SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 302.
#4101 6 years ago

Quick question, where should the ball go after you plunge it and it hits the targets? Is it supposed to go to the drop targets?

#4102 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quick question, where should the ball go after you plunge it and it hits the targets? Is it supposed to go to the drop targets?

Ideally yes....reality is that the auto plunge strength varies so much it you really don't know....

#4103 6 years ago

Just wanting to vent......last night was one of those frustrating SW playing nights, couldn't get a decent game to save my life.....and at least 1 if not 2 balls each game was some sort of drain down the left outlane...and I've got it set-up & fine-tuned as good as it can get. If someone had offered me a halfway decent trade last night I probably would have taken them up on it!!!!!

....but I feel better now since I slept on it!

#4104 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Technically I think the idea is that you can bounce off and hit the strobing drop target for a double skillshot, but it's way too variable. Mine never goes to the left outlane, if anything it'll hit too high (above the drops) and bounce towards the right outlane.

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I already have mirrors on my POTC. I like them fine, but frankly don't need more on other games. Prefer to have each machine standout and be a bit different, so I'm looking to try something else on SW.

I'm one who likes them on all their games. It just adds a new dimension when you look at a bunch with them on IMHO. It really is kinda like a new dimension.

#4106 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine never goes to the left outlane, if anything it'll hit too high (above the drops) and bounce towards the right outlane.

This is what mine does 90% of the time. Very frustrating.

#4107 6 years ago

Just use the manual plunger...thats why it is there.

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just use the manual plunger...thats why it is there.

Love manually plunging my multiballs

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Just wanting to vent......last night was one of those frustrating SW playing nights, couldn't get a decent game to save my life.....and at least 1 if not 2 balls each game was some sort of drain down the left outlane...and I've got it set-up & fine-tuned as good as it can get. If someone had offered me a halfway decent trade last night I probably would have taken them up on it!!!!!
....but I feel better now since I slept on it!

Put the rubber at the lowest position and check the right-left slope. Maybe give it a little right slope to help on the lower speed rebound to the left side and save a few drain that way.
Star Wars is a Magistral production. I can't stop thinking the designers and devellopers must have a bad opinion about early Star Wars and Stern haters when this title hit this forum. All inculte bastards, they know nothing about pinball

#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Put the rubber at the lowest position and check the right-left slope. Maybe give it a little right slope to help on the lower speed rebound to the left side and save a few drain that way.

Check and check, all already done and been done for a while. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of lunar gravitation influences are affecting the way it plays.

While I enjoy challenges in my pinball games, I'm getting way to frustrated too often with this pin, and I've been one of it's biggest proponents and defenders. Yes, it's a challenge, and yes it's unbelievable fun, but damn........

#4111 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This is what mine does 90% of the time. Very frustrating.

Same here. I am begging for an auto-plunger adjustment setting in a future code update.

#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Same here. I am begging for an auto-plunger adjustment setting in a future code update.

I’d settle for autoplunger consistency.....

#4113 6 years ago

Hi All
I have a stern Star Wars LE transit for sale. Came from a game that I customized for a customer
If interested Please send me a Pm
Thanks

Added over 6 years ago: Asking $325.00 or best offer

#4114 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Check and check, all already done and been done for a while. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of lunar gravitation influences are affecting the way it plays.
While I enjoy challenges in my pinball games, I'm getting way to frustrated too often with this pin, and I've been one of it's biggest proponents and defenders. Yes, it's a challenge, and yes it's unbelievable fun, but damn........

Also check if there's a warp in your playfield toward the outlane.
Mine had a moderate warp and the game was harder to play because of that.
Now the playfield got his natural humidity and it is now straight and more easier.
Scored more than 5 billions (yes i'm a better player since i have this game !! )
And my final recommendation, Steve Ritchie recommendation''Play Better''
Learn where not to shoot to avoid direct rebound in the outlanes

#4115 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Also check if there's a warp in your playfield toward the outlane.
Mine had a moderate warp and the game was harder to play because of that.
Now the playfield got his natural humidity and it is now straight and more easier.
Scored more than 5 billions (yes i'm a better player since i have this game !! )
And my final recommendation, Steve Ritchie recommendation''Play Better''
Learn where not to shoot to avoid direct rebound in the outlanes

Oh yeah, already checked for warpage long ago.....and have 5 billion scores as well.

Same M.O., my game has improved as well since I bought it NIB last November, just lately I've been as cold a Hoth winter playing it, while my playing on other pins has stayed consistent.......

#4116 6 years ago

Purchased the PE a little over a month ago. The family has had a great time with it. One issue that we have is that the auto ball launch pushes the ball just a little left and when the ball save gate is open, it hits the back of it and prevents it from entering the playing field. When launching with the plunger, it goes straight as an arrow (compared the two using slo-mo video). We have taken the ball save gate off so that we can continue to play. I sent in an inquiry to Stern, but haven't gotten any feedback.

Does anyone have any idea of an adjustment that can be made to center the trajectory of the ball when it auto launches?

#4117 6 years ago

Check the alignment of the auto launch fork. It sounds like it is not centered.

#4118 6 years ago
Quoted from Dirtnap73:

Does anyone have any idea of an adjustment that can be made to center the trajectory of the ball when it auto launches?

I had the exact same problem. It can be adjusted, but it's tricky and a super delicate one.
1. The gate itself, which has the laser print on it needs to be in a perfect 90 degree angle, so it is perfectly snug against the rod it is mounted on. This is the easier part, because you loosen one screw, check I'd the gate has a nice sharp 90 degree angle and attach it again. That alone want enough for me.

2. The gate is built like a flipper, which opens when activated. The goal is for it to be open enough to catch the ball in the outlane, but NOT all the way to touch the plastic. When open too far, the back part sticks into the shooter lane so much block the plunge.
The adjustment can be made with the assembly under the play field. Loosen the screw holding the rotating rod and gate. Remove it. Since the required adjustment is really small remove the edge on the tip of the screw which tightens against the rod. Although there for a purpose, it needs to go, because once that screw has been tightened too much (like they do at factory) it digs into the rod and creates a dip into which it will settle over and over again, making small adjustments impossible.
With that done tighten the screw with the gate inserted, so the gate will open just enough to catch the ball reliably, but not more. Adjust the rubber screw underneath to make sure the gate has the correct resting position.
It's an aggravating process, because you're working while everything is under the tension of the spring and it's so super delicate. I myself must have loosened and tightened about 15 times, before it was right, but at the end I have winemaster that problem. It will be easier with a new rod that doesn't have the mark from the screw, but also with the one you have it will be fine. Just be patient and it will work.

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Deja vu I’m getting here.. sw might be the best ever , loved & hated it, but in the end after 6 months we split up and both lived happily ever after

#4120 6 years ago

I am waiting my premium for the end of this month, some mods are waiting in my game-room
2 orders are on way to complete the mods ...

4A960F89-7385-4851-AC3C-BD322897D4B4 (resized).jpeg4A960F89-7385-4851-AC3C-BD322897D4B4 (resized).jpeg

#4121 6 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

I am waiting my premium for the end of this month, some mods are waiting in my game-room

You won't need that LED light tube to replace the fluorescent bulb: there isn't one!

#4122 6 years ago

OK thank you for this information

#4123 6 years ago

Or your Falcon, unless you prefer a different one?

#4124 6 years ago

Yes it is another version with best LED effect and quality

#4125 6 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

Yes it is another version with best LED effect and quality

You are going to replace the factory one that is already installed? If so, can I have your factory one for my Pro?

#4126 6 years ago

Yes i am going to change the factory by this one.
I live in France, I don’t know hop much will be the shipping costs.
PM me, we keep in contact

#4127 6 years ago

I’ve been having trouble backhanding the Death Star. All was level, and the pitch perfect. I cleaned the playfield today (didn’t wax it). Now I can backhand it no problem. The dirty playfield must have had just enough friction to affect the ball speed. Such a picky game, but so much fun. Huge blizzard today, so nothing to do but play pins!

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Check the alignment of the auto launch fork. It sounds like it is not centered.

Is there a safe way to adjust this? I checked the auto launcher under the play field and couldn't tell if there was a way to center it towards the right. Thanks for any additional help that can be provided.

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

You don't need the corner leg guards either.

Rob

#4130 6 years ago

For a prospective buyer of SW, are the code updates all done or are there more planned? Code complete?

#4131 6 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

For a prospective buyer of SW, are the code updates all done or are there more planned? Code complete?

Code is complete (modes, wizard mode, etc), but word is there'll be at least one more update of some kind coming

#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Quoted from zacaj:

Code is complete (modes, wizard mode, etc), but word is there'll be at least one more update of some kind coming

Supposed to be coming this month. But if you don’t like the code as is I wouldn’t bank on future big changes.

#4133 6 years ago
Quoted from Dirtnap73:

Is there a safe way to adjust this? I checked the auto launcher under the play field and couldn't tell if there was a way to center it towards the right. Thanks for any additional help that can be provided.

If it is off, maybe try tweaking it a bit left or right. There is no adjustment under the playfield. Make sure that there is no excess side to side play in the mechanism. The two "prongs" should contact the ball at the same time to ensure a straight launch.

#4137 6 years ago

Anyone know if there are any adjustments that can be made to the tie fighter so it stands more upright?

Mine seems to be leaning slightly forward and left. Not a big deal but it is noticeable.

#4139 6 years ago

Woke up today to this any help would be appreciated

42C7F347-A588-4783-ADA4-77482B7B53AB (resized).jpeg42C7F347-A588-4783-ADA4-77482B7B53AB (resized).jpeg

#4140 6 years ago

It says when I go to it that it’s “out of service “
Thanks

#4141 6 years ago

So it's not working in test move? Manually to to trigger it, look for a wire broken off if it's not registering

#4142 6 years ago

Nope it says “out of service” checking for wire now

#4143 6 years ago

Fixed put it back to “in service” some how some way it went to “out”
Thank you!

#4144 6 years ago

I don’t object to a single, on-topic for sale posting, but you don’t get to then bump the thread or otherwise treat it like your personal marketplace listing.

#4145 6 years ago

Just for differences, at left the new version, at right the factory
And the LED strip (larger with best effects)

B52E8083-9E2C-46AC-B22D-04C6CF5D63DE (resized).pngB52E8083-9E2C-46AC-B22D-04C6CF5D63DE (resized).png

C918445A-E3AC-4940-8D21-358B86289277 (resized).pngC918445A-E3AC-4940-8D21-358B86289277 (resized).png

#4146 6 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

Just for differences, at left the new version, at right the factory
And the LED strip (larger with best effects)

That looks awesome. I have a premium, and I don't think I am going to change out my Falcon ship, but if I had a pro I would install that ship in a heartbeat. That ship you are showing really does look pretty sweet and I agree that the lights look brighter on the one that you're showing compared to the factory model. Did you install those LEDs in the back of that ship by yourself, or did you purchase that mod?

#4147 6 years ago

The mod is made by « 2niro » (he made a light-saber too), his work is perfect

#4148 6 years ago

This is our version of the falcon

https://lermods.com/products/star-wars-pro-pinball-illuminated-interactive-millennium-falcon-mod

star-wars-pinball-illuminated-falcon-mod-6 (resized).JPGstar-wars-pinball-illuminated-falcon-mod-6 (resized).JPG

#4149 6 years ago

How can you adjust flipper strength on the machine? What settings do i go to?

#4150 6 years ago

Tore mine down yesterday to clean and re-rubber. Adjusted some of the guides while I was in there. Was nice to see that the shooter lane guide has a built in adjustment. A bit of a pain to get to but definitely the first stop for anyone with instant-draining issues.

People who've adjusted their right scoop kickout to go to the left flipper: where does it go after it bounces off the flipper? I was hoping it'd just dead bounce across to the right flipper but couldn't manage to get there (always bounced into right slingshot or towards right outlane)

Also noted my right controlled gate (above the pops) was very loose, must not have been tightened quite enough from the factory?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/83?hl=francky93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.