IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 301.
#3851 6 years ago

I love the video mode with the shaker!
If you haven't already, you really should add a pinnovators board and a big sub. That shaker plus the sub is awesome!

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I love the video mode with the shaker!
If you haven't already, you really should add a pinsound board and a big sub. That shaker plus the sub is awesome!

I think you mean pinnovators board.

#3853 6 years ago

I added a shaker motor to my Premium and there was a squeak in the cabinet when it went off. Turned out there was no clearance between the hyper space accelerator chute exit and metal support bracket in the cabinet. I filed away about a millimeter from the cabinet support and all is good. This also quieted down the action of the hyperloop. Make sure there is clearance here.

IMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpgIMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpg

#3854 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I think you mean pinnovators board.

Yes! Thanks

#3855 6 years ago

I didnt realize jedi multiball was during defeat of the emperor. Halfway through you get a second ball to defeat the emperor and the flippers go dead when you defeat him And then you start over with new character. If you get a medal with each main mission completed by hitting all the flashing targets during victory multiball you get extra points when getting to the emperor stage by having medals. I think they should make code where you get an extended victory multiball if you defeat the emperor. Right now there is nothing.

#3856 6 years ago

Just curious to know if the code is finalised and finished?. Or still more to come?
Cheers!

#3857 6 years ago

hi all has anyone got the custom code for star wars premium any help appreciated if you could drop me a message thanks

#3858 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just curious to know if the code is finalised and finished?. Or still more to come?
Cheers!

Maybe a couple of bug fix code updates will come yet, but i think it is pretty well done now.

#3859 6 years ago

The Hyper drive diverter should never launch the ball into the glass. So, I don't think all the bugs are worked out yet.

#3860 6 years ago

Are there any non-homemade toppers available for Star Wars? I haven’t found a single one that is currently available. I realize the Stern one should be released eventually, but it seems like a major miss by other vendors if there have been none.

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Are there any non-homemade toppers available for Star Wars? I haven’t found a single one that is currently available. I realize the Stern one should be released eventually, but it seems like a major miss by other vendors if there have been none.

The probably don’t want a C&D letter from Stern. Or Disney. Disney takes that stuff seriously.

#3862 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The probably don’t want a C&D letter from Stern. Or Disney. Disney takes that stuff seriously.

Here is an example of a copyright holder withholding creativity. Disney owns it and can stall all they want.

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Maybe a couple of bug fix code updates will come yet, but i think it is pretty well done now.

I'm hoping some more things are added, not in terms of modes but in regards to video / audio from the movies. The end of ball clips get rather repetitive with the same 3 or so Yoda clips always playing. For a ball that you lose rather quickly it would be funny if a clip of Salacious Crumb laughing played, another for Jabba laughing, and yet another could be Yoda laughing from Empire Strikes back. Star Wars has a decent amount of humor in it yet none of that seems to have translated over to the pinball machine.

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm hoping some more things are added, not in terms of modes but in regards to video / audio from the movies. The end of ball clips get rather repetitive with the same 3 or so Yoda clips always playing. For a ball that you lose rather quickly it would be funny if a clip of Salacious Crumb laughing played, another for Jabba laughing, and yet another could be Yoda laughing from Empire Strikes back. Star Wars has a decent amount of humor in it yet none of that seems to have translated over to the pinball machine.

I agree. I cancel the end of ball clips instantly with double flippers. I also think the mystery clip takes too long to select and there's too much of a delay in returning back to the game once selected. I love the game, but it think it would be better with some additional clips. I wonder why there is almost no Chewie or C-3PO. I know that they don't have modes for them, but they could have some clips with them to create some variety.

#3865 6 years ago

I like the mystery slowdown.... Gives me time to drink my beer.

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Good break sometimes but I don't get why you can't skip the mystery animation with the flippers...

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There are plenty of topper ideas that wouldn’t infringe just like there are lots of side art ideas or playfield mods that work. For a topper, incorporating light sabers or incorporate existing figures or ships that are licensed— just like modding a M.Falcon for the playfield — could be done.

#3868 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

This man has his priorities in order!

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Mystery + free ball + light saber duel = 1 beer

#3870 6 years ago

Mirror blades look awesome in our SW

29746711_10216399387279071_589051983_o (resized).jpg29746711_10216399387279071_589051983_o (resized).jpg

#3871 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Mirror blades look awesome in our SW

I think that my be my next upgrade. Already did the 8" powered subwoofer and the shaker. Not sure about adding any toys.

#3872 6 years ago

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode? On a fast, clean shot, mine fairly often will hit the back up-post, but then bounce out before the front double post can catch it. This seems to happen at least once a game. I'm at 6.5 deg and level. I've tried steeper without change. I tried setting coils to soft hoping for slightly slower flips, but that didn't make a difference either. Optos are clean, both lock mechs are tightened down and the plungers move freely with no binding. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas? Or is this just the nature of the beast and a fast moving shot simply can't consistently be caught in such a small area?

I love the game, but I swear this is the most tweaking I've had to do since Avengers. :/

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode?...

You at current code?

Edit: ha never mind just remembered I haven't updated it to newest code! It doesn't happen often on my machine.

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode? On a fast, clean shot, mine fairly often will hit the back up-post, but then bounce out before the front double post can catch it. This seems to happen at least once a game. I'm at 6.5 deg and level. I've tried steeper without change. I tried setting coils to soft hoping for slightly slower flips, but that didn't make a difference either. Optos are clean, both lock mechs are tightened down and the plungers move freely with no binding. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas? Or is this just the nature of the beast and a fast moving shot simply can't consistently be caught in such a small area?
I love the game, but I swear this is the most tweaking I've had to do since Avengers. :/

Just for some data - I have a pro and the Death Star bounce it extremely rare on mine (maybe happened three times). Hoth is slightly more frequent (one out of 25 shots). I'm running latest code with no changes to coil settings.

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Just for some data - I have a pro and the Death Star bounce it extremely rare on mine (maybe happened three times). Hoth is slightly more frequent (one out of 25 shots). I'm running latest code with no changes to coil settings.

I'm at latest code. Mine is much more frequent from the Death Star, but Hoth definitely does it as well. I had my best game ever earlier today, had every mode completed except one Hoth mode. Two Hoth rejects in a row, then drain. BURN IT WITH FIRE!

#3876 6 years ago

Will we have a topper by Star Wars Day(2018)?

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Will we have a topper by Star Wars Day(2018)?

I will go out on a limb and say yes.

#3878 6 years ago

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

#3879 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

Loving ours more each day. Most games we love from the start and quickly they run stale or repetitive. Star Wars (Premium in our case) kicks our butt in a Good way every-time but its a thrill ride and challenge every time we play. Loving this game more than we expected to seeing as we are the Furthest from Star Wars fans in general.

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Buy with confidence....great game....not easy, but will make u a better pinball player...

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Stern screwed this one up. Empty playfield, horrible artwork, all round boring machine!!!! At least that’s what pinside led many to believe a year ago. This is one of the best pins I’ve played. Speed, adrenaline, the hyper-loop is incredible, jump ramp shot so satisfying, deep ruleset, multiplier and mash button...risk vs. huge reward. It’s a punishing game, but one that can be tamed with tons of play. It has very little chance of getting boring in the home setting and will stick around a long time...if you buy it, you won’t regret it. And the theme will keep the casual player and kids entertained.

#3882 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't have that problem on my Pro, for whatever that is worth. I have it at 6.5 degrees and play using the "director's cut" settings though I don't think that changes anything related to those mechanics.

#3883 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I just have a Pro but from a game/code perspective, I don't understand why this is still only #25 on the Top 100 list. It's easily a top 10 game, IMO. The code and layout are just so damn good. I played a ton of Aerosmith, Metallica, GoT and Dialed In this weekend and those are all great, but Star Wars should easily be considered on par with those, if not better, in my opinion.

#3884 6 years ago

Been playing our Pro for around 4 months now and I'm still lovin' it. Really glad I took a chance and didn't listen to the same old, same olds here. LOL.

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Had mine since November 8th, and it has not gotten old, it has gotten better. Be prepared to hate this pin and to love it, for it is fast and mean, yet oh so satisfying when you do make your shots and rack up the points. Best risk vs. reward pin I've ever played. I will also say that this pin has made me a better player, and my GC scores on my other two pins at home (LOTR & MMr) have more than doubled since SW came into the house.

#3886 6 years ago

Buy with confidence, i have a premium for 3 months and still want to play ''one more game''
There's so many way to play, you don't have the feeling to play the same game again.
With easy tweaks to fix ''cheap drain'' you will have a fantastic and fun pin to play.
The lights show are amazing, and the best satisfying shot ever is destroy the Death Star.
Star Wars theme is well integrated, if you're a Star Wars fan, you will get a nice Star Wars immersion.
Too much to say about this pinball, fast, fun, great soundtrack, great rules and super fun center button to move multiplicator, add a ball, destroy Tie Fitghter and etc ...

Serious players will find a great challenge to score high and try to reach Jedi Multiball and casual players will have fun just to shoot random shots everywhere

#3887 6 years ago

Ok, i think i am going to buy a pro. Where do you guys recommend i purchase from? Does everyone have the same price?

#3888 6 years ago

Good input guys. How about the hyper loop? Is it working correctly now with updated code? Any concerns with node boards at this point?

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good input guys. How about the hyper loop? Is it working correctly now with updated code? Any concerns with node boards at this point?

No problems with node boards, but the hyperloop still can send the ball into the glass when the diverter doesn’t activate correctly. Some have also experienced slow hyperloop speeds...which I’m guessing Stern is working on both. Besides occasionally being irritating...the loud bang against the glass, it has worked great for me. I HIGHLY recommend the hyperloop/prem/le.

I see you’re from not too far away...3 hours. If you ever head up my way, you’re welcome to play as much as you want on my Premium to help you decide.

#3890 6 years ago

Yes the hyperloop is awesome. Such a satisfying shot. I first purchased a pro and loved it, then upgraded to a premium and it’s an all time favorite.

#3891 6 years ago

I am very glad I went with a Premium. The extra features are totally worth it, plus it will pay back in trade/resale should you ever have to part with it. I will echo what has been said- it is making me a better player and who would have expected that out of a pin? The flow is awesome and you better get your shots right or you will burn.

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm hoping some more things are added, not in terms of modes but in regards to video / audio from the movies. The end of ball clips get rather repetitive with the same 3 or so Yoda clips always playing.

I think some some additional Lightsaber/Escape Boba Fett style modes would be fun - Escape Boba Fett isn't even from the movies. Which is fine with me...

Maybe change up the second asteroid field mode to include something fun. Maybe spelling force could enable a training mode on degobah? Maybe the "Targeting Computer" items can be made a little more clear/intuitive on what's available and what is earned with some scene integration?

I agree on the Yoda comment. Out of habit I double flipper through him most of the time without thinking. Salicious Crumb laughing would be a great addition. Maybe some other "now release your anger, and your path to the dark side will be complete" quote would be awesome? So many options...

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

I think some some additional Lightsaber/Escape Boba Fett style modes would be fun - Escape Boba Fett isn't even from the movies. Which is fine with me...
Maybe change up the second asteroid field mode to include something fun. Maybe spelling force could enable a training mode on degobah? Maybe the "Targeting Computer" items can be made a little more clear/intuitive on what's available and what is earned with some scene integration?
I agree on the Yoda comment. Out of habit I double flipper through him most of the time without thinking. Salicious Crumb laughing would be a great addition. Maybe some other "now release your anger, and your path to the dark side will be complete" quote would be awesome? So many options...

It would be cool for there to be some coding on quick drains from the emporer, perhaps “I can feel your anger” with that snarky laugh he has.

Need some chewy sounds and some more Darth Vader action would be cool.

I wish they were able to animate the tie fighters a bit instead of just having them floating/static on the display as well, minor gripe but could add a bit more visual depth to the game.

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Moving the multipliers and hitting the tie fighter button are simply maddening! At first it frustrated and annoyed me because it made me drain. Now I rise to the challenge and embrace it as part of the fun of the game.

I still mess up my 40x scoring shot a lot because I was one slot off or worse, moved it but did not turn it back on! Doh! I will slap the Tie fighter button like a crazy person and go for a few more hits and drain. Doh! But I never blame the game anymore - my fault. Play again!

So many ways to play. Surprised by how much fun this maddening game is.

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It would be cool for there to be some coding on quick drains from the emporer, perhaps “I can feel your anger” with that snarky laugh he has.

Don't they already use that for tilts?

#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Don't they already use that for tilts?

The laugh... yes but don’t recall the I can feel your anger. Besides, don’t tilt too often anyway.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The laugh... yes but don’t recall the I can feel your anger. Besides, don’t tilt too often anyway.

I think I've gotten 'I can feel your anger' and 'take your Jedi weapon, use it, strike me down' etc sometimes. Seemed to be tied to frequency of tilts? Unless I'm just imagining that. Very nice touch though.

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It’s still probably my “go to” machine as it’s fast and challenging with great sound and light show. It could be coincidental but hyper loop balls hitting the glass seems considerably less frequent with the latest code update. SW is deep enough, but it’s a far cry from Lotr or tspp; I think Ritchie has said that he wanted it that way. It’s taken a fair amount of dialing in to minimize cheap drains but it can still be a monster. I think the multiplier feature is awesome and adds a sense of depth that might be missing a little from the modes, but it is too confusing for a novice. As far as durability goes, it seems sturdier than my other Stern, probably because of the corner brackets (not sure if they are on the premium tho). Overall, it’s a worthy purchase if you are inclined.

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I just have a Pro but from a game/code perspective, I don't understand why this is still only #25 on the Top 100 list. It's easily a top 10 game, IMO. The code and layout are just so damn good. I played a ton of Aerosmith, Metallica, GoT and Dialed In this weekend and those are all great, but Star Wars should easily be considered on par with those, if not better, in my opinion.

This is because lots of people feel qualified to rate it after only a few games. And those first games are admittedly really frustrating.

I've already stated to transfer all ratings into an excel. Did about 60 up to now. My expectation is a distribution with two peaks. One around 7, one slightly less pronounced at around 9. The first being from those who have played it very little, the latter from those who actually put time into it.

I'll post this when done.

#3900 6 years ago

I battled late into the night to face this guy. Successful I was not.

IMG_20161031_185033582 (resized).jpgIMG_20161031_185033582 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/78?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.