IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 301.
#3601 6 years ago

Has anyone powder coated their SW trim? I'm thinking about doing it, but looking for ideas on what color would look best?

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like a cool mod....how much is it delivered to the US?

185 euro or SW light sabre mod
Shipping to US 30 euro (insurance included)
Warranty for 6 months from the date of purchase

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Just sent this to Stern: I would like to report a bug that has shown up a few times now. I’m running V1.0 firmware on a SW LE
This bug occurs when the ball is being launched around the hyperspace loop. When it finishes and the diverter redirects the ball to the right flipper lane, the flippers are dead and so the ball drains. It doesn’t say “tilt” or indicate a problem. Once the ball drains, you get the bonus and normal game play resumes. It doesn’t happen every time the hyperspace loop is activated.
Has anyone else had this happen?

This is addressed specifically in 1.01. It still happens but you no longer lose your ball.

#3604 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

This is addressed specifically in 1.01. It still happens but you no longer lose your ball.

Maybe. The fix reads "The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served."

Hyperspace loop is not a mission selection, so it may not be covered. Until someone at Stern confirms it is we'll just have to test and hope it is covered.

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Maybe. The fix reads "The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served."

It think it's a good fix regardless of any bugs. These kinds of tweaks are needed for the times when things don't happen as planned. The ball is wild after all

Rob

#3606 6 years ago

Just a quick update - I've been working with another Pinsider getting the Endor/Hoth/Tatooine mod to fit with LE/Premium models.

dnapac had a fantastic idea on lighting up the Hoth mod! That one really needed a little something to stand out, and man, does it ever now! This photo is the Hoth mod modified to fit within the contraints of the LE/PRE model.

Zoom in on the photo and the details on the cannon sphere really stand out now... Can't wait to get these to a point past the engineering stage

But wait - I've added an AT-AT reaplacement pop bumper cap....

lighted Hoth for SW LE (resized).jpeglighted Hoth for SW LE (resized).jpeg

hoth closeup (resized).jpghoth closeup (resized).jpg

hoth overall (resized).jpghoth overall (resized).jpg

#3607 6 years ago

Noticed an LED not lighting on my Death Star on my Premium. Anyone troubleshoot the Death Star lights before? Haven’t opened it up yet. Trying to determine if it is worth it to worry about it.

#3608 6 years ago

Added some mirror blades to my pro, they are glorious lol

#3609 6 years ago

Anyone making a version of the Tron Eli's ramp mod for SW Pro yet? Would look especially awesome with mirror blades.

#3610 6 years ago

Prior to the latest update I was very aware of the drain bug from the DS. I've been victim to it many times on the premium I get to play on location. I thought it might be tied to double flipping to cancel the animations. I found when I just let the clips play out, I got screwed less.

Got some games in today on the fresh code and canceled all the clips. No drains. Good stuff.

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Noticed an LED not lighting on my Death Star on my Premium. Anyone troubleshoot the Death Star lights before? Haven’t opened it up yet. Trying to determine if it is worth it to worry about it.

Happened to me as well. Stern sent replacement assembly and was easy to install.

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I haven't had that issue cause I play so Crappy I have yet to crack that dam Death Star open! I'm starting to believe it will be out of warranty before I verify if it even works!

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I haven't had that issue cause I play so Crappy I have yet to crack that dam Death Star open! I'm starting to believe it will be out of warranty before I verify if it even works!

Have you tried Endor mutiball? Much easier way to blow the Deathstar than defeating Deathstar multiball (which I still haven’t done).

#3614 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you tried Endor mutiball? Much easier way to blow the Deathstar than defeating Deathstar multiball (which I still haven’t done).

Funny you say that. Embarrassingly to me my wife has done it 4 times and I just noticed the last time was with the Endor multi-ball. I have always used R2 and Deathstar but that shows which one of us read the game rules.....

#3615 6 years ago

My only time blowing the death star on the premium has been in Endor. I keep bricking on the death star tree.

#3616 6 years ago

Loving the look and feel of my premium with pinstadium lights, mod couple death star & satellite reflectors, and custom blades created by twenty84 (info here)

IMG-9440 (resized).JPGIMG-9440 (resized).JPG

IMG-9436 (resized).JPGIMG-9436 (resized).JPG

IMG-9435 (resized).JPGIMG-9435 (resized).JPG

IMG-9439 (resized).JPGIMG-9439 (resized).JPG

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Loving the look and feel of my premium with pinstadium lights, mod couple death star & satellite reflectors, and custom blades created by twenty84 (info here)

Looks Awesome #foobeer! I was wanting to see the blades installed with the Pin Stadium lights. Wasn't sure how they would look with the slots looks Great! Question, they do look thicker is there any issue raising the playfield? Mine is Very snug and barely squeezes by the PS light magnet let alone the blades. No issues? Thanks for sharing!

#3618 6 years ago

I'm also curious about raising the playfield with side mirrors + pinstadium magnet strips. Zach at SDTM said it was a very snug fit on one of his machines.

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks Awesome #foobeer! I was wanting to see the blades installed with the Pin Stadium lights. Wasn't sure how they would look with the slots looks Great! Question, they do look thicker is there any issue raising the playfield? Mine is Very snug and barely squeezes by the PS light magnet let alone the blades. No issues? Thanks for sharing!

I was concerned about it too, but I have no issues lifting the playfield. The cool thing is that the pinstadium magnets will hold on these blades directly without the magna mounts because they are metal. I actually left the original magna mounts untouched so that the blades sit in between the pinstadium mounts and back magnets. Not only did this make it to where I didn't have to remove/replace the magna mounts, but it also helps keep the top of the blades secured.

So basically:
Normal with just pinstadium would be side box -> magna mount -> pinstadium
Normal with pinstadium and blades would be side box -> blades -> magna mount -> pinstadium
What I end up doing side box -> magna mount -> blades -> pinstadium

2018-03-12_13-40-57 (resized).png2018-03-12_13-40-57 (resized).png

#3620 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I have the Mod Couple satellite reflectors and death Star too. They look awesome.
The reflectors especially are such a great idea because it simply dresses up the spots without adding clutter.

I'd love to see what those side blades look like with white or EL lit white instead of the mirror backing... I'm over the mirror blade thing and prefer art blades.

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can always go into the game specific tests just to fire that mech to make sure

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I was concerned about it too, but I have no issues lifting the playfield. The cool thing is that the pinstadium magnets will hold on these blades directly without the magna mounts because they are metal. I actually left the original magna mounts untouched so that the blades sit in between the pinstadium mounts and back magnets. Not only did this make it to where I didn't have to remove/replace the magna mounts, but it also helps keep the top of the blades secured.
So basically:
Normal with just pinstadium would be side box -> magna mount -> pinstadium
Normal with pinstadium and blades would be side box -> blades -> magna mount -> pinstadium
What I end up doing side box -> magna mount -> blades -> pinstadium

Absolutely didn't think about not needing the mag strips brilliant! That would make total sense. Thanks for sharing that tip. May need to touch the Chrome Candy couple again this week!

#3623 6 years ago

What would be the best color in your guys opinion for Lermods back lighting on an LE? I thinking either white or blue.

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have the Mod Couple satellite reflectors and death Star too. They look awesome.
The reflectors especially are such a great idea because it simply dresses up the spots without adding clutter.
I'd love to see what those side blades look like with white or EL lit white instead of the mirror backing... I'm over the mirror blade thing and prefer art blades.

I Think they went mirror over EL as EL lighting is not often used in the cycling needed for the playfield. Leaving them on constantly would in my opinion take away from some of the darker modes such as Light Saber etc. I know the PS lights turn off for those events. The EL strips Do look awesome on the outside of the game however!

#3625 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What would be the best color in your guys opinion for Lermods back lighting on an LE? I thinking either white or blue.

If you mean back lighting like the flipper area I think blue looks best. As for the rear of the playfield I give Stern credit for lighting the crap out of that area really well. We love this game more with each day and I was never really a Mega SW follower. Simply amazing fun.

#3626 6 years ago

I spent some time yesterday making a few adjustments. Thought I would share.

The good. Right scoop. My new machine right out of the box was ejecting ball after ball sdtm from the scoop, or the ball would barely touch the left flipper and end up in the trough. Very irritating. After reading on this thread, I looked at the scoop and realized it was rotated clockwise. It wasn’t square. I loosened the 2 nuts/bolts and squared it up with the hole. BINGO! Problem solved. The ball hits the left flipper every time now. HUGE improvement. If yours is having the same problem I highly recommend this fix.

The bad. Ball save/Auto plunge is still giving me grief. The ball ricochets off the tie fighter 3 bank and drains on the left outlane MUCH too frequently (maybe 25%). I thought I had this fixed before, but NOPE. The coil strength is definitely varied from auto plunge to auto plunge. I’ve tried moving the metal ball guide 1/16” either direction. I’ve triple checked that my game is level. I’ve tried 6.5-7.0 slope. Nothing helped. Grrrrrrr! I wish stern would give us an update with a ball launcher coil strength adjustment but I’m not holding my breath.

Junky

#3627 6 years ago

PS...
WHERE IS THE FREAKING TOPPER??

crickets.......

#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The bad. Ball save/Auto plunge is still giving me grief. The ball ricochets off the tie fighter 3 bank and drains on the left outlane MUCH too frequently (maybe 25%). I thought I had this fixed before, but NOPE. The coil strength is definitely varied from auto plunge to auto plunge. I’ve tried moving the metal ball guide 1/16” either direction. I’ve triple checked that my game is level. I’ve tried 6.5-7.0 slope. Nothing helped. Grrrrrrr! I wish stern would give us an update with a ball launcher coil strength adjustment but I’m not holding my breath.
Junky

This is very frustrating on mine too. Mine hits the 3 bank, then sometimes out the left or hits the drops and based on which targets are up, can drain out the right.

Maybe we should try changing the auto launcher spring strength?

Anyone have a solution to this?

#3629 6 years ago

Junky

Agreed!! Spent some time on mine last night trying to finetune this myself. The variation in autoplunge strength is a PITA, talking about splitting hairs in moving that plunger lane guide by a 1/64" of an inch so that both manual and autoplunge won't autodrain......think I found a point where it's down to 1 in 20, but that will probably drift in time and use......

#3630 6 years ago

The good. Right scoop. My new machine right out of the box was ejecting ball after ball sdtm from the scoop, or the ball would barely touch the left flipper and end up in the trough. Very irritating. After reading on this thread, I looked at the scoop and realized it was rotated clockwise. It wasn’t square. I loosened the 2 nuts/bolts and squared it up with the hole. BINGO! Problem solved. The ball hits the left flipper every time now. HUGE improvement. If yours is having the same problem I highly recommend this fix.
Junky

I know the auto plunges strength changes a little from ball to ball, but have you gone into the service menu and changes the coil strength. This helped a lot for me when I put it at soft.

#3631 6 years ago

Junky

Try taking a peice of tape or felt and lay on the ball guide lane just enough to slow the ball down a little

#3632 6 years ago

Mod couple speaker lights installed. They look great!

20180312_181643 (resized).jpg20180312_181643 (resized).jpg

#3633 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I know the auto plunges strength changes a little from ball to ball, but have you gone into the service menu and changes the coil strength. This helped a lot for me when I put it at soft.

I appreciate the help. However by doing that you are decreasing the overall strength of all coils. I just want to change the strength of the launcher

Quoted from Delta9:

Try taking a peice of tape or felt and lay on the ball guide lane just enough to slow the ball down a little

Did you do this? Where exactly did you put the felt? At the top of the ball guide?

#3634 6 years ago

I appreciate the help. However by doing that you are decreasing the overall strength of all coils. I just want to change the strength of the launcher

I understand. For me it helped the side drains from the slingshots too.

#3635 6 years ago

I'll try it. Can't hurt. Thanks man

#3636 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just saw these pics of our candy blades and agree they look great with the pin stadiums. The magnets on the pin stadiums can connect directly to the blades which simplifies the install a bit. They are made of 20 gauge metal with powder coating and mylar taped to the back so they aren't significantly thicker than mirror blades and at least on my games there is no difficulty raising or lowering the playfield.

#3637 6 years ago

Can someone remind me why the pro has the drop target bank post ans the Prem+ doens't? And is this related to the auto-plunge drains at all?

#3638 6 years ago

What are the chances that a mod comes out that allows Pro owners to replace their plastic ramps with habitrails?

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

What are the chances that a mod comes out that allows Pro owners to replace their plastic ramps with habitrails?

Absolutely zero. No but seriously I don;t know...are the all the same distance/set up?
I'd rather have plastic personally

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone remind me why the pro has the drop target bank post ans the Prem+ doens't? And is this related to the auto-plunge drains at all?

The pro was originally planned to have standup targets while the prem/le was going to have drop targets. The post was needed on the pro because the stand ups take up less space. Later the design was changed to include drop targets on all models, but the post remained on the pro.

#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The pro was originally planned to have standup targets while the prem/le was going to have drop targets. The post was needed on the pro because the stand ups take up less space. Later the design was changed to include drop targets on all models, but the post remained on the pro.

Nice, hadn't heard that (and good for Pro owners that they got the drops). I had read that Steve Ritchie advised against adding the post on the Premium/LE, suggesting that it's exclusion was not an error from his perspective.

#3643 6 years ago

I saw a bunch of posts and thought maybe the topper was released... Oh well. I can only imagine the lame demands by the license holder that are holding this up. As I mentioned before, it will probably be Jar Jar instead of R2D2 by the time it is released. Theesa multiball.

That smoky smell is $500 burning a hole in my pocket.

#3644 6 years ago

Topper shmopper whom gives a shit.

#3645 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not for me personally, but plenty of folks on this thread have expressed interested. I kind of wonder if Stern's going to bother at this point. Would have been easy money for them, and hard to believe Disney giving them this much shit about a simple plastic R2D2 with a rotating head or whatever. Maybe he's turning heel in the next movie and they don't want him on top of a Star Wars machine? All pretty bizarre.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha. I'm normally not a topper person, but I feel this game needs one and should have had one standard. Currently 18 games in my collection and zero toppers.

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not for me personally, but plenty of folks on this thread have expressed interested.

I heard it was delayed because of an Iron Maiden lawsuit or something

#3648 6 years ago

The only reason I’m excited for the topper is if they have been holding onto a more significant code update pending the topper being released that further supports it.

The most recent update basically fixed one bug and called it a day.

EDIT: Of course, if it is like GOTG's topper, it will just turn off during gameplay and do nothing.

#3649 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Exactly. This is a cool tidbit of information. Steve mentioned this during a Facebook Q&A session. One reason why the pro is easier. The post helps deflect some balls bound for the left outlane.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha. I'm normally not a topper person, but I feel this game needs one and should have had one standard. Currently 18 games in my collection and zero toppers.

Same here. But who am I kidding they had me at rotating R2D2!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/73?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.