• Pro 86 votes
    24%
  • Premium 141 votes
    39%
  • LE 134 votes
    37%

(361 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 881 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180811_100753 (resized).jpg
E3B11A77-9370-4B7D-AB16-1069A987D7AD (resized).jpeg
734F262A-51F9-4A1D-BB61-4DD7C4B5C85B (resized).jpeg
F2789BD2-106D-4D4C-B376-6D166EA44BC0 (resized).jpeg
E7577B87-6148-4A0D-B725-32747D531C09 (resized).jpeg
73F1F87C-9554-4C3C-8A23-AEFDD42DB0E3 (resized).jpeg
38760900_10156531699588529_8031810648516067328_n (resized).jpg
38658490_10156531136083529_1345299704044322816_n (resized).jpg
20180512_145039 (resized).jpg
IMG_4355[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_4337[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_4329[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_4328[1] (resized).JPG
78C38679-A148-4285-AD5C-DD39F625600F (resized).jpeg
C4959AE1-64AD-4921-B652-F8A832541817 (resized).jpeg
8DA8B33A-0B95-48E9-A14E-1CF890C02DD6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5579 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 112.
#3201 6 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's not cool at all.....it definitely shouldn't have happened. I would be contacting Stern as my first option and saying exactly what happened and the damage done.

I did call Stern. They diverted me to the distributor for the warranty work. Trent over at Tilt Amusements has been great and very helpful trying to get the game back up and running. Hopefully Stern will get the part out to me quickly.

#3202 6 months ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Are there any links to the blades for sale anywhere?

Clarification - the Stern blade art....

#3203 6 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The pinball side mirrors website now says, "a division of cointaker" and their blades are $10 cheaper than the ones on the cointaker site. So is there a difference from buying from one site or the other?
Edit: I got my answer from the source (Melissa) and was told to order from pinballsidemirrors.com.

Thanks for the heads up.

#3204 6 months ago

In reviewing the GOTG update, it looks like they added auto-plunger and slingshot power adjustments. Does Star Wars have these adjustments? If not, I wish they could add them to the game. Have seen a few quick drains where it plunged to a drain, ball saved, then autoplunged to an outlane.

#3205 6 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

...Does Star Wars have these adjustments? ...

Huh interesting. Never noticed them but of course I never looked for them either

#3206 6 months ago

You can adjust the mechanical aspects of the plunger mechanism to get a stronger or weaker plunge or make it more consistent. Some of us with AV had to learn this. Fairly minor tweaking can make a big difference in how the ball is struck and plunged.

#3207 6 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

In reviewing the GOTG update, it looks like they added auto-plunger and slingshot power adjustments. Does Star Wars have these adjustments? If not, I wish they could add them to the game. Have seen a few quick drains where it plunged to a drain, ball saved, then autoplunged to an outlane.

Just trough eject and right eject

#3208 6 months ago

wish it were different, but my sw days are done.. bar the endless adjusting, just tired of another good feeling game beating boba and light saber duel, looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...

Multipliers.. nice ,nothing bad about them but over the top for me , let alone family& friends.

Ill miss that hyperloop.

#3209 6 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

...just tired of another good feeling game beating boba and light saber duel, looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...

Probably not the time to point this out but it's sounds like you need a lot of practice.

#3210 6 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

wish it were different, but my sw days are done.. bar the endless adjusting, just tired of another good feeling game beating boba and light saber duel, looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...
Multipliers.. nice ,nothing bad about them but over the top for me , let alone family& friends.
Ill miss that hyperloop.

My main complaint about this game is how you get trapped in light saber dual. You should be able to skip it or let it time out. It is so annoying how the game basically blocks progress from anything else while you're in it. I like the lighting effects and the mode itself is cool but man it's too much.

#3211 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

My main complaint about this game is how you get trapped in light saber dual. You should be able to skip it or let it time out. It is so annoying how the game basically blocks progress from anything else while you're in it. I like the lighting effects and the mode itself is cool but man it's too much.

Agree, its a killer mode but you should be able to get out of it. I dont trigger it enough to be too bothered

#3212 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

This is how I felt about horde for the longest time and was actually one of the reasons I got rid of it. Fast forward, Lyman finally fixed this and gave these choices. Hopefully Dwight will do the same for LSD > hey that’s a cool acronym

#3213 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably not the time to point this out but it's sounds like you need a lot of practice.

Probably not but its a comment I expected. Its sour when you cant master something, I have no issues with pinball defeat, or say reaching iron throne on got or going round twice on a hobbit . SW though needs to be flawlessly set up to master, and I’m capable enough in the tweak department, but even that isnt working out .

Good game, just too much for me

#3214 6 months ago

I became an expert tweaker with AVLE. No future game shall intimidate me!

However, AVLE pretty much has stayed dialed in. Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

#3215 6 months ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I became an expert tweaker with AVLE. No future game shall intimidate me!
However, AVLE pretty much has stayed dialed in. Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

It took a while to tweak the ramps, the shooter guide, and the playfield incline just right, but once it was done I haven't touched those since.....

#3216 6 months ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

Not mine.
EDIT: Mines a pro though

#3217 6 months ago

I have dealt with AVLE myself, and that was a smooth player after tweaking it.

I will have to make some serious modifications if I want mine to play like it should.
I had it at 7 so that orbit exits would not hit the top or clip the slings. This meant no hyperdrive backhands.
Now I have it at 6.5, but slings again get hit, and back to the endless drains on plunge.
There’s no in between. Next step is elongating the ball guide mount holes, I cant adjust any more . For 10k euro’s thats just a bridge too far .

#3218 6 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I have dealt with AVLE myself, and that was a smooth player after tweaking it.
I will have to make some serious modifications if I want mine to play like it should.
I had it at 7 so that orbit exits would not hit the top or clip the slings. This meant no hyperdrive backhands.
Now I have it at 6.5, but slings again get hit, and back to the endless drains on plunge.
There’s no in between. Next step is elongating the ball guide mount holes, I cant adjust any more . For 10k euro’s thats just a bridge too far .

Sorry about your troubles. I was having a similar problem with mine...almost made it unplayable. I went into the service menu and changed the coil power to soft...that fixed 90% of the cheap drains.

#3219 6 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...

SW definitely has a problem with the balance between in game progress and score. The more controlled you play in order to progress further, the less you hit your multipliers, the less you stack, etc. Of course, I think that's partly intentional. Steve Ritchie doesn't want you trapping up and making shots, that's why he put a three bank of death targets in that you have to bash to keep your multiplier up. Maybe the balance on that isn't right though either.

There's definitely also just a sort of magic stack you can get into by luck which pours out tons of points. I haven't been able to touch any of my highscores once I learned how to play it properly, and no idea where the billions even came from when I put them up.

#3220 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

SW definitely has a problem with the balance between in game progress and score. The more controlled you play in order to progress further, the less you hit your multipliers, the less you stack, etc. Of course, I think that's partly intentional. Steve Ritchie doesn't want you trapping up and making shots, that's why he put a three bank of death targets in that you have to bash to keep your multiplier up. Maybe the balance on that isn't right though either.
There's definitely also just a sort of magic stack you can get into by luck which pours out tons of points. I haven't been able to touch any of my highscores once I learned how to play it properly, and no idea where the billions even came from when I put them up.

For competitive play I definitely see this. I had selected R2D2 and played thru the Endor modes, completed light saber Dual and also gotten to victory multi ball by completing all of Endor. I ended up with a score of 830 Mill. The guy I was playing scored 670 mill on a multiplied video mode had a decent tie fighter multi-ball and ended up with 870 mill for the victory.

Anyone have a good stack suggested that is more lucrative?

I used to pick Han, select light tattooine from the plunge, loop the ramp to light endor, then play stacked endor and tatooine modes then stack both multiballs.

This used to be pretty lucrative but in the latest code they eliminated stacking the final planet modes so I'm not sure what's best on the latest code.

#3221 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

For competitive play I definitely see this. I had selected R2D2 and played thru the Endor modes, completed light saber Dual and also gotten to victory multi ball by completing all of Endor. I ended up with a score of 830 Mill. The guy I was playing scored 670 mill on a multiplied video mode had a decent tie fighter multi-ball and ended up with 870 mill for the victory.
Anyone have a good stack suggested that is more lucrative?
I used to pick Han, select light tattooine from the plunge, loop the ramp to light endor, then play stacked endor and tatooine modes then stack both multiballs.
This used to be pretty lucrative but in the latest code they eliminated stacking the final planet modes so I'm not sure what's best on the latest code.

Play as Han, and choose +5 Tiefighters. Hit the tie target and pound the button to build the tiefighters. Also start making Hoth shots until Hoth 1 lights. Go for the 35 tiefighters to start Tiefighter Multiball. Once multiball is done your multiplier should be up there above 30x just from bounces during MB. Keep it alive until Video mode and/or Hoth 1 light up (preferably both), and make the Hoth inner loop shot with the high multiplier on it. You'll do video mode then once or twice with a high multiplier, and a cool billion points after this is not uncommon, especially with 40X on the Hoth loop and both video mode & Hoth 1 consecutive. Play modes from there, and keep building Tiefighters as you can for some extra balls (if enabled)....until Lightsaber Duel slows things down!

2A8BA341-E560-4B77-B806-C088C78AB970 (resized).jpeg

#3222 6 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Play as Han, and choose +5 Tiefighters. Hit the tie target and pound the button to build the tiefighters. Also start making Hoth shots until Hoth 1 lights. Go for the 35 tiefighters to start Tiefighter Multiball. Once multiball is done your multiplier should be up there above 30x just from bounces during MB. Keep it alive until Video mode and/or Hoth 1 light up (preferably both), and make the Hoth inner loop shot with the high multiplier on it. You'll do video mode then once or twice with a high multiplier, and a cool billion points after this is not uncommon, especially with 40X on the Hoth loop and both video mode & Hoth 1 consecutive. Play modes from there, and keep building Tiefighters as you can for some extra balls (if enabled)....until Lightsaber Duel slows things down!

Solid strategy, which leads me to hope Dwight will tweak the video mode scoring again (they're still worthless with no multiplier, of course, which is fine). IMO top score for each video mode -- 40x multiplier, booster all the way, no collisions -- should be capped at ~500 million. Still lucrative but slightly less dominant.

#3223 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Solid strategy, which leads me to hope Dwight will tweak the video mode scoring again (they're still worthless with no multiplier, of course, which is fine). IMO top score for each video mode -- 40x multiplier, booster all the way, no collisions -- should be capped at ~500 million. Still lucrative but slightly less dominant.

I'd really like for there to be more skill to cashing out on video mode than just 'make sure the multiplier is on it after a multiball'. Seems like 40x while you close your eyes shouldn't be worth so much more than a perfect 1x.

In the end though, there's really no way to balance a score multiplier well. It's just always going to be worth more. I've been thinking about disconnecting my three-bank switches to see how that changes the game.

#3224 6 months ago

Most strategies are the same. Character doens't matter much...just spam the Endor ramp and you'll probably win.

Remember when people were crying aboot that?

#3225 6 months ago

BDC1A3EB-76F7-404B-8325-9CC1516D2EF1 (resized).jpeg

#3226 6 months ago

I think the issue with the score muliplier is it just gets too high too easily.
They could mitigate this by making the 3 bank hits more specific. Use that screen! Have Tie fighters appear above random targets. Destroy a tie fighter, increase the multiplier. Hit a target without a tie fighter and it just adds time to the current multiplier.

#3227 6 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the issue with the score muliplier is it just gets too high too easily.

Too high too easily??? To max it out to 40X it takes 19 hits of the 3 bank, and then knocking down the FORCE bank 4 times, all while making sure the ricochet off of the 3 bank doesn't drain no matter how bad it wants to. Plus the timer gets shorter and you have to line up the X with the appropriate shot. For mere humans not named Bowen I wouldn't call easy....

Quoted from chubtoad13:

They could mitigate this by making the 3 bank hits more specific. Use that screen! Have Tie fighters appear above random targets. Destroy a tie fighter, increase the multiplier. Hit a target without a tie fighter and it just adds time to the current multiplier.

Hmm...I do like this idea though....

#3228 6 months ago

Keeping 40x going isn't luck. it take a lot of skill to move that multiplier around while extending the time for the multiplier. I got a 1B hyperspace hurry the other day @ 40X and it was AWESOME. Not too high, it was earned.

#3229 6 months ago

Agreed! Getting, keeping, and moving the multiplier is one of the great X-factors that make this game great...

#3230 6 months ago

Ok “easy” was probably the wrong word. It’s not easy to max your multiplier, keep it that high,and move it around.
I meant compared to the value it’s not hard enough.
40x is a rediculous multiplier. I think it should be harder to get there, just to balance the scoring. If it was harder, then most people would be playing the game in the 2x-7x range, and 7x would mean something.
Right now if I hit video mode with less than 15x it feels like I failed.

#3231 6 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Right now if I hit video mode with less than 15x it feels like I failed.

*THAT* I can agree with!!!

#3232 6 months ago

Hitting video mode coming out of multi ball is a great strategy that I have mentioned to other competitive players. There are a TON of ways to blow this game up. You can go about it differently and get an awesome score.

#3233 6 months ago

The fact you can blow it up in many ways is great. And awesome when it happens as you plan it.

But the downside is that just one 40x shot , after a multiball, intentional or just lucky, can determine the outcome.

I’ve tried to lend out my game to friends of mine while I decide to keep or sell it, but all said “no Thanks, too much work and too hard ..”

For top players its a dream though .

#3234 6 months ago

How do you guys keep your helmet from fogging up while playing?

IMG_20180215_222927 (resized).jpg

#3235 6 months ago
Quoted from Sarge:

The Force......

#3236 6 months ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Have my wife drain it before I start playing Star Wars

#3237 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Have my wife drain it before I start playing Star Wars

Good idea, is she available tomorrow at 2?

#3238 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You might have some better luck here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-gay

#3239 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have work to do so probably yeah.

#3240 5 months ago

The muliplier is great the way it is, is add lot more depth and challenge to the game.
Players must use it wisely and it's a great risk vs reward feature.
It contribute to raise the adrenaline during gameplay.
Star Wars is simply a fantastic game with a few tip and adjustments.

#3241 5 months ago
Quoted from Sarge:

I’ve been having the same problem over here ...

EC76BD47-38E0-4026-BB5F-FAF3A954AF5B (resized).jpeg

#3242 5 months ago

Isnt that the Denver state flag?

#3243 5 months ago

This game is so much fun! So hard, but so rewarding. Had a good Lightsaber Duel mode today. Not sure how this stands up to others, but felt good to me! What a rush!!

20180216_195753 (resized).jpg

#3244 5 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This game is so much fun! So hard, but so rewarding. Had a good Lightsaber Duel mode today. Not sure how this stands up to others, but felt good to me! What a rush!!

Very strong score!!! I had 1.1B on it a around the holidays, haven't got close to that since......

#3245 5 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ve been having the same problem over here ...

I have that same LOTR poster...

#3246 5 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

I have that same LOTR poster...

Nice -- I hadn't noticed that (ripped that pic off of google, not me with the Vader bong I swear). But I actually had the same poster back in college! I should dig that out of the basement and get it back into action.

#3247 5 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice -- I hadn't noticed that (ripped that pic off of google, not me with the Vader bong I swear). But I actually had the same poster back in college! I should dig that out of the basement and get it back into action.

Dig the poster out or the Other thing from college in the picture??? lol

#3248 5 months ago

Just need an R2 topper and I think I am done upgrading/modding the game. Stern..any time...whenever you’re ready...any second now.

F587B5D0-9A00-4238-BAF8-77BB9E86F5C6 (resized).jpeg

5319D0EB-BC2B-41E8-B165-E4B12C30BE4E (resized).jpeg

#3249 5 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Just need an R2 topper and I think I am done upgrading/modding the game. Stern..any time...whenever you’re ready...any second now.

420 Tiefighters?????? Damn......

#3250 5 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

420 Tiefighters?????? Damn......

No, not really...the game is set to play easier for the kids. Outlanes are brought in, etc. I like that with these new games you can tweak away and make it as hard or easy as you like. That’s why I don’t post scores...too much variation in how the game is set up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 124.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocklin, CA
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 91.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 11.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5579 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 112.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside