SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 302.
#3751 6 years ago

All I can say is "Must have for pro" It took 30 min to install and looks great. Check out pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/limited-run-tatooine-and-hoth-mods-star-wars-pinball

Thanks PinballCharlie

15216819470201404223974 (resized).jpg15216819470201404223974 (resized).jpg

20180321_212103 (resized).jpg20180321_212103 (resized).jpg

20180321_212115 (resized).jpg20180321_212115 (resized).jpg

20180321_212136 (resized).jpg20180321_212136 (resized).jpg

#3752 6 years ago

Anyone have a definitive solution for fan noise on a premium? I’d just like silent. I did some searching around but didn’t get to a final resolution.

#3753 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

All I can say is "Must have for pro" It took 30 min to install and looks great. Check out

Honestly this mod looks totally alien and out of place to me. Been seeing posts about it from the beginning and just don't understand what draws people to it. To each his own I guess.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Honestly this mod looks totally alien and out of place to me. Been seeing posts about it from the beginning and just don't understand what draws people to it. To each his own I guess.

Yeah those are rough

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have a definitive solution for fan noise on a premium? I’d just like silent. I did some searching around but didn’t get to a final resolution.

I bought a really quiet 80mm fan, glued on two rare earth magnet disks and stuck it in the backbox just above the power supply pointing upward. This fan runs 100% of the time the machine is powered on and draws air up through the power supply enough to keep the noisy fan from ever coming on. Once you put the backglass on the added fan is basically silent. My fan has not come on since I bought this. YMMV.

Here are a few more details. I purposely bought a non-PWM fan the Noctua FLX model. It came with a 2-pin molex adapter cable which I cut and installed a standard Stern 12v power connector onto. I also bought the Stern 8-way power splitter from Pinball Life. This splitter is cool and it also uses magnets to stick onto the metal back box. Links below. Also, pictures show the magnet installation with five minute epoxy and an overall shot that shows the installation location along with the power splitter. It is very important that the fan blows upward to aid in the natural convection rather than fight it.

http://a.co/03lwGmV

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4359

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3893

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

20180321_230857 (resized).jpg20180321_230857 (resized).jpg
20180321_230757 (resized).jpg20180321_230757 (resized).jpg

#3756 6 years ago

What would be the consequences of removing the power supply cover completely? Would electrical noise interfere with machine operation?

#3757 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I bought a really quiet 80mm fan, glued on two rare earth magnet disks and stuck it in the backbox just above the power supply pointing upward. This fan runs 100% of the time the machine is powered on and draws air up through the power supply enough to keep the noisy fan from ever coming on. Once you put the backglass on the added fan is basically silent. My fan has not come on since I bought this. YMMV.
Here are a few more details. I purposely bought a non-PWM fan the Noctua FLX model. It came with a 2-pin molex adapter cable which I cut and installed a standard Stern 12v power connector onto. I also bought the Stern 8-way power splitter from Pinball Life. This splitter is cool and it also uses magnets to stick onto the metal back box. Links below. Also, pictures show the magnet installation with five minute epoxy and an overall shot that shows the installation location along with the power splitter. It is very important that the fan blows upward to aid in the natural convection rather than fight it.
http://a.co/03lwGmV
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4359
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3893
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

Cool! (No pun intended).....

What size are those magnets?? I’ve already got the fan ordered....

#3758 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I completely agree. I appreciate the work that went into them, but the end product just doesn't cut it. Not even close. They looks completely out of place and awkward and don't even remotely blend into the game. Sorry creator, sometimes we swing and miss and sometimes we hit a homerun. These are the former IMO.

#3759 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I completely agree. I appreciate the work that went into them, but the end product just doesn't cut it. Not even close. They looks completely out of place and awkward and don't even remotely blend into the game. Sorry creator, sometimes we swing and miss and sometimes we hit a homerun. These are the former IMO.

No problem, kt; I love criticism - that leads to better products

This particular design decision was meant to stand out; the color scheme coordinates with the shot colors on the playfield for the three worlds (green/sand/ice). As it is, there is virtually no artwork or toys for Hoth, Endor or Tatooine.

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I like the concept and appreciate the effort but agree that the designs and placement feel a bit incongruent with the game. I greatly prefer some of the space ship mods using the Armada Star Destroyer which looks great in the right rear corner as several have posted and tasteful additions of X-wings and Tie Fighters either from the miniatures game, hot wheels, etc.

#3761 6 years ago

I like the world mods. Star Wars wasn’t all in space, and the worlds in the game play (Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor) had no representation in the game, except a lighted insert. To me they are placed well, and not obtrusive. That said, not everyone will like certain, or any, mods. That’s the fun of pinball...you make your game the way you like it.

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Cool! (No pun intended).....
What size are those magnets?? I’ve already got the fan ordered....

These are the same. They come in handy for all kinds of things.

DIYMAG 15pcs 1.26”D x 0.08”H Powerful Neodymium Disc Magnets, Strong, Permanent, Rare Earth Magnets, Fridge, DIY, Building, Scientific, Craft, and Office Magnets, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD2XYYP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.49SAbRFMNXXF

#3763 6 years ago

Anybody had issues with Stern responding to technical issues? I sent them an email three days ago with no response. The good news is I figured out my problem with the help of fellow pinsiders, but its pretty bad that they haven't even responded. JJP and CGC have always responded in less than 24 hours....

#3764 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anybody had issues with Stern responding to technical issues?

Not when I call.

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anybody had issues with Stern responding to technical issues? I sent them an email three days ago with no response. The good news is I figured out my problem with the help of fellow pinsiders, but its pretty bad that they haven't even responded. JJP and CGC have always responded in less than 24 hours....

I would call first, then send email as a followup as needed.

#3766 6 years ago

Phones still work great for contacting people

#3767 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whaaaat??? You mean *gasp* talk to someone?

Yea, they are not that great at email follow-up.

#3768 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...I get it....JJP an CGC like email correspondence prior to phone contact....I guess I'm trained wrong....will try the phone route...

#3769 6 years ago

Also people seem to get best results from Stern going through their distributor (assuming you bought NIB).

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Also people seem to get best results from Stern going through their distributor (assuming you bought NIB).

Yes, but its very inefficient ....I prefer to speak to someone directly if possible. The good news I figured out my problem....one of the set screws was never installed on the Death Star linkage in the back of the play field. I picked one up at the local hardware store today

#3771 6 years ago

I'm playing around with my new game. I added the following two Hot Wheels 40th anniversary ships to the back. I used a 1/16" aluminum rod with a glue gun. I tilted it away from the back so it would not scratch the artwork. I like it but I am not sure if I am comfortable with it in the game. I realize that the game does not really need anything else but I am buying toys for my toys.

Any comments or criticisms welcome. Thank you. Michael

IMG_1961 (resized).jpgIMG_1961 (resized).jpg

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I'm playing around with my new game. I added the following two Hot Wheels 40th anniversary ships to the back. I used a 1/16" aluminum rod with a glue gun. I tilted it away from the back so it would not scratch the artwork. I like it but I am not sure if I am comfortable with it in the game. I realize that the game does not really need anything else but I am buying toys for my toys.

I like the tie fighter, but not the x-wing. The positioning seems off with the x-wing going right at the tie fighter. That said...it’s your game. If you think it’s cool and are happy, leave it. Glad your having fun with your machine.

On further exam, I see what your doing...3D version of what’s going on on the background. Actually, pretty cool.

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Looks good....if you like it keep it....

#3774 6 years ago

I like it too. Good job!

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Look good. I would play with the angles of the ships a little bit. Maybe it would be better to not just see the whole side panel of the tie-fighter and see the front also? Like flying at an angle down the PF?

#3776 6 years ago

I redid the two ships in the back. I originally used a 1/16" hollow aluminum rod and a glue gun. The ships shook like jelly. I bought 3/32" solid aluminum rods and they work much better. The ships feel like they are solidly in place. I added the Star Destroyer to the right of the small display and Darth Vader's ship to the right of the ramp at the entrance.

For those interested. I tried to find the Hot Wheels ships for Star Wars Episodes IV, V, and VI at the local stores. Everything was for the new movies. I was able to find a set of 12 40th Anniversary Disney Star Wars Hot Wheels on Amazon for $25. This includes two sets of 6 ships (Millennium Falcon, X Wing Fighter, Y Wing Fighter, Tie Fighter, Darth Vader Tie, and Star Destroyer). Local Stores (Walmart, Target) were selling the Hot Wheels for about $5.00 each. So this was a much better price and I received ships that were correct for the movies.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G5L8DB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02

IMG_1972 (resized).jpgIMG_1972 (resized).jpg
IMG_1973 (resized).jpgIMG_1973 (resized).jpg
IMG_1974 (resized).jpgIMG_1974 (resized).jpg

#3777 6 years ago

Ok, you kind of lost me with the tiny star destroyer. Ick. I thought the x-wing and tie fighter were good and like that you made them movie accurate.

#3778 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Ok, you kind of lost me with the tiny star destroyer. Ick. I thought the x-wing and tie fighter were good and like that you made them movie accurate.

The video showed the Star Destroyer. Since everything can come off or moved easily, I am playing around with the game. Although I should simply be playing the game more....

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

The video showed the Star Destroyer. Since everything can come off or moved easily, I am playing around with the game. Although I should simply be playing the game more....

Since you’re asking opinion, I’d move the star destroyer to the upper left, near the Death Star. It would be guarding the Death Star from the attack from the millennium falcon. Man, I feel like a geek playing with my Star Wars toys.

#3780 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Since you’re asking opinion, I’d move the star destroyer to the upper left, near the Death Star. It would be guarding the Death Star from the attack from the millennium falcon. Man, I feel like a geek playing with my Star Wars toys.

Thank you. I will move it around and see how it looks.

This was just a way to get comfortable with adding my own stuff to a game rather than buying a mod (which I also do too much of). I mistakenly thought crazy glue would work. From experience, I can tell you it doesn't and it does not dry. (I should have known.) I was able to clean up the two ships and try again with the hollow 1/16" aluminum rod and glue gun. That worked ok but did not feel secure. It was great that the glue solidly held the rod to the ship but I was still able to easily pry it apart with no damage to try again with the solid 3/32" aluminum rod.

Now off to play my new Star Wars (and Ghostbusters) and hopefully someday my Houdini will arrive...

#3781 6 years ago

I like the tie fighter and xwing in the back. dnapac has a good idea with the star destroyer. It looks kind of silly near the other ships, due to its scale.

#3782 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I like the tie fighter and xwing in the back. dnapac has a good idea with the star destroyer. It looks kind of silly near the other ships, due to its scale.

I agree with this also. Try putting the star destroyer closer to the Death Star and see how it looks. Alternatively, consider upsizing to the larger Armada Star Destroyers which looks really good in the pics I've seen. Enjoy your game! Ultimately it only matters what you like but sometimes other opinions are helpful.

#3783 6 years ago

You don't want it too close to the Death Star.. What if you actually blow it up?

#3784 6 years ago

Lol. Then it’s 2 for 1 and you blow up both!

#3785 6 years ago

A quick shout out to Chuck who made the “Worlds” mods. It got couple negative comments a bit back. It’s worth a second look. This is one of those mods where photos just don’t do it justice. They look great under the glass. Definitely 3d printed but then he painted and put a kind of glossy wash and sanded out most of the layer lines and they look great. Especially the Hoth mod with the AT-AT walker on the pop bumper. Great combo.

I’d say Endor is my least favorite, but still worthy. I love the way it marks the shots for the world and modes they are associated with. Helps with the theme integration and makes it clearer why you are shooting certain shots.

1545E835-E91F-4FF4-90F0-BFFBD3B0D57C (resized).jpeg1545E835-E91F-4FF4-90F0-BFFBD3B0D57C (resized).jpeg

0013BB2C-A634-44E4-AAAC-4A2C621953EC (resized).jpeg0013BB2C-A634-44E4-AAAC-4A2C621953EC (resized).jpeg

91C6C6E6-1864-4569-8836-5C92CDA9DFEC (resized).jpeg91C6C6E6-1864-4569-8836-5C92CDA9DFEC (resized).jpeg

DBF74795-40D8-4984-A4D5-7227902BF5E3 (resized).jpegDBF74795-40D8-4984-A4D5-7227902BF5E3 (resized).jpeg

#3786 6 years ago

Chuck’s mods look awesome. The Hoth mod towards the back with th pop bumper AT-AT looks killer, certainly my favorite! I’m going to paint my Endor forest so it’s not too bright green and blends a bit more with the darker colors in the game. I still have to install Tatooine. @paynemic, how did you get it to sit level?

Overall, very pleased. Thanks again Chuck for the time and investment adding more greatness to an already fantastic game!

968308E1-451F-4854-829C-74A7FF61D151 (resized).jpeg968308E1-451F-4854-829C-74A7FF61D151 (resized).jpeg

420C7AC7-8FBD-416C-800B-4D046C74ABD4 (resized).jpeg420C7AC7-8FBD-416C-800B-4D046C74ABD4 (resized).jpeg

70771A8B-5D7D-4435-A071-9EE97D4BBB2A (resized).jpeg70771A8B-5D7D-4435-A071-9EE97D4BBB2A (resized).jpeg

#3787 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Chuck’s mods look awesome. The Hoth mod towards the back with th pop bumper AT-AT looks killer, certainly my favorite! I’m going to paint my Endor forest so it’s not too bright green and blends a bit more with the darker colors in the game. I still have to install Tatooine. paynemic, how did you get it to sit level?
Overall, very pleased. Thanks again Chuck for the time and investment adding more greatness to an already fantastic game!

Not sure what you mean about level. Mine all sat very nicely level. I’m on a premium machine. Does that make a difference?

#3788 6 years ago

How do you order these?

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How do you order these?

PM @pinballcharlie. Or do a forum search. Well made, cool looking mods.

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How do you order these?

I'm working on the website - I'll need another week to get it up. You'll be able to purchase on the site and also on Pinside very soon. I'll sell individual worlds or the complete set... just... need... a little more time

Just a placeholder now but

www.pinworlds.com

#3791 6 years ago

I unboxed my SW Pro last Thursday at the Museum of Pinball as one of the Stern DEMO pins at Arcade Expo 4.0. On site I added a shaker motor and Stern side blades. Once home I tuned it up and added a few toys. I'm still getting use to the game, modes, shots, etc.... but loving it.

#1 Question for you:
When I do the inner loop left to right the ball drains SDTM. Suggestions to stop the STDM?

#2 Question for you:
When I shoo the outer orbit right to left I get a STDM the middle drain. Suggestions to stop this one?

IMG_0310 (resized).jpgIMG_0310 (resized).jpgIMG_0317 (resized).jpgIMG_0317 (resized).jpgIMG_0342 (resized).jpgIMG_0342 (resized).jpg
#3792 6 years ago

Pitch 6.5 degrees. Download pinguy app and position iPhone/iPad resting on flipper.
Level perfectly side to side.

Besides pitch and leveling. The adjustments I have done or read about to prevent sdtm or cheap drains.
1) move the posts (right and left) down on the side drain lanes. It’s not cheating in my view if it makes your game more fun.
2) adjust the shooter lane guide. Remove the plastic above it to get at the screw to adjust it out or in.
3) adjust your coil strength in the service menu. Yes, it affects all coils, but it helped with cheap drains.
4) I read someone put a piece of thick tape near the top of the horseshoe loop. This caused drag on the ball as it whipped around there and changed the trajectory.
Hopefully one, or a combo of these, helps. It’s a very picky game, but once you get it setup right, it’s a blast to play.

#3793 6 years ago

Chuck, the pitch seem very sensitive on this pin. Try different angles. I still get SDTM sometimes shooting the left to right inner loop. I never got the orbit drains, though.

#3794 6 years ago

I replaced the flipper rubbers on my machine with titan rubber rings bit I feel like the new ones dont grab the balls as well. Does anyone know what is on the original flippers? Or reccomendations on what company to buy from?

#3795 6 years ago

I am really starting to loath Lightsaber Duel. On a really good game (for me) I have completed Endor, and blown up the Death Star on ball 1 or 2, then blow thru the next 2-3 balls (including any earned extra balls) in forced Lightsaber Duel. Hell, it's so dark I can hardly see the ball. Hate that mode.

#3796 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I am really starting to loath Lightsaber Duel. On a really good game (for me) I have completed Endor, and blown up the Death Star on ball 1 or 2, then blow thru the next 2-3 balls (including any earned extra balls) in forced Lightsaber Duel. Hell, it's so dark I can hardly see the ball. Hate that mode.

I think you can time that mode out? It’s not that long of a wait.

#3797 6 years ago

The other day I had a great game and had 2 of the three planet multiballs done and defeated light saber duel. I was working to starting another planet multiball when lightsaber duel popped up again. I thought once you completed it you were done until you started your next character. Does it just keep re-lighting if you hit the Force targets enough? If so...ugh!

#3798 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I unboxed my SW Pro last Thursday at the Museum of Pinball as one of the Stern DEMO pins at Arcade Expo 4.0. On site I added a shaker motor and Stern side blades. Once home I tuned it up and added a few toys. I'm still getting use to the game, modes, shots, etc.... but loving it.
#1 Question for you:
When I do the inner loop left to right the ball drains SDTM. Suggestions to stop the STDM?
#2 Question for you:
When I shoo the outer orbit right to left I get a STDM the middle drain. Suggestions to stop this one?

I used to get a lot more of this specific STDM on a fast left loop when I first got my machine, but now I see far fewer. I’m not sure if I am either anticipating and compensating for them or if I am flat out using the force. If I could find a midichlorian meter somewhere, I’d pay big money to get tested, because I think it’s the latter.

#3799 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think you can time that mode out? It’s not that long of a wait.

I'm not sure that's true... I have trapped the ball with the plan of waiting it out and the timer stopped ticking down. Very annoying.

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm not sure that's true... I have trapped the ball with the plan of waiting it out and the timer stopped ticking down. Very annoying.

The timer will stop eventually if there are no switch hits. Once it stops you have to hit another switch to restart it. I like to cradle on the right flipper and hold the ball as long as i can and then make an easy, low risk backhand to the right ramp to start the timer ticking down again.

At the end of the day, LSD is only like 5 shots, most of the time i find it easiest to just hit those shots and be done with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.