IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 301.
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I have mine at about 6.9 and have none of the SDTM issues. Although my auto plunger sucks and sometimes does not even hit the targets. I need to figure out why that is happening.

Increase the coil power in the service menu.

#3552 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I've read a ton here and I'm unable to find a definitive answer. What pitch are you using that will fix these annoying issues?
With 6.6, 6.7 I get the ball save auto plunger - to 3 bank target - to left outlane drain. So frustrating!
Some here say that 6.5 is the answer. This feels really slow to me. And I still got the left outlane drain although not as much.
I tried 7. I think that was causing bad airballs that hit the glass from the diverter out of the hyperloop.
Is there a happy medium?
Please chime in. Thanks

Pitch at 6.5 is what most have had success here and is recommended by Steve Ritchie himself.

Left outlane drains: Don't use the pitch to help this, adjust the right lane guide on the shooter lane to the appropriate spot. Fairly easy on a Premium/LE, just remove the plastic to the right of the metal lane guide and loosen the 1/4" head screw. It may take a few iterations to get it right, even a 1/16" movement make a big difference. Let it autoplunge numerous times with the glass off to get it right, then fully tighten and replace the plastic.

Keep in mind that the autoplunge power can vary sometimes, so even this is not 100%, but still a big improvement.

Airballs on the loop diverter happen at all pitch settings, it's a timing issue between the magnets firing in sync with the diverter coils. Hopefully Dwight can figure out a software fix for it soon.

#3553 6 years ago

I'm at 6.6/6.5 and everything works as it should. I can backhand the hyperloop, but has to be a clean shot from a cradle. All autoplungers will fire with variable strength from time to time. This is across all game eras and game manufacturers. It's an issue with how the ball has settled before the plunger fires. I usually manually plunge the start of a ball to avoid the variation and that way it is my own fault if it drains.

#3554 6 years ago

Thank you guys. I appreciate it. I’ll try your suggestions

#3555 6 years ago

Premium/LE owners, do you have issues when the ball save gate divertor is open and auto-launch hit the edge of the gate causing ball not to launch at all?

This divertor should be closed when the game is launching a ball.

#3556 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Premium/LE owners, do you have issues when the ball save gate divertor is open and auto-launch hit the edge of the gate causing ball not to launch at all?

No but I had problems with the ball save gate staying open after it used and should close. No amount of adjusting fixed the problem so I removed the gate and the game gives a virtual ball save. Problem solved and I guess that would solve your problem as well.

#3557 6 years ago

I have the Star Wars pro. Pitch shows 14.2 with pinguy app but I don’t know what to adjust. See pics. First leg pic is front leg. Last two are rear. I feel like there is no way I could get to 6.5 as recommended.!

9F5924D9-B764-4EB8-B289-1D490DBC7B0F (resized).jpeg9F5924D9-B764-4EB8-B289-1D490DBC7B0F (resized).jpeg

CC211C1C-72CC-4D3D-9B1B-AF0425509617 (resized).jpegCC211C1C-72CC-4D3D-9B1B-AF0425509617 (resized).jpeg

3CAEF6D0-6723-43C6-8883-C65266573109 (resized).jpeg3CAEF6D0-6723-43C6-8883-C65266573109 (resized).jpeg

C3C0A8C1-E6D3-4D38-A10E-BF7B4E65244E (resized).jpegC3C0A8C1-E6D3-4D38-A10E-BF7B4E65244E (resized).jpeg

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

...but I don’t know what to adjust.

Adjust your app

1. Don't take the reading on the glass
2. Make sure you haven't set the zero in inclined surface

#3559 6 years ago

I did calibrate. Should I be raising the front legs I suppose? I feel like a moron right now.

#3560 6 years ago

Put the phone on the playfield. Not the glass. Make it straight up between the flippers.

#3561 6 years ago

Will the Premium /LE hyper drive loop magnetize chrome balls?

#3562 6 years ago

Thanks all. Big difference.

#3563 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...Left outlane drains: Don't use the pitch to help this, adjust the right lane guide on the shooter lane to the appropriate spot. Fairly easy on a Premium/LE, just remove the plastic to the right of the metal lane guide and loosen the 1/4" head screw. It may take a few iterations to get it right, even a 1/16" movement make a big difference. Let it autoplunge numerous times with the glass off to get it right, then fully tighten and replace the plastic....

This was the answer. I moved it about 1/16” out and it absolutely fixed the problem. Fantastic! Thank you for this. I did need to remove/move a few other items to gain access to the 1/4 screw. It plays much better. No more ball save auto plunge outlane drains!

#3564 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

This was the answer. I moved it about 1/16” out and it absolutely fixed the problem. Fantastic! Thank you for this. I did need to remove/move a few other items to gain access to the 1/4 screw. It plays much better. No more ball save auto plunge outlane drains!

Awesome!! Glad it worked out for you!! Thank Steve Ritchie, he talked about this fix in that youtube video Stern did a couple of months back. He was right on the money.

#3565 6 years ago

Thanks for the conversation on setup everybody. With that autoplunger drain fix, did you move the ball guide out into the playfield (shooting ball more left) or in (so ball shoots straighter)?

So could someone kinda describe how the shots should flow?

1. On a full plunge it should hit three-bank and then force?

2. Left flipper should be able to backhand left ramp, possibly left orbit, Death Star. Forehand right loop, right ramp, right orbit and scoop?

3. Right flipper should backhand what? And forehand what?

4. Most important to me now is the right loop should come down to left flipper? (Not sdtm!)

5. And left loop goes to where?

Sorry that’s so long but I just want to know what is the standard I shoot for as I’m levelling and adjusting.

Also, what does coil pulse strength adjust? All the coils? I set it to low and didn’t notice any change. Is there a way to turn down the scoop power? That is impossible to control for me. Frequently sdtm (but has a ball saver... that goes to left outlane )

#3566 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for the conversation on setup everybody. With that autoplunger drain fix, did you move the ball guide out into the playfield (shooting ball more left) or in (so ball shoots straighter)?

The fix depends on how it's misadjusted from factory.....some left, some right.

So could someone kinda describe how the shots should flow?
1. On a full plunge it should hit three-bank and then force?
2. Left flipper should be able to backhand left ramp, possibly left orbit, Death Star. Forehand right loop, right ramp, right orbit and scoop?
3. Right flipper should backhand what? And forehand what?
4. Most important to me now is the right loop should come down to left flipper? (Not sdtm!)
5. And left loop goes to where?

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Backhand right ramp and 3 bank, forehand everything else to the left of the 3 bank
4. Correct, once again a metal rail adjustment tweak should correct any issues
5. Right flipper

Sorry that’s so long but I just want to know what is the standard I shoot for as I’m levelling and adjusting.
Also, what does coil pulse strength adjust? All the coils? I set it to low and didn’t notice any change. Is there a way to turn down the scoop power? That is impossible to control for me. Frequently sdtm (but has a ball saver... that goes to left outlane )

Coil pulse strength is just as you described, for all coils.

Scoop power is Right VUK adjustment. It can be adjusted up/down in strength via menu settings. Ideally it should be set to default settings. If the VUK itself is 100% square to the hole itself it will shoot the ball to the left flipper. If it isn't square it once again can be adjusted by loosening its mounting screws and squaring things up.

#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The fix should depends on how it's misadjusted from factory.....some left, some right.

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Backhand right ramp and 3 bank, forehand everything else to the left of the 3 bank
4. Correct, once again a metal rail adjustment tweak should correct any issues
5. Right flipper

Coil pulse strength is just as you described, for all coils.
Scoop power is Right VUK adjustment. It can be adjusted up/down in strength via menu settings. Ideally it should be set to default settings. If the VUK itself is 100% square to the hole itself it will shoot the ball to the left flipper. If it isn't square it once again can be adjusted by loosening its mounting screws and squaring things up.

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to so thoroughly answer my questions. You’re the man!

#3568 6 years ago

Is there an easy way to start a multi ball on this game? I can go through 10 games of the time without having a multi ball!

#3569 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is there an easy way to start a multi ball on this game? I can go through 10 games of the time without having a multi ball!

Just keep selecting 5 Tie Fighters as your skill shot and hit the hurry up.

#3570 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes. If you select 5 tie fighters before the plunge and mash the button during the hurry up that should put you around 20-24. One more hurry up will put you in Tie Fighter multiball with 35 destroyed at default settings.

If you start as R2, he only needs DS1 completed to light Destroy the Death Star multiball. Other characters are also one mode away from lighting a multi-ball also.

#3571 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Yes, I do have that problem. I have been adjusting the gate so it doesn't open as much, but ultimately the difference is almost unnoticable. Occasionall it still hits. I am contemplating on cutting the back side of the gate, which sticks into the shooter lane. Slo-Mo video shows how close this ball pass is by design. Too close considering the naturally expected directional tolerance of the ball, which is to be expected from the rather crude design on the launch mechanism.

#3572 6 years ago

If you play Han, you can get to Hoth MB easily!

Light the Hoth Missions
Build up multiplier and make sure the Hoth shot is selected
Shoot Hoth and play the Hoth Video Mode
Shoot Hoth and play Hoth MB

Easier than Tie for me, which is also very easy to start.

You can also get to Endor MB pretty easily playing Han.

#3573 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Understand your concern about the ball hitting the gate, but this wouldn't be right either. In a MB situation where autolaunches can occur, Escape having achieved with the FORCE targets made you don't want the gate to be closed on a right outlane ball, even if a launch is going on.

#3574 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I have the Star Wars pro. Pitch shows 14.2 with pinguy app but I don’t know what to adjust. See pics. First leg pic is front leg. Last two are rear. I feel like there is no way I could get to 6.5 as recommended.!

The bubble level on the right side of the playfield is set to a 6.5 degree pitch, so you can use that as a comparison to check whether you're not calibrated correctly (which is likely the case). I would start with getting that level set right then use the app to fine tune.

#3575 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

The bubble level on the right side of the playfield is set to a 6.5 degree pitch, so you can use that as a comparison to check whether you're not calibrated correctly (which is likely the case). I would start with getting that level set right then use the app to fine tune.

No, the bubble on my game and probably most owners is NOT at 6.5. Like not even close! It is supposed to be but it is not.

#3576 6 years ago

Let me ask again-

#3577 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, the bubble on my game and probably most owners is NOT at 6.5. Like not even close! It is supposed to be but it is not.

You mean, the level itself is miscalibrated?

#3578 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You mean, the level itself is miscalibrated?

Not accurate. Didn't realize there is a way to calibrate it. how do you calibrate it? put washers under it?

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Let me ask again-

Any game with magnets will eventually. Since it doesn't stop and hold the ball it probably will take longer to magnetize them. As many metal ramps as are in this game the balls will probably need changing long before they are magnetized.

#3580 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any game with magnets will eventually. Since it doesn't stop and hold the ball it probably will take longer to magnetize them. As many metal ramps as are in this game the balls will probably need changing long before they are magnetized.

It does hold the ball on a Death Star mode start.

#3581 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not accurate. Didn't realize there is a way to calibrate it. how do you calibrate it? put washers under it?

Pretty much. Why do you think they're off? Compared with a digital level or something?

#3582 6 years ago

No takers on my extra plastics trade offer?

#3583 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

No takers on my extra plastics trade offer?

Yeah I'll trade you my pros.

#3584 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Pretty much. Why do you think they're off? Compared with a digital level or something?

yes.

#3585 6 years ago

I don't know if its already been posted but we installed factory art blades on a pro this morning

IMG_6044 (resized).JPGIMG_6044 (resized).JPG

IMG_6045 (resized).JPGIMG_6045 (resized).JPG

IMG_6046 (resized).JPGIMG_6046 (resized).JPG

#3586 6 years ago

The art blades do nothing for me on this game..mirrror blades FTW

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The art blades do nothing for me on this game..mirrror blades FTW

I think the art on the art blades is awesome and really well integrated with the game, but I agree, for my money, mirror blades are the clear winner that really help give the space theme that much more of a feeling of depth in the game.

#3588 6 years ago

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/

Great mod, easy to install.

28829853_10216201146363172_1219254490_n (resized).jpg28829853_10216201146363172_1219254490_n (resized).jpg 28906384_10216201148163217_397566944_n (resized).jpg28906384_10216201148163217_397566944_n (resized).jpg

28832812_10216201148643229_62959347_n (resized).jpg28832812_10216201148643229_62959347_n (resized).jpg 28907134_10216201146763182_280361852_n (resized).jpg28907134_10216201146763182_280361852_n (resized).jpg

28829422_10216201148683230_25575946_n (resized).jpg28829422_10216201148683230_25575946_n (resized).jpg 28829454_10216201148923236_282908737_n (resized).jpg28829454_10216201148923236_282908737_n (resized).jpg

#3589 6 years ago

Looks like a cool mod....how much is it delivered to the US?

#3590 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That's kinda what I was thinking.

#3591 6 years ago

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what shots qualify as "bonus" versus just regular scoring? Also, the skill shot on the mini-LCD says it is a bonus multiplier but I'm pretty sure I've hit it and still only had a 1x bonus multiplier at the end of my ball. lil help?

Edit: I also don't quite understand "bonus held", it seems to always be equal to the value of your bonus in effect doubling it?

#3592 6 years ago

Just upgraded local SW Premium to newest code, played a few games and the mission select bug reared its head. Noticed it happens more often after the use of an add-a-ball. Hope this helps. Reverted back to prior code.

#3593 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what shots qualify as "bonus" versus just regular scoring? Also, the skill shot on the mini-LCD says it is a bonus multiplier but I'm pretty sure I've hit it and still only had a 1x bonus multiplier at the end of my ball. lil help?
Edit: I also don't quite understand "bonus held", it seems to always be equal to the value of your bonus in effect doubling it?

If you hit it it should give you increased bonus X. Bonus Held on ball three will just give you your bonus again (doubling it). On previous balls it instead doesn't reset the bonus for the next ball, allowing you to keep building it further

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just upgraded local SW Premium to newest code, played a few games and the mission select bug reared its head. Noticed it happens more often after the use of an add-a-ball. Hope this helps. Reverted back to prior code.

What version are you running? 1.01 just addressed this.

#3595 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Just eyeball it and use the bubble and play a few games till you get to your liking. You guys crack me up with your levelling apps.

#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just eyeball it and use the bubble. You guys crack me up with your levelling apps.

right? i can play 2 games on any machine and level it out based on gameplay. funny stuff

#3597 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

right? i can play 2 games on any machine and level it out based on gameplay. funny stuff

It’s not about the left to right. That’s easy.

#3598 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What version are you running? 1.01 just addressed this.

#3599 6 years ago

Just sent this to Stern: I would like to report a bug that has shown up a few times now. I’m running V1.0 firmware on a SW LE

This bug occurs when the ball is being launched around the hyperspace loop. When it finishes and the diverter redirects the ball to the right flipper lane, the flippers are dead and so the ball drains. It doesn’t say “tilt” or indicate a problem. Once the ball drains, you get the bonus and normal game play resumes. It doesn’t happen every time the hyperspace loop is activated.

Has anyone else had this happen?

#3600 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Just sent this to Stern: I would like to report a bug that has shown up a few times now. I’m running V1.0 firmware on a SW LE
This bug occurs when the ball is being launched around the hyperspace loop. When it finishes and the diverter redirects the ball to the right flipper lane, the flippers are dead and so the ball drains. It doesn’t say “tilt” or indicate a problem. Once the ball drains, you get the bonus and normal game play resumes. It doesn’t happen every time the hyperspace loop is activated.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Yes, however I haven't seen it since I've gotten V1.01 installed.....but as you said, it doesn't happen everytime, so I can't say for sure if it got solved by V1.01!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/72?hl=bzamborski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.