20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 300.
#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The only reason I’m excited for the topper is if they have been holding onto a more significant code update pending the topper being released that further supports it.
The most recent update basically fixed one bug and called it a day.

Nah, they’re pretty much done with code I think. Bug fixes from here on out unless Dwight gets bored of his home unit. Luckily the code is already excellent!

#3652 6 years ago

I just received my Star Wars Premium and Ghostbusters Premium (but still in the box). It looks beautiful. I have enjoyed one game on it so far and have a lot to learn. I am surprised there is no coin door high power cut off switch. Since I repair pinballs, I dread when I am working on a machine without one. I just need to remember not to do anything stupid (which I have done before). The clear plastic on the left ramp was cracked at the right screw. Sent the info to Stern Tech support and expect they will send a replacement. The game will reside in the "Steve Ritchie" section of my game room (Spider-Man is to the left out of the photo). The game was built 10/6/2017 with 1.0 code so I will need to update the code.

IMG_1867 (resized).jpgIMG_1867 (resized).jpg

IMG_1868 (resized).jpgIMG_1868 (resized).jpg

#3653 6 years ago

I need a replacement pcb led for my left pop bumper. Anyone know who carries these, or should I contact Stern? This is my fault, not a Stern problem.

#3654 6 years ago

Speaking of code. My premium has a consistent problem with the ball being lost behind the metal ramp on the death star loop. This happens if the ball goes up the ramp slowly and drops behind it. Once the game goes into ball search then the ramp drops and the ball is freed. What's strange is that this doesn't happen every time which makes me think it isn't an opto problem. Also, a slow shot around the hoth loop makes the ramp drop as it's supposed to. Cant be opto.
Anyone else have this?

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Speaking of code. My premium has a consistent problem with the ball being lost behind the metal ramp on the death star loop. This happens if the ball goes up the ramp slowly and drops behind it. Once the game goes into ball search then the ramp drops and the ball is freed. What's strange is that this doesn't happen every time which makes me think it isn't an opto problem. Also, a slow shot around the hoth loop makes the ramp drop as it's supposed to. Cant be opto.
Anyone else have this?

What code are you running. I haven’t had a problem since 1.0 came out.

#3656 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What code are you running. I haven’t had a problem since 1.0 came out.

The latest. 1.01

#3657 6 years ago

I’d say opto problem. Mine hits the back of the ramp, there is a 1 second delay, and the ramp drops to release the ball.

#3658 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone else have this?

I have had this happen a few times, ball drops behind fork ramp because of not enough momentum to get into the Death Star and the game had to go into ball search. During most game play it lowers the ramp in a second or two like it should but every once in awhile it needs a ball search. I’m running 1.0 code. It happens during hyper space hurry up if I remember correctly but I’ll pay more attention when I play the next few games.

#3659 6 years ago

So what do these go for NIB right now? $5200? $5400? Thanks

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So what do these go for NIB right now? $5200? $5400? Thanks

$5699 typically for Pro, at least advertised. You might get a slightly better price locally or if you call places.

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

$5699 typically for Pro, at least advertised. You might get a slightly better price locally or if you call places.

I think $5400 shipped was the standard "best price" people reported getting on the Pro. You should be able to get that by calling around unless Stern has hiked prices again? I doubt SW is old enough yet to be out from under Stern's "price floor" policy, which doesn't allow distributors to sell below that $5400 number.

#3663 6 years ago

No topper. Just where it will go on their site when it’s added.

#3664 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

No topper. Just where it will go on their site when it’s added.

It's going to be tiny.

"Weight: 0.07 oz"

#3665 6 years ago

Code Ver 1.01.0 Hypothesis: Hyperloop diverter timing greatly improved - if not fixed - in this code update. For some reason, not mentioned in the update notes.

Anyone else not getting any catapults into the glass anymore? Huge improvement for me!

#3666 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Code Ver 1.1 Hypothesis: Hyperloop diverter timing greatly improved - if not fixed - in this code update. For some reason, not mentioned in the update notes.
Anyone else not getting any catapults into the glass anymore? Huge improvement for me!

Unfortunately I've had it happen twice after the update. I don't think it was fixed. I'm assuming it would have been listed in the notes too

#3667 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Code Ver 1.1 Hypothesis: Hyperloop diverter timing greatly improved - if not fixed - in this code update. For some reason, not mentioned in the update notes.

Version is 1.01.0 - don't be setting off false alarms

#3668 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Version is 1.01.0 - don't be setting off false alarms

Thank you. Updated.

I played a bunch more games. Definitely delayed diverter at times. Still no catapults. <cross fingers> This is very different than before 1.01.0 with the Hyperloop for me. It was frequent catapulting...

#3669 6 years ago

I'm getting a Star Wars premium in the next couple months and wanted to see what mods and protectors people are putting on their pins.

I was thinking for protectors, I would want a shooter lane protector like the one from pinball life (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130). Do I need another protector for the other side, the side of the cabinet where the ball bounces off and lands in the shooter lane? I've seen the clear mylar or plastic, but don't really care for how it looks.

#3670 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I'm getting a Star Wars premium in the next couple months and wanted to see what mods and protectors people are putting on their pins.

New balls, fresh coat of wax, just put.25¢ worth of mylar in the shooter lane so when you sell it the classhole cant cry for monies off.
If you want you can use Cliffy slot protectors for the inlanes but the clear looks pretty thick.

#3671 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I was thinking for protectors, I would want a shooter lane protector like the one from pinball life (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130). Do I need another protector for the other side, the side of the cabinet where the ball bounces off and lands in the shooter lane? I've seen the clear mylar or plastic, but don't really care for how it looks.

Some people swear by shooter lane protectors, but I have seen to wear in 1000+ plays. Other protectors, not sure. I don’t have any...and I have cliffys on my Met. SW seems pretty good. For mods. Star Wars miniatures for select ships are good. Check out PinballCharlie mods. They are well made and bring the worlds to life in 3D. They really look awesome in the machine.

#3672 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

If I was you I would put Cliffy protectors on the shooter lane, drain, and possibly a couple on the roll overs where the ball drops from the ramps. I added mirror blades, shaker, bezel over the small screen, invisiglass, if u like adding a sub woofer i would get the pinnovators sub mod.

#3673 6 years ago

The ball doesn't drop on the switches the way it does on Metallica or Dialed In, so no protectors needed there. There is already factory mylar at the drop spot.

Edit: this is apparently only true for the Premiums/LEs and not Pros. Rule of thumb is that any of the new games that drop the ball off of the ramp directly onto the inlane switch must has a Cliffy switch protector ASAP!!

#3674 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If I was you I would put Cliffy protectors on the shooter lane, drain, and possibly a couple on the roll overs where the ball drops from the ramps. I added mirror blades, shaker, bezel over the small screen, invisiglass, if u like adding a sub woofer i would get the pinnovators sub mod.

I looked at Cliffy site and didn't see a shooter lane protector for Star Wars. Where did you get yours?

Sounds like I'll have most of the same mods. Have mirror blades and typical Polk sub already. Going to pick up PDI glass and shaker when I get pin. I'll need to order pinnovators card as the one I have currently is for my STTNG.

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Some people swear by shooter lane protectors, but I have seen to wear in 1000+ plays. Other protectors, not sure. I don’t have any...and I have cliffys on my Met. SW seems pretty good. For mods. Star Wars miniatures for select ships are good. Check out pinballcharlie mods. They are well made and bring the worlds to life in 3D. They really look awesome in the machine.

Thanks, I'll check out those ships.

#3676 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I looked at Cliffy site and didn't see a shooter lane protector for Star Wars. Where did you get yours?
Sounds like I'll have most of the same mods. Have mirror blades and typical Polk sub already. Going to pick up PDI glass and shaker when I get pin. I'll need to order pinnovators card as the one I have currently is for my STTNG.

I got mine directly from Cliff....picked them up at his house.....shoot him an email....make sure u get the spike 2 pinnovator sub card....its cheap $30....makes a big difference....

#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The ball doesn't drop on the switches the way it does on Metallica or Dialed In, so no protectors needed there. There is already factory mylar at the drop spot.

Ah interesting to note for people searching later. The pros do directly drop on the inlane switches and it seems the prem+ do not.

#3678 6 years ago

So the premiums are going for roughly $2k over the pros? Is that typical? I can’t remember.. but I thought gb difference was closer to a grand?

#3679 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

So the premiums are going for roughly $2k over the pros? Is that typical? I can’t remember.. but I thought gb difference was closer to a grand?

NIB Premiums are roughly $7200 delivered ... give or take ....not sure what the pros go for?

#3680 6 years ago

Updated to 1.01 and the hyperloop diverter bounced the ball into the glass. Not every time, but it did it.

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Quoted from PtownPin:

NIB Premiums are roughly $7200 delivered ... give or take ....not sure what the pros go for?

Pro "street price" is $5400 shipped. So an $1800 spread. Maybe it was a bit closer for GB but I'd be surprised if it was only $1000 difference.

#3682 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got mine directly from Cliff....picked them up at his house.....shoot him an email....make sure u get the spike 2 pinnovator sub card....its cheap $30....makes a big difference....

I would like to add a subwoofer to S.W.P. I don't see any for sale at pinnovator, just a kit to hook you own box? I don't want a sub on the floor, just a better woofer in the bottom of the cabinet. I ordered a kit for my S.T. from flipper fidelity which I don't like at all. The bass drowned out all voices & call outs so that I could not make them out. I put the original speakers back into the speaker panel and left the sub in the lower which helped a lot. It still does not sound right though and I am going back to 100% stock on S.T. and feel I wasted $150 plus shipping now. Is there any good kits that produce clear and balanced sound for these Stern games? Of course all these games need more bass but not at the expense of losing clear voice call-outs, etc. Any help advice really appreciated!

#3683 6 years ago

Did you talk to Mike at FF? I have his sub/woofers in my games and they sound good. I removed the dial thing since it sounded better to me without it.
I don't have any spike games so maybe there is a different configuration for spike. Give him a ring.

Quoted from PlayPin:

I would like to add a subwoofer to S.W.P. I don't see any for sale at pinnovator, just a kit to hook you own box? I don't want a sub on the floor, just a better woofer in the bottom of the cabinet. I ordered a kit for my S.T. from flipper fidelity which I don't like at all. The bass drowned out all voices & call outs so that I could not make them out. I put the original speakers back into the speaker panel and left the sub in the lower which helped a lot. It still does not sound right though and I am going back to 100% stock on S.T. and feel I wasted $150 plus shipping now. Is there any good kits that produce clear and balanced sound for these Stern games? Of course all these games need more bass but not at the expense of losing clear voice call-outs, etc. Any help advice really appreciated!

#3684 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I got the board kit from pinnovators, and hooked up an external sub (Polk $89)....if you are looking for better internal speakers u may want to try flipper fidelity....I have installed several in the past, but prefer the external sub since the sound is superior....

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did you talk to Mike at FF? I have his sub/woofers in my games and they sound good. I removed the dial thing since it sounded better to me without it.
I don't have any spike games so maybe there is a different configuration for spike. Give him a ring.

Great timing, as I *just* now installed the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 Kit with 8" sub & Speakerlight option on my SW Premium. I had previously installed Doug's SpeakerLights, so I knew to order these with the SpeakerLight option or the right backbox speaker will not fit in a Spike 2 cabinet.

Install took 20 minutes, very simple to do with great instructions included. Most everything is plug and play with existing HW. However, with SpeakerLights you must remove the crossbars on the factory speaker mount so that the protruding tweeters will clear on the replacement backbox speakers. Heavy duty pair of diagonal cutters took care of this easily. The Woofer requires the standard cutting of the speaker wire to remove the old woofer and crimping on of the connectors. Once again, simple remove and replace.

My SW Premium had (what I thought at the time) great sounding factory speakers, so I almost didn't make the change. Now that I did I am happy with it. There is a definite sound improvement, with some noticeable new sounds on the lower frequencies that were not audible before. Having the new audio adjustments that Stern has now included in the system setup code really helps one tweak it perfectly.

#3686 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I did not talk with Mike. I guess I should call him. The game I tried the F.F. kit in was Stern Star Trek which is a SAM. I don't think I can try this kit it Star Wars because it is a Spike game. Not to mention I put speaker light kits in Star Wars so the F.F. speakers would be too deep to fit the speaker panel.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the board kit from pinnovators, and hooked up an external sub (Polk $89)....if you are looking for better internal speakers u may want to try flipper fidelity....I have installed several in the past, but prefer the external sub since the sound is superior....

The kit I bought was from Flipper Fidelity. I think the sound was very muffled & muddy(lots of bass). Its better just using the sub and leaving stock speakers in the top but its still muddy and the bass is over powering the games vocals & call-outs.

Quoted from AUKraut:

Great timing, as I *just* now installed the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 Kit with 8" sub & Speakerlight option on my SW Premium. I had previously installed Doug's SpeakerLights, so I knew to order these with the SpeakerLight option or the right backbox speaker will not fit in a Spike 2 cabinet.
Install took 20 minutes, very simple to do with great instructions included. Most everything is plug and play with existing HW. However, with SpeakerLights you must remove the crossbars on the factory speaker mount so that the protruding tweeters will clear on the replacement backbox speakers. Heavy duty pair of diagonal cutters took care of this easily. The Woofer requires the standard cutting of the speaker wire to remove the old woofer and crimping on of the connectors. Once again, simple remove and replace.
My SW Premium had (what I thought at the time) great sounding factory speakers, so I almost didn't make the change. Now that I did I am happy with it. There is a definite sound improvement, with some noticeable new sounds on the lower frequencies that were not audible before. Having the new audio adjustments that Stern has now included in the system setup code really helps one tweak it perfectly.

Since the kit I bought was SAM I can't try it on Star Wars. I don't think I am willing to buy anything else from FF. It does seem like S.W. would be much more likely to work since the game has tone controls. Especially since they added even more sound control with 1.01. I guess I will call FF and see what I they say. I assumed most people happy with their kits sound are listening to mostly music on a game like AC/DC or something. I wanted uprade sound systems for my Tron and Star Trek(as well as Star Wars). Since Tron & Star Trek have no tone control I am extra concerned about whether I will be able to get a kit with "balanced sound". The F.F. SAM kit for my Star Trek had too much bass from the upgraded speaker panel to hear vocals and I can't turn it down. I am sure this will be true for Tron as well.

#3687 6 years ago

I would try the PInnovators spike 2 sub mod, and buy a $90 exterior sub....the sound is great....much better than the sound on my Met and ACDC, which had flipper fidelity speakers installed.....

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would try the PInnovators spike 2 sub mod, and buy a $90 exterior sub....the sound is great....much better than the sound on my Met and ACDC, which had flipper fidelity speakers installed.....

I bought the pinnovators card last night. $42 shipped. Made a huge difference on my STTNG, so I expect the same with Star Wars.

#3689 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't want an external sub though. Are you unhooking the factory woofer in the lower cabinet with this kit? Are the speaker panel(top) speakers just stock?

#3690 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I really don't want an external sub though. Are you unhooking the factory woofer in the lower cabinet with this kit? Are the speaker panel(top) speakers just stock?

no on unhooking the factory sub, and yes on the factory speakers....After several failed attempts I ended up installing external subs on all my machines....makes a big difference....the good news with this setup is that its easy to remove and reuse if you ever decide to sell the game....u won't get your money back with the Flipper Fidelity speakers.

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Keep in mind that Met and ACDC were antiquated mono sound with a crossover between the back box and cabinet speakers. SW is a SPIKE game which has three separate channels (2.1) of lossless sound. The new software allows bass and treble, balance, and separate volume for cabinet speaker. The Flipper Fidelity with the adapter and ten inch woofer sounds much better in SW than in the older games and the new controls opens up a whole new level of tweaking.

#3692 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Keep in mind that Met and ACDC were antiquated mono sound with a crossover between the back box and cabinet speakers. SW is a SPIKE game which has three separate channels (2.1) of lossless sound. The new software allows bass and treble, balance, and separate volume for cabinet speaker. The Flipper Fidelity with the adapter and ten inch woofer sounds much better in SW than in the older games and the new controls opens up a whole new level of tweaking.

Maybe I can use the 8" F.F. sub woofer that I got for my SAM Star Trek and put it in Star Wars instead(in place of factory 8" woofer). With the separate tone contols available on S.W. I may be able to adjust sound where I am happy. I should not need any kits to do this? For Tron & Star Trek I may consider sharing a sub on the floor shared by both games. I guess I would need two pinnovators sub mods(for SAM games). There seems to be a consensus here that Pinnovators kit with external sub is the best sounding. Thanks to all for your input on this topic. I was about to give up on trying to upgrade sound systems on my games after my previous experience.

#3693 6 years ago

I don't use external subs, but don't let that sway you as they do sound good. Being able to hook two pins to one reasonably priced sub is a bargain even with the Pinnovators mods.

#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone powder coated their SW trim? I'm thinking about doing it, but looking for ideas on what color would look best?

20171124_220654 (resized).jpg20171124_220654 (resized).jpg

#3695 6 years ago

The red certainly looks great on the Pro

#3696 6 years ago

Looks great on the pro....I have the premium....looks like its between storm trooper white, Blue, or black with white specs.....

#3697 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks great on the pro....I have the premium....looks like its between storm trooper white, Blue, or black with white specs.....

I'm going to do a metallic white on my Premium once I get some extra hinges and extended side rails.

#3698 6 years ago

Anybody have any issues with your death star not opening on both sides? currently on my premium the left side only opens....

#3699 6 years ago

FINALLY! The Death Star was blown up. My wife blew it up by completing battle above Endor. We both had good games. She ended a little above 2 billion and I got 2.6 billion. Yes, I have extended some times, but we play tournaments 95% of the time...meaning no extra ball.

#3700 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

FINALLY! The Death Star was blown up. My wife blew it up by completing battle above Endor. We both had good games. She ended a little above 2 billion and I got 2.6 billion. Yes, I have extended some times, but we play tournaments 95% of the time...meaning no extra ball.

Awesome! I haven’t been close yet, but did knock out the Endor, half-built Death Star.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.