SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 302.
#3951 6 years ago

I like Star Wars. It is fun.

#3952 6 years ago

Just joined the club! (big thanks to PlanetNine for a great buying experience) Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

IMG_5060 (resized).jpgIMG_5060 (resized).jpg

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club! Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

It has a setting in the menu to increase the power. It should be sending it to the left flipper.
Welcome to the club

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Would you mind sharing the exact tape you used? Gorilla makes a lot of variations.

I am curious as to which one as well. I just checked Amazon and the only clear 15lb Gorilla tape I could find was double sided. Thanks!

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Huh, that doesn't sound so bad after all. It can't hurt to try! Would you mind sharing the exact tape you used? Gorilla makes a lot of variations.

This one
https://www.gorillatough.com/product/tough-and-clear-mounting-tape/

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks. I ordered a motor speed controller last night and feel confident that will fix the problem. I actually cut my weights to make them lighter and that did almost nothing. The speed controller is a much better idea. From now on I'm buying PBL shakers...

I don't understand worrying about $50 on an accessory for a $5k-$8k game... Just grab the Stern motor for $159

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club! Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

I had to bend the metal guide a little so that when the scoop ejects it hits the left flipper (as its supposed to do).....works perfectly now

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I don't understand worrying about $50 on an accessory for a $5k-$8k game... Just grab the Stern motor for $159

I can,, save 50 for 3 units get one free !!! save save save.. . if you do not keep saving money you cant afford 2020 6200$ pro price on a Judas Priest Pin// still enjoying my SW pro and the decision to do w/o the extra gate at outlane/fork ramp with reach around fast habitrails ..
Welcome to the club

#3959 6 years ago

Thanks! That is the double sided one I had found.

Dumb question alert...but is there a backing on the top of the tape where the ball hits it, thus making it one sided?

#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I agree but the Cointaker shaker is already in the machine. I hate to throw it away when there is a great solution for $10. If there were no solution, I would throw the Cointaker shaker in the trash and start over.

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I installed a very strong tape ''Gorilla transparent tape 15 pounds'' at the end of the loop with a small piece to double the thickness near the end. It make a very tiny little ''bump'' to the ball and 100% of time the ball go to the left flipper. Zero cheap drain and the game is super enjoyable that way. The inner loop remain fast and fun.
I can make it to look better but for the moment it's not visible from the player point of view and i did not bother to improve the look.
I made meetings with my friends and nobody remark the modification. The movement of the ball is super fluids. No wear and the tape will not move at all.
I also made this mod for the tatooine scoop with the same great effect.

Unfortunately this method is changing the play of the game. A left loop (Death Star shot) should exit to the right flipper, not the left. I would loosen the screws holding the loop's outer rail and see if there is any play outward. You also may have to bend it slightly out. Left loop (Death Star) should go to the right flipper, the right loop (Hoth) should go to the left flipper. Mine originally was draining like crazy. When I went to adjust it, a mounting post broke while tightening it. I'm guessing it was partially broken already with how easily it twisted off. Stern sent a new one and the new one exits perfectly.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Adjust the scoop first...that should take care of 90% of the problem. Take off the plastic above it, loosen the screws holding the back of the scoop, and you will see that there is plenty of "twist" adjustment. It will likely have to move counterclockwise closer to the metal lane guide. You want to the ball shooting out as parallel as possible so it follows the guide.

When I did this it made a huge difference, but would still SDTM once in awhile. I then dropped the stand-up target at the front of the lane guide which gave me plenty of room to bend the end of the guide slightly left. An adjustable wrench with the jaws covered in electrical tape to protect the edge works great for this. It didn't take much and now the feed is 100% to the left flipper as it should be. (Don't forget to reinstall the stand-up target! )

#3963 6 years ago

More code coming...woohoo!!

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It has a setting in the menu to increase the power. It should be sending it to the left flipper.
Welcome to the club

Quoted from PtownPin:

I had to bend the metal guide a little so that when the scoop ejects it hits the left flipper (as its supposed to do).....works perfectly now

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Adjust the scoop first...that should take care of 90% of the problem. Take off the plastic above it, loosen the screws holding the back of the scoop, and you will see that there is plenty of "twist" adjustment. It will likely have to move counterclockwise closer to the metal lane guide. You want to the ball shooting out as parallel as possible so it follows the guide.
When I did this it made a huge difference, but would still SDTM once in awhile. I then dropped the stand-up target at the front of the lane guide which gave me plenty of room to bend the end of the guide slightly left. An adjustable wrench with the jaws covered in electrical tape to protect the edge works great for this. It didn't take much and now the feed is 100% to the left flipper as it should be. (Don't forget to reinstall the stand-up target! )

Thanks gang, will give these a try! Also, any suggestions on a good video tutorial for beginners would be much appreciated!

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome to the club

Which setting? is the scoop referred to as the "right eject"?

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What?

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Which setting? is the scoop referred to as the "right eject"?

Correct.

#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

From today's "Stern of the Union Address":

Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
•Star Wars – We have yet another code update coming this month.

Accessories:

The Star Wars shooter knob and topper accessories are still not available for sale. We will make a formal announcement once they are finalized and available.

On a personal note, I'm pleased that my laziness in not updating to SW 1.0.1 code is being rewarded with the swift release of 1.0.2!

#3970 6 years ago

Another update is great. That means I can keep putting off the last one I never did.

#3971 6 years ago

A little birdy told me that the new code will solve my Death Star and Hoth lock timing problem (allowing bounce-outs from a fast clean shot). No idea what else might be waiting for us, but hopefully lots of goodies!

#3972 6 years ago

My pro comes Thursday, can't wait!

#3973 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club! (big thanks to planetnine for a great buying experience) Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

A little birdy told me that the new code will solve my Death Star and Hoth lock timing problem (allowing bounce-outs from a fast clean shot). No idea what else might be waiting for us, but hopefully lots of goodies!

I would like some more wookie... probably unrealistic. I suspect any further updates will address current bugs and timing.

#3975 6 years ago

It's great to hear that another code update is coming

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I would like some more wookie... ....

YEah I could get behind that.

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I would like some more wookie... probably unrealistic. I suspect any further updates will address current bugs and timing.

I agree...and it could definitely use more Jabba. But honestly even if it's just bug and timing fixes, that's ok. I have things I'd like to see (no repeating video mode and having LSD be optional or different the second time), but the code is pretty great as it is.

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

We have yet another code update coming this month.

OK, it is April 3rd so I won't hold my breath. Still four weeks in this month. Looking forward though!

Quoted from fosaisu:

The Star Wars shooter knob and topper accessories are still not available for sale. We will make a formal announcement once they are finalized and available.

I may be a dead guy with $500 in his pocket by the time the topper comes out. I've never bought a customer shooter. Any idea what this one looks like?

#3979 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club! (big thanks to planetnine for a great buying experience) Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

Also, starting in the 1.00 code in the menu there is a ball save option for the scoop in the event that it does shoot sdtm. If the ball save option for the scoop is turned on, in those cases it recognizes that it shot it down the middle and a new ball will come into play. Prior to that, because I too was sick of cheap drains, I had just turned the scoop power down 22 and it would fairly routinely eject to the right flipper, although less fast and a bit less fun. With the new ball save option, I turned it back up to 40...hits the left flipper the majority of the time. I have not adjusted the scoop, although I know some have successfully, I just didn't feel comfortable doing it myself.

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are the fixes for the drain out of the horseshoe loop (only from left Flipper to right entrance) and also from the scoop? Just picked up an LE and after the first few games, these unsave-able drains are really frustrating.

I have raised this many times and there is no real solution.
There is no adjustability in this loop, i just think this is bad design, but of course no-one would admit to that

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I have raised this many times and there is no real solution.
There is no adjustability in this loop, i just think this is bad design, but of course no-one would admit to that

I’ve never had a problem. Level, correct pitch, tape in the loop, and the extreme...bending the loop.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Agree, Id rather they nix this topper nonsense and just focus on a few ball save or drain clips other than Yoda.
Always thought they were leading to more character path clip coordination. Oh well.
Come on Stern, “Use the force...yesssss”

#3983 6 years ago

Can you guys tell me the default outlanes ex-factory? We’re they in the middle?

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can you guys tell me the default outlanes ex-factory? We’re they in the middle?

My outlane posts were in the middle hole when the game shipped.

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Unfortunately this method is changing the play of the game. A left loop (Death Star shot) should exit to the right flipper, not the left. I would loosen the screws holding the loop's outer rail and see if there is any play outward. You also may have to bend it slightly out. Left loop (Death Star) should go to the right flipper, the right loop (Hoth) should go to the left flipper. Mine originally was draining like crazy. When I went to adjust it, a mounting post broke while tightening it. I'm guessing it was partially broken already with how easily it twisted off. Stern sent a new one and the new one exits perfectly.

I would like a confirmation from Steve Ritchie

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I would like a confirmation from Steve Ritchie

Yeah. I like the idea of them criss-crossing, that way you could get some pretty fun combos intermixing the ramps and loop. It would be nice to get confirmation and a fix recommendation.

I fine tuned my level left/right a bit more and it seems I pretty consistently get it to hit the flippers but there's still always a chance I get stdm. I tried looking at ways to adjust the loop but I see nothing they can be done short of the tape mod

#3987 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah. I like the idea of them criss-crossing, that way you could get some pretty fun combos intermixing the ramps and loop. It would be nice to get confirmation and a fix recommendation.
I fine tuned my level left/right a bit more and it seems I pretty consistently get it to hit the flippers but there's still always a chance I get stdm. I tried looking at ways to adjust the loop but I see nothing they can be done short of the tape mod

There will ALWAYS be a chance for a SDTM on that shot, as how it reacts depends on speed and spin of the ball, slickness of playfield, etc. Most any pin that has had a tight inner loop being fed from the lower flippers like that will never be 100%. Had a ToM years ago, did the same thing on the inner loop, 90%+ shots were safe, but always 1 in 10 went SDTM.

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

There will ALWAYS be a chance for a SDTM on that shot, as how it reacts depends on speed and spin of the ball, slickness of playfield, etc. Most any pin that has had a tight inner loop being fed from the lower flippers like that will never be 100%. Had a ToM years ago, did the same thing on the inner loop, 90%+ shots were safe, but always 1 in 10 went SDTM.

Not completely safe, but on my Pro it's not nearly that bad. I'd doubt even 1 in 100 goes down the middle

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not completely safe, but on my Pro it's not nearly that bad. I'd doubt even 1 in 100 goes down the middle

Agreed, mine is about that way as well. My ToM was MUCH worse........

#3990 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Exactly! It’s pinball.

#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

My pro is the same. The loop shot is safe and almost never an automatic STDM. I can even hit either loop from both flippers and recover the ball.

This is the main reason I am hesitant to upgrade to a premium. Not that the premium doesn't shoot well, just that with the manufacturing tolerances from game to game, you can end up with one that shoots quite a bit differently than another. I don't want to swap my fun playing pro for a frustratingly playing premium.

#3992 6 years ago

In my opinion the loop should never go sdtm but only for exceptionnal occasion because of the low speed of the ball and bumps on the 2 sides walls of the loop. Sdtm shots from the loop are very rare on my premium, about 1% and i'm very happy that way. This game is already very technical and hard to master, no need for more cheap drain.

#3993 6 years ago

I don't have a real problem with the SDTM cheap drains, but the left outlane is really brutal even after lowering the post.

#3994 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't have a real problem with the SDTM cheap drains, but the left outlane is really brutal even after lowering the post.

This......

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Seems more on the Prem+ from what I'm hearing?
Pro doens't seem that bad to me. It can get streaky down there but nothing too rough.

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems more on the Prem+ from what I'm hearing?

It does, and my guess to the difference is that extra post that the Pro has at the bottom of the drop target bank. According to Steve Ritchie's video interview that extra post on the Pros was there to help protect the 5 standup FORCE targets the Pro was originally supposed to have, but got upgraded at the last minute to a drop target bank just like the Prem/LE. Since it was a last minute decision they never revisited that post, so the Pros have one, the Prem/LEs don't.

One or two Prem/LE owners added that post in on their own, to which Steve begs us not to as the Prem/LE is not supposed to have it, even if the goodie bag includes it......

#3997 6 years ago

Yeah I heard aboot the post and tried to notice how much the ball hits it. It seems to be the slower shirts more that piddle around that area and get kicked out instead of heading down to those lanes. Then again, the fast shots just could be moving too fast to track

#3998 6 years ago

The post on the pro at the bottom of the drops absolutely makes it play easier. But perhaps it is countered when many premium owners move the posts down on the outlanes.

#3999 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The post on the pro at the bottom of the drops absolutely makes it play easier. But perhaps it is countered when many premium owners move the posts down on the outlines.

Moving the left outlane post down seems to have made zero difference on my machine......I'm sure it actually has, but it sure don't seem like it.

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Moving the left outlane post down seems to have made zero difference on my machine......I'm sure it actually has, but it sure don't seem like it.

Should've checked the audits before and after!

Not sure if it's the way I have it set up but on my Pro I drain down the center way more than either outlane at default/middle settings

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/80?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.