IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 301.
#4301 5 years ago

So, I am getting better at this game. The other night I was one shot away from completing all the Death Star modes which would have allowed me to qualify all the multiball modes (I had already qualified and played Endor, Tatooine, and Hoth MB's), completed light saber duel and video mode. And then I drained. I have always played without stacking multiball modes with other modes. Now, I'm actually contemplating turning that feature on (as the original code intended). This game is just too dang hard to try to get through it all otherwise (for me). Curious how many people have their games set to stack the 4 big multiballs with modes? Also, when I blew up the death star on Endor MB I simultaneously started Hyperspace multiball. By hitting tons of ramps and orbits, I kept the hyperspace ball going for like 2 minutes...it was insane!

#4302 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This game really needs a cantina mode (complete with music).
Edit: unless I’m missing one?

Yes! Needs more cantina band!

#4303 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This game really needs a cantina mode (complete with music).
Edit: unless I’m missing one?

CANTINA would be PERFECT MIDNIGHT MADNESS !!!
Just basically interrupting whatever is going on and go nuts !!!

#4304 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Guys and gals, I want new code and the topper on May 4th as much as ANYONE, but I don't read that instagram post to say that. It is just talking about May 4th coming... I hope I am wrong!

I'd agree, except for the fact that there was supposed to be a code update last month, so we know one is coming soon.

#4305 5 years ago

When the midnight madness mode was active, it was the cantina. Was really cool, not sure why it vanished.

#4306 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

CANTINA would be PERFECT MIDNIGHT MADNESS !!!
Just basically interrupting whatever is going on and go nuts !!!

Isn't that what midnight madness was before they removed it?

#4307 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

..., so we know one is coming soon.

We don't know. We assume. ASS-U-ME.

Quoted from zacaj:

Isn't that what midnight madness was before they removed it?

What a shame... why was it removed? I heard about it having been removed, but wasn't aware of what it had been and why they removed it.

#4308 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

We don't know. We assume. ASS-U-ME.

No need to be a dick...

From the April State of the Union:
"Star Wars – We have yet another code update coming this month."
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-april-2018

#4309 5 years ago

I make an ass of myself occasionally. My assumption that stern would deliver in April is definitely one of those, so I'm fully including myself into that statement.

My apologies if that wasn't clear.

#4310 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

When the midnight madness mode was active, it was the cantina. Was really cool, not sure why it vanished.

Could it perhaps have been buggy? Maybe it will be back, I agree it would be cool to have it.

I hope they fix the video content during the attract mode. I saw two clips the other night that i haven't seen before and they both cut out right before the action was about to start, I was drawn in to watch it for a minute.

#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think you're correct here, sadly.

I don't think Stern would have added "Its coming...#May4th #StarWars" If the code update wasn't going to drop tomorrow. I fully expect it will with a comment like that.

#4312 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

From the April State of the Union:
"Star Wars – We have yet another code update coming this month."
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-april-2018

And here’s the May update:

“Star Wars – We are in the final phase of testing the latest code and while we weren’t able to release it by end of last month as we hoped, we aim to release it very soon.”

#4313 5 years ago

Let them take the time needed to get the software right. It’s not like Star Wars isn’t very complete and very fun as is right now.

#4314 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Makes sense. Maybe the topper, shooter and other accessories will be announced on May the 4th too...

Talking yourself into this just like everyone talked themselves in to last May 4th.

Quoted from Crile1:

Curious how many people have their games set to stack the 4 big multiballs with modes?

I liked stacking them in the old code, but I actually like it better now.

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Maybe they’re planning to make it a “regular” mode like Light Saber. Be a shame if it was only limited to midnight madness.

A Trash Compactor mode would also be cool. So many iconic scenes to draw from.

#4316 5 years ago

They usually aren't that great of modes...usually loud and obnoxious which is fine, but I didn't need to hear "Hordor" 1000 times on GOT

Incest mode would be good. Hitting switches moves them further away from kissing. Don't get enough, lips lock, failed mission

#4317 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They usually aren't that great of modes...usually loud and obnoxious which is fine, but I didn't need to hear "Hordor" 1000 times on GOT
Incest mode would be good. Hitting switches moves them further away from kissing. Don't get enough, lips lock, failed mission

And then after they make out, Leia says “somehow I always knew ...” and Luke’s like “And yet you kissed me on the Tarzan swing? WTF?”

I’m onboard.

#4318 5 years ago

Ha ha. You guys are so weird. Makes it fun.

#4319 5 years ago

I really am hoping the code comes tomorrow.Cant get it out of the back of my mind
Also the topper would be great but mostly the code for this weekend with it being Star Wars day would be so much fun
To me this game as it sits is underrated at 25
The bug fixes would make it better and adding any new stuff to it would be phenomenal and put it where it should and could be

Beautiful game.Greatest movie ever.

8987C550-4A92-4045-B13A-BC059EC7EC42 (resized).jpeg8987C550-4A92-4045-B13A-BC059EC7EC42 (resized).jpeg

#4320 5 years ago

no new stuff..just major bug fixes. No double asteroid modes, no double light saber modes, etc...stuff like that.

#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

To me this game as it sits is underrated at 25

25 is a good rating considering what else is in the top 25.

#4322 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

no new stuff..just major bug fixes. No double asteroid modes, no double light saber modes, etc...stuff like that.

The double modes have to go for sure at least pass out of LSD if you don’t need it

Quoted from cooked71:25 is a good rating considering what else is in the top 25.

Agree just looking at it to me more around 20 you can see with what we have already with this game if they smooth it out and even add a little something it would have so much

#4323 5 years ago

I really like the Video Mode, it's fun and challenging and most of my high scores are in part because of Video Mode. It's a great feeling nailing that Hoth shot with a high multiplier knowing that a bucket load of points awaits, but outside of double stacking Video Mode with a high multiplier, which is rare, it's mostly unrewarding, making the next 25 seconds a training exercise at best.

So to keep the player engaged, playing Video Mode could offer something more.

Some examples of bonuses while entering, navigating and exiting Video Mode:

Entering: Plus 5x Multiplier, 10x if Double Multiplier is activated.

Navigating: For every 100 asteroids passed without hitting one you receive a random Mystery Scoop type bonus.

Exiting: Clearing the asteroid field perfectly has a chance to light Extra Ball.

I think these types of potential rewards or some of them at least while playing Video Mode can really help keep you focused on the action even if you haven't entered the mode with a high multiplier.

#4324 5 years ago

Do you guys get the same mystery award everytime? If i get 2 in a game, the second one is different but the first one is always the same thing.

#4325 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you guys get the same mystery award everytime? If i get 2 in a game, the second one is different but the first one is always the same thing.

Are you always or mostly using the same character? If so, that may be influencing the mystery awards you are getting because of what you get to choose from at the start based on the character.

#4326 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LOL...funny thing is I wasn't sure if incest mode was for SW or GoT...

#4327 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This is all good but still sucks if true that nothing new added.

#4328 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is all good but still sucks if true that nothing new added.

Maybe some new callouts and, or video / audio films clips but I can't see any new modes being added at this point considering how many modes are already in the game.

I think there's a lot more video and audio clips that could be added to the game from the films to add to it's world under glass feeling. Stern likely paid out the nose for all of the licenses so why not fully use them? Add some Nien Nub, Jaba, Yoda, and Salicious Crumb laughs in the game, especially on quicker drains. That would be funny and add a comedy element to the game that the movies pull off so well.

Another selectable character or two (C3PO at least) would also be cool to see added to the game but I doubt that will happen at this point.

#4329 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How about if something old is added back in.... Stern and Disney, please give us back Midnight Madness!

#4330 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Are you always or mostly using the same character? If so, that may be influencing the mystery awards you are getting because of what you get to choose from at the start based on the character.

I am. I will try changing the character today and see what happens.
Thanks

#4331 5 years ago

Trying to decide if I went too overboard with the ships. I think the balance may be off a bit, and we know how important balance is to the force! I may end up moving the Slave 1 either to the right side (B-Wing spot maybe?) or to the back (in place of the Lambda Imperial Shuttle, but higher?). I love the B-Wing there, but it's a really fragile ship and is just begging for an airball where it is. Moving the Falcon to the right side would balance it perfectly I think, but I do not think I can find a good placement that doesn't block any shot view...and I do not want to pull a Groot arms on it! I'm really loving the X-Wing miniatures though...so nice and detailed. I just hope they hold up.

What do you guys think...too much? I do not want to end up like that crazy Twilight Zone with everything imaginable piled in!

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

#4332 5 years ago

Got to play SW last night. Always thought my wife would like DESW better but after a few plays i am convinced otherwise. The shots are super easy on this game and the objectives are easy to understand, both what my wife likes in a pinball machine. Hmmmmmm

#4333 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Trying to decide if I went too overboard with the ships. I think the balance may be off a bit, and we know how important balance is to the force! I may end up moving the Slave 1 either to the right side (B-Wing spot maybe?) or to the back (in place of the Lambda Imperial Shuttle, but higher?). I love the B-Wing there, but it's a really fragile ship and is just begging for an airball where it is. Moving the Falcon to the right side would balance it perfectly I think, but I do not think I can find a good placement that doesn't block any shot view...and I do not want to pull a Groot arms on it! I'm really loving the X-Wing miniatures though...so nice and detailed. I just hope they hold up.
What do you guys think...too much? I do not want to end up like that crazy Twilight Zone with everything imaginable piled in!

It's your machine, right? Do what you want.

#4334 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Trying to decide if I went too overboard with the ships. !

You did.

#4335 5 years ago

LOL...yea you are probably right. I think I need to throttle back a bit to a few strategically placed. They are just so damn good looking that I want them all to work.

*quietly pulls the plush Ewoks, Yoda nightlight, 12" Jabba the Hutt, and build-your-own Walmart lightsaber back off the playfield...*

#4336 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...funny thing is I wasn't sure if incest mode was for SW or GoT...

Ha! "Jeez another incest mode Stern how original."

#4337 5 years ago

Going back and forth between a Pro and Premium for purchase. Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference? Does it change the game flow at all?

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference?

Yes, the pro is literally half as fun without the hyperloop

#4339 5 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Going back and forth between a Pro and Premium for purchase. Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference? Does it change the game flow at all?

I have the premium and would highly recommend it. That said, I haven’t played the pro. The MF, you can add to the pro, the Death Star is really cool when you blow it up (this has gotten a lot of sh!t on pinside...but it’s very satisfying when you do it). The hyperdrive is incredible. This is worth the money IMO. Play both and you decide. But play one that is setup correctly.

#4340 5 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

If you have spare monies why not. But it just shoots the ball around in a circle...no thanks for me.

#4341 5 years ago

I went pro and am very happy with it. To me it isn’t worth the extra cash to go premium.

#4342 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Yes, the pro is literally half as fun without the hyperloop

i will say this again..it is half as fun. you don't get the timed adrenaline rush you get when you try to add all 6 balls to the hyperloop. also, you can stack the hyperloop mb mode on top of other multiballs, so the hyper loop actually acts as a second playfield. most people don't even realize this

#4343 5 years ago

If the hyperloop had been engaged via a diverter off of the main left ramp I would have upgraded from the Pro, flew past the Premium and bought the LE. As is, I honestly don't like playing the premium/LE. The death star shot is easily 2X to 3X harder compared to the pro (a huge part of the fun is making the death star shot, completing the multiballs, getting hyperspace mb, etc.), the flow killer of smacking the back of the fork ramp on the hoth horseshoe shot just kills the game, and the reliability of the fork ramp and how critical it is to the game if it's not working 100% is a major downer as well.

I'm glad everyone that has a Premium/LE loves their games, but for me, it wasn't about the money at all, it was about the clunkfest that the premium and LE feel like as compared to the pro.

It still boggles my mind that they chose to have the diverter on the death star shot, messing with the horseshoe loop and making it so much tougher to actually enjoy the main toy on the playfield...

#4344 5 years ago

i will say this again..it is half as fun.

Saying it again doesn't make it any more true.

#4345 5 years ago

i went with pro. i played premium 2 times and dind't think the hyper loop added that much. plus, on here on pinside i read of issues with the loop. that made me back off. Some games I think the premium is the better deal (G.O.T., Metallica, GB), just not on this one.

#4346 5 years ago

Love the premium features and happy I got an LE. The hyper loop is awesome and is very well made. Overall its a very substainal and large pinball toy when you add up all of its parts. The fork ramp shot is difficult to hit but also very satisfying and cool looking when you do make it. Blowing up the Death Star should be a hard shot as in the movies it's a hell of a hard shot, lol.

Combine the hyper loop with the metal ramps, metal habit rails, exploding Death Star, the outlane divertor, Falcon that lights up, etc and I think the extra $1500-$2k is worth it to go from a pro to a premium.

#4347 5 years ago

I went with the premium for a couple of reasons.

- art package (imho) was the best. Did not want to buy an LE just to end up putting the premium translite in.
- I *love* metal rails
- the hyper loop is pretty darn cool
- this was a grail pin for me and I really wanted the bells and whistles

I have not played a pro but I have heard it plays a little faster. The death star shot I still find is a hard one to make and the ball needs a good amount of speed to make it up the ramp. On some occasions the timing of the diverter on the loop is off and I've had a ball stuck in the hyperloop and I've also had it launch it into the glass (no damage).

I'm certain the pro is awesome too and if you have not played a premium / le you won't know what you are missing. If you have the cake and love star wars, get the premium

#4348 5 years ago

i will say this again..it is half as fun. you don't get the timed adrenaline rush you get when you try to add all 6 balls to the hyperloop. also, you can stack the hyperloop mb mode on top of other multiballs, so the hyper loop actually acts as a second playfield. most people don't even realize this

I did not realize this nice

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok, i tried it with each character and no matter who I am I get this mystery award.

20180504_110508 (resized).jpg20180504_110508 (resized).jpg

#4350 5 years ago

Never had a single issue with my Premium's hyperloop. My kids and I played a pro version at a show after playing a Premium and couldn't understand why they would even make one without the hyperloop. My 11 and 13 year olds can hit the shot, so its not that hard and no harder than the Pro (except it has to hit make the jump if the fork is up). After owning it for a couple of weeks I found I can make the shot with the fork up pretty consistently. The fork is not always up. 2/3 of the time the loop behaves identical to the Pro (don't know why every Pro owner thinks this). When it is up, it is actually kinda nice to have it slow the game down a second and have a predictable drop from the fork when you hit the Hoth shot vs the fling down the middle that sometimes happens. And as silly as it sounds, but cracking the egg (splitting the death star) is incredibly satisfying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/87?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.