• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,264 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200127_183957 (resized).jpg
C31275E2-87CF-4915-A8F8-A73A3A47818A (resized).jpeg
CD47544B-4ACC-43E3-B1F9-CA630F5D2F80 (resized).jpeg
SPIKE 2 Power (resized).jpg
1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
SW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8412 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 169.
#3501 1 year ago

I dont see it anywhere, maybe its just on Apple?

#3502 1 year ago

Anybody have a pic with the blue plastic protectors?

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Whats the pinguy app?

Are you like Trent and only have a flip phone? Its ok, I am jealous in some ways. Sometimes less is more.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I dont see it anywhere, maybe its just on Apple?

For Android, use "Pinball Leveller"

#3506 1 year ago

Stern just posted V1.01 code for our pins.......grab those USB sticks!

Highlight for me:

- The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the
trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served.

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Stern just posted V1.01 code for our pins.......grab those USB sticks!
Highlight for me:

Yes!

Full Pro changelog:

PRO V1.01 - March 01, 2018
==========================
Moved to System 1.95:
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Improved sound proccessing
- Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,
Game Play, and Service Mode adjustments in the service menu
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up

Fixed:
- BONUS CHAMPION was not being displayed during attract mode.
- Install Hard or Extra Hard will now work correctly
- Changed the lamp #15 to SKILL SHOT to match the manual

#3508 1 year ago

Yes huge bug fix / workaround.

#3509 1 year ago

How does one preserve audits and such whilst updating the code?

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

How does one preserve audits and such whilst updating the code?

One loses one's audits and such.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

One loses one's audits and such.

Well gosh darn it. That's something up with which I'd rather not put.

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

LMAO, Thou shalt have to putteth up

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Some are worth it, some aren't. If you don;t mind being boned by the mission start bug once every hundred times no need to update.

#3514 1 year ago

Yesterday I installed the Spike 2 headphone plate kit, the pinovators sub kit (along with a big 12" sub), and a shaker. These upgrades are fantastic!!

I LOVE the headphone plate. You can set it up in the adjustments menu to control volume of headphones or headphones/speakers. Plus it auto-detects when you plug headphones in, muting the speakers.

The pinnovators kit it top quality too. Easy install and sounds great with the sub. I installed 3 of them yesterday. TWD & MET sound incredible! IJ is next. I always connected my subs the old school way before (splicing in speaker wire). The sub board is MUCH better. Definitely cranks the sub more!

Mirror blades are going in today.
To top it off, we just got a code update this morning. Feels like XMAS!

Junky

20180306_085821 (resized).jpg

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some are worth it, some aren't. If you don;t mind being boned by the mission start bug once every hundred times no need to update.

Do we have any word on if there are more updates planned?

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Improved sound proccessing
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up"

To me these upgrades are totally worth it

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

To me these upgrades are totally worth it

Sure case by case. I mostly play quitley when my family is sleeping so it isn't to me
I never even updated to the newest Met code when I owned it.

Quoted from zacaj:

I'm sure there will be. Whether it's in 3 months of a year is another question.

#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You never know for certain, rumor is that Dwight owns the game so if there is more he wants to add for his own enjoyment, we could all benefit from that. But I wouldn't count on any more big changes to the code, just minor tweaks and bug fixes like in this update.

#3519 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You never know for certain, rumor is that Dwight owns the game so if there is more he wants to add for his own enjoyment, we could all benefit from that. But I wouldn't count on any more big changes to the code, just minor tweaks and bug fixes like in this update.

As the game sits today the code is fantastic. The ONLY item I would hope could get implemented is a way to not play Light Saber Duel a second time if it had previously been defeated.

#3520 1 year ago

Wasn't there an issue with hyper loop ramp not diverting the ball right and it slamming the metal diverter? I would have thought that would have been addressed in this code update?

#3521 1 year ago

It doesn’t look like they addressed the hyperloop issue in this update. I’m surprised that wasn’t the highest priority fix.

#3522 1 year ago

Noooooo. I was hoping for an autoplunger adjustment option... Happy with the rest of the changes though.

#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,

This is cool. One of the cool things about spike is being about to dim the backbox during game play to cut down on reflection. Interacting menu just makes it easier to set up. This and the new sound settings are totally worth it. I have the Flipper Fidelity speakers with ten inch woofer and was hoping for better control. Once again the spike 2.1 system is superior to the old way where there was a crossover between the cabinet and backbox. I haven't experienced/noticed the ball drain issue, but glad it's fixed anyway! Keep them coming Dwight!

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It doesn’t look like they addressed the hyperloop issue in this update. I’m surprised that wasn’t the highest priority fix.

While annoying, the hyperloop issue rarely caused a ball drain. The Mission Select ball release problem ALWAYS caused a ball drain, so I can understand why they concentrated on that fix first.

I had a chance to speak to Dwight this last weekend at Louisville Expo, and he mentioned that he has a SW LE in his own private collection. We talked about some mods he himself is considering, although when queried about any upcoming code updates he quickly quoted the company line. With him having one in his own collection it bodes well for more future code fixes as he will most likely also run into issues we experience himself...

#3525 1 year ago

** Star Wars vs. AC/DC? **

I know it's not the best comparison, and I know "vs" threads are irritating to many, but I would love to hear from any SW Premium owners who also happen to have a AC/DC Premium.

(The more obvious thread is a comparison between MET Premium and AC/DC Premium - which I've read, with keen interest.)

I'm shopping for a pin and these two are presently the strongest contenders that are offered for sale in my region.

Thanks in advance for any/all opinions on how the two titles compare and if, in your case, one gets more plays in your collection than the other.

#3526 1 year ago

Please start a new thread for your "vs" debate. Don't want to derail this thread.

#3527 1 year ago

Best game to date on my Premium (yeah, it has a Pro translite):

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I know it's not the best comparison, and I know "vs" threads are irritating to many, but I would love to hear from any SW Premium owners who also happen to have a AC/DC Premium.
(The more obvious thread is a comparison between MET Premium and AC/DC Premium - which I've read, with keen interest.)
I'm shopping for a pin and these two are presently the strongest contenders that are offered for sale in my region.
Thanks in advance for any/all opinions on how the two titles compare and if, in your case, one gets more plays in your collection than the other.

I have both and wouldn’t get rid of either of them. If you want to do the best thing, buy them both.

#3529 1 year ago

Forget the hyperspace/death star shot. I can't hit the damn spinner/orbit

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

It backhands pretty easy.

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It backhands pretty easy.

6.5 pitch is key.

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I have both sitting side by side...I love both games so its pretty difficult to pick one over the other....both are very fast, and fun....as you know AC/DC has mature code, SW code seems to be getting better and better....I'd say if you love AC/DC more than than SW get AC/DC....if you like SW more than AC/DC then pick up a SW.....cant go wrong with either....

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Forget the damn spinner, I can't hit the right orbit

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Forget the damn spinner, I can't hit the right orbit

It's defiantly the tougher for me as well.

#3535 1 year ago

So I put my playfield back to 6.5. Easier to backhand, etc. but if I ever hit left loop with speed it’s sdtm every time. Anyone have this problem and get it fixed?

On a separate note, I have a premium and noticed a second set of sling and outlane plastics in the goodie bag. Anyone consider trading their extras to mix and match? Is there a place to see good photos of those plastics on each machine?

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I put my playfield back to 6.5. Easier to backhand, etc. but if I ever hit left loop with speed it’s sdtm every time. Anyone have this problem and get it fixed?
On a separate note, I have a premium and noticed a second set of sling and outlane plastics in the goodie bag. Anyone consider trading their extras to mix and match? Is there a place to see good photos of those plastics on each machine?

yep, i've had this too and at 6.5 the game feels slow and "floaty" with more risk of the ball going out the outlanes.
I very much doubt Steve Ritchie designed it at 6.5 degree like he claims.

I set mine to 7.1degree and alot of the issues are solved, and I can still backhad the ramps and death star

#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

yep, i've had this too and at 6.5 the game feels slow and "floaty" with more risk of the ball going out the outlanes.
I very much doubt Steve Ritchie designed it at 6.5 degree like he claims.
I set mine to 7.1degree and alot of the issues are solved, and I can still backhad the ramps and death star

7.1 backhand? Impressive. Gravity does behave different down under. I don't know weather or not it actually impacts pinball (doubt it) but its funny.

Geoids_sm (resized).jpg

#3538 1 year ago

Does the update erase your high scores?

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Does the update erase your high scores?

All of them so far have, so I wouldn't expect any different from this one. Really wish that Stern would turn this off in their system base code........

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

All of them so far have, so I wouldn't expect any different from this one. Really wish that Stern would turn this off in their system base code........

I never understood this. Almost all updates change the scoring to "some" degree. Sometimes minor, sometimes dramatic. High scores are achieved on a certain game code. A high score retained on new code that was achieved on previous code doesn't seem right to me.

That being said, I believe you can use pinball browser to manually enter in the scores.

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I never understood this. Almost all updates change the scoring to "some" degree. Sometimes minor, sometimes dramatic. High scores are achieved on a certain game code. A high score retained on new code that was achieved on previous code doesn't seem right to me.
That being said, I believe you can use pinball browser to manually enter in the scores.

I can understand that point of view as well, especially on some early code where scoring balance can be out of whack. However it's not just high scores, audits and settings are lost as well.

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I can understand that point of view as well, especially on some early code where scoring balance can be out of whack. However it's not just high scores, audits and settings are lost as well.

Understood. You can download audits to USB.

#3543 1 year ago

Hi guys. I've read a ton here and I'm unable to find a definitive answer. What pitch are you using that will fix these annoying issues?

With 6.6, 6.7 I get the ball save auto plunger - to 3 bank target - to left outlane drain. So frustrating!

Some here say that 6.5 is the answer. This feels really slow to me. And I still got the left outlane drain although not as much.

I tried 7. I think that was causing bad airballs that hit the glass from the diverter out of the hyperloop.

Is there a happy medium?
Please chime in. Thanks

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agreed. In particular, number of plays should be treated like a car odometer. Not only does it remain after an update, but it is impossible to ever reset or lower.

#3545 1 year ago

Saved on the SD card. And you don't have to make a backup of the card. You will lose your high scores and settings though.

#3546 1 year ago

Hi guys. I've read a ton here and I'm unable to find a definitive answer. What pitch are you using that will fix these annoying issues?
With 6.6, 6.7 I get the ball save auto plunger - to 3 bank target - to left outlane drain. So frustrating!
Some here say that 6.5 is the answer. This feels really slow to me. And I still got the left outlane drain although not as much.
I tried 7. I think that was causing bad airballs that hit the glass from the diverter out of the hyperloop.
Is there a happy medium?
Please chime in. Thanks

I just play my Pro at the recommended 6.5 degrees. It's fast as hell and I am able to backhand the deathstar shot, the right ramp and I've even had success backhanding the left orbit. I do have the issue where I get a SDTM drain when hitting the left loop at times, which is the only thing left I'd like to make an adjustment for. The left outlane can be pretty rough, even with the post set at the lowest position, but it'll just make me a better player. I do think the left outlane is a bit off-putting to guests though, it can be brutal.

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

but it'll just make me a better player

What ktownhero said.
If you want a easy to play pin, maybe get a zizzle.

#3548 1 year ago

I appreciate the input. I'm talking about ball save auto plunger to left outlane drain though.

#3549 1 year ago

I appreciate the input. I'm talking about auto plunger to left outlane drain though.

Nudge!

#3550 1 year ago

I have mine at about 6.9 and have none of the SDTM issues. Although my auto plunger sucks and sometimes does not even hit the targets. I need to figure out why that is happening.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
There are 8412 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 169.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside