IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 301.
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Just picked up this little guy at a Toys R Us Closing Sale for $27. He makes a nice little topper for now!

I wouldn't call that a "little" topper.

#4052 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

PS - I turned off mode stacking and find it a lot more enjoyable...

I like the stack on but it actually works itself out. Best to stack the level 1 together since they're just simple shots. The higher level ones that require a series of shots I don't stack because they don't lend themselves to finishing easier.

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Just picked up this little guy at a Toys R Us Closing Sale for $27. He makes a nice little topper for now!

I think the head alone would look better

#4054 6 years ago

Update,Still no hyperloop ever,The fork ramp never activates in game play or in test,Looked under the playfield at it and all connecting wires seem to be ok.Super discouraged at this point since I was on the fence for so long over pro versus premium.Now I just have the most expensive proemium ever!Damn!Screwed again!

1523227547980611646385 (resized).jpg1523227547980611646385 (resized).jpg

#4055 6 years ago

If the distributor won't help you, I would just check the switches. There are 3. The ramp has 3 positions.

#4056 6 years ago

Node board 9d probably failed ?
It happened to me with an older code version.

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Update,Still no hyperloop ever,The fork ramp never activates in game play or in test,Looked under the playfield at it and all connecting wires seem to be ok.Super discouraged at this point since I was on the fence for so long over pro versus premium.Now I just have the most expensive proemium ever!Damn!Screwed again!

Call JJ. Luckily you bought from a great disro, he will help you get it sorted out.

#4058 6 years ago

This game is good.

#4059 6 years ago

This game is excellent, especially once you get the hang of the shot modifiers and mode stacking. Easy enough for my kids and wife but deep enough for a shooter and excellent theme, light show and audio for everyone.

20180405_173936.jpg20180405_173936.jpg

#4060 6 years ago

Sold a few solid pins to get this game
A dream for me
Was really frustrated with it cause I couldn't hit the shots but once I actually went back there and looked at the layout and started hitting the outer loop consistently holy smokes
Killer game fast AF once you hits shots well dealing with the modes just killer
Was feeling like getting rid of it but all of a sudden I see the greatness this game delivers wow

#4061 6 years ago

Its almost crazy to think that Star Wars can almost be a sleeper, but I don't think this game gets the appreciation it really deserves. The game is my all time favorite.

#4062 6 years ago

So, I finally destroyed the Death Star yesterday (in Endor MB). It was pretty epic, but I'm wondering, after I did so the Death Star stayed partially open (maybe half an inch) and lit. Is that normal? It seems like at some point (maybe after the MB or after my ball), it closed back up completely.

#4063 6 years ago

Sounds about right.

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So, I finally destroyed the Death Star yesterday (in Endor MB). It was pretty epic, but I'm wondering, after I did so the Death Star stayed partially open (maybe half an inch) and lit. Is that normal? It seems like at some point (maybe after the MB or after my ball), it closed back up completely.

You can double check if it seems weird in “Game specific tests.” The Death Star exploding is one of the options.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

I wouldn't waste anymore of your precious time, and get on the phone with Stern...they should walk you through the trouble shooting process

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You can double check if it seems weird in “Game specific tests.” The Death Star exploding is one of the options.

Cool, thanks. I'll try that when I get home. It was pretty cool, but it just seemed weird to stay open half an inch for the remainder of the MB.

#4067 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Its almost crazy to think that Star Wars can almost be a sleeper, but I don't think this game gets the appreciation it really deserves. The game is my all time favorite.

Well Star Wars is such a big franchise that it benefits and suffers because of it. People are so overly critical of anything that bears the name that they miss out. Look at The Last Jedi; that movie has so much hate surrounding it, but I guarantee in 10 years it is thought of right alongside Empire (feel free to save this post and hold me to that ).

The pinball machine is the same. There's hate surrounding it because everyone has their own idea of what they think it *should* be and they don't just enjoy it for what it is. They will only appreciate once they let go a bit, but by then this will probably be one of the most sought-after games in the hobby. On the bright side, there will probably be a ton made.

#4068 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Well Star Wars is such a big franchise that it benefits and suffers because of it.

Too true

Quoted from ktownhero:

People are so overly critical of anything that bears the name that they miss out.

People waaaay too emotionally invested agreed.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Look at The Last Jedi; that movie has so much hate surrounding it, but I guarantee in 10 years it is thought of right alongside Empire

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Mirror blades are nice if you like staring at your machine but since I've never noticed Ed them when I'm playing I'm not really sure what the point of them is.

I think the point is to make you feel like you're playing a widebody game when you have them on a standard body. Big playfield butts anyone?

#4070 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think the point is to make you feel like you're playing a widebody game when you have them on a standard body. Big playfield butts anyone?

Hmm interesting. Have you ever noticed them when you're playing? I just look at the ball, the things I'm shooting for, and the dmd.

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

LOL! Remember my words!

#4072 6 years ago

Played a SW on location today, after hating it every time I ever flipped it, but the 2 games I wanted to try we’re down, and there was no way I was wasting money on GB.

First game, kind of “eh”, same as before. Second game - HYPERLOOP!!! Had heard about it but never seen it in person and kinda forgot about it. WOW! I took the game more seriously after that and dug in. There’s more going on there than I gave it credit for. Very fun, played maybe 20 games. Still suck (that super tight inner loop!!) but doing much better.

Also, Thank goodness there’s no TLJ nonsense in that game...

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

LOL! Remember my words!

It might be taken as Empire by Generation Z or whomever is growing up with this.
You have melennials that actually think the prequels didn't suck so true, anything is possible.

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm interesting. Have you ever noticed them when you're playing? I just look at the ball, the things I'm shooting for, and the dmd.

I was being sarcastic. I don't see the point of them either. Only thing I can say it makes the playfield look bigger when you're looking at the playfield from the side. I'd rather have Pinblades or Gameblades from whomever has the artwork that I prefer on the title I'm buying for.

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It might be taken as Empire by Generation Z or whomever is growing up with this.
You have melennials that actually think the prequels didn't suck so true, anything is possible.

Prequels are objectively bad films. TLJ just went against expectations. The prequels got worse over time, TLJ will get better.

#4076 6 years ago

I would like to quiet down the power supply fan or change the cooling solution completely. What is the best mod for this? The fan is at the top of the power supply and turns on periodically despite placing another quieter, always-on fan on top of it.

#4077 6 years ago

Have been enjoying this game for a little over a month now, here's my take. The game is fast, and brutal, but so much FUN! Good shots are well rewarded, sloppy shots are swiftly punished. Destroyed the Death Star once (Battle over Endor) Awesome!

Finally received all the accessories I ordered and set everything up about a week ago. BIG shout out to Yelobird for pointing out the obvious. Ordered the LE side armor and lockdown bar from my distributor, and now I have the look and feel of the LE (everything I felt I was missing with a premium) without the LE price tag!

Also picked up the EL panels for the side armor from Pingraffix and last but not least the awesome candy blades from twenty84 and Chrome Candy.

Everything kinda came together magically, and my SW underwent quite the transformation!

One more game...

20180328_131757 (resized).jpg20180328_131757 (resized).jpg
20180328_135548 (resized).jpg20180328_135548 (resized).jpg
20180328_112213 (resized).jpg20180328_112213 (resized).jpg

20180328_112213 (resized).jpg20180328_112213 (resized).jpg

20180328_135548 (resized).jpg20180328_135548 (resized).jpg

20180328_131757 (resized).jpg20180328_131757 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180409-191319_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180409-191319_Gallery (resized).jpg

#4078 6 years ago

Got one on order for June pickup but man this game both pisses me off and makes me love it at the same time..cheap drains on outlanes on location pisses the hell out of me but when you are hitting shots it’s so much fun!

#4079 6 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Have been enjoying this game for a little over a month now, here's my take. The game is fast, and brutal, but so much FUN! Good shots are well rewarded, sloppy shots are swiftly punished. Destroyed the Death Star once (Battle over Endor) Awesome!
Finally received all the accessories I ordered and set everything up about a week ago. BIG shout out to Yelobird for pointing out the obvious. Ordered the LE side armor and lockdown bar from my distributor, and now I have the look and feel of the LE (everything I felt I was missing with a premium) without the LE price tag!
Also picked up the EL panels for the side armor from Pingraffix and last but not least the awesome candy blades from twenty84 and Chrome Candy.
Everything kinda came together magically, and my SW underwent quite the transformation!
One more game...

Please tell me where you got the LE side armor. I want them!

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would like to quiet down the power supply fan or change the cooling solution completely. What is the best mod for this? The fan is at the top of the power supply and turns on periodically despite placing another quieter, always-on fan on top of it.

I’m in the same boat.

#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No magic here, just called my distributor with item numbers from the owners manual, and they ordered them for me directly from Stern.

#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m in the same boat.

I was searching and I came up with a thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-cooling-mod-for-kiss-wwe

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I did the larger auxiliary fan mod for mine a couple of weeks ago and the Stern PSU internal fan has not come on since. Is your auxiliary fan in pull mode above the PSU, i.e. pulling the air out of the PSU??

Here is a pic of mine installed, with a link to the fan used:

IMG_5990 (resized).JPGIMG_5990 (resized).JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NEMG9K6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

#4084 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I did the larger auxiliary fan mod for mine a couple of weeks ago and the PSU internal fan has not come on since. Is your auxiliary fan in pull mode above the PSU, i.e. pulling the air out of the PSU??

amazon.com link »

How did you connect it to the board?

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How did you connect it to the board?

I used the wiring harness that came with the fan and soldered on a standard Stern 5V/12V Molex 3 prong type connector to it, using the 12V connector and ground only. That I plugged into a PinballLife Spike 2 auxiliary power board, such as one of the ones linked below. It gets power directly from the Stern boards in the backbox.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4392

#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I did the larger auxiliary fan mod for mine a couple of weeks ago and the Stern PSU internal fan has not come on since. Is your auxiliary fan in pull mode above the PSU, i.e. pulling the air out of the PSU??

amazon.com link »

Yes, it is pulling air out. The stock fan comes on, but not as often, so the extra fan is helping. I would like to fabricate a cover or possibly obtain another cover so I could mount a silent 80mm fan blowing continuously into the power supply at the bottom and dispose of the small fan at the top and add some vent holes or slots. I don't want to hack into the existing power supply cover just yet. . I am sure that there would be plenty of cooling with that setup. All I need to get would be the power supply cover.

#4087 6 years ago

Here’s the part nos.:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/69#post-4259734

Props to Yelobird for the idea! People have had mixed results but try calling around.

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here’s the part nos.:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/69#post-4259734
Props to yelobird for the idea! People have had mixed results but try calling around.

Congrats Awesome! See, everyone thought I pulled off a magic trick or went through the work of copying them but it was as easy as a phone call. lol It's amazing how sometimes just saying what the heck instead of assuming. No is painless and Sometimes Yes is the reward! Game looks great glad to see you went all in with the EL light strips. Really love the look of them and the install was fairly straight forward.

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Use a fan with a little more airflow and it will work. The first fan I used didn't work either. The one that I have now is silent and the stock fan has not come on once since.

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

No magic here, just called my distributor with item numbers from the owners manual, and they ordered them for me directly from Stern.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Here’s the part nos.:
Props to yelobird for the idea! People have had mixed results but try calling around.

Thank you guys! I thought I remembered reading that the LE rails were unavailable. Awesome

#4092 6 years ago

I need to try that with the lockdown bar that doesn't match my sides after buying the Stern rails. Same for the Millenium Falcon that they said they would make available for the pro model.

#4093 6 years ago

Topper???????
WTF

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I need to try that with the lockdown bar that doesn't match my sides after buying the Stern rails. Same for the Millenium Falcon that they said they would make available for the pro model.

Just have your lockdown bar powder coated gloss black by a local person.

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Node board 9d probably failed ?
It happened to me with an older code version.

Called stern and colorado game exchange.Node board is the problem for sure,Checked voltages and tested lights per stern.I suspect it simply never got checked and/or diagnosed after it came back to stern the first time and since colorado game exchange never takes the games out of the box and just drop ships they would never have known.

#4096 6 years ago

Has anyone put these on their game? I'd like to see a picture on a real game if anyone can provide a picture. Also, any thoughts/opinions on them?

Star Wars Stern Hyperdrive – Pinball SideBlades

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-side-blades-inside-art-sideboard (resized).jpgstar-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-side-blades-inside-art-sideboard (resized).jpg

#4097 6 years ago

I saw those but before I pop for them I would really need to see how they look installed.

#4098 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Has anyone put these on their game? I'd like to see a picture on a real game if anyone can provide a picture. Also, any thoughts/opinions on them?
Star Wars Stern Hyperdrive – Pinball SideBlades
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

Those look better than the stern ones in my opinion. Mirrors look best though. I'm very happy that I installed them on my premium

#4099 6 years ago

Mirrors look best though.

I got mine with mirrors installed and they look great.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I got mine with mirrors installed and they look great.

I already have mirrors on my POTC. I like them fine, but frankly don't need more on other games. Prefer to have each machine standout and be a bit different, so I'm looking to try something else on SW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/82?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.