SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 302.
#4001 6 years ago

I have the premium and have zero issues with the inner loop...side drains are brutal, but zero issues with the inner loop

#4002 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The post on the pro at the bottom of the drops absolutely makes it play easier. But perhaps it is countered when many premium owners move the posts down on the outlanes.

Yea...that post has saved my butt many times. Mine will sometimes sweep the drops downward and I know it would head for disaster if it wasn't for the post. That said the left outlane is still a hungry SOB, even after moving the post down. Such a mean game! For anyone who has ever said Ritchie games are too safe, here you go!

#4003 6 years ago

I moved the post on my Premium. Now it drains on the left side like a normal game does from the factory. I haven't had to adjust the inner orbit, though it very rarely will go STDM from the right exit instead of hitting the right flipper. On those rare times the ball is kind of clanging through slowly instead of a smooth orbit. Very rare on the right hand kick that it goes down the middle, but I have yet to tweak that one too and I can see the rail has some play in it. I have a 2-second timer on the right kick out anyway. At some point I might tweak both of them, but they are far from a problem. The freakin up post rejects on my Metallica are much more annoying than anything on this game. At least Stern is back to spending the extra $$$ for the two controlled gates instead on one up post. I notice even GOTG has controlled gates and they list gates in the feature matrix now days.

#4004 6 years ago

Have to admit this game is much more brutal than I remember. Admittedly I'd only played a Pro before getting my LE, and had long ball times and high scores on that. But this LE is a completely different animal.

Fixed both the scoop and horseshoe SDTM, but the left lane is a freakin vacuum cleaner. Any out of control shots are quickly punished. The only safe shot is backhanding the left ramp.

As a great man once said......"Play Better"

#4005 6 years ago

I guess we expected more of a SM type game from SR (I did), but instead we got SW.

It is tough, but I don’t know? I can’t stop playing the darn game over and over! I need to block a half hour aside and play. A couple of hits to the start button is just not enough for me.

#4006 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I guess we expected more of a SM type game from SR (I did), but instead we got SW.

I didn't know what to expect, and I am happy. Coming off GOT I see how you could guess he might go to the 3 flipper layout but instead he went with his 2 flipper and pushed everything far back to be diff'rent than GOT.
I also didn't know if they were going to stick with the multipliers from GOT but they did, and for me they even improved them.

#4007 6 years ago

SR has done well for himself. SM and SW are two of my Favs. Got and ST are special also.

The Old man has still got it! Always great to see him at the shows. One of the biggest stars and assets to pinball. The King.

#4008 6 years ago

I just wanted to share my experience with the Stern light saber side rail upgrades. I really love the LE side rails and tried to get some with no luck. Instead I ordered the Stern light saber side rails and installed them. Two problems were apparent right away. First was the backing was not held down well enough which caused shadows in the cut out area especially along the blade portion. Second problem was the handle portion of the cutout area used such fine lines that you basically could not see the saber's handle shape unless the room was well lit and you were looking directly straight on so you could see the white backing.

The first problem was an easy fix. I removed the rails and taped the backing down along the entire length in a way that is not visible from the front and reinstalled the rails. The second problem still remained a head scratcher. I did some quick research on putting in some EL backlighting, but that led to dead ends and I wasn't sure it would fix the problem anyway. Long story short I decided to hand paint some outlines on the handles. Not being an artist, I simply got a fine white paint pen and simply/carefully ran it along all of the edges in the cut out areas representing the light saber handles. This worked awesome and was done in about ten minutes per side. Now even in low light you can actually tell its a light saber and it looks infinitely better from all angles. The handles stand out now in any light with just that little added paint.

I attached some pictures below. The camera on my Samsung phone is so darn good in low light it was hard to get a good "before" pictures because the camera made it look better than it actually looked to the eye. You can still get the idea.

In the end I am now really happy with these. It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

20180404_181013 (resized).jpg20180404_181013 (resized).jpg

20180404_231655 (resized).jpg20180404_231655 (resized).jpg

20180404_181026 (resized).jpg20180404_181026 (resized).jpg

#4009 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Moving the left outlane post down seems to have made zero difference on my machine......I'm sure it actually has, but it sure don't seem like it.

I agree, the left outlane on my Prem is a very hungry monster.

#4010 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I just wanted to share my experience with the Stern light saber side rail upgrades. I really love the LE side rails and tried to get some with no luck. Instead I ordered the Stern light saber side rails and installed them. Two problems were apparent right away. First was the backing was not held down well enough which caused shadows in the cut out area especially along the blade portion. Second problem was the handle portion of the cutout area used such fine lines that you basically could not see the saber's handle shape unless the room was well lit and you were looking directly straight on so you could see the white backing.
The first problem was an easy fix. I removed the rails and taped the backing down along the entire length in a way that is not visible from the front and reinstalled the rails. The second problem still remained a head scratcher. I did some quick research on putting in some EL backlighting, but that led to dead ends and I wasn't sure it would fix the problem anyway. Long story short I decided to hand paint some outlines on the handles. Not being an artist, I simply got a fine white paint pen and simply/carefully ran it along all of the edges in the cut out areas representing the light saber handles. This worked awesome and was done in about ten minutes per side. Now even in low light you can actually tell its a light saber and it looks infinitely better from all angles. The handles stand out now in any light with just that little added paint.
I attached some pictures below. The camera on my Samsung phone is so darn good in low light it was hard to get a good "before" pictures because the camera made it look better than it actually looked to the eye. You can still get the idea.
In the end I am now really happy with these. It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

Nice work man.
That looks a hell of a lot better.
I would honestly expect a lot better from Stern but that doesn't seem to happen at the moment.

#4011 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

where did you buy these? they look great

#4012 6 years ago

They do look good but for the price I plan on setting up "real" lightsabers (the nice FX sabers).

#4013 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

where did you buy these? they look great

They're not in the Stern shop online for some reason, but any Stern distributor should be able to order them for you. These guys also have them online:
https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/copy-of-star-wars-pinball-stern-accessories

#4014 6 years ago

For those upgrading the stern accessory side rails. We are fitting lit panels and they will be up on our site in a few weeks. Announcement will be made via email and kit price the same as our le panels.
Hooked on pinball.com

#4015 6 years ago

I've been on low coil pulse power for a week or so in hopes of reducing the number of the dreaded left outlane drains (maybe a small difference) and I noticed that during that time I didn't have any timing issues with the hypersloop gate opening too late. However, today I decided to try the coil pulse power on hard and immediately had a hyperloop gate timing issue which caused the ball to fly into the shooter lane. When set to normal pulse power I had occasional issues, so it seems that the coil pulse power setting on low is a fix for now until this is resolved in the code.

#4016 6 years ago

I tried that and I will agree. The speed difference throughout the game is negligible.

#4017 6 years ago

Finally got the opportunity to play a premium today. Wow, so much better then the pro. I really had fun playing he premium, the shots felt much better, the ramps are awesome, and the Death Star shot is just super cool.

#4018 6 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

I've been on low coil pulse power for a week or so in hopes of reducing the number of the dreaded left outlane drains (maybe a small difference) and I noticed that during that time I didn't have any timing issues with the hypersloop gate opening too late. However, today I decided to try the coil pulse power on hard and immediately had a hyperloop gate timing issue which caused the ball to fly into the shooter lane. When set to normal pulse power I had occasional issues, so it seems that the coil pulse power setting on low is a fix for now until this is resolved in the code.

Thanks for this tip! I’ll give this a try

#4019 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Finally got the opportunity to play a premium today. Wow, so much better then the pro. I really had fun playing he premium, the shots felt much better, the ramps are awesome, and the Death Star shot is just super cool.

That's saying a lot since the Pro is already one hell of an incredible experience. I can't stop playing it

#4020 6 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

For me it’s the exact opposite. I’ve had my premium on high pulse power for a few weeks now. It has been a significant improvement. Much less of the ball save auto-launch to 3 bank to left outlane drain. I haven’t noticed any increase in the hyperloop diverter timing issue.

#4021 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

For me it’s the exact opposite. I’ve had my premium on high pulse power for a few weeks now. It has been a significant improvement. Much less of the ball save auto-launch to 3 bank to left outlane drain. I haven’t noticed any increase in the hyperloop diverter timing issue.

I like the game play on hard for the short time I've had it set, and it does seem like there may be fewer cheap drains, but I will see over time if the hyperloop timing issues continue. It may be a situation where you trade one issue for another.

#4022 6 years ago

Couple questions for you guys,First what software version should my premium be running at this point?I just got my premium from colorado game exchange in the last couple weeks and kind of confused since mine shows le on my premium.Next,How in the hell do you get the hyperloop to work on this thing?It's been live in my arcade and I've put at least 20+ games on it myself and have yet to see it work.

20180406_130722 (resized).jpg20180406_130722 (resized).jpg

#4023 6 years ago

1.01 is current

#4024 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Couple questions for you guys,First what software version should my premium be running at this point?I just got my premium from colorado game exchange in the last couple weeks and kind of confused since mine shows le on my premium.Next,How in the hell do you get the hyperloop to work on this thing?It's been live in my arcade and I've put at least 20+ games on it myself and have yet to see it work.

The LE and Premium are functionally the same game, so they always use the same code (which is called "LE Code").

Current code version is 1.01.0. You might want to wait to update since they're supposed to be getting out a revision soon (they said it was coming "this month") and 1.01.0 isn't much different from 1.00.0. But it won't hurt anything to update now if you want to.

To activate Hyperspace Multiball (I assume that's what you're talking about):

• Play with Han (makes it easier)
  • Note that the inserts on the L and R outer orbits are already lit when you launch your first ball. Shoot either orbit to start Hyperspace Hurryup. You'll hear some hurryup music play and be prompted to shoot the Death Star ramp. Shoot it before the timer runs out and you'll get the Hyperspace Hurryup award and the ball will loop the Hyperloopa few times.
  • You need to complete a second Hyperspace Hurryup to start Hyperspace Multiball. Two options: Light all the in/out lane inserts four times to relight the orbit insert, then shoot the orbit to start Hyperspace Hurryup again. Or just pick "Hyperspace Hurryup" from the bonus menu before launching your second or third ball (you picked Han b/c he gets this as one of his bonus choices).
  • Hyperspace Multiball starts, shoot the ball into the Death Star to "load" it into the Hyperloop. When the timer runs out, you get a multiball with however many balls you loaded (min 2, max 6 I think).
#4025 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

... (I think they said it was coming "this week") and 1.0.1 isn't much different from 1.0.0. But it won't hurt anything to update to 1.0.1 now if you want to.

Did they? SOTU said in April, maybe I missed something else.

#4026 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did they? SOTU said in April, maybe I missed something else.

My bad, meant to write "this month", I'll edit my post.

#4027 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My bad, meant to write "this month", I'll edit my post.

Damn, was hoping you were right.

As you know I'm a lazy bastard and refuse to update when I don't have to. Right after I skipped the update I was having some kick ass games and out of nowhere the draining ball during mission select boned my like 5 times in a few games
A good 500% higher average...typical.

#4028 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

I just got my premium from colorado game exchange. How in the hell do you get the hyperloop to work on this thing?It's been live in my arcade and I've put at least 20+ games on it myself and have yet to see it work.

The hyperloop is accessed by the death star shot when the ramp is up. It elevates from the pf in a few scenarios in the game, like when you activate the hyperspace hurry-up, and also at the conclusion of a few modes. If you hit the death star shot when the ramp is up, it will enter through the Death Star and trigger the accelerator which will send the ball running around the wireform. If you don't send the ball in fairly fast, i.e. you send a very slow ball through the Death Star shot, it may either go up and then back down the ramp, or fall to the back side of the ramp in which case the ramp will drop to release the ball and you can try again. If you are activating the hurry up, and you do not see the ramp elevating from the pf that is an issue and you may want to check and test the ramp function from the menu tests. If there are issues, I know there are some bright folks on this thread that can help you troubleshoot the issue and get it working. Keep us posted!

#4029 6 years ago

Mirror blades vs Pinstadium lights for this game? Pinstadium are 3x the cost...worth it?

#4030 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mirror blades vs Pinstadium lights for this game? Pinstadium are 3x the cost...worth it?

My $.02
I love how my premium looks with mirror blades and I’m super happy with the factory lighting. Some of my favorite cool lighting modes are boba fett and LS duel. I don’t know that I would need additional lighting

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The game is already plenty bright, so pinstadium are not even a thought for me on this game. I'm also getting really tired of mirror blades. I admit they look good on some games, but the newness is gone for me and most games I see them on now simply don't look good. I prefer art blades, but they have to be really good ones. For this game I'm considering these:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

#4032 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mirror blades. They look incredible, especially on the prem/LE. Lighting is great. I wouldn’t make it brighter as you’ll detract from the light show. Yes, there are times when seeing is difficult (escape from boba fett, etc)...but that is to make it difficult...part of the challenge.

#4033 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The game is already plenty bright, so pinstadium are not even a thought for me on this game. I'm also getting really tired of mirror blades. I admit they look good on some games, but the newness is gone for me and most games I see them on now simply don't look good. I prefer art blades, but they have to be really good ones. For this game I'm considering these:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

I think the same as you. Mirror blades are ok but i really like to ADD something extra to a game instead of just reflecting everything that is already there. That's why i love putting in art blades now. Adds to the feel and the look of the machine provided you pick the right ones.

#4034 6 years ago

Game is plenty bright enough without Pinstadiums.

Not sure how they work on dark modes like Light Saber Duel, but if they were on during that it would suck.

#4035 6 years ago

What are the must have mods for SW (PreLe)? Any needed?

(Apart from PDI, mirrors, shaker and lit side rails which I already have)

#4036 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I like the Star Wars miniatures (a couple of x-wings, tie fighters, and a Slave 1). I have also really liked the mods from @pinballcharlie. I think they add the part missing in the toys...the worlds. Check out the new versions. All lit and really look good IMO.

#4037 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I added this pinsub board and a big 12” sub. Sounds bad ass!
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=r0dqmomlamh19563vdcebvj795

Also added the Stern headphone jack plate. The external volume knob works great, plus it allows for the use of headphones of course

Doug’s speakerlightkits look fantastic as well

#4038 6 years ago

What am I missing.I see the art blades from stern for sale in sets of six?

#4039 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My choice was:
- Mirror blades. Really look great on this specific game.
- Mini-LCD bevel by Laseriffic
- Signature plate protector (if you have an LE)
- Silent Fan for power supply, the original one is super loud even in attract mode and unsuitable for living room location.
- Mystery hole illumination by MezelMods
- Force target illumination by MezelMods
- Also I am having a custom dust cover made from the left side of the "Under a dark moon" wall tapestry (51" x 60") from Society 6

Currently, still considering the Star Wars Armada Star destroyer, but not sure on that one yet. I think the pin is great as is and really requires a lot of attention to the original design and only very careful touch up. Overloading it with a bunch of designwise unharmonized toys from different vendors might be fun to DO, but is not an improvement IMHO.

My 2 cents.

#4040 6 years ago

The Armada Destroyer looks like it belongs in there. Everyone who has seen mine agrees.

#4041 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The Armada Destroyer looks like it belongs in there. Everyone who has seen mine agrees.

Where are you getting these and how are they mounted?

#4042 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They are from a Star Wars game called Armada. You can buy them on amazon, or any board game store

#4043 6 years ago

Just wanted to tell you guys something. I live in a pinball doldrums. Very few machines anywhere. A local bowling alley has had a No Fear for years. Well I went bowling last night and boom a Star Wars Pro on 50 cents per play! I played for half an hour, won some free games and gave them to a couple of kids watching me play. It's not a big deal to you city folk, but you just don't EVER see new pins around Scranton. It put a smile on my face and I thought I would share it with you guys. Is anyone only charging 50 cents per play nowadays?

#4044 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just look at your game and decide whether it's bright enough; mine is in any level of lighting.

Mirror blades are nice if you like staring at your machine but since I've never noticed Ed them when I'm playing I'm not really sure what the point of them is.

#4045 6 years ago

This game lends particularly well to mirror blades, they look like they were meant to be on it. It's an incredibly bright game that well utilizes darkness for key aspects of gameplay that I think would be ruined by bright lights.

#4046 6 years ago

PS - I turned off mode stacking and find it a lot more enjoyable. Obviously you move through things more slowly, but it's cool being able to focus on one mode at a time. This game already has so many other things stacking on top of modes like tie fighters, boba fett, jedi training and hyperspace hurryup.

#4047 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I got the idea from Pinsider chipscott, who deserves the credit. See posts 2512, 2532 and 2540.

#4048 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I got the idea from Pinsider chipscott, who deserves the credit. See posts 2512, 2532 and 2540.

Others have done the same with similar ships, before chipscott. I like the Mattel fighters, check post 2246, 2345, 2350, and I copied others who had done similar......

#4049 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

I am working on it right now to illuminate the LE side rails.
thereafter, I will be able to make a variant with laser cut lightsaber shapes in premium side rails if I am lent the game

#4050 6 years ago

Just picked up this little guy at a Toys R Us Closing Sale for $27. He makes a nice little topper for now!

IMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPG

IMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81?hl=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.