• Pro 130 votes
    27%
  • Premium 196 votes
    41%
  • LE 151 votes
    32%

(477 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,298 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6051 (resized).jpg
60413537788__AC8FC5F9-5260-4F78-A364-B279AA3B6AEE (resized).JPG
multiball-inserts-small (resized).jpg
Star_Wars_Character_Bracket_small (resized).jpg
FORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpg
87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg
87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg
86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg
F9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpeg
8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
20200209_161005 (resized).jpg
E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8529 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 171.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I battled late into the night to face this guy. Successful I was not.

That 'guy' looks like a shaved woman.

#3902 1 year ago

Just got my premium delivered friday,Its an ass kicking ball draining bitch but totally awesome to me!2 days live in the arcade and hyperloop has never been activated,Hoping its poor play and not actually anything wrong with it.

20180330_141523 (resized).jpg

20180330_143938 (resized).jpg

20180330_153151 (resized).jpg

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Just got my premium delivered friday,Its an ass kicking ball draining bitch but totally awesome to me!2 days live in the arcade and hyperloop has never been activated,Hoping its poor play and not actually anything wrong with it.

Enjoy .... its a great game once u get it dialed in...hope u got the shaker? its a must in this game

#3904 1 year ago

Re-watching Star Wars, the game needs to finish the Death Star mode with all GI out and only one shot lit.

Play the music, show the clip on the LCD, and hear Han Solo say, “Alright kid, you’re all clear! Now let’s blow this thing and go home!”

That would be pretty sweet.

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Enjoy .... its a great game once u get it dialed in...hope u got the shaker? its a must in this game

Didn't get the shaker yet but will be,Should have been included!

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Re-watching Star Wars, the game needs to finish the Death Star mode with all GI out and only one shot lit.
Play the music, show the clip on the LCD, and hear Han Solo say, “Alright kid, you’re all clear! Now let’s blow this thing and go home!”
That would be pretty sweet.

You described much of Destroy the Death Star mode with one shot left. #playbetter

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You described much of Destroy the Death Star mode with one shot left. #playbetter

But I’ve blown up the Death Star with Endor! I guess they’re different.

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from Brian541:

I put the Pinball Life shaker in my SW and it was really simple compared to the old SAM machines. I really like the way it works compared to the Cointaker shaker in my Metallica. The Cointaker shaker is way too violent. I need to figure out how to adjust the weights on that one to make it less violent.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Brian541:

You can purchase from pinball life or coin taker for $100....I agree it should have been included, but it is was it is.....shaker really helps the overall experience...just make sure u get the spike 2 shaker...very easy to install

#3910 1 year ago

I’ve got the pinballlife shaker I’m my SW and it’s great. Supposedly very similar action to Stern model, but I haven’t compared them. And save an extra 15% by buying two+ if someone in your area wants one too.

Never had a cointaker shaker but have read they’re very aggressive, some love them some don’t.

#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ve got the pinballlife shaker I’m my SW and it’s great. Supposedly very similar action to Stern model, but I haven’t compared them. And save an extra 15% by buying two+ if someone in your area wants one too.
Never had a cointaker shaker but have read they’re very aggressive, some love them some don’t.

Ive had both....I didn't notice much of a difference....apparently some have

#3912 1 year ago

I have the one from Pinball Life. After I installed it I read all about the compatibility issues of the Sam Shaker motors and fried Spike node boards. Glad that was worked out.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yep. Just bought 2 for $85 each from Pinball Life. Great deal.

#3914 1 year ago

Just a word of caution, installing PBL shaker voids your warranty. I intend on the shaker being my 6 month SW anniversary gift.

#3915 1 year ago

Yeah, careful with non-Stern shakers. The non-OEM shaker fried 2 GB node boards after a few months.

#3916 1 year ago

The compatibility issues with non-stern shakers was in the early days of Spike. Nothing to worry about these days. I've had the PBL shakier in AS since June and SW since January. No issues.

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, careful with non-Stern shakers. The non-OEM shaker fried 2 GB node boards after a few months.

Good point...that being said I had zero issues....

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I looked into this before buying. PBL design wasn’t sympatico with Spike 2 initially. Fried some boards (PBL covered replacement costs). PBL quickly fixed the design and no reported problems since. I’m sure it voids the warranty just like any other mod, but no longer any actual risk involved.

#3919 1 year ago

I put a pinballlife shaker in Kiss with no problems. There was another shaker in GB when I picked it up, and it fried my boards.

If you’re using other shakers with no problems, awesome. I won’t ever use another non-OEM shaker, however. It’s worth the extra few bucks to be covered with the warranty.

#3920 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode? On a fast, clean shot, mine fairly often will hit the back up-post, but then bounce out before the front double post can catch it. This seems to happen at least once a game. I'm at 6.5 deg and level. I've tried steeper without change. I tried setting coils to soft hoping for slightly slower flips, but that didn't make a difference either. Optos are clean, both lock mechs are tightened down and the plungers move freely with no binding. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas? Or is this just the nature of the beast and a fast moving shot simply can't consistently be caught in such a small area?
I love the game, but I swear this is the most tweaking I've had to do since Avengers. :/

Bumping this once for the fast moving thread. Thanks for the input so far. Anyone else having this problem or have ideas? I am running the latest code. I think I might remove and disassemble the mechs to double check for anything slowing them down or loose just to be sure. Will check and reflow the solder joints too I think.

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm at latest code. Mine is much more frequent from the Death Star, but Hoth definitely does it as well. I had my best game ever earlier today, had every mode completed except one Hoth mode. Two Hoth rejects in a row, then drain. BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Hoth rejects have always happened on this game. but I think it's better than it used to be. Hyperspace multiball is still a disappointment in this game.

Rob

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bumping this once for the fast moving thread. Thanks for the input so far. Anyone else having this problem or have ideas? I am running the latest code. I think I might remove and disassemble the mechs to double check for anything slowing them down or loose just to be sure. Will check and reflow the solder joints too I think.

This happens on the premium/LE model too. The trouble has always been there, but not as bad with later code versions.

Rob

#3923 1 year ago

Finally broke 1bn tonight with Han. Han is a multi-ball monster! I'm still yet to complete more than 3 / 8 of the required missions let alone move on to a second character! Game just keeps getting better as I get better.

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just a word of caution, installing PBL shaker voids your warranty. I intend on the shaker being my 6 month SW anniversary gift.

Well, that sucks. Not worth the risk. I'll be returning them. Don't have the pin yet anyway. Marco seems to be out of stock. Who else carries the Stern shaker?

#3925 1 year ago

nvm

#3926 1 year ago

Hyperspace MB question...
I could have sworn that when I first got the game, when I went into hyperspace mb, if I got more than one ball in the hyperspace loop, another ball would enter in, ultimately being able to get as many balls as possible into the loop. However, since that time, when I am lucky enough to get the second ball in the hyperspace loop, I have to watch the two balls spin around for a minute and then wait till both leave the loop and then play a 2-ball mb. I've not gotten this mb more than once per game, so I don't know if when you get hyperspace MB for the 2nd time/game you get 3, then 4, etc...
Does anyone know if I'm having an issue, or is this just this way it's supposed to be? I sure didn't think so... Or is there some setting in the menu that I haven't restored since the last update? I'm running code 1.00. ...haven't updated to 1.01 as of yet. Thanks all!

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I could have sworn that when I first got the game, when I went into hyperspace mb, if I got more than one ball in the hyperspace loop, another ball would enter in, ultimately being able to get as many balls as possible into the loop. However, since that time, when I am lucky enough to get the second ball in the hyperspace loop, I have to watch the two balls spin around for a minute and then wait till both leave the loop and then play a 2-ball mb.

For every ball I get into the Hyperloop during Hyperspace MB, I have always had another ball enter the play field to try to get it into the loop as well. I have not noticed your problem.

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put the Pinball Life shaker in my SW and it was really simple compared to the old SAM machines. I really like the way it works compared to the Cointaker shaker in my Metallica. The Cointaker shaker is way too violent. I need to figure out how to adjust the weights on that one to make it less violent.

have a quick look at this pinside thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor I bought a couple of CT's red tremor shakers and they were crazy violent. this little device worked like a charm in my TWD...

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Well, that sucks. Not worth the risk. I'll be returning them. Don't have the pin yet anyway. Marco seems to be out of stock. Who else carries the Stern shaker?

Game Room Guys seems to

#3930 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I could have sworn that when I first got the game, when I went into hyperspace mb, if I got more than one ball in the hyperspace loop, another ball would enter in, ultimately being able to get as many balls as possible into the loop. However, since that time, when I am lucky enough to get the second ball in the hyperspace loop, I have to watch the two balls spin around for a minute and then wait till both leave the loop and then play a 2-ball mb. I've not gotten this mb more than once per game, so I don't know if when you get hyperspace MB for the 2nd time/game you get 3, then 4, etc...
Does anyone know if I'm having an issue, or is this just this way it's supposed to be? I sure didn't think so... Or is there some setting in the menu that I haven't restored since the last update? I'm running code 1.00. ...haven't updated to 1.01 as of yet. Thanks all!

It should be working like it previously had. The game must not be registering 2 balls in the hyperloop.

#3931 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It should be working like it previously had. The game must not be registering 2 balls in the hyperloop.

Yes, that probably makes the most sense. I wonder how I troubleshoot this, any ideas?

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, that probably makes the most sense. I wonder how I troubleshoot this, any ideas?

There is a hyper loop test in the settings, I would start there. I bet the real issue is that the hurry up timer to get more balls in the hyper loop is simply timing out. When the timer is over, it will whip the ball around another time or two.

Here is the best way to get a lot of balls in the hyper loop: Hyperspace Multiball starts with the value of the hyperspace hurrup as the timer to get the balls in the loop. This value builds by completing the inlanes and pop awards. There should be two yellow shots lit when hyperspace Multiball starts, the left orbit (spinner) and the right ramp. The yellow shots build the hyperspace hurry up higher, extending the amount of time you have to get balls up there. I will always backhand the right ramp before shooting the Death Star to load the hyper loop because it will build the timer in case I miss I'll still have another chance to load it. Hope that helps!

#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a hyper loop test in the settings, I would start there. I bet the real issue is that the hurry up timer to get more balls in the hyper loop is simply timing out. When the timer is over, it will whip the ball around another time or two.
Here is the best way to get a lot of balls in the hyper loop: Hyperspace Multiball starts with the value of the hyperspace hurrup as the timer to get the balls in the loop. This value builds by completing the inlanes and pop awards. There should be two yellow shots lit when hyperspace Multiball starts, the left orbit (spinner) and the right ramp. The yellow shots build the hyperspace hurry up higher, extending the amount of time you have to get balls up there. I will always backhand the right ramp before shooting the Death Star to load the hyper loop because it will build the timer in case I miss I'll still have another chance to load it. Hope that helps!

Thanks guys. Good suggestions. I'll do some exploring, and see if I cant sort this out.

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yup, you were right. Accelerator test was normal. Played a cheat game with glass off to test your recommendations about the yellow shots and increasing the timing to get balls in the loop. Worked fine. Woo!! Good to know all is functional. Thanks!

#3935 1 year ago

I understand how to start Hyperspace Hurry Up but I don't understand how to start Hyperspace Multiball... How do I do that?

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I understand how to start Hyperspace Hurry Up but I don't understand how to start Hyperspace Multiball... How do I do that?

If you activate and get the hyperspace hurry up, after a bit more play, the right ramp and left orbit light yellow again, signifying hyperspace hurry up is ready again (2nd time). If you hit the second hurry up, hyperspace MB begins. I have just learned that if you don't get the ball in the loop before time runs out, it stays as 2 ball MB, however, if you hit right ramp and/or left orbit at start, it adds more time, and if you hit the deathstar shot in time, an additional 3rd ball comes into play, and more time and hit death star shot a 4th ball, and so on...

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

If you activate and get the hyperspace hurry up, after a bit more play, the right ramp and left orbit light yellow again, signifying hyperspace hurry up is ready again (2nd time). If you hit the second hurry up, hyperspace MB begins. I have just learned that if you don't get the ball in the loop before time runs out, it stays as 2 ball MB, however, if you hit right ramp and/or left orbit at start, it adds more time, and if you hit the deathstar shot in time, an additional 3rd ball comes into play, and more time and hit death star shot a 4th ball, and so on...

Is there a trigger to light the hurry up the second time or is it just elapsed time?

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is there a trigger to light the hurry up the second time or is it just elapsed time?

Best I can tell, it's just elapsed time. Sometimes, when starting a new ball, activating hyperspace hurry up it is an option in the path choices.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I believe lighting the four rebel symbols in the inlanes and outlines qualifies Hyperspace Hurryup, which you can then start again by hitting the outer orbit in either direction.

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe lighting the four rebel symbols in the inlanes and outlines qualifies Hyperspace Hurryup, which you can then start again by hitting the outer orbit in either direction.

You need to clear these lanes 4 times for the hurry up multi-ball.

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

...My expectation is a distribution with two peaks. One around 7, one slightly less pronounced at around 9. The first being from those who have played it very little, the latter from those who actually put time into it.
I'll post this when done.

Well, here is the result for the PREMIUM / LE: no two peaks. I love how numbers dont lie.

Distribution SWLE (resized).png

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

You need to clear these lanes 4 times for the hurry up multi-ball.

Just to clarify, you have to complete the Hyperspace Hurryup shot twice to get Hyperspace Multiball. But you're saying that you have to collect all four lane inserts four times to qualify Hyperspace Hurryup a second time, right?

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just to clarify, you have to complete the Hyperspace Hurryup shot twice to get Hyperspace Multiball. But you're saying that you have to collect all four lane inserts four times to qualify Hyperspace Hurryup a second time, right?

This is correct. Start Hyper-space hurry-up, collect it, then complete the rebel lights on the in-lane/outlanes 4 times to start the hurry up again, which will be hyperspace multiball.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

This is correct. Start Hyper-space hurry-up, collect it, then complete the rebel lights on the in-lane/outlanes 4 times to start the hurry up again, which will be hyperspace multiball.

Or choose the "Hyperspace Hurryup" option with characters like Luke/Han to immediately start with the hurryup, if you can complete 2 of those you get MB without ever having to do all of the other shots. It works out to just 2 Deathstar shots.

If I'm having a good game and Tie MB is already in the bag, and I only have 1 hyperspace hurryup completed, then I'll usually use the Hyperspace option to get a free hurryup on that last shot before MB.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Yeah, I think we have the same understanding -- you have to complete the Hyperspace Hurryup shot a second time (after qualifying it by lighting lane inserts, and then starting the hurryup by shooting the outer orbit), and then Hyperspace Multiball begins, with a timed window to load more balls into the hyperloop.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Or choose the "Hyperspace Hurryup" option with characters like Luke/Han to immediately start with the hurryup, if you can complete 2 of those you get MB without ever having to do all of the other shots.

Only downside to this approach is you miss out on the opportunity to build up your multiplier and score a billion points for one-timering the Hyperspace Hurryup. Which is pretty exciting when it happens!

#3946 1 year ago

What are the fixes for the drain out of the horseshoe loop (only from left Flipper to right entrance) and also from the scoop? Just picked up an LE and after the first few games, these unsave-able drains are really frustrating.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are the fixes for the drain out of the horseshoe loop (only from left Flipper to right entrance) and also from the scoop? Just picked up an LE and after the first few games, these unsave-able drains are really frustrating.

The game is extremely sensitive to left/right leveling, so you can try that. I still haven't found the sweet spot though, it seems that if I fix one side, the other side starts making the drains It would be really nice if they included some way to properly level left/right in the playfield the way they do for front/back incline. Or at least provide easy points of reference to make sure you are measuring straight across. It's possible that a true correction to this issue may involve reshaping the loop in some fashion. If I could get that loop to reliably fire the ball at the opposite flipper it would really enhance the game. Some people say that you need to learn to nudge as it is going through the loop but that seems unnecessarily complex and has, what, a millisecond or two of timing? lol.

EDIT: Some have also reported that adding fabric tape to a small area in the back of the loop (to reduce velocity) fixes it. I don't personally like that solution; I want the ball to whip as fast as possible and I also don't want to worry about having to replace tape when it wears out, which will probably be pretty often.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

have a quick look at this pinside thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor I bought a couple of CT's red tremor shakers and they were crazy violent. this little device worked like a charm in my TWD...

Thanks. I ordered a motor speed controller last night and feel confident that will fix the problem. I actually cut my weights to make them lighter and that did almost nothing. The speed controller is a much better idea. From now on I'm buying PBL shakers...

#3949 1 year ago

I installed a very strong tape ''Gorilla transparent tape 15 pounds'' at the end of the loop with a small piece to double the thickness near the end. It make a very tiny little ''bump'' to the ball and 100% of time the ball go to the left flipper. Zero cheap drain and the game is super enjoyable that way. The inner loop remain fast and fun.

I can make it to look better but for the moment it's not visible from the player point of view and i did not bother to improve the look.
I made meetings with my friends and nobody remark the modification. The movement of the ball is super fluids. No wear and the tape will not move at all.

I also made this mod for the tatooine scoop with the same great effect.

IMG_6351 (resized).JPG

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

I installed a very strong tape ''Gorilla transparent tape 15 pounds'' at the end of the loop with a small piece to double the thickness near the end. It make a very tiny little ''bump'' to the ball and 100% of time the ball go to the left flipper. Zero cheap drain and the game is super enjoyable that way. The inner loop remain fast and fun.
I can make it to look better but for the moment it's not visible from the player point of view and i did not bother to improve the look.
I made meetings with my friends and nobody remark the modification. The movement of the ball is super fluids. No wear and the tape will not move at all.
I also made this mod for the tatooine scoop with the same great effect.

Huh, that doesn't sound so bad after all. It can't hurt to try! Would you mind sharing the exact tape you used? Gorilla makes a lot of variations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
There are 8529 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside