IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 301.
#4651 5 years ago

Mirror blades installed nicely in my Premium:

IMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPG

IMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPG

IMG_6032 (resized).JPGIMG_6032 (resized).JPG

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mirror blades installed nicely in my Premium:

Where did you get your blades? I’m hopibg to install the ones from cointaker...

#4653 5 years ago

Finally got around to installing the new update - what really stood out to me was the post game light show. It's awesome!!

My kids love update days; they get to have their name up on the boards again until I get around to decimating them

#4654 5 years ago

Haven’t been following the thread close enough, so my apologies if repeated. Just installed new code, first game in the groove rockin and rollin, blowing up Escape from Hoth and Hyperspace Multiball, crossing 3bil, and bam, flippers died, system locked, reset. Wtf haha

#4655 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Wish mine looked like that. The one I got was terrible.

Mine was not like this at reception.
I use the cleaner « white spirit »

C1790591-2854-48BD-A0B5-FC9373E74E50 (resized).jpegC1790591-2854-48BD-A0B5-FC9373E74E50 (resized).jpeg

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Pinballsidemirrors.com, however it was before they got bought out by Cointaker.

#4657 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I also got mine from Cointaker.
I know not everybody likes mirrorblades, but I love how they look on my premium, in my opinion.
They are a tight fit in this machine, but with the pf up, you can nudge the pf to the left and right a couple centimeters, and make it work no problem.

#4658 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haven’t been following the thread close enough, so my apologies if repeated. Just installed new code, first game in the groove rockin and rollin, blowing up Escape from Hoth and Hyperspace Multiball, crossing 3bil, and bam, flippers died, system locked, reset. Wtf haha

Are you going to be doing any streaming of Star Wars?

#4659 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Did you do the Stern capacitor upgrade recall? Mine did the same prior not sure if your issue is the same. Maybe you just play to awesome Or the game was afraid of a bad SDTM review!

#4660 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey Zack. Check all of your ethernet cables in the machine. Make sure they're all snug in their ports.
Nick

#4661 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey Zach, mine has doe it once, issues is known to Stern as a TSB exists:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-advisory-shaker-motors/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#4662 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I know not everybody likes mirrorblades, but I love how they look on my premium, in my opinion.
They are a tight fit in this machine, but with the pf up, you can nudge the pf to the left and right a couple centimeters, and make it work no problem.

On your game, maybe. Definitely not on mine. I wanted these to fit so bad because I love the look, but no dice.

#4663 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Centimeters??? Millimeter or two, yes, but *definitely* not centimeters......

#4664 5 years ago

So I have had my premium for about 6 months now. Been vacuuming and wiping it out with a micro-fiber cloth about once a month. Decided it was time to hit it with Novus 1 for the first time today. Also adjusted the DS ramp a little as it takes so much abuse from the nature of the right loop.

Holy cow. Apparently I didn't notice how slow the game became or maybe it has never been this fast before. That ball is screaming all over the place and the spin on the ball is making a much larger difference in play. Time to adjust my gameplay and maybe use Novus 1 a little more often than once every six months.

I can hit the DS ramp a lot easier now as well as hitting the orbits. So I have that going for me...

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Decided it was time to hit it with Novus 1 for the first time today. Also adjusted the DS ramp a little as it takes so much abuse from the nature of the right loop.
Holy cow. Apparently I didn't notice how slow the game became or maybe it has never been this fast before. That ball is screaming all over the place and the spin on the ball is making a much larger difference in play. Time to adjust my gameplay and maybe use Novus 1 a little more often than once every six months.
I can hit the DS ramp a lot easier now as well as hitting the orbits. So I have that going for me...

I did this on my Tron recently. Thought I was a god on that machine, trapping balls, guessing all the right bounces and spins...applied Novus on it on a lazy sunday and quickly realized...im shit! The speed is insane!

#4666 5 years ago

Ha! I canuba waxed my PF last week! Holly Cow! It’s fast!

#4667 5 years ago

I have definitely found that a clean, waxed playfield make SW play much better. Uber fast, but easier to hit the hard shots, especially the Death Star. I like a clean playfield, but SW really plays better if you do it regularly.

#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes. Blades won't fit on my SW or AC/DC

I have mirror blades on both Star Wars Pro and AC/DC Pro. Are your machines premiums?

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I have mirror blades on both Star Wars Pro and AC/DC Pro. Are your machines premiums?

ACDC premium and GBLE. Neither have the room. I was all excited to get blades for SW and after being pissed they don't fit I figured "well, at least I can put them in ACDC." Just as tight believe me, if they could fit, I would install them.

#4670 5 years ago

oh bummer. i just came in to see if anyone did the mirrors. damn i just ordered mine on ebay. i thought i saw pics of peeps that did mirrors way back?
i do not like the stern. looks like im going with these ST if they fit spike? there are some other space scene options too.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/star-trek-pro

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Are you going to be doing any streaming of Star Wars?

Would love to find some time to play SWPrem on stream.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you do the Stern capacitor upgrade recall? Mine did the same prior not sure if your issue is the same. Maybe you just play to awesome Or the game was afraid of a bad SDTM review!

Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey Zack. Check all of your ethernet cables in the machine. Make sure they're all snug in their ports.
Nick

Exactly what I was looking for. Appreciate the tips fellas!

#4672 5 years ago

Mirrors fit fine in my SW Premium. I bought Cointakers. There just seems to be some variation on cabinet width causing issues for some people. I highly doubt there's any correlation between Premium, LE, and Pro models.

#4673 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Centimeters??? Millimeter or two, yes, but *definitely* not centimeters......

yeah, haha, youre right.. cm was a bit too generous of a measurement to state... For sure a tight fit. I remember having to really push that pf something serious to the right and left to get those badboys in.

#4674 5 years ago

What is the cheapest way to add some red LED under cabinet lights? Can I use red LED tape and wire it to a 12V DC adapter in the cabinet somewhere?

#4675 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes. Blades won't fit on my SW or AC/DC

wow thats interesting...I have both games and there is plenty of room to install the mirrored blades

#4676 5 years ago

I installed them on my premium with no issues. I had mirror blades on them also with a little bit of room just had to move the playfield to the middle and raise and lower very slowly so it wouldn’t rub

B89D776D-4D3E-46BB-8792-BFAAD0D672E8 (resized).jpegB89D776D-4D3E-46BB-8792-BFAAD0D672E8 (resized).jpeg

8D73DE70-9887-4581-9299-086AAA23D08E (resized).jpeg8D73DE70-9887-4581-9299-086AAA23D08E (resized).jpeg

#4677 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Mirrors fit fine in my SW Premium. I bought Cointakers. There just seems to be some variation on cabinet width causing issues for some people. I highly doubt there's any correlation between Premium, LE, and Pro models.

I installed a set on my SW Pro and had room to spare. My Iron Maiden Pro was a different story... they just barely fit but fit they did.

#4678 5 years ago

Was playing my SW the other night on the latest code and managed to get to Jedi Multiball and go onto select my second character. After raging on the game a little bit more I looked down and noticed that I had 3 characters lit - two solid and one blinking, but I had not gotten to Jedi Multiball again. Couple questions came to mind:

- Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature? I thought you had to go through Jedi Multiball each time to move onto another character... If not, seems like it will be a lot easier to light all four characters.

- Is there a super wizard mode yet (or will their be) for lighting/advancing through all four characters?

Side note, FWIW, I used to be a stacking guy and had changed the settings to allow mode stacking with the planet multiballs. On recent code I've left it default and found the game to be more fun (and more challenging) where you can mode stack but not do planet MB's with modes. From someone that was poo-pooing it before to someone who loves it now, if you're in the stacking camp you may want to give the default a chance on the latest code.

#4679 5 years ago

Were you possibly in Lightsaber duel?

#4680 5 years ago

You know, I don't remember, but there's a good chance I was. That would explain the inserts, wouldn't it...

#4681 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Was playing my SW the other night on the latest code and managed to get to Jedi Multiball and go onto select my second character. After raging on the game a little bit more I looked down and noticed that I had 3 characters lit - two solid and one blinking, but I had not gotten to Jedi Multiball again. Couple questions came to mind:
- Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature? I thought you had to go through Jedi Multiball each time to move onto another character... If not, seems like it will be a lot easier to light all four characters.
- Is there a super wizard mode yet (or will their be) for lighting/advancing through all four characters?
Side note, FWIW, I used to be a stacking guy and had changed the settings to allow mode stacking with the planet multiballs. On recent code I've left it default and found the game to be more fun (and more challenging) where you can mode stack but not do planet MB's with modes. From someone that was poo-pooing it before to someone who loves it now, if you're in the stacking camp you may want to give the default a chance on the latest code.

Yeah I’m always stacking now. I never hated it, I just think Stern did themselves a disservice showing stacking immediately on their first Jack Danger stream. Made the presentation more confusing, and less cohesive. Once you understand the modes individually, and have gotten past the initial wow factor of the presentation, you get it, and use that as a strategy to move through the game. Love this game, man. I honestly don’t see myself getting rid of it. Hoping they do add a super wizard mode at some point.

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Hoping they do add a super wizard mode at some point.

Not happening, but it is done and fantastic. How many times do you get to Jedi Multiball??

#4683 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not happening, but it is done and fantastic. How many times do you get to Jedi Multiball??

True...was one mode from getting there yesterday

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I made it to Jedi Multiball twice in one game on older code and I get there now on approx. one out of 5 or 6 games. Personally I'd love it if there was some super far out there super wizard mode that maybe, just maybe, one day I might get to. Knowing it's not there makes playing the game after the first Jedi Multiball not quite as exciting, especially since you're not quite starting over, but actually advancing onto a new character. Just seems to make sense that if you advance to a new character there should be some kind of reward for advancing through all four of them.

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

... and I get there now on approx. one out of 5 or 6 games....

Sure well I don't think Stern wastes their time on the 1%ers

#4686 5 years ago

Super wizard mode would be cool, but... I'd never see it. I'd rather they spend any remaining time they invest in adding additional cut scenes to randomly mix in with Yoda, add Midnight Madness back in, or some other little bits and pieces of video, sound, or code tweaking that normal human beings can enjoy. I'm not sure if the game will get any more love from Stern but it was a major title and license so there is always hope it could see something more down the road.

#4687 5 years ago

We also have these PowerBladez

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-star-wars-pinball-powerbladez

These won best of show in Texas PinBall Festival.. make sure you have at least an eight of an inch clearance though.

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure well I don't think Stern wastes their time on the 1%ers

Except they have before. TSPP.

#4690 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Super wizard mode would be cool, but... I'd never see it. I'd rather they spend any remaining time they invest in adding additional cut scenes to randomly mix in with Yoda, add Midnight Madness back in, or some other little bits and pieces of video, sound, or code tweaking that normal human beings can enjoy. I'm not sure if the game will get any more love from Stern but it was a major title and license so there is always hope it could see something more down the road.

SW has been 'done' for the past 6+ months. They are not adding more content at this point.

Rob

#4691 5 years ago

If Dwight will give us one more patch in the future I would like to have a small and minor thing added that bugs me. I would like to see the Tie fighter kills counter when I select the next mission. I want to know how far away the next tiefighter mb is.

#4692 5 years ago

New patch is good, but I've pretty much retired it and listed my pro on the market. Had to put a deposit down on IMDN Premium after playing the Pro. Still had a blast with SW for the past 11 months.

#4693 5 years ago

I had to turn off my shaker in Star Wars. I’ve tried 3 different ones (all Stern OEM) and they all shake too much for my liking. It’s the only game I’ve ever had to do this in. Anyone else have a shaker in SW and think it’s too much?

#4694 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

If Dwight will give us one more patch in the future I would like to have a small and minor thing added that bugs me. I would like to see the Tie fighter kills counter when I select the next mission. I want to know how far away the next tiefighter mb is.

I'd really like to see it on the mini screen during the tie fighter assault. Sometimes I want to bash the button to like 32 fighters and then stop while I go start a mode

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I had to turn off my shaker in Star Wars. I’ve tried 3 different ones (all Stern OEM) and they all shake too much for my liking. It’s the only game I’ve ever had to do this in. Anyone else have a shaker in SW and think it’s too much?

Did you try to turn it down in the settings? I have the PBL and for me it seems like it's barely used and doesn't add much... Normal settings

#4696 5 years ago

You might want to add the little PWM controller board so you can fine tune the shaker motor. Cheap, easy to install in 5 minutes and 100% control of the shaker power.

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN%C2%AE-Motor-Control-Switch-Controller/dp/B00UURDBQ8

Quoted from jints56:

#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Their is a rod that runs across the top of most of the shakers try tighting that.

All of my shakers needed that rod tightened or the shaker rattled to hell and back.

#4698 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you try to turn it down in the settings? I have the PBL and for me it seems like it's barely used and doesn't add much... Normal settings

I did try and nothing changed. Maybe I'll try a Pinball Life shaker next.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Their is a rod that runs across the top of most of the shakers try tighting that.
All of my shakers needed that rod tightened or the shaker rattled to hell and back.

1 of the 3 has the rod and I tried tightening. Still the same though. I've done it on others with the rod before and it has helped in those cases.

#4700 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My thoughts as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/94?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.