Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 301.
#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My thoughts as well

I thought that setting was for how frequent the shaker was used. Not the power of the shaker itself.

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Except they have before. TSPP.

Exactly, many of their games (TSPP, LOTR, IM, AC/DC, etc.) have these crazy, hard to reach levels that 99% of the people don't reach, but the idea that it's there is what matters to many. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's my dream anyway...

#4703 5 years ago

The settings in the rom setup do nothing for controlling the intensity of the shake. They control the number of events that shake.
If you want to calm down the shaker, install a PWM controller.

Quoted from Psw757:

My thoughts as well

#4704 5 years ago

Why not just remove some material from the weights?

#4705 5 years ago

I was agreeing that there doesn’t seem to be a ton of shaker activity coded into the game. The biggest shake I notice is end of game death star action. Gives a good rumble but rest of game i find to be very subtle even when blowing up Death Star. I wish it would be a little more active when you achieve this because sometimes it’s so crazy you don’t even know it’s happening.

Yes I do have it set on maximal use as well.

#4706 5 years ago

video mode has some decent shake to it

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

New patch is good, but I've pretty much retired it and listed my pro on the market. Had to put a deposit down on IMDN Premium after playing the Pro. Still had a blast with SW for the past 11 months.

That's one reason why I think it's better to buy the game about a year after it comes out. You can see how the code matures before you get it and enjoy the game in its prime with it still being fresh. I just got my SW Premium a couple days after the 1.03 code came out. I'm loving the game -- what an adrenaline rush.

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If your shakers are crazy strong a simple and free fix is to find an allen wrench and just change the offset of the weights. You can rotate them all the way to a balanced position where you won't feel a thing and then move incrementally from there until you get to a spot where the shake is right for you. I've done this on a number of shakers that were just too overpowering.

Or add the board which is probably more robust and safer for your game overall.

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

No but I had problems with the ball save gate staying open after it used and should close. No amount of adjusting fixed the problem so I removed the gate and the game gives a virtual ball save. Problem solved and I guess that would solve your problem as well.

Anyone else having this problem with the ball save gate? Mine started acting up intermittently, but now stays stuck open everytime, and wont jiggle closed eventually like it did at first. Anyone have a different fix? I'd hate to have to remove the gate entirely as a fix, but it is unplayable as is.

#4710 5 years ago

I did something a little different on my game. I added some Tie Fighters chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field like in the Empire Strikes Back movie. Asteroids tend to look better in person, but I thought I'd share the idea for those that like to mod. I'm still playing around with it but this will give you the basic idea. I also added the Star Destroy and Slave 1. I like the Star Destroyer. I'm still playing around with the Slave 1 and how to balance the right side of the playfield a bit more.

file-1 (resized).jpegfile-1 (resized).jpeg
file1-1 (resized).jpegfile1-1 (resized).jpeg

#4711 5 years ago

I did something similar, but i have Slave 1 chasing the falcon, ie escape from boba fett.

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If your shakers are crazy strong a simple and free fix is to find an allen wrench and just change the offset of the weights. You can rotate them all the way to a balanced position where you won't feel a thing and then move incrementally from there until you get to a spot where the shake is right for you. I've done this on a number of shakers that were just too overpowering.
Or add the board which is probably more robust and safer for your game overall.

I even tried them in another spike 2 game and it wasn’t as violent. Just in SW. I remember something similar with my Kiss years ago and it corrected after the first code update. No big deal. Shaker free in this game for now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

#4713 5 years ago

Weird!

Anyway no big loss in my book. I'm gonna move mine over to IMDN and see if it's a better fit

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

video mode has some decent shake to it

Only if you hit the asteroids

#4715 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only if you hit the asteroids

yeah. shakers usually shake when you hit something

#4716 5 years ago

Has the game improved much since the last code update?

I really love the theme and think the LE looks magnificent!

I've seen many come up for sale in Australia and thats a little worrying.
When I ask sellers why they are offloading its usually replied with "The game is just too bare"..

Tron is also bare but everyones loves it.
I'd rather ask experienced owners/players who have had their game for awhile their thoughts.

#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Has the game improved much since the last code update?
I really love the theme and think the LE looks magnificent!
I've seen many come up for sale in Australia and thats a little worrying.
When I ask sellers why they are offloading its usually replied with "The game is just too bare"..
I'd rather ask experienced owners/players their thoughts.

The game has come a long way but like any game its personal taste. Some love it and some don't. I have a pro and everyone that plays it loves it.
A lot of people are selling games in Australia at the moment to fund their purchase of IMDN.

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

The game has come a long way but like any game its personal taste. Some love it and some don't. I have a pro and everyone that plays it loves it.
A lot of people are selling games in Australia at the moment to fund their purchase of IMDN.

Fair enough. And yes true regarding Iron Maiden.

#4719 5 years ago

I like the Pinball Life shaker. It actually shakes the machine rather than turning it into a violent vibrator. The PWM is the best way to tame on SAM games..

#4720 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That seems like a good solution but it actually does zero! I cut a ton off of a Cointaker weight set and didn't notice the slightest difference. I think it's because its a DC motor so it spins up faster faster with less weight.

Edit: deleted PWM talk for SPIKE.

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I like the Pinball Life shaker. It actually shakes the machine rather than turning it into a violent vibrator. The PWM is the best way to tame the others.

DO NOT use an additional board on Spike games. You will fry your cabinet node board.

#4722 5 years ago

I agree with the idea of not adding a PWM board to the Spike system. What about fabricating a rubber mount for the shaker motor?

#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I'd rather ask experienced owners/players who have had their game for awhile their thoughts.

The Premium is not bare. The hyperspace loop adds a lot to the game both physically and in terms of game playing experience. Sure, I added some spaceships to the game to dress it up a bit since there are some very high quality ones available, but I wouldn't have counted the Premium version as bare. I think SW is a ton of fun to play and it gives me an adrenaline rush. Even when playing badly, I want to try one more time. Like any game, there are fans and haters.

I do like IMDN and think it is a lot of fun to play; I don't care for the theme so I won't buy it but I'll certainly play it anywhere I find it.

#4724 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The Premium is not bare. The hyperspace loop adds a lot to the game both physically and in terms of game playing experience. Sure, I added some spaceships to the game to dress it up a bit since there are some very high quality ones available, but I wouldn't have counted the Premium version as bare. I think SW is a ton of fun to play and it gives me an adrenaline rush. Even when playing badly, I want to try one more time.

+1
Also, there are great movie clips on the LCD that add a lot, as well as great audio with character call-outs and John Williams scores. Not to mention a really good light LED light show! And I agree, a few added mods/toys/ships, etc for fun and per preference...This game is a total winner for me.

#4725 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I did something a little different on my game. I added some Tie Fighters chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field like in the Empire Strikes Back movie. Asteroids tend to look better in person, but I thought I'd share the idea for those that like to mod. I'm still playing around with it but this will give you the basic idea. I also added the Star Destroy and Slave 1. I like the Star Destroyer. I'm still playing around with the Slave 1 and how to balance the right side of the playfield a bit more.

Well done. This is probably the best toy implementation I've seen yet on this machine. Mind me asking where you got the asteroids and Tie Fighters from?

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

That's a seriously awesome effect you got with the asteroids and clever idea with the chase against the tie fighters. Just a suggestion, mirror blades would make it look like twice the amount of asteroids and may even give a deeper dimension to that idea. But regardless, well done sir, well done. Looks cool.

#4727 5 years ago

Looking for a Star Wars Premium or LE in the Maryland area.

#4728 5 years ago

I met Jeremy Bulloch today at Phoenix Comic Fest. Nice guy! He signed my translite. I probably should have snapped a pic before putting it behind glass, but you get the idea:

B8CB849E-0157-461E-AAB8-5437588440B9 (resized).jpegB8CB849E-0157-461E-AAB8-5437588440B9 (resized).jpeg

#4729 5 years ago

Does anyone still feel the pops are needed? True, I've never gone out of my way to try to cash in on some rewards given, so I don't know how lucrative they are, but there game doesn't really ask for it much like GOT.

What say you?

#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does anyone still feel the pops are needed? True, I've never gone out of my way to try to cash in on some rewards given, so I don't know how lucrative they are, but there game doesn't really ask for it much like GOT.
What say you?

I was wondering the same thing are they useless or did the new code help with that issue or not. Do any of the modes use them?

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I was wondering the same thing are they useless or did the new code help with that issue or not. Do any of the modes use them?

Not that I know of.

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What say you?

On those games where the ball is a non-stop blur on the playfield, I appreciate the pops because they give me a moment to get my bearings and catch my breath.

#4733 5 years ago

Gotta have pops - it's pinball.

#4734 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Feels like nothing more than a slot machine behind the LCD to me.

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

On those games where the ball is a non-stop blur on the playfield, I appreciate the pops because they give me a moment to get my bearings and catch my breath.

Ha wow I never even thought of this till you mention it, but does the scoop hold the ball for a few seconds like in some other SR games during MB?

#4736 5 years ago

The pops can be very rewarding sometimes. I quite often get Jedi training, which saves me a lot of time trying to do it through hitting the stand up targets around the playfield. Hit the orbits when they aren’t lit for anything and the gates should send the ball into the pops.

The more I practice shooting for orbits, the more pop rewards I get. They can also light any of your planets to start a mode, bump your multipliers, destroy tie fighters, etc. Start to work it into your strategy and you’ll shortcut yourself to finishing your objectives for Jedi Multiball easier.

#4737 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I quite often get Jedi training...

Jedi training is a good one yeah.

#4738 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What say you?

It's too bad none of the missions use the pops. The spinner is also under utilized in this game I think (I wish it was like GoT spinner, can be multiplied)

Rob

#4739 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's too bad none of the missions use the pops

Never thought about that, but true. It would be a nice one to have, too.

#4740 5 years ago

Anyone buy the Stern shooter yet?

Wondering what it looks like installed.

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone buy the Stern shooter yet?
Wondering what it looks like installed.

Found this pic of one installed....

true-wildlife-african-wild-ass1 (resized).jpgtrue-wildlife-african-wild-ass1 (resized).jpg

#4742 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's too bad none of the missions use the pops. The spinner is also under utilized in this game I think (I wish it was like GoT spinner, can be multiplied)
Rob

Right, spinner is used in only 1 mode or so?

#4743 5 years ago

Finally finally experienced what its like to blow up the Death Star after all these years. I did this Endor thing, then after the death star exploded man this machine went nuts.. victory multiball, tie fighter multiball, I didnt even know what was happening. At least I know now my death star works!

Finally!

Mo

#4744 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally finally experienced what its like to blow up the Death Star after all these years. I did this Endor thing, then after the death star exploded man this machine went nuts.. victory multiball, tie fighter multiball, I didnt even know what was happening. At least I know now my death star works!
Finally!
Mo

How many years?

#4745 5 years ago

anybody want to buy an LE? New out box.
new england area?

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

How many years?

Ever since it came out!

#4747 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ever since it came out!

One year felt like 10. Lol

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One year felt like 10. Lol

Haha!

#4749 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I find it hard to believe that anyone who really took the time to learn the game would say that. This isn't really the type of game that you play a couple times and "get", it really is designed almost entirely to be a home machine. There is so much depth to the code and an incredible amount of "soft" variety. If all one does it look at the playfield or find themselves frustrated after a few games without really learning it, then yeah they might get the impression that it is "bare". But take the time to learn it and you realize the "bare" playfield is there to allow for incredibly fast, accurate, punishing gameplay that facilitates a "not even remotely bare" set of rules.

#4750 5 years ago

Is destroying the death Star satisfying on the pro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.