SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 302.
#3801 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The timer will stop eventually if there are no switch hits. Once it stops you have to hit another switch to restart it. I like to cradle on the right flipper and hold the ball as long as i can and then make an easy, low risk backhand to the right ramp to start the timer ticking down again.
At the end of the day, LSD is only like 5 shots, most of the time i find it easiest to just hit those shots and be done with it.

They’re risky shots on my machine. Those loops are wild and can end in a sdtm even on a perfect shot. I usually play the first one, but I’ll definitly time-out any subsequent ones.

#3802 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The timer will stop eventually if there are no switch hits. Once it stops you have to hit another switch to restart it. I like to cradle on the right flipper and hold the ball as long as i can and then make an easy, low risk backhand to the right ramp to start the timer ticking down again.
At the end of the day, LSD is only like 5 shots, most of the time i find it easiest to just hit those shots and be done with it.

My biggest gripe is the lighting... When it changes color there is a brief moment of no light and I either loose the ball or it throws my timing.

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I replaced the flipper rubbers on my machine with titan rubber rings bit I feel like the new ones dont grab the balls as well. Does anyone know what is on the original flippers? Or reccomendations on what company to buy from?

This is the only after market rubber I'll use now. Comes in cool colors, doesn't wear, cleans up nicely, and most importantly, plays just like real rubber... plus Terry is a great guy to buy from.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4014

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I unboxed my SW Pro last Thursday at the Museum of Pinball as one of the Stern DEMO pins at Arcade Expo 4.0. On site I added a shaker motor and Stern side blades. Once home I tuned it up and added a few toys. I'm still getting use to the game, modes, shots, etc.... but loving it.
#1 Question for you:
When I do the inner loop left to right the ball drains SDTM. Suggestions to stop the STDM?
#2 Question for you:
When I shoo the outer orbit right to left I get a STDM the middle drain. Suggestions to stop this one?

Good call on going Pro! Here’s where my bubble sits and I have zero cheap drains from the orbit or horseshoe.

10C6F197-5384-4CB6-B5AF-1E941A7E0CE7 (resized).jpeg10C6F197-5384-4CB6-B5AF-1E941A7E0CE7 (resized).jpeg

#3805 6 years ago

Light Saber Duel obviously needs some adjustments. I hope they have an update for it soon.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

This is the only after market rubber I'll use now. Comes in cool colors, doesn't wear, cleans up nicely, and most importantly, plays just like real rubber... plus Terry is a great guy to buy from.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4014

I'll second this. I've tried them all, these play the closest to red rubber as they get. Titans are a close-ish second. Super Bands are trash.

#3807 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I replaced the flipper rubbers on my machine with titan rubber rings bit I feel like the new ones dont grab the balls as well. Does anyone know what is on the original flippers? Or reccomendations on what company to buy from?

Thats interesting...I replaced the factory rubbers with Titans and my Titans grab the ball much better....

#3808 6 years ago

I definitely agree on the super bands being the worst. Using black silicone, those are just fine.

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'll second this. I've tried them all, these play the closest to red rubber as they get. Titans are a close-ish second. Super Bands are trash.

I use Super Bands and they seem to be a bit more sticky then the original black rubber, but like anything you want to work to your liking you should try all your options and see what works for you.

#3810 6 years ago

I have tried them all. Superbands, Titan, Pinball Life, stock. The differences are there, but after 10 or so games, you know how they play, then they just become "normal". I actually like stock black Stern now, but they leave black smear on the flipper bats, so for that reason I use Superbands now on Sterns. Superbands last the longest for sure. Pinball Life Perfect Play are the most "bouncy".

#3811 6 years ago

Are the black stock stern rubber bands traditional rubber? Where can I buy these from? Titans are okay, but i just feel like they dont grab as well.

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Are the black stock stern rubber bands traditional rubber? Where can I buy these from? Titans are okay, but i just feel like they dont grab as well.

Yes they are traditional black rubber.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6695

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I'm not sure if any places online sell the Stern stock 'suzo-happ' rubbers but I find Marco rubbers to be pretty close

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm not sure that's true... I have trapped the ball with the plan of waiting it out and the timer stopped ticking down. Very annoying.

You can change that if you want, it's somewhere in the settings. But unfortunately that means the timer won't hold for you when you do want it and when the ball is bouncing around the pop pumpers.

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

My biggest gripe is the lighting... When it changes color there is a brief moment of no light and I either loose the ball or it throws my timing.

I absolutely love that lighting, it creates such cool ambiance. I wouldn't want them to change it, personally

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You can change that if you want, it's somewhere in the settings. But unfortunately that means the timer won't hold for you when you do want it and when the ball is bouncing around the pop pumpers.

Does that affect all modes or just Lightsaber Duel?

#3817 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does that affect all modes or just Lightsaber Duel?

I believe all, it's a general setting in regards to whether the timer pauses when the flippers are idle.

#3818 6 years ago

My wife keeps blowing up the Death Star, and I haven’t even done it once! Love the game, but why can’t I blow the thing up. I guess I gotta practic more.

#3819 6 years ago

I was having trouble with my hyperloop with the ball going around and around. About 1-2 months ago the balls wouldnt go around the full 4 times and on hyperspace multiball would not stay going. When i first got the machine, it worked fine. I replaced the balls and this made a world of difference. Problem solved. Just wanted to let people know if they have same problem.

#3820 6 years ago

The only thing i havent done is jedi multiball? Anyone ever done this and how do you achieve it?

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

The only thing i havent done is jedi multiball? Anyone ever done this and how do you achieve it?

I’ve done it, you need to finish all the modes, get 100 TIE fighters, complete Escape Boba Fett, Complete Lightsaber duel, and advance your Jedi training to Master to qualify the final wizard mode. It actually starts out as a single ball mode and adds more balls as the mode goes on.

#3822 6 years ago

I did it! Finally!! Right after complaining I haven’t done it...BOOM!

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Awesome!!! The best part is it still feels awesome when you do it again later.....it never gets old!!

#3824 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I’ve done it, you need to finish all the modes, get 100 TIE fighters, complete Escape Boba Fett, Complete Lightsaber duel, and advance your Jedi training to Master to qualify the final wizard mode. It actually starts out as a single ball mode and adds more balls as the mode goes on.

On a pro or premium?

#3826 6 years ago

Good grief - any updates on a topper, or plunger rods?

#3827 6 years ago

What’s the consensus on more SW content being added in final update?

I’m loving this game but sure would like to see maybe an additional mission to choose from on each planet and perhaps some more voice content. Need some chewy, jabba, more Vader and storm trooper action!

Maybe polish the video content a bit in attract mode, some clips seem done well and some end very abruptly.

Wishful thinking- this game is pretty close to perfect

#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m loving this game but sure would like to see maybe an additional mission to choose from on each planet ...

Ummmm no.

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Awesome! Takes a while to find the right girl sometimes! Congrats!

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m loving this game but sure would like to see maybe an additional mission to choose from on each planet and perhaps some more voice content. Need some chewy, jabba, more Vader and storm trooper action!
Maybe polish the video content a bit in attract mode, some clips seem done well and some end very abruptly.
Wishful thinking- this game is pretty close to perfect

I'm pretty happy the way it is. I DO love the idea of extended video clips during attract mode, though.

#3831 6 years ago

They aren't going to add mission that don;t have inserts.

#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They aren't going to add mission that don;t have inserts.

you have a selection of missions to choose from to suffice endor/hoth/tattooine 1-3. Not saying have a 4th insert just more options to choose from within the original footprint.

I generally like whats there but there are a couple that seem very basic and repetitive

#3833 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

you have a selection of missions to choose from to suffice endor/hoth/tattooine 1-3. Not saying have a 4th insert just more options to choose from within the original footprint.

Hey man I'm with you that would be great...just don;t see any it happening.

#3834 6 years ago

As far as code goes, the Hyperdrive diverter issue needs to be addressed.

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How would you have more options than these 3 when there's only three inserts per group?

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How would you have more options than these 3 when there's only three inserts per group?

Easy, on endor I seem to get the speeder bike and duel on cloud city quite a bit. Can there not be more scenes to choose from to complete? Really don't see how what I'm suggesting has anything to do with inserts on the PF.

#3837 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey man I'm with you that would be great...just don;t see any it happening.

Your probably correct - just wishful thinking, it's a really enjoyable game so far.

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Easy, on endor I seem to get the speeder bike and duel on cloud city quite a bit. Can there not be more scenes to choose from to complete? Really don't see how what I'm suggesting has anything to do with inserts on the PF.

Choose other characters then?

#3839 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It's not going to happen. 1.0 seems to be where a game is now considered (feature) complete. Except for bug fixes as necessary of course.

Rob

#3840 6 years ago

Yeah, maybe little stuff like menu tweaks for how Light Sabre Duel works, but I can't imagine they'll be adding whole new modes. But if Dwight were going to do that, I'd hope he would add a unique Video Mode so you don't end up navigating the asteroid field twice per game.

#3841 6 years ago

This is on my SW Pro. Any clue what it means ?

AE42EA6B-1DCE-461C-BAEC-77393728384F (resized).jpegAE42EA6B-1DCE-461C-BAEC-77393728384F (resized).jpeg

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Choose other characters then?

The only mission I would like to see is replacing the doubled up video mode. But yes, mixing up characters helps. I just realized since the latest update we never selected Leia and her high score was still default.

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

This is on my SW Pro. Any clue what it means ?

That was the code name on creation Stern used for this game SW. Thread on this topic if your interested.

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you think there is a pool of missions that get randomly selected... That's not the case. There are 4 missions for each battle/planet and that's it. Depending on which character you choose, you can only do certain ones (which corresponds to which events they were present for in the movies). There is no randomness and there aren't more than what the inserts indicate.

#3845 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you think there is a pool of missions that get randomly selected... That's not the case. There are 4 missions for each battle/planet and that's it. Depending on which character you choose, you can only do certain ones (which corresponds to which events they were present for in the movies). There is no randomness and there aren't more than what the inserts indicate.

I wasn't trying to imply there is a pool of missions but I think perhaps there should(could) be some more to choose from so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and it would also give the game a little more randomness. Same applies to the video mode.

I was just trying to create some discussion on what could potentially be tweaked, added, polished as stern has said is coming in the last few Stern of the Unions.

#3846 6 years ago

I'm hoping for either a second video mode, or a different (non-video) mode used for Hoth 1. You should not get the same mode from both the Force targets and Hoth. I do like the mode (and I'm usually not huge on video modes), but I don't want to do it twice in the same game. Maybe add a stormtrooper blasting mode similar to BSD's vid mode?

You also shouldn't have to play Light Saber Duel again if you beat it. It would be nice if you could choose to pass on the mode (even the first time). Ultimate wish would be a completely new mode for the second, third, etc completion of the FORCE targets, but that's wishful thinking.

Amazing game just as it is though. Any tweaks from here will be icing on the cake!

#3847 6 years ago

I believe once you beat LSD, the next time you play it, it is for one of the other characters. Pretty sure the 2nd time you're in it, one of other characters light will be lit up.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

And then if so, what happens if you beat it 4 times? Will it stop being lit?

#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe once you beat LSD

Good advice - first step is admitting you have a problem. Tough habit.

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe once you beat LSD, the next time you play it, it is for one of the other characters. Pretty sure the 2nd time you're in it, one of other characters light will be lit up.
Does anyone know if that is correct?
And then if so, what happens if you beat it 4 times? Will it stop being lit?

Huh- really? I'll have to pay more attention. It is pretty frustrating going back to LSD after a solid beat. I've never actually beat it more than once.

#3850 6 years ago

Installed a shaker yesterday. A little furstrating when it fired and suprised me the first couple times - resulting in a couple drains. However, it is really fun and makes the game more immersive. I expect to have my edge back very soon...

Blew up the Death Star on Endor. I expected the legs to drill into the floor. It was more fun with shaker, but no where near over-the-top. Well done, Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/77?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.