• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,263 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C31275E2-87CF-4915-A8F8-A73A3A47818A (resized).jpeg
CD47544B-4ACC-43E3-B1F9-CA630F5D2F80 (resized).jpeg
SPIKE 2 Power (resized).jpg
1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
SW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8406 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 169.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Gonna try to get another 7+ bil game! http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

did you get your node board replaced already?

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

did you get your node board replaced already?

Not yet, but it's on its way.

#403 2 years ago

I'm in for an LE. Anyone have word on when LE shipments should begin?

#404 2 years ago

We joined the SW Club!

IMG_20170712_172604257 (resized).jpg

#405 2 years ago

Is the final wizard mode in yet and has anybody seen it if so?

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is the final wizard mode in yet and has anybody seen it if so?

I don't believe it is.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

We joined the SW Club!

Way to go jaeg !

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

We joined the SW Club!

Looks nice. I'm starting to like the pro art the more i see it.

#409 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to start Escape from Boba Fett other than just picking Han and choosing it as a skill shot?

Also, in the Dead Flip video, it seemed that the end of "story" mission (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) provided a three ball multiball. I'm only noticing two ball multiball. Is this the same for everyone or am I experiencing a bug?

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Has anyone figured out how to start Escape from Boba Fett other than just picking Han and choosing it as a skill shot?
Also, in the Dead Flip video, it seemed that the end of "story" mission (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) provided a three ball multiball. I'm only noticing two ball multiball. Is this the same for everyone or am I experiencing a bug?

Combos light a shot white. Shoot white shots to start boba fett.

Stack two end of story missions together for three ball.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Combos light a shot white. Shoot white shots to start boba fett.
Stack two end of story missions together for three ball.

Thanks chuck -- one more question -- what causes the multiplier to double again? I am just wingin' it over here. Haha!

And I will say i saw in a certain few situations in the DF video that Destroy the Death Star had a 3 ball MB when it was the only mode being played, so that's odd. (EDIT: I've confirmed that the number of balls you actually start with in the 4th mission in a group depends on how many modes you had to complete to get there. So there's another bit of strategy to picking your Hero.)

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks chuck -- one more question -- what causes the multiplier to double again?

Drop target sets. I think hitting down the targets 3-4 times does it. It's also random award elsewhere in the game. I have found it just happens from other stuff fairly often that I haven't dug into how to get it purposefully.

That's weird on the Death Star final mode. I'll pay more attention next time I play.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop target sets. I think hitting down the targets 3-4 times does it. It's also random award elsewhere in the game. I have found it just happens from other stuff fairly often that I haven't dug into how to get it purposefully.
That's weird on the Death Star final mode. I'll pay more attention next time I play.

I edited my former post to talk about this: I've confirmed that the number of balls you actually start with in the 4th mission in a group depends on how many modes you had to complete to get there. So there's another bit of strategy to picking your Hero.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I edited my former post to talk about this: I've confirmed that the number of balls you actually start with in the 4th mission in a group depends on how many modes you had to complete to get there. So there's another bit of strategy to picking your Hero.

Whoa. Awesome! Man Dwight has some cool stuff in this code already.

#415 2 years ago

offical member!

20170713_103740 (resized).jpg

#416 2 years ago

Anyone started a wiki on the rules for this game yet? I found that extremely helpful for GOT.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone started a wiki on the rules for this game yet? I found that extremely helpful for GOT.

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-rulesheet-0-83/2812/16

#418 2 years ago

Has anyone found Porkins yet? He must be in there somewhere! Or I just haven't noticed.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I'm in for an LE. Anyone have word on when LE shipments should begin?

Not anytime soon due to big problems with the deathstar.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

This isn't true. LEs on the line tomorrow.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Quoted from lapean111:

I hope the second guy's right. First guy, what's your source?

#422 2 years ago

Got a few plays in today so far. Games pretty fast and smooth shot wise. Passing flipper to flipper is way easier then other Spike systems ive played, seems the slings are better positioned for it. The multiplier being able to be unlocked during gameplay with action button then moved with flippers to where you want then re-locked with action button is great and makes the action button feel like it has more of a purpose. Tie fighter mode is also fun with the risk of hitting button while balls in play. Played most of the modes and they all felt different and more advanced then Dwights recent modes on GB and GOT. Hit 1 Billion as my GC so far but i still dont know what im doing.

Few questions, how do you activate Boba Fett, Lightsaber Duel, Victory mball, and Jedi mball? Also what are the other 2 mballs besides the 4 mode mballs, tie fighter, victory, and jedi?

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got a few plays in today so far. Games pretty fast and smooth shot wise. Passing flipper to flipper is way easier then other Spike systems ive played, seems the slings are better positioned for it. The multiplier being able to be unlocked during gameplay with action button then moved with flippers to where you want then re-locked with action button is great and makes the action button feel like it has more of a purpose. Tie fighter mode is also fun with the risk of hitting button while balls in play. Played most of the modes and they all felt different and more advanced then Dwights recent modes on GB and GOT. Hit 1 Billion as my GC so far but i still dont know what im doing.
Few questions, how do you activate Boba Fett, Lightsaber Duel, Victory mball, and Jedi mball? Also what are the other 2 mballs besides the 4 mode mballs, tie fighter, victory, and jedi?

As far as I can tell Boba Fett is started by comboing white shots -- kind of like a weird Winter is Coming(but I don't know the specifics, nor how exactly I've gotten it) -- Lightsaber Duel and Jedi MB aren't in game yet, I don't believe. There's Hyperspace Multiball as well.. I also think Lightsaber Duel is a MB, for a total of 9.

Also, I kind of wish Tie Fighter attack was a Frenzy and not just slamming the action button.

#424 2 years ago

Heard from my distributor LEs should ship in 1-2 weeks, time will tell.

#425 2 years ago

Congrats to the new owners!

Question - where does SW fall in on ball times and toughness? I don't mean like LOTR is tough to get to Valinor on! Well LOTR plays long and is not tough. SW looks a lot tougher to play than SM and ST for sure. Is it say, Acdc tough? Does it feel nicer because it is SW and has a cool LCD? Like AS to me is not easy but it is light and fun with Jacky and LCD animations so I just play again.

I am in on an LE, but am leaning away ass kicking pins unless they are super fun like AS and have a great theme and cool LCD. Does it piss you off? One more game fun?

Love to hear comments.

#426 2 years ago

In order of shortest ball times to longest:

AC/DC SW SM ST LOTR

AC/DC and SW might be really close. There are some goofy bounces and the game can drain you off made shots like AC/DC too.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In order of shortest ball times to longest:
AC/DC SW SM ST LOTR
AC/DC and SW might be really close. There are some goofy bounces and the game can drain you off made shots like AC/DC too.

Yeah that is what I thought. Do you feel the one more game factor going? I mean not because you are pissed like IM or TWD and Acdc one more game, but is SW a "hey I had a short game! No problem hit start again! Fun!" game? Or are you on edge when you play?
Thanks!

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah that is what I thought. Do you feel the one more game factor going? I mean not because you are pissed like IM or TWD and Acdc one more game, but is SW a "hey I had a short game! No problem hit start again! Fun!" game? Or are you on edge when you play?
Thanks!

Until you understand the multiplier rules and are aware of what's at stake, it's just good old fashion fun for me. I was literally pressing start immediately after game over all night.

Then once you understand the multipliers, that frantic rush of setting up the shot and collecting is just like AC/DC but you're making the shot with a flipper instead of a cannon, and that massive collect could be anywhere on the playfield.

#429 2 years ago

If you're on the fence about star wars -- i'm about to stream it -- i can answer any questions you might have about the game or show you anything you might want to know -- just speak up and i got you.

http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

#430 2 years ago

back at it! Beer and Pin time!

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Which Cliffy works for this game (is Spike different from SAM for this)?

Cliffy makes a Spike-specific shooter lane ball eject protector, which you can order directly from him:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

HankScorpio is also making shooter lane ball eject protectors out of clear makrolon polycarbonate, and is planning to make them for Spike system machines soon. I'm planning to give his a try (nice that you can still see the wood through the protector):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

#432 2 years ago

I finally got to play SW pro three times yesterday. I will not be canceling my LE. I know I am going to love this game over the long haul . It's got the blend of speed and flow I love (I'm a huge Steve Ritchie fan ... there's bias there ... but this pin is a *perfect* mix of speed, flow, and difficulty). Moreover, it's not like any other pin I own. It actually compliments Star Trek quite well.

I think people that are disappointed with the overall aesthetics of the game have completely valid arguments. While I don't think it's as cheap as the Spiderman "The Pin" (that criticism was quite harsh ), it certainly feels like something is missing from the playfield. I think the wire ramps on the Premium/LE are going to help that feeling somewhat.

Still, there's something still missing ... three "specifics" of the old trilogy that didn't seem to be captured well were Bespin, Jabba, and Dagobah. Jabba can certainly be covered by Tatooine and I'm sure there's going to be more Yoda than what we've seen on the LCD, but I think it would have been cool to have Bespin be represented by the pop bumpers and have each bumper hit represent some gas mined (or something like that). Doing that, they could have had the back panel split between the Star Destroyer and other space combat stuff on the left and Bespin art on the right (maybe have a Bespin toy mounted over the pop bumpers?).

I know a few of the missions take place on Bespin, but Cloud City would look so cool somewhere on the pin .

I don't think the artwork is anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. When I saw it in real life, I was happy. I know it sounds trite, but the pictures don't do it justice. It doesn't look cheap at all ... just sparse (I'm almost wondering if Stern has a lineup of toys to add to the game ... that will torque me off if that's the case).

Just my $0.02.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Cliffy makes a Spike-specific shooter lane ball eject protector, which you can order directly from him:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm
HankScorpio is also making shooter lane ball eject protectors out of clear makrolon polycarbonate, and is planning to make them for Spike system machines soon. I'm planning to give his a try (nice that you can still see the wood through the protector):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

Thanks, I would rather buy from Cliffy who created these and has worked hard to keep our games looking great as long as I can remember... and is so helpful when I have a problem. The link to the Metallica protector really bothered me as the slot for the ball guide on the eject protector is the same design as the one that has been on my game for years.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Prove it.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I don't think the artwork is anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. When I saw it in real life, I was happy. I know it sounds trite, but the pictures don't do it justice. It doesn't look cheap at all ... just sparse (I'm almost wondering if Stern has a lineup of toys to add to the game ... that will torque me off if that's the case).

I think this might actually be a game where offical mods are sparse due to the licence. Would be a pain to try get product approved from Disney, that wasn't part of the offical agreement. The Millennium falcon that's on the prem/Le is meant to be an after mod from stern, that would probably help the look of the pro some what. There are lots of high quality Star Wars toys that could be added and still remain tasteful. A couple of well placed pieces here and there plus the offical falcon from Stern and the pro could look a lot more "complete". However the number one mod that someone has to do ASAP is a bezel for the mini-LCD. That just really looks like shit with the black casing, put a cover over that looks like a computer in one of the ship cockpits and that would lift the playfield 100% in my opinion.

#436 2 years ago

Just what my distro said, along with other people's distros.

#437 2 years ago

Can you tell us more about the Death Star problems you say will substantially hold up production of LEs? If you know something, why not share it?

#438 2 years ago

So far my favorite single mode is Hans only Hoth mission. The way Dwight uses the playfield LCD screen on this mode is great! I really havent gotten to play it much, my 7yr old wont stop playing it and when he does my 2 yr old wants me to hold him on my knee so he can play. Biggest hit with my kids yet.

So is Han the easiest with only 6 modes, then Leia and R2 with 7 modes and Luke being the hardest with 8 modes?

I wonder if Dwight will make it so after beating one characters modes will make you play another character and leave the character insert white that you beat and so on until all 4 character inserts are complete for a final wizard mode? That would be a tough to achieve wizard.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So far my favorite single mode is Hans only Hoth mission. The way Dwight uses the playfield LCD screen on this mode is great! I really havent gotten to play it much, my 7yr old wont stop playing it and when he does my 2 yr old wants me to hold him on my knee so he can play. Biggest hit with my kids yet.
So is Han the easiest with only 6 modes, then Leia and R2 with 7 modes and Luke being the hardest with 8 modes?
I wonder if Dwight will make it so after beating one characters modes will make you play another character and leave the character insert white that you beat and so on until all 4 character inserts are complete for a final wizard mode? That would be a tough to achieve wizard.

Great idea.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just what my distro said, along with other people's distros.

I aint seeing any LE's or premium and the reson is deathstar problems.

#441 2 years ago

Just got the email from my distributor today requesting final payment.
It said LE's to start shipping from stern in approximately 2 weeks.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I aint seeing any LE's or premium and the reson is deathstar problems.

Someone is trolling....with poor grammer at that.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Someone is trolling....with poor grammer at that.

Ta din grammer och stoppa upp den . Over and out, GL with that death star.

#444 2 years ago

What do you think of the use of the playfield lcd screen? I was a bit worried at first it would just be tie fighters on it but after a few modes using it and the Death Star multiball using it i think its becoming my favorite feature on the game.

#445 2 years ago

For the guys who have their games already, how much Vader and lightsaber references/scenes/sound affects are there in the current code?

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

What do you think of the use of the playfield lcd screen? I was a bit worried at first it would just be tie fighters on it but after a few modes using it and the Death Star multiball using it i think its becoming my favorite feature on the game.

I hoped it was going to be used a lot. I wasn't disappointed. Just wondering how often the target foam will need to be replaced. Those targets get pounded! Haha

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For the guys who have their games already, how much Vader and lightsaber references/scenes/sound affects are there in the current code?

All I can think of right now are the throne room duel and duel on cloud city modes.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

All I can think of right now are the throne room duel and duel on cloud city modes.

On your twitch stream did you get those modes active? Will go and watch now if so. And thanks for the reply good to know there is some Vader and iconic lightsaber battles already in this early code.

Surely doing well in a mode but not getting GC has to lead to "impressive, most impressive but your not a Jedi yet" some custom speech from JEJ would have rocked "impressive most impressive but your not grand champion yet"

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On your twitch stream did you get those modes active? Will go and watch now if so. And thanks for the reply good to know there is some Vader and iconic lightsaber battles already in this early code.
Surely doing well in a mode but not getting GC has to lead to "impressive, most impressive but your not a Jedi yet" some custom speech from JEJ would have rocked "impressive most impressive but your not grand champion yet"

I tell you what, i'll load up the stream right now and show them to you -- just say who you are when you get there and you can see 'em.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I tell you what, i'll load up the stream right now and show them to you -- just say who you are when you get there and you can see 'em.

Awesome!! BIG thumbs up! I will go grab my popcorn

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 8406 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 169.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside