STTNG right outlane that resulted in a commonly installed extender).

Hope this works out for folks...

snaroff

#4950 5 years ago

I just encountered a new one for me... my outlane gate on my premium will open but not close. I inspected it and everything looks intact and set screws are tight... next suggestion?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/99?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.