• Pro 133 votes
    28%
  • Premium 199 votes
    41%
  • LE 150 votes
    31%

(482 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
20200328_221834 (resized).jpg
20200326_205333209_iOS (resized).jpg
4F3ECC38-F143-4686-83AB-9A405B600707 (resized).jpeg
FAF589FB-9ACC-4EEF-ABDC-4470404396BE (resized).jpeg
Header (resized).png
IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
55F40A81-A368-4201-9DB7-A8E41C777B25 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200319-014246_Photos.jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
comic_blades (resized).jpg
EF8E9345-0490-4786-BB90-C88ACE738F2A.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8643 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 173.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Get the Armada Star Destroyer, it looks like it came with the machine. Very highly detailed.

How are you guys mounting these ships? I have some piano wire and I was thinking about using that. Seems like the Armada ship is kind of big for one mount though.

Edit: I found some great picture from earlier in this thread using piano wire. I will mount some toys, though I am a little worried the Armada class Destroyer is a little too big. I am go to try to keep it over top of the right ramp as much as possible.

#3452 2 years ago

How do you guys handle the mode stacking?
On my SW I have the mode stacking turned completly off and like the gameplay and the animations this way more. Perhaps I miss a few strategy options, but I think too much stacking is confusing. I like to get involved in one mode. And SW is an other game without stacking.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

On my SW I have the mode stacking turned completly off and like the gameplay and the animations this way more. Perhaps I miss a few strategy options, but I think too much stacking is confusing. I like to get involved in one mode. And SW is an other game without stacking.

Yeah you miss lot of stragtegies options. On the other side stacking is not available for mini-wizard mode by default and it's great like that.

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I've left it on, but I don't use it much as I agree it's more fun with a single mode. But sometimes I feel like playing for completion, not the modes themselves, and then there's a whole different layer of strategy to lighting the right modes to stack together

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I always have it off because like you, I want to be involved in the single mode.

On a side note, I have increased ball save time on the mini wizard modes to 40 seconds. This doesn't really make them easier, but certainly gives more breathing room. SW can be a drain monster at times.

Rob

#3456 2 years ago

I kind of liked the white trim at first, but once I stepped back from machine about 10 feet it really stuck out like a sore thumb. The whole game has black trim and the white around the head just didn't look right. It looks so much better now. It only took a few minutes to do too. I did it while I was putting in the Flipper fidelity speaker system.

Here's a picture with one of each so you can really see the difference.

20180303_151001 (resized).jpg

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I kind of liked the white trim at first, but once I stepped back from machine about 10 feet it really stuck out like a sore thumb. The whole game has black trim and the white around the head just didn't look right. It looks so much better now. It only took a few minutes to do too. I did it while I was putting in the Flipper fidelity speaker system.

To each their own. I like the white!

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To each their own. I like the white!

That's what makes this hobby great!

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The whole game has black trim and the white around the head just didn't look right

I think that means you need to make the rest of the trim white!

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think that means you need to make the rest of the trim white!

I know where we can get some white trim...

supreme (resized).jpg

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I like that...I actually just bought some black T molding....was it hard? my T molding seems stiff so was a little worried about the corners? any advice would be appreciated.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like that...I actually just bought some black T molding....was it hard? my T molding seems stiff so was a little worried about the corners? any advice would be appreciated.

I put green molding on my GB. I was a little I timidated, but there are some YouTube videos . You cut little wedges out on the corners from the back piece so makes the curve nicely. Not hard to do at all. I like the white on SW, though.

#3463 2 years ago

I'm planning on doing a white metallic powdercoat on the trim for my SW Premium. Going for a Stormtrooper look to tie in with the dark side theme. I think it'll look cool and different.

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How are you guys mounting these ships? I have some piano wire and I was thinking about using that. Seems like the Armada ship is kind of big for one mount though.
Edit: I found some great picture from earlier in this thread using piano wire. I will mount some toys, though I am a little worried the Armada class Destroyer is a little too big. I am go to try to keep it over top of the right ramp as much as possible.

Armada Imperial Destroyer looks fantastic and fits perfectly, looks like it came with machine.

#3466 2 years ago

Well, unfortunately they are probably listing the correct price. I guess toppers are 5 bills now. This will make ghostbusters and star wars two pins I have without toppers. As much as I like the gb topper, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, unfortunately they are probably listing the correct price. I guess toppers are 5 bills now. This will make ghostbusters and star wars two pins I have without toppers. As much as I like the gb topper, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

GOT, GB and SW were all $500. KISS, BM, AS, and GOTG are $400.

#3468 2 years ago

Do any of you have inside info on this? Have Stern and Disney come to an agreement? SW REALLY needs a topper. Wish they would release it already! I’ve been checking Marco almost daily. Yes $500 is pricey, but if it actually has a moving R2 and some kind of “projector” that would be AWESOME.

Quoted from kermit24:

GOT, GB and SW were all $500. KISS, BM, AS, and GOTG are $400.

TWD was $400 also. And I’m kicking myself for waiting. Now that I want one, they aren’t available anywhere. Frustrating!

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Do any of you have inside info on this? Have Stern and Disney come to an agreement?

No inside info. I am certain they expected the Disney approval way before this. Not good news that it is March and the topper is nowhere to be seen. But, seeing the part number and price on Marco's site is certainly a good sign. I'll call it now by quoting our favorite founder of Heighway Pinball, "Two weeks".

#3470 2 years ago

Are settings modifications saved on the sd card or on the board somewhere? I made a backup of my sd card to try my first pinball browser attempt, and am wondering about settings, etc.

#3471 2 years ago

Quoted from paynemic:Are settings modifications saved on the sd card or on the board somewhere? I made a backup of my sd card to try my first pinball browser attempt, and am wondering about settings, etc.

Saved on the SD card. And if you are messing with pinball browser you don't have to make a backup of the card. You will lose your high scores and settings though.

Added over 2 years ago: Saved on the SD card. And you don't have to make a backup of the card. You will lose your high scores and settings though

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

When you pull the old T-molding off you will notice that the ridge that fits into the slit is cut off at the corners to allow it to make the curve easily and smoothly. All you need to do is use some cutters to cut the molding the same way the factory one is cut. This is not an exact science here, if you are a little off it won't be visible at all. If you don't take off enough material, you can always go back and cut a little more. Just put the seam in the middle on the bottom like it was to begin with. I used a stout set of sharp scissors to make the final cut and it came out nice and flush. One other thing to verify is that you got the right channel, by holding it up against the original and making sure the dimensions are the same.

20180303_225512 (resized).jpg

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No inside info. I am certain they expected the Disney approval way before this. Not good news that it is March and the topper is nowhere to be seen. But, seeing the part number and price on Marco's site is certainly a good sign. I'll call it now by quoting our favorite founder of Heighway Pinball, "Two weeks".

Not good that the topper is going to cost $500.00.

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Not good that the topper is going to cost $500.00.

What price were you expecting? The $400 toppers Stern has sold are light show interactive only. The $500 toppers seem to actually have moving parts - dragon wings (GOT), rotating (well sort of) beacons (GB).

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What price were you expecting? The $400 toppers Stern has sold are light show interactive only. The $500 toppers seem to actually have moving parts - dragon wings (GOT), rotating (well sort of) beacons (GB).

Yeah, GB has no moving parts. It's plastic and LEDs.

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, GB has no moving parts. It's plastic and LEDs.

Thats why I said "sort of" - I just couldn't bring myself to drop the coin on the GB topper with the fake lightbar.

#3477 2 years ago

Picked this shooter up at Louisville this weekend.......I like it!!!

IMG_5933.JPG

#3478 2 years ago

How about some free play and instruction cards? Anyone have links or files to post? Thanks!

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How about some free play and instruction cards? Anyone have links or files to post? Thanks!

Suggestion: go to the top of the thread page and search for "cards"......all kinds of choices will pop up, even a few I made.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Suggestion: go to the top of the thread page and search for "cards"......all kinds of choices will pop up, even a few I made.

Wow. I feel a little stupid. I searched on "card" instead of "cards" and got practically nothing. Searching on "cards" brought a whole lot of great stuff. Obviously the Pinside search function doesn't work like I'm used to...

Thanks again!

#3481 2 years ago

Deleted

#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

When you pull the old T-molding off you will notice that the ridge that fits into the slit is cut off at the corners to allow it to make the curve easily and smoothly. All you need to do is use some cutters to cut the molding the same way the factory one is cut. This is not an exact science here, if you are a little off it won't be visible at all. If you don't take off enough material, you can always go back and cut a little more. Just put the seam in the middle on the bottom like it was to begin with. I used a stout set of sharp scissors to make the final cut and it came out nice and flush. One other thing to verify is that you got the right channel, by holding it up against the original and making sure the dimensions are the same.

Thank you...I appreciate the insight....

#3483 2 years ago

My Star Wars "Worlds" mod is nearly complete - with the exception of some refinements. Hoth is a tough paint job and I might leave it as is (hey, ice is pretty plain) but add depth to the cannon and shield generator.

This, along with a couple ships, finally makes my pro feel less "pro"

sw worlds (resized).jpg

SW Worlds 2 (resized).jpg

#3484 2 years ago

I like this idea. Not just putting ships of all kinds of sizes all over the place.

#3485 2 years ago

Right! I tried to maintain same-scale for all the models, with the exception of the bunker on Endor. This had to be significantly larger scale to show detail (it should be much smaller than the shield generator that is sits next to).

My goal was to have these dioramas coordinate with the ball hold for each mode; ball sits under the bunker for Endor, under the palace for Tatooine and near the Ion cannon for Hoth (at least on the Pro).

#3486 2 years ago

R2D2 had been waiting for months in my game room. Finally his machine is here. He is a little upset about not having a topper though.

20180304_220235 (resized).jpg

#3487 2 years ago

Cool R2D2. I see an opening at the top - Is it a beverage cooler? Trash can?

EDIT: I'm guessing beverage cooler based on the Pepsi logo at the bottom. Cool; yours looks mint. Some not as nice one's available on eBay. Nice score in having a good one.

#3488 2 years ago

I'm in the club!

20180305_182535 (resized).jpg

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm in the club!

Awesome choice. Mind me asking, how do you like that VP game? Always intrigued me with space constraints. Mama has closed the Dining room Pinball expansion.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Cool R2D2. I see an opening at the top - Is it a beverage cooler? Trash can?
EDIT: I'm guessing beverage cooler based on the Pepsi logo at the bottom. Cool; yours looks mint. Some not as nice one's available on eBay. Nice score in having a good one.

Yeah it is a beverage cooler. The lid was originally clear, but I removed it, turned it upside down and sprayed it with fusion metallic paint. I didn't have to tape off the decals and now it looks more like the real R2!

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah it is a beverage cooler. The lid was originally clear, but I removed it, turned it upside down and sprayed it with fusion metallic paint. I didn't have to tape off the decals and now it looks more like the real R2!

So what do you keep in it?!?

#3492 2 years ago

Have a premium on location at our store for about a week now and it has really grown on me. The presentation is top notch.

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So what do you keep in it?!?

It's just here for looks, but can be used for beverages of my choice at my next gathering. Truthfully it is a cool looking prop for the gameroom and I only paid $75 for it. It gets a lot of comments when people come over; mostly good.

#3494 2 years ago

So I’m starting to notice a few of the mentioned problems now. Balls coming sdtm when hitting the left loop (with ramp down) or coming off so hard it will bounce over the flippers and drain.

Also seeing occasional autoplunger going off tie bank and down left outlane.

Right saucer (Tatooine) comes out HOT but usually hits the left flipper. Unless I’m so stupid as to try to flip it with my left. Then it goes right under it. Sometimes my reflexes make me because it’s going so fast!!

I’m about as close to perfect level as I can make it. 6.8 degrees and level. What has worked for people?

Thanks in advance.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m starting to notice a few of the mentioned problems now. Balls coming sdtm when hitting the left loop (with ramp down) or coming off so hard it will bounce over the flippers and drain.
Right saucer (Tatooine) comes out HOT but usually hits the left flipper. Unless I’m so stupid as to try to flip it with my left. Then it goes right under it. Sometimes my reflexes make me because it’s going so fast!!
I’m about as close to perfect level as I can make it. 6.8 degrees and level. What has worked for people?
Thanks in advance.

Can you backhand the Death Star ramp at 6.8? I have found that 6.5 is perfect since it allows me to backhand it.

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can you backhand the Death Star ramp at 6.8? I have found that 6.5 is perfect since it allows me to backhand it.

I have trouble backhanding the death star ramp along with the right ramp at 7....I can backhand the left ramp easy....maybe I guess need to lower mine...

#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks in advance.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I have trouble backhanding the death star ramp along with the right ramp at 7....I can backhand the left ramp easy....maybe I guess need to lower mine...

Seriously, SW Premium is the *one* pin that does not need an increase in pitch, it will not play right at any other pitch than 6.5. Been there done that, and so have many others that have had ours for a while.....

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously, SW Premium is the *one* pin that does not need an increase in pitch, it will not play right at any other pitch than 6.5. Been there done that, and so have many others that have had ours for a while.....

+100 I have played many examples and when the back legs are jacked up they play terrible. Use the “PinGuy” app. Not the bubble. If you want to make it hard, just raise the outlane posts all the way up. If you then want to make it really hard remove the outlane (or even inlane) post rubbers. Changing the pitch isn't the answer for the Premium / LE.

#3499 2 years ago

Whats the pinguy app?

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Whats the pinguy app?

Go to your smartphone’s App Store and search for pinguy. It’s a level & pitch app for smartphones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
There are 8643 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 173.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside