• Pro 112 votes
    26%
  • Premium 169 votes
    40%
  • LE 142 votes
    34%

(423 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,020 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EB72A4DD-B9BC-474C-A87F-2C846A7E07FD (resized).jpeg
IMG_4231 (resized).JPG
IMG_4234 (resized).JPG
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
2692C23F-B881-4C21-BC6E-F7CB8B341FD2 (resized).jpeg
977C9F4A-6D5E-40E6-B843-15D49E642975 (resized).jpeg
6572FD4A-2C9D-490A-8DD3-936CC7DD1656 (resized).jpeg
6EA53F58-AABC-404C-84ED-ED02DBEBB54B (resized).jpeg
20190413_175802 (resized).jpg
SWPro_basement2 (resized).JPG
LukeChampion (resized).JPG
DeathstarEntry (resized).png
56412421_2336110289743783_4351594476997705728_n (resized).jpg
20190407_181947 (resized).jpg
SW Pinball BEFORE (small) (resized).jpg
SW playfield plus (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6959 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 140.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Mind if I ask where you grabbed those?

fantasyflightgames.com

The Tie fighters are part of the X-wing miniatures game, the star destroyer is the Armada miniature game. You can also find them on Amazon or most good local game shops should have them too.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from jrockne:

fantasyflightgames.com
The Tie fighters are part of the X-wing miniatures game, the star destroyer is the Armada miniature game. You can also find them on Amazon or most good local game shops should have them too.

Thank you very much.

#353 1 year ago

considering the Millennium falcon in the game looks like an exact copy of the one in the X-wing game the tie fighters should be evenly scaled in size...

pasted_image (resized).png

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That's a permanent solution, though, no? I'm sure I'll buy the actual star wars topper when it's out unless it's atrocious.

Nah peels right up.

#355 1 year ago

Watching the video some more... there's definitely some unsafe risk reward shots in there. I'm starting to warm up to it even though I wish the game had a few more interactive aspects to it (magnets and a better tie fighter). Maybe a stronger spring so it's not as bobble head like.

#356 1 year ago

Picked up my pro yesterday at a Pintastic. Clear coat is awesome, just as nice as my Aerosmith pro. No issues at all out if the box.
Hooked up an external powered sub which adds a lot of depth to the sound. Still getting used to the game but it's a blast, very fast and addictive. My 13 year old son played all night last night and he's really not a pinball fan.
The 3 bank targets under the LCD screen really don't like me - at all.
I know a lot of people had mentioned how stripped down the game looks initially (as did I), so I thought I would post a pic of the under side of the PF next to AS pro for comparison.

IMG_2268 (resized).JPG

#357 1 year ago

Joined the club today!

Game is super fast. Total impulse buy at Pintastic.

Got the last show NIB from Cointaker. They're the best!

20170708_162519 (resized).jpg

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Picked up my pro yesterday at a Pintastic. Clear coat is awesome, just as nice as my Aerosmith pro. No issues at all out if the box.
Hooked up an external powered sub which adds a lot of depth to the sound. Still getting used to the game but it's a blast, very fast and addictive. My 13 year old son played all night last night and he's really not a pinball fan.
The 3 bank targets under the LCD screen really don't like me - at all.
I know a lot of people had mentioned how stripped down the game looks initially (as did I), so I thought I would post a pic of the under side of the PF next to AS pro for comparison.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Joined the club today!

That's great guys! I was hoping some of you guys in the USA would start getting them this week and give us your opinions on how they play etc.
We have to wait until the end of July here in Australia for our first ones.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's great guys! I was hoping some of you guys in the USA would start getting them this week and give us your opinions on how they play etc.
We have to wait until the end of July here in Australia for our first ones.

September here in the UK, so July isn't that bad

I am looking forward to seeing some video footage, with some of us mere mortals playing, some of the stuff Keith and Josh did when playing I couldn't even do in my dreams

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Hooked up an external powered sub which adds a lot of depth to the sound.

How did you connect the sub? I have not tried connecting a sub to a SPIKE game yet.

Rob

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Joined the club today!

You got hooked after that monster game you played, while my daughter and I fast-drained our plays! Congrats.

#362 1 year ago

The outhole is tapered now. I bet no more chipping clear at the outhole. Metal runs down the whole right side of the shooter lane.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How did you connect the sub? I have not tried connecting a sub to a SPIKE game yet.
Rob

I just used speaker wire and alligator clips. Nice and easy. There may be a better way but it's good enough for me.

#364 1 year ago

I'm officially a member of the club. The game is SO GOOD. It's super fast, the ramps/loops are so smooth and the LCD animations are absolutely amazing. I seriously cannot wait to see what evolves from Dwight's current code. If you were even remotely close to a fan of GoT, you'll love Star Wars. And even if you weren't, but you love fast games with amazing flow and shot progression, you'll absolutely be happy with your purchase.

If you're in line for one, you're in for a treat. I especially envy those of you who are about to get an LE/Prem. I can't wait for the mods. I need to order some mirror blades post haste.

#365 1 year ago

Also, my wife's first experience with a knocker:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FitGenerousTaroTBCheesePull

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I just used speaker wire and alligator clips. Nice and easy. There may be a better way but it's good enough for me.

Ok, but how did you route the wires out of the cabinet? That's really what I want to know

Rob

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, but how did you route the wires out of the cabinet? That's really what I want to know
Rob

You can simply run them through the rear grill in the back of the cab. Real easy.

#368 1 year ago

If I'm adding figurines to my machine to place on the playfield plastics, what is best used to attach them? Is the double sided 3M okay for this too, or should I not place that inside?

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

If I'm adding figurines to my machine to place on the playfield plastics, what is best used to attach them? Is the double sided 3M okay for this too, or should I not place that inside?

Yeah don't use that double sided tape on plastics. If you're putting figurines on the game, not sure what to use.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah don't use that double sided tape on plastics. If you're putting figurines on the game, not sure what to use.

Maybe some sort of putty.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'd bend a wire with a small loop on it. Take a micro drill and bore a tiny hole the size of the small wire into the bottom of the figurine. Then epoxy that wire into the figurine or small toy. Then mount the completed assembly by placing the looped end under a nut somewhere on a good place in the game.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd bend a wire with a small loop on it. Take a micro drill and bore a tiny hole the size of the small wire into the bottom of the figurine. Then epoxy that wire into the figurine or small toy. Then mount the completed assembly by placing the looped end under a nut somewhere on a good place in the game.

Good insight, thanks!

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogman:

You got hooked after that monster game you played, while my daughter and I fast-drained our plays! Congrats.

Thanks! I did get hooked after that monster ball. Game definitely has a one more play quality to it.
Can't wait to get it in a home environment where I can appreciate it even more..

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

You can simply run them through the rear grill in the back of the cab. Real easy.

As another option, I just unscrew the existing speaker and go straight through the hole. Then just lightly tighten it back down to hold the wire in place. I use the crimp on spade connectors if it's the 2 lead terminals or solder if it's just the one lead terminals.

#375 1 year ago

First Impressions, Playfield is gorgeous very nice gloss to it. Noticed the show games at pintastic seem to hold up very well also.

Added a Cliffy for shooter lane and a shaker. Shaker was as easy as it could be. Four screws and run the wire over to the board.

Only complaint so far is to get the backglass out the speaker (LCD) panel has to come out with it.

Had to run out and have to figure out where it's going in the lineup so I haven't played it yet.

20170709_162955 (resized).jpg

20170709_162152 (resized).jpg

#376 1 year ago

I'm streaming some Star Wars right now if anyone wants to watch. http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r -- i'm terrible though as of now, and my LCD cam won't be super great uintil tuesday. If this is against the rules, please delete. If not, come hang!

edit: stream over -- I will be streaming it daily though, so feel free to go to that link and follow me if you're wanting to see the game in action.

#377 1 year ago

So, bad news. I decided to level my machine better, and upon finishing, and turning my game on, I got "Updating Node Board Runtime 1->8->9", with Node Board 1 highlighted. The updated failed, it told me to power cycle the game, so I did. Every time I boot the game now, I get this message. I can still play the game, but for whatever reason this problem is happening, so I'm not super sure what to do short of contacting stern.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So, bad news. I decided to level my machine better, and upon finishing, and turning my game on, I got "Updating Node Board Runtime 1->8->9", with Node Board 1 highlighted. The updated failed, it told me to power cycle the game, so I did. Every time I boot the game now, I get this message. I can still play the game, but for whatever reason this problem is happening, so I'm not super sure what to do short of contacting stern.

Call Trent first.

#379 1 year ago

It appears node board 10 is uninitializing which controls "all lamps" -- i'm also getting technician reports on all the R2D2 and Accelerator Optos. I've reseated all the cat5 cables and tried to make sure all connections are firm, so idk what's going on. None of this started until I was just leveling the machine.

I don't know if I jarred something or what. I had it off, etc.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

i'm also getting technician reports on all the R2D2 and Accelerator Optos.

Definitely software. Will be fixed in an update. Node board still unknown. I say call Chas at stern tomorrow.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely software. Will be fixed in an update. Node board still unknown. I say call Chas at stern tomorrow.

I've got a feeling I'll be getting a replacement node board. I just don't get how leveling a machine could cause this. I guess turning the machine on / off could've shorted it or something somehow? IDK.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I've got a feeling I'll be getting a replacement node board. I just don't get how leveling a machine could cause this. I guess turning the machine on / off could've shorted it or something somehow? IDK.

From what I've seen with these failures it's random. Nothing you did I don't think.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I've seen with these failures it's random. Nothing you did I don't think.

It's kind of weird. I talked to Trent and my node board looks to be running just fine. It's just spitting an error at me and there's nothing actually fishy going on. I did a factory reset and we looked over the Cat5 cables and everything -- nothing seems to be going on other than the error -- at least that we can see.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

It's kind of weird. I talked to Trent and my node board looks to be running just fine. It's just spitting an error at me and there's nothing actually fishy going on. I did a factory reset and we looked over the Cat5 cables and everything -- nothing seems to be going on other than the error -- at least that we can see.

When the node board started doing node update failure the first time do you remember if you turned the game on with the coindoor open? I had a WWE that would do a node update everytime id start it with coindoor open but nothing was wrong with it just faulty software i thought.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

When the node board started doing node update failure the first time do you remember if you turned the game on with the coindoor open? I had a WWE that would do a node update everytime id start it with coindoor open but nothing was wrong with it just faulty software i thought.

That's possible but it does it every time,door open or not. :/

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That's possible but it does it every time,door open or not. :/

Did you try reinstalling the most recent code? Not sure if its available yet but worth a try.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Did you try reinstalling the most recent code? Not sure if its available yet but worth a try.

I did. Almost certain it's not a code error. I need a new Node Board #10 I believe.

#388 1 year ago

Just gonna leave this here...really proud of it!

No bugs that I saw either. I got it all on video.

20170712_125825(0) (resized).jpg

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Added a Cliffy for shooter lane and a shaker

Which Cliffy works for this game (is Spike different from SAM for this)?

Also, do you need the metal part for the right side of the shooter lane? I thought I read it has it already but haven't seen any pics

And lastly, anyone working on a protector for the scoop?

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Also, do you need the metal part for the right side of the shooter lane? I thought I read it has it already but haven't seen any pics

There's one there stock.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's one there stock.

A shooter lane protector? Or a scoop protector? (Or both)? I'm hoping for both!

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A shooter lane protector? Or a scoop protector? (Or both)? I'm hoping for both!

Scoop sorry. Nothing needed in the shooter lane but a piece of Mylar imo

The right wall of the shooter lane is all covered with metal.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Scoop sorry. Nothing needed in the shooter lane but a piece of Mylar imo
The right wall of the shooter lane is all covered with metal.

Did you also notice the side rail on the left side of the playfield is powdercoated metal and not black covered wood like it used to be? Maybe this isn't new for star wars, but its new to me!

#394 1 year ago

Here's a weird/dumb question. Assuming the premiums are similar in all but the hyperspace loop/deathstar (not including metal ramps etc) are machines capable of those add those on after the fact? So essentially an upgraded pro into a premium?

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Here's a weird/dumb question. Assuming the premiums are similar in all but the hyperspace loop/deathstar (not including metal ramps etc) are machines capable of those add those on after the fact? So essentially an upgraded pro into a premium?

No.

#396 1 year ago

I can't wait to play this game. Looks like I'll have to wait a couple more months since there aren't any around here yet.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Spike shooter Lane protector is different than Sam, right rail is metal and there is a scoop protector from the factory.

#398 1 year ago

Didn't see this posted elsewhere. If you are looking for more gameplay video of Star Wars, there is a long one on youtube here:

#399 1 year ago

Gonna try to get another 7+ bil game! http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

#400 1 year ago

New code released by Stern (0.84):

PRO V0.84 - July 11, 2017
======================
- The shaker motor in test mode now works correctly.
- Added extra bonus scenes
- Added more sounds
- Changed how TIE Fighter Assault works. It will stop allowing TIE fighters to
be destroyed at zero seconds.
- Fixed bonus count for Missions on your second character within one game.
- Changed how TIE fighter multiball starts and awards jackpots / Super
Jackpots
- Changed the layout of the bonus multipliers during the skill shot.
- Changed the test menu to be blue.

PRO V0.83 - July 7, 2017
=====================
- Initial release.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 92.00
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6959 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 140.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside