20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 300.
#3351 6 years ago

Just joined the club!

D9EC89CD-0F7E-4DE4-9563-724653A6E983 (resized).jpegD9EC89CD-0F7E-4DE4-9563-724653A6E983 (resized).jpeg

64CFC11D-DA0C-4711-ABE0-2ADD1058D485 (resized).jpeg64CFC11D-DA0C-4711-ABE0-2ADD1058D485 (resized).jpeg

#3352 6 years ago

Finally got my machine setup today. Added some of the popular mods. It looked great but didn’t pop as much as I would like. Lucky for me Pin Stadium lights are in my hometown. Picked up a set, got them installed and I’m very pleased. The UV flashers look fantastic too.

B80CC0C4-96C1-4006-B051-7C15124ABBB9 (resized).jpegB80CC0C4-96C1-4006-B051-7C15124ABBB9 (resized).jpeg

#3353 6 years ago

Mirror blades will make it pop.

#3354 6 years ago

My premium is on its way!! Anyone with a pro want to trade the translites with me? I like the pro better

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My premium is on its way!! Anyone with a pro want to trade the translites with me? I like the pro better

I can do that. Pm sent.

#3356 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Wasn’t completely satisfied with any of the inner cabinet art choices so I made my own.

These look great! How tight of a fit? Are they thicker than standard mirror blades?

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

These look great! How tight of a fit? Are they thicker than standard mirror blades?

They are essentially the same thickness as standard mirror blades. They are steel with laser cut holes that are powder coated gloss black. I taped a mirrored Mylar behind the holes. If desired, the Mylar is east removed and replaced with another color, EL paper, etc.

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Thanks, we don't have them on the site yet, but are working on it. The limiting factor now is figuring out shipping costs. Right now only a very limited number of them, but can make more if there is interest. Will likely be $150 per set.

Consider me interested! Those look awesome!

#3359 6 years ago

Anybody know of a base side rail that could be laser cut to have a similar lighted esthetic as the le? I like that Imperial pattern

#3360 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Finally got my machine setup today. Added some of the popular mods. It looked great but didn’t pop as much as I would like. Lucky for me Pin Stadium lights are in my hometown. Picked up a set, got them installed and I’m very pleased. The UV flashers look fantastic too.

How do you attach the light kit to the cabinet? Are they bright all the time or interactive with game play? They make the game look awesome.

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

How do you attach the light kit to the cabinet? Are they bright all the time or interactive with game play? They make the game look awesome.

You can customize the color and brightness via an app which really helps them look just right for each game. I had the opportunity to see them on 20 different machines and they all looked as if factory intended.
They simply mount with special adhesive magnets to the cabinet sides just below the glass track.
If you get the GI option and flasher option it is linked to the game and they turn off and on with the other lamps.
They’re just great. Whenever I get another pin, these lights have become a given for me.

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

You can customize the color and brightness via an app which really helps them look just right for each game. I had the opportunity to see them on 20 different machines and they all looked as if factory intended.
They simply mount with special adhesive magnets to the cabinet sides just below the glass track.
If you get the GI option and flasher option it is linked to the game and they turn off and on with the other lamps.
They’re just great. Whenever I get another pin, these lights have become a given for me.

How does the GI interaction work on a game like SW that has multicolor GI? For example, when the game turns all red, or all blue, are the stadium lights just off?

Edit: Found this video - looks like the integration is OK with optional GI interface. Looks like the Pinstadium lights just turn off when the white GI on the game is off.

#3363 6 years ago

On a different note, does anyone have an issue where the Ball Save or new ball ejects 2 instead of 1 ball? Or does the machine just think I need a handicap because I suck?

#3364 6 years ago

My Pro is shipping soon and I've read all the post.
Which fighter and cruiser ships are you guys buying? and where?

I really want to add the Millinium Falcon on the left, tie and X wings on the spot lights.

Thanks for your help in advance.

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

On a different note, does anyone have an issue where the Ball Save or new ball ejects 2 instead of 1 ball? Or does the machine just think I need a handicap because I suck?

Start with the shooter lane switch and make sure it is working properly.

#3366 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Happens occasionally on mine as well, as well as sometimes leaving the ball in the shooter lane during Multiball. I’m going to make sure it is set right first this weekend, else I’ll swap it out.

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Listen closely when this happens, does the first ball eject attempt not make it to the shooter lane and the game tries again? This can happen if the fist ball doesn't make it into the shooter lane and falls back in the trough. This results in 2 balls being stacked up on each other and the next attempt to eject a ball results in both balls being ejected.

If so, try adjusting up or down the shooter eject power. Might have to watch the ball as it is trying to eject and see if it is a mechanical problem with the trough eject area (ball bouncing into the shooter lane and back into the trough, ball not making it into the shooter lane, etc)

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...as well as sometimes leaving the ball in the shooter lane during Multiball. I’m going to make sure it is set right first this weekend, else I’ll swap it out.

I've had this happen once too. I would think this is the shooter lane switch not registering correctly.... only happened to me once so not quite yet worth looking into.

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I've had this happen once too. I would think this is the shooter lane switch not registering correctly.... only happened to me once to not quite yet worth looking into.

Same here..... Happened once and I thought "aaah, shit" hasn't happened since. Does that count as a successful repair ?

#3370 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Start with the shooter lane switch and make sure it is working properly.

Is that something under Diagnostics that I can test or am I manually doing something? It's not an issue where the ball isn't making it out of the shooter lane, it basically seems like it dispenses 2 balls at once rather than one. Or on rare occasion mid ball it will kick out another and I did not activate any multi ball that I an aware of. It doesn't happen too often, maybe 5% of the time... Maybe the switch is overly sensitive?

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is that something under Diagnostics that I can test or am I manually doing something? It's not an issue where the ball isn't making it out of the shooter lane, it basically seems like it dispenses 2 balls at once rather than one. Or on rare occasion mid ball it will kick out another and I did not activate any multi ball that I an aware of. It doesn't happen too often, maybe 5% of the time... Maybe the switch is overly sensitive?

There's a switch test in diagnostics. Make sure that when there's a ball in the shooter lane the shooter lane switch registers, and when you take the ball away it doesn't. Also go the 'Clear Trough' test, and verify that all the optos are functioning correctly. If the trough jam opto started acting up, that can cause it to kick out multiple balls, even in the middle of play

#3372 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Underly sensitive. Switch is used to identify there is a ball there. If its not working right, it doesn't think there is a ball and will send another one.

It is just a standard switch test process. Take the glass off and go into switch test. Roll a ball around in the lane and see if it activates when it is supposed to. Do not use your fingers to test, use a ball.

This is a new game so I am 90% confident you will just need to bend the wire up a bit so it activates all the time. However it can be a combination of shooter, trough and related switches. The machine uses these to determine the state of play.

As others have said, you need to be observant of the behaviour during play. If it is truly kicking balls out in the middle of play without multiball, then there may be something else wrong.

#3373 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My Pro is shipping soon and I've read all the post.
Which fighter and cruiser ships are you guys buying? and where?
I really want to add the Millinium Falcon on the left, tie and X wings on the spot lights.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hot wheels makes some good ships that can be bought pretty cheap and they look great. Most of the mods you see in this thread come from the Star Wars Miniature role playing game, or the Star Wars Armada ships. You can find them on eBay and Amazon.

#3374 6 years ago

ebay.com link: 0

9F346760-5F56-4DC1-BE76-30280C919518 (resized).png9F346760-5F56-4DC1-BE76-30280C919518 (resized).png

#3375 6 years ago

I've made these available in the pinside store shop.

16g brushed stainless laser cut. I can ship worldwide.

Here's a picture of it on a limited edition version of course pictures don't do it justice looks so much better in person.

IMG_6388 (resized).JPGIMG_6388 (resized).JPG

IMG_6392 (resized).JPGIMG_6392 (resized).JPG

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Yes. Only happens to me in Tie Fighter Multiball. It is most of the time for me.

At first I thought it was intended, like to Tie Fighters swooping in or something. Ha!

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Yes. Only happens to me in Tie Fighter Multiball. It is most of the time for me.
At first I thought it was intended, like to Tie Fighters swooping in or something. Ha!

I definitely have occasional cases where it'll kick two balls into the shooter lane before firing them. Seems like it only happens when it does need to eject at least two balls though, so not really a problem.

#3378 6 years ago

Hmmm.....with all these other reports of 2 balls in the shooter lane this may NOT be switch related....

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

These X-Wings and TIE Fighters are very nice and probably the most popular options (you can find them cheaper on e-bay without the cards and packaging):
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Miniatures-Core/dp/1616613769

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hmmm.....with all these other reports of 2 balls in the shooter lane this may NOT be switch related....

Mine only has ever happened during multiball, and the game never failed to launch them. If a ball is ever sitting in the shooterlane and not launched, you definitely have a switch issue.

#3381 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine only has ever happened during multiball, and the game never failed to launch them. If a ball is ever sitting in the shooterlane and not launched, you definitely have a switch issue.

Oh, mine is on MB as well only.......

#3382 6 years ago

Mine was during Tie Fighter MB. One ball sitting in the shooter lane until I noticed it after my ball didn't end once it drained off the PF.

#3383 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I definitely have occasional cases where it'll kick two balls into the shooter lane before firing them. Seems like it only happens when it does need to eject at least two balls though, so not really a problem.

Exactly the same here. For me, two balls fired at once for Tie Fighter Multiball. I have never noticed it in any other situation.They both glide onto the field together at the same time.

#3384 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Exactly the same here. For me, two balls fired at once for Tie Fighter Multiball. I have never noticed it in any other situation.They both glide onto the field together at the same time.

Same for me.

#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I would bet money that this is the same exact problem that my brand new Metallica had last week. The first ball was striking the Cliffy in the shooter lane and then bouncing back in on top of another ball that had dropped in the trough. I had to slightly bend the metal deflector plate so that the ball couldn't easily bounce back in. It fixed the problem 100% immediately.
My new Star Wars will be here in a couple days and then I will be able to see if it's the same.
Junky

#3386 6 years ago

mnpinball when is this said R2D2 topper due to be announced?

#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

mnpinball when is this said R2D2 topper due to be announced?

The license holder keeps rejecting the design. In the end it will be a Jar Jar Binks topper instead.

Seriously though, I have been waiting intently on the topper. I was hoping the topper would arrive before my Premium, but it looks like that is not going to happen! I join the club tomorrow.

#3388 6 years ago

FDF0A27C-42EA-4665-AD4D-CA0DEBC62D01 (resized).jpegFDF0A27C-42EA-4665-AD4D-CA0DEBC62D01 (resized).jpeg

#3389 6 years ago

Same for me, on Tie Fighter MB. This happens consistently at the start of that MB. This is the only time in the game when that occurs...2 balls shoot up and glide onto the pf together. Due to that being the only time that happens, and bc it happens consistently at the start of that MB, I believe it is programmed that way.
Ive had this game for over 6 months now and absolutely love it and have not tired of it at all. I really think this game is a home run. Accessories and topper would be cool too...

#3390 6 years ago

I just noticed that this insert doesn’t appear to be used. It’s under the spinner on the premium. I went through the lamp menu and it doesn’t appear to be assigned. I haven’t lifted the playfield to see if there is a lamp there or not. Has anyone else noticed this?

3826C0A7-1774-4C92-9C7C-0917BCF8E3F9 (resized).jpeg3826C0A7-1774-4C92-9C7C-0917BCF8E3F9 (resized).jpeg

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I just noticed that this insert doesn’t appear to be used. It’s under the spinner on the premium. I went through the lamp menu and it doesn’t appear to be assigned. I haven’t lifted the playfield to see if there is a lamp there or not. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's a flasher

#3392 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's a flasher

Thanks! Should’ve checked that. After over 1000 plays you’d think I would’ve noticed.

#3393 6 years ago

Got my star wars pinball translight autographed by Jeremy Bulloch Aka the original Boba Fett.... also by Temuera Morrison
aka Jango Fett aka Captain Rex aka Commander Cody and every other Commander .......ooohhh and every clone trooper turned storm trooper....lol

IMG-20180226-WA0030 (resized).jpgIMG-20180226-WA0030 (resized).jpg

20180224_142850 (resized).jpg20180224_142850 (resized).jpg

#3394 6 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Got my star wars pinball translight autographed by Jeremy Bulloch Aka the original Boba Fett.... also by Temuera Morrison
aka Jango Fett aka Captain Rex aka Commander Cody and every other Commander .......ooohhh and every clone trooper turned storm trooper....lol

Nice work - Make sure Jar Jar signs it also.

#3395 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nice work - Make sure Jar Jar signs it also.

Misa dont like jar jar ...

#3396 6 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

That’s hot! I’m jealous. Where’d you make all that happen?

#3397 6 years ago

My premium will be here tomorrow!!!!
Very excite!!! (in a Borat voice)

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

My premium will be here tomorrow!!!!
Very excite!!! (in a Borat voice)

Good for you, this game rocks my pinhead hope you’re ready for a deep game.

#3399 6 years ago

I'm ready! Thanks.

I have some questions.

What are your guys' thoughts on side blades?
Mirrors or Powerbladez?
I have mirrors on my TWD and love them, and I have powerbladez on MET and love them too. I'm torn..
I'm considering the pinstadium lights kit. Looks pretty cool but they're pricey for LEDs imo. Will the pinstadium brackets work with mirrors? I know they would attach. I'm wondering if the playfield would clear with the thickness of the bracket on top of the mirrors?

On the Stern SW matrix list it shows that it has a jack/output/port for adding external amplifiers. I'm hoping this will allow for RCA outputs to a sub. It would be nice to use low level RCA inputs on a sub vs speaker level (like I did on my other sterns). Would one of you please explain what/where this output is? Is it just a headphone jack in the backbox with no volume level control like ghostbusters has? I hope not.

Do any of you have acrylic designs on your speakers? I ordered Doug's RGB lights and the acrylic SW logo cutouts but I'm curious if any of you have installed these. Please post a pic if you can.

Thanks guys

Junky

#3400 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm ready! Thanks.
I have some questions.
What are your guys' thoughts on side blades?
Mirrors or Powerbladez?
I have mirrors on my TWD and love them, and I have powerbladez on MET and love them too. I'm torn..
I'm considering the pinstadium lights kit. Looks pretty cool but they're pricey for LEDs imo. Will the pinstadium brackets work with mirrors? I know they would attach. I'm wondering if the playfield would clear with the thickness of the bracket on top of the mirrors?
On the Stern SW matrix list it shows that it has a jack/output/port for adding external amplifiers. I'm hoping this will allow for RCA outputs to a sub. It would be nice to use low level RCA inputs on a sub vs speaker level (like I did on my other sterns). Would one of you please explain what/where this output is? Is it just a headphone jack in the backbox with no volume level control like ghostbusters has? I hope not.
Do any of you have acrylic designs on your speakers? I ordered Doug's RGB lights and the acrylic SW logo cutouts but I'm curious if any of you have installed these. Please post a pic if you can.
Thanks guys
Junky

Congrats on the upcoming game. It's awesome. I've had my premium for 6 months now and I still love playing it. Challenging and fun and fast. And if your a SW fan...you won't be disappointed with the clips and sounds.
As far as the blades, I chose mirrors from Cointaker and I think they look great, especially for the premium as they reflect the wireforms nicely and add an extra dimension to the pf.
As far as the Pinstadium lights, I have them as well. No problems attaching them to the mirror blades. Plenty of room. While those lights aren't for every game, I'd say they add a lot to the SW (want to make sure to get the flasher option and attach the clip to the scoop, makes a cool purple glow before shooting the ball out from the scoop, it's cool), and I couldn't imagine them without them since putting them on. I communicated via email with Scott, and he sent me pics of how/where to attach them under the pf. The guys from Canadian Arcade also made a great "step by step how-to" video that's out there that was also really helpful in getting the lights installed quick and easy (thanks again for that CA guys).
I haven't done anything for the speakers, but for me, I haven't felt the need yet, but I know others have and have really liked upgrading the sound.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/68?hl=mistwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.