SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 302.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Hi Josh
Love all your SW video's
Any chance doing the lastest code scoring video.
Cheers

I was thinking of doing a journey to Jedi Multiball video at some point, as I can fairly consistently get to it, but I am still trying to get my head around the steps to quickly complete it. The first time I ended up getting there, I actually finished really quickly through some luck without understanding what I was doing. The last few times I just kind of flail around and eventually drain and the game starts back at the beginning where you can select one of the remaining heroes. Jedi multiball is hard to focus on because you're just so tired by the time you get that far, plus the lighting effects are like a mix of whats happening during Escape Boba Fett, and Light Saber Duel.

If you have Pin Stadiums with the UV+Glow installed and the flasher is hooked to the right scoop flasher, you are in for a real treat during that mode. The game will cycle between strobing the blue, and red GI which is kinda dark, and then goes through a flasher phase too... it's just so cool!

#4802 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Can you explain what type of aluminum rod, how to cut and where to mount it? Thank you for that info!

For the star destroyer I posted a photo how to some posts before

#4803 5 years ago

When my game ends, it sometimes just shows the tie fighter screen on the main screen. It doesn’t change until I start the next game. I thought this was a glitch, but updated codes haven’t fixed this. Am I missing someway to get it off that screen.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When my game ends, it sometimes just shows the tie fighter screen on the main screen. It doesn’t change until I start the next game. I thought this was a glitch, but updated codes haven’t fixed this. Am I missing someway to get it off that screen.

Tie fighter screen? you mean what's usually on the mini-screen?

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tie fighter screen? you mean what's usually on the mini-screen?

It’s the “Tie Fighter Assault” screen. The one that is up when you are killing tie fighter with the mash button...on the main lcd. Little lcd is stuck too.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s the “Tie Fighter Assault” screen. The one that is up when you are killing tie fighter with the mash button...on the main lcd. Little lcd is stuck too.

Mine's never shown that on the main screen. Sounds like you have some sort of issue.

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine's never shown that on the main screen. Sounds like you have some sort of issue.

It’s only 1 our 20 games or so. Hopefully it goes away with the next update.

#4808 5 years ago

I would try completely reinstalling the 1.03 update. Re-download at and do a thorough install.

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would try completely reinstalling the 1.03 update. Re-download at and do a thorough install.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was thinking of doing a journey to Jedi Multiball video at some point, as I can fairly consistently get to it, but I am still trying to get my head around the steps to quickly complete it. The first time I ended up getting there, I actually finished really quickly through some luck without understanding what I was doing. The last few times I just kind of flail around and eventually drain and the game starts back at the beginning where you can select one of the remaining heroes. Jedi multiball is hard to focus on because you're just so tired by the time you get that far, plus the lighting effects are like a mix of whats happening during Escape Boba Fett, and Light Saber Duel.
If you have Pin Stadiums with the UV+Glow installed and the flasher is hooked to the right scoop flasher, you are in for a real treat during that mode. The game will cycle between strobing the blue, and red GI which is kinda dark, and then goes through a flasher phase too... it's just so cool!

Jedi multiball video would be awesome Josh
Pin stadium rocks

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slap the side, shake that bastard, spit on your fingers and stick it in the coin return

If I wasn’t excited about Getting SW before, I sure am now!

#4812 5 years ago

I just noticed that my escape arm is not working properly. It is opening fine when when i hit the force targets to give me an outlane save, but when the ball goes down the outlane to be saved when escape is lit, the arm is not returning to the up and down position? I looked at the mechanism underneath playfield, but i dont know how to fix it?

#4813 5 years ago

monte_ My Escape arm was doing something similar a while back, and all I had to do was tighten the hex screw at the pivot point on the playfield. Good luck.

#4814 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

monte_ My Escape arm was doing something similar a while back, and all I had to do was tighten the hex screw at the pivot point on the playfield. Good luck.

Mine has been doing the same. Just tightening that once screw from the top I assume fixed it? I asked the question awhile back and the only solution anyone offered was to remove the gate completely. I am going to try this simple fix tonight! I have honestly been too busy with everything else to even bother removing the glass yet and trying anything. Thank you!

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Even though the screw didnt seem loose, tightening it very tight solved the problem. Thanks.

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Even though the screw didnt seem loose, tightening it very tight solved the problem. Thanks.

Thanks for confirming the fix! I will be doing this tonight when I get home!

#4817 5 years ago

I think I'm on the verge of selling my Star Wars Premium. I love everything about it, except for the ball launch. I hate the fact that at ball launch I have absolutely no control, it ricochet's off of so much shit, there is zero ball control. Often I'll have it go straight down the left or right drain (I've literally had it do the left outlane and then the right outlane on the ball save launch). The other times, it bounces back and forth from the slings a million times before finally settling down and I'm able to actually take control of the ball.

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think I'm on the verge of selling my Star Wars Premium. I love everything about it, except for the ball launch.

Sell it and pick up a pro that doesn't suffer from all that crap. But yeah I've heard it's pretty damn annoying.

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sell it and pick up a pro that doesn't suffer from all that crap. But yeah I've heard it's pretty damn annoying.

Why would the Pro not suffer from the same thing? The geometry is exactly the same?

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think I'm on the verge of selling my Star Wars Premium. I love everything about it, except for the ball launch. I hate the fact that at ball launch I have absolutely no control, it ricochet's off of so much shit, there is zero ball control. Often I'll have it go straight down the left or right drain (I've literally had it do the left outlane and then the right outlane on the ball save launch). The other times, it bounces back and forth from the slings a million times before finally settling down and I'm able to actually take control of the ball.

Tried adjusting the shooter lane exit guide? Even a tiny movement there can change the plunge a ton

#4821 5 years ago

I generally soft plunge directly to the flippers if the ball save is over.

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried adjusting the shooter lane exit guide? Even a tiny movement there can change the plunge a ton

Yeah... but the ball launch is so random, I don't know what I could do to fix it. I'll literally have go anywhere between bouncing off the 3 bank and straight into the left outlane, or bouncing above the drop targets and drain to the right outlane.

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Why would the Pro not suffer from the same thing? The geometry is exactly the same?

The pro has a stand-up post just below the drop targets - that seems to make a pretty big difference.

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

The pro has a stand-up post just below the drop targets - that seems to make a pretty big difference.

Oh, that's interesting. I don't think I'd want to play the game without the Hyperloop and Death Star shot though.

#4825 5 years ago

The Pro has a post below and a post with sleeve above the drop targets. It is easier for sure.

#4826 5 years ago

I have a terrible time with left outlane drains as well. Really odd that the pro & premium/le differ in this way. I contacted SR to see if he can explain the background behind the difference. I'd love to find a solution...I noticed someone earlier in this thread added a post to the Premium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/28#post-3983261

snaroff

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have a terrible time with left outlane drains as well. Really odd that the pro & premium/le differ in this way. I contacted SR to see if he can explain the background behind the difference. I'd love to find a solution...I noticed someone earlier in this thread added a post to the Premium.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/28#post-3983261
snaroff

I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that originally the drops were going to be standups and so the post was needed, but they didn't take it out when they converted to drops, but that you shouldn't add one

#4828 5 years ago

Try to adjust the shooter lane exit guide, that can change a lot the ball behavior.
I'm litterally in love with my premium since i adjust all the small grips on it.

#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that originally the drops were going to be standups and so the post was needed, but they didn't take it out when they converted to drops, but that you shouldn't add one

Why are the posts essential for standups? (vs. drops). Confused.

snaroff

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Try to adjust the shooter lane exit guide, that can change a lot the ball behavior.
I'm litterally in love with my premium since i adjust all the small grips on it.

How should I adjust it if my ball launches go anywhere from the left outlane to right outlane? It just seems too damn random in strength/trajectory.

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why are the posts essential for standups? (vs. drops). Confused.
snaroff

I don't know the exact reason but that's what they said (Iirc)

This is like third or fourth hand info at this point

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't know the exact reason but that's what they said (Iirc)
This is like third or fourth hand info at this point

Steve Ritchie said it during a Facebook interview.

First hand for you: Its around the 10 minute mark.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

How should I adjust it if my ball launches go anywhere from the left outlane to right outlane? It just seems too damn random in strength/trajectory.

I did it and worried about the same thing. It seems to close down the randomness a little. I bent it out toward the playfield a bit. Go easy. A little goes a long way.

My Premium still has more cheap drains than any other pin I own, but I have gotten it under control now. I’m finally really liking it. I put it on five ball (I know, I know) to compensate for the one or two cheap drains. I was one shot from completing all goals today.

Speaking of cheap drains, when I’m selecting a Death Star mode and the ball is being held by the magnet, on some modes the jump ramp will go down and come back up right as it lets go of the ball. It will routinely go sdtm from that. Frustrating but infrequent. Does anybody else have this happen?

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Well I tried it and this fix did not work for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with an alternate fix. Thanks anyways!

#4835 5 years ago

6.5 degree pitch. Level side to side. Adjust the metal shooter lane guide. Learn to plunge at the right spot. If it’s not to your liking...sell. Otherwise, IMHO, a blast to play! Stern got SW right. Even Met Super, Super skill shot is hard. But it’s great when you hit it.

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:Well I tried it and this fix did not work for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with an alternate fix. Thanks anyways!

I used a pair of pliers on the escape gate coil actuator plate and 'tweaked it a tiny bit'. That was after I tried adjusting everything else with no success. It's been good ever since.

Rob

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I used a pair of pliers on the escape gate coil actuator plate and 'tweaked it a tiny bit'. That was after I tried adjusting everything else with no success. It's been good ever since.
Rob

Thank you for your feedback! I will try this tonight!

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Well I tried it and this fix did not work for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with an alternate fix. Thanks anyways!

My escape arm would hang open occasionally. Beneath the playfield there is a collar on the bottom of the shaft attached to the arm. The collar was too far in on the shaft and was binding on the plastic bushing #2. The fix for me was to loosen screw #9 and move the collar #5 out about 0.020" on the shaft. There was green Locktight on the screw and collar and I had to remove the assembly to make the adjustment, which was pretty simple to remove. To see if this is your problem, check to see if you have any vertical movement on the diverter arm/shaft. It doesn't need to be much, maybe the thickness of a piece of paper, but there should be perceptible play. YMMV

Compact Diverter Assembly (resized).JPGCompact Diverter Assembly (resized).JPG
#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

My escape arm would hang open occasionally. Beneath the playfield there is a collar on the bottom of the shaft attached to the arm. The collar was too far in on the shaft and was binding on the plastic bushing #2. The fix for me was to loosen screw #9 and move the collar #5 out about 0.020" on the shaft. There was green Locktight on the screw and collar and I had to remove the assembly to make the adjustment, which was pretty simple to remove. To see if this is your problem, check to see if you have any vertical movement on the diverter arm/shaft. It doesn't need to be much, maybe the thickness of a piece of paper, but there should be perceptible play. YMMV

Thank you for this! I will be digging into it tonight to see what it looks like!

#4840 5 years ago

Hello all,

Well my family and I made the plunge last Friday and purchased our first pin...the Star Wars Pro! Been having a blast the last few days. Have been in the Arcade hobby the last 6-7 years or more and really love restoring old cabs. We finally decided we needed a pin in the basement.

Honestly, after reading this thread (and others) for the last 4-5 months we chose the Pro because of the SW theme and price...as compared to the Premium/LE models. I realize there are probably better games to learn how to play pinball on...as this mother trucker is hard!

Again...we are total NEWBS at this and I apologize in advance for the basic questions that are sure to follow... We already plan on a few cosmetic mods in the weeks that follow such as; mirror blades and the LED Millennium Falcon. Nothing to crazy yet as we are pretty happy with the way is sits.

My first official question is probably pretty dumb... (and I'm getting ready to throw on my flame resistant jacket)

I have code .89 and want to update to the latest. Am I alright to just DL the .103 update and drop it right in? Meaning, I dont need to go back and do .91, then .93, then .100 and so on...

I warned you...pretty goofy question! Presume I just need the latest but wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Sure, no worries.
I took a post from my own spare part box, so you'll have to arrange your own.
My guess is that it probably was forgotten in the art/cad playfield drilling files for the prem/LE if its installed on the pro.
It makes those ridiculous auto launch drains a thing of the past.

Are they fixing this on newer runs of the premiums?

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Are they fixing this on newer runs of the premiums?

According to Ritchie, the premium and LE playfields are correct. About 250 pro playfields were produced with the hole that was not needed and the decision was made to use the playfields and fill the hole with a post. Kermit24's post covers it here:

Quoted from kermit24:

Steve Ritchie said it during a Facebook interview.
First hand for you: Its around the 10 minute mark.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

According to Ritchie, the premium and LE playfields are correct. About 250 pro playfields were produced with the hole that was not needed and the decision was made to use the playfields and fill the hole with a post. Kermit24's post covers it here:

The Pro games will always have the 2 posts. The Premium games will not.

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Pro games will always have the 2 posts. The Premium games will not.

The playfeild on the pro and premium are the same on that side of the playfeild near the drops and since the pro has the post and the premiums do not that tells me that it should have been their on the premiums from the get go. I was warming up to this pin but now I am as cold as ice. Unless I can find a used premium with the post added from a ingenious pinsider.

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The playfeild on the pro and premium are the same on that side of the playfeild near the drops and since the pro has the post and the premiums do not that tells me that it should have been their on the premiums from the get go. I was warming up to this pin but now I am as cold as ice. Unless I can find a used premium with the post added from a ingenious pinsider.

The designer literally said the opposite?

#4846 5 years ago

The purpose of the post was never realized since drop targets are used on all the versions of the game. There is no practical reason to include the post on the Pro. It is vestigial. It would make sense to either include the post on all versions or delete it.

#4847 5 years ago

Hi guys , I’m pretty sure this is the next game the premium , I’m getting but I have questions! Yes I have played the game and liked. I haven’t gotten to far.
1)
Is code complete enough? Not a fan of hoping it gets done. I have X-men and a gb still waiting.
2) does hyper loop get used enough?
I really think it’s cool. And have seen where a good idea just doesn’t really get used. Thanks so much in advance.
Bart

#4848 5 years ago

Just installed my mirror blades on my premium. Boy, you guys were right, they are super tight on this cabinet. Plus, there is a white gi bulb that reflects in the left mirror that is painful. There is a hole in the plastic to let the falcon wiring go through so you get the whole light reflected. I may swap the blue and white bulb. They initially looked great, but with the tight fit plus blinding gi, I may have to pull them. Sucks, too, because I struggled with getting them in the first place.

15280643842064334724230416845103 (resized).jpg15280643842064334724230416845103 (resized).jpg
#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just installed my mirror blades on my premium. Boy, you guys were right, they are super tight on this cabinet. Plus, there is a white gi bulb that reflects in the left mirror that is painful. There is a hole in the plastic to let the falcon wiring go through so you get the whole light reflected. I may swap the blue and white bulb. They initially looked great, but with the tight fit plus blinding gi, I may have to pull them. Sucks, too, because I struggled with getting them in the first place.

I wouldn’t mess with the colors on the GI, they are used in many modes for cool effects like Light Saber duel, asteroid field, etc. If you start swapping out colors it wouldn’t be good.

#4850 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys , I’m pretty sure this is the next game the premium , I’m getting but I have questions! Yes I have played the game and liked. I haven’t gotten to far.
1)
Is code complete enough? Not a fan of hoping it gets done. I have X-men and a gb still waiting.
2) does hyper loop get used enough?
I really think it’s cool. And have seen where a good idea just doesn’t really get used. Thanks so much in advance.
Bart

The code could use some polish but all the modes, wizard modes, etc are there

Hyper loop will mostly depend on how well you can hit the shot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.