SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 302.
#4601 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not code by committee but last I checked this is called a discussion forum and that is what we are all doing, discussing code.
Nothing worth getting bent out of shape about.

All good! My discussion for the discussion fourm is that this is nit-picky!

#4602 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm making no more big a deal anymore than you are. You guys say what you think, I say what I think;

Not all opinions are equal. I'm trying to give constructive criticism to improve the game, you're going "you whiners should shut up and play better". Only one is useful

#4603 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not all opinions are equal. I'm trying to give constructive criticism to improve the game, you're going "you whiners should shut up and play better". Only one is useful

Doesn't matter much, this is 1.0.3 so don't know how many more chances there will be for code changes.

#4604 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All good! My discussion for the discussion fourm is that this is nit-picky!

Yeah I hear you. I think there is a lot of mis info on how some of this stuff is coded and creates off expectations.

#4605 5 years ago

Oh, boy.......

#4606 5 years ago

The spinner code on SW isn't as bad as some recent games. At least you can build it's value and it makes a different sound when highly valuable to let you know to move the multiplier and start ripping it!

#4607 5 years ago

After the topper comes and it will I don’t know how much more you could expect from a pinball machine
It’s beautiful,it’s Star Wars,tons of shit to do and they took R2 out of the playfield and put him on top
Sure it would be sweet to have more clips especially at the end of a ball but I’ve seen it suggested the whole playfield should have been a big LCD screen
I mean cmon,really?
There is so much to pull from the three movies they could have made 2 machines
I would like more Chewbacca but hell I would be down with a Han/Chewbacca game in its own
It’s a lot of money but feel it’s pretty epic and don’t regret getting the premium,not interested in Iron Maiden though I am a fan or don’t think any other new release would change my mind
Someone offered me MMR for it and I thought on it and declined
Topper will be great it’s a solid game and they are not even done with it

#4608 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

After the topper comes and it will I don’t know how much more you could expect from a pinball machine
It’s beautiful,it’s Star Wars,tons of shit to do and they took R2 out of the playfield and put him on top
Sure it would be sweet to have more clips especially at the end of a ball but I’ve seen it suggested the whole playfield should have been a big LCD screen
I mean cmon,really?
There is so much to pull from the three movies they could have made 2 machines
I would like more Chewbacca but hell I would be down with a Han/Chewbacca game in its own
It’s a lot of money but feel it’s pretty epic and don’t regret getting the premium,not interested in Iron Maiden though I am a fan or don’t think any other new release would change my mind
Someone offered me MMR for it and I thought on it and declined
Topper will be great it’s a solid game and they are not even done with it

I actually agree with this sentiment. I felt massively let down when the title released, but stuck with the LE. Initially I was frustrated with the game, specifically playfield artwork and some questionable design (read horse shoe and outlane drains, bending forks etc) It has grown on me to the point I wont be swapping it out in a hurry.

#4609 5 years ago

My bash button started squeaking. Are there any upgraded versions of it, which don't end up like that after a few hundred tie fighters shot?

#4610 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

My bash button started squeaking. Are there any upgraded versions of it, which don't end up like that after a few hundred tie fighters shot?

Get some spray silicone and spray a little on the cloth. Wipe it on the edge of the button. Not sure if they make a “squeak less” button.

#4611 5 years ago

Are people frequently experiencing the "dead flipper on mission select" bug with the new code update? As an operator, I am hesitant to update to 1.0.3 if this is a frequent problem, since I know the bug was pretty much fixed in the last revision.

#4612 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Are people frequently experiencing the "dead flipper on mission select" bug with the new code update? As an operator, I am hesitant to update to 1.0.3 if this is a frequent problem, since I know the bug was pretty much fixed in the last revision.

I am getting it once out of ever 5-6 games. If I don't hit the flippers to skip the videos it doesn't happen.

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Haven't had it once yet and I always skip the videos

#4614 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I reported it to Chaz - he will forward it to the software guys.

Thanks also for the silicone spray tip. I'll maybe try this as a temporary fix. An upgraded button from alloy might be a good mod to make.

#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I reported it to Chaz - he will forward it to the software guys.
Thanks also for the silicone spray tip. I'll maybe try this as a temporary fix. An upgraded button from alloy might be a good mod to make.

Yeah, but ya need to see the light thru it.

#4616 5 years ago

I selected 2 missions, hit the button to fast forward through the tutorial, and the flippers died. V1.03. The ball came back to play though.

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I selected 2 missions, hit the button to fast forward through the tutorial, and the flippers died. V1.03. The ball came back to play though.

Wait, button skips videos? Never knew that! I'd been using the flippers to do it (without issue)

#4618 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Just like a flipper button, you can take it apart and clean it. Dust and grime will make them squeak

#4619 5 years ago

And in other news, I started to realize that I hadn't made it to the Hyperloop in quite a few plays on my Premium. Additionally, my right outlane escape re-direct hadn't been activated in a while either. I mean, the game would still kick out a ball for me if Escape was lit, so that was good.

It's almost as if my Premium was running on Pro code...

Pays attention to the bootup screen and.......DAMMIT!

So yeah, for about 2 months, I have been running my Star Wars Premium on Star Wars Pro 1.01 code.

I don't think I could face palm hard enough and I have no one to blame but myself. 1.03 PREMIUM will be updated tonight. Can't wait to fire up the Hyperloop!

#4620 5 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Pays attention to the bootup screen and.......DAMMIT!

Wow...didn;t even know you could do that!

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow...didn;t even know you could do that!

Yeah - that is news to me as well, pretty funny though!

#4622 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, button skips videos? Never knew that! I'd been using the flippers to do it (without issue)

I meant the flipper buttons. I haven’t tried the center button to skip through the mode video.

#4623 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I meant the flipper buttons. I haven’t tried the center button to skip through the mode video.

I don't think you can skip the video mode. In the new revision you can go into the menus and shorten it from 20 seconds to 15. That change makes it a little more bearable.

#4624 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't think you can skip the video mode. In the new revision you can go into the menus and shorten it from 20 seconds to 15. That change makes it a little more bearable.

I think they are talking aboot mode video not video mode
The video that plays explaining the modes objectives.

#4625 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they are talking aboot mode video not video mode
The video that plays explaining the modes objectives.

Yes.

I’ve injected enough confusion for today. I’ll see myself out.

#4626 5 years ago

Ok I will admit straight up that I have NO patience...
Having said that, ...
This is absolutely F-ing ridiculous! Where is the god damn topper???

#4627 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Ok I will admit straight up that I have NO patience...
Having said that, ...
This is absolutely F-ing ridiculous! Where is the god damn topper???

Let the hate flow through you.

#4628 5 years ago

This has been recent issue for me on my Pro... and maybe it was drifting over time and I didnt notice until now, but a strong left orbit shot that travels all the way around almost always ends up going straight down the middle on me, when previously I recall it would always go to the right flipper. Checked the leveling and pitch, all good, and sitting at 6.5 at the bottom and top of the playfield. Thinking my next course of action would be to loosen the last two nuts/bolts on the end of the guide coming out of the right side of the orbit and pushing it out a bit to the right like a half millimeter and retightening to see if that changes it. Anybody have a similar issue and resolve it with a change like this? Anything else I should look at before i start adjusting guides?

Right orbit (resized).pngRight orbit (resized).png

#4629 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Anybody have a similar issue and resolve it with a change like this? Anything else I should look at before i start adjusting guides?

Are you using a playfield protector?

I have the exact same problem, BUT it doesn't occur right after I freshly waxed my playfield protector. After a while the issue is back though.

I think the increased friction of the protector causes sideways spin on the ball, which the alters its trajectory accordingly - towards the center. A freshly waxed protector has less of the problem because it's more slippery.

That said - problem confirmed, but no solution, except for waxing frequently.

Unfortunately in a freshly waxed state my mystery hole is unstoppably stdm...

#4630 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

This has been recent issue for me on my Pro... and maybe it was drifting over time and I didnt notice until now, but a strong left orbit shot that travels all the way around almost always ends up going straight down the middle on me, when previously I recall it would always go to the right flipper. Checked the leveling and pitch, all good, and sitting at 6.5 at the bottom and top of the playfield. Thinking my next course of action would be to loosen the last two nuts/bolts on the end of the guide coming out of the right side of the orbit and pushing it out a bit to the right like a half millimeter and retightening to see if that changes it. Anybody have a similar issue and resolve it with a change like this? Anything else I should look at before i start adjusting guides?

Even without loosening the nuts, taking some pliers or something and giving it a slight bend is enough to really change the trajectory

#4632 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

my mystery hole is unstoppably stdm...

Have you tried adjusting the power level of that coil? That fixed mine without having to do anything else.

#4633 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Have you tried adjusting the power level of that coil? That fixed mine without having to do anything else.

+1

#4634 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Even without loosening the nuts, taking some pliers or something and giving it a slight bend is enough to really change the trajectory

This is probably what I'll end up doing.

#4635 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

NO...the button will turn the multipliers on and off.

#4636 5 years ago

Need......topper......now

#4638 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I did this fix and put the power to 24. Hits the flipper every time. Never close to SDTM either.

I had done this as well on earlier code.
But since code 1.00 Stern team placed a ball save option from the scoop in the menu that you can turn on that recognizes if the scoop shot sdtm, and puts a new ball into play.

Before that code came out, sdtm from the scoop was annoying for sure, and for me, I didn't feel comfortable adjusting the actual mechanism within the pf...but to be honest, I tired of the scoop return being slow, and i missed the ball coming out of the scoop fast, which is certainly more exciting.
Since they added that feature to the code, I went back up to 40. Sure, maybe 1/6-1/8 will go sdtm, but I get the ball right back...but the other times when it doesn't, it's fast and fun just like this game!!
Man, I love this game.

#4639 5 years ago

So I went and got some rubber mounts for the node board directly under the flippers- The idea is to limit any damage to any components or solder joints over several years of use. I just screwed them in to the holes left by the existing screws and and used m3 screws to mount the board.

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Vibration-Mounting-Hardware-Standoffs-Controller/dp/B071WBZC9K

#4640 5 years ago

Oh yeah

D2728260-3E6F-42B3-96FB-A2B2E75A88B3 (resized).jpegD2728260-3E6F-42B3-96FB-A2B2E75A88B3 (resized).jpeg

EE58A660-086E-4484-BB91-1AA12678BE7A (resized).jpegEE58A660-086E-4484-BB91-1AA12678BE7A (resized).jpeg

1B4CB7B5-C653-4724-A695-6826947D34B7 (resized).jpeg1B4CB7B5-C653-4724-A695-6826947D34B7 (resized).jpeg

#4641 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Man, I love this game.

So do I. The longer I have it the better it gets.

#4642 5 years ago

Wish mine looked like that. The one I got was terrible.

#4643 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mine was all janky too. I haven't done anything with it but I think I can polish it up and get all the crap off it.

#4644 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mine too...never did put it on. I can probably buff it but don’t have the time. Kept the plastic one for now that I had purchased before I got my hands on one.

#4645 5 years ago

Beautiful, even when switched off - with a custom magnetic dust cover

IMG_20180519_121343 (resized).jpgIMG_20180519_121343 (resized).jpg

BTW Still accepting orders for the laser engraved polished metal instruction card until the last two pre-registrations send the deposit (expected this weekend)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63778

#4646 5 years ago

I went to help my dad with installing Chrome Candy blades (which look awesome btw) on his Star Wars Premium and found there is no room at all between the playfield and the sides of the cabinet. Definitely no room for blades. I'm not sure if art blades would even fit. The playfield scrapes the sides when you lift the playfield. I'm going to hold onto the blades for my SW premium I'll be getting in 3 weeks, hoping there's more room in my cabinet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#4647 5 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I went to help my dad with installing Chrome Candy blades (which look awesome btw) on his Star Wars Premium and found there is no room at all between the playfield and the sides of the cabinet. Definitely no room for blades. I'm not sure if art blades would even fit. The playfield scrapes the sides when you lift the playfield. I'm going to hold onto the blades for my SW premium I'll be getting in 3 weeks, hoping there's more room in my cabinet.

Sadly it is a nice product but simply to thick for the purpose used. Art blades do fit fine though you need to use caution when lifting. I helped a friend try to install the CC blades unfortunately no luck for us. Decals were option 2.

#4648 5 years ago

There are others that have commented about this. I know that my Premium has no room. I guess the only thing I could do is to paint the insides of the cabinet or use decals.

#4649 5 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Yes. Blades won't fit on my SW or AC/DC

#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sadly it is a nice product but simply to thick for the purpose used. Art blades do fit fine though you need to use caution when lifting. I helped a friend try to install the CC blades unfortunately no luck for us. Decals were option 2.

Hmmm, just too bad. They really do look nice. I also have a set of mirror blades that are quite a bit thinner that I will try when mine shows up next month. I swear I saw a picture of them installed on a premium.... I wonder if the cabs differ slightly in manufacturing. Or, maybe there's more room on the LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/93?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.