IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 301.
#3051 6 years ago

Just had a marathon game, 6.2 Billion, and had everything lit but could never finish light saber duel (which stinks, because normally I have no problem doing that!) But I will admit, I changed the outposts down 1 to try and help my kids when they play, and clearly it made a difference. Still, such a fun game!

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hitting the force targets will spot letters. Completing the letters will light add a ball on the action button (orange). If you take too long between hits you'll lose letters.
Alright here's a question for you all: if you have a ball on top of the first ball in the trough (a trough jam), does the game kick it out during game over, or does it just let it sit there? On mine it'll happily ball search all day looking for the ball even though the switch test is reading that the trough is jammed?

Is that how it works? On my game, as soon as you hit a drop target the bank resets. Hitting the bank enough times lights the add a ball. Number of hits to light the add a ball at the drop bank changes depending on which planet multiball you are in. Also, add a ball is not available during hyperspace or tie fighter multiball IIRC.

#3053 6 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on a SW prem. I’m going to put it next to my ST prem just to annoy everyone.

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Is that how it works? On my game, as soon as you hit a drop target the bank resets. Hitting the bank enough times lights the add a ball. Number of hits to light the add a ball at the drop bank changes depending on which planet multiball you are in. Also, add a ball is not available during hyperspace or tie fighter multiball IIRC.

Each time you hit any targets the bank resets, yeah. What do you mean about the number of hits changing? I never really pay attention to the amount of hits, just bash the bank a few times and I always get it. No add-a-ball in tie fighter besides from maybe via the random pop awards? Hyperspace sorta has its own add a ball though I haven't figured out the rules to it yet...

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Just pulled the trigger on a SW prem. I’m going to put it next to my ST prem just to annoy everyone.

Queue MattS

#3056 6 years ago

Anyone do instruction cards for the LE?

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have thought a lot about this and I do know where you are coming from. It's frustrating to start a 4th level mission and then blow it right away. I just can't imagine ever getting all 4 victory medals. I feel lost during these multiball missions. I'd like to be able to play them as a single ball as well. Maybe if there was a game setting where these can be set as either single or multiball missions. The mission is lost if you drain without completing it.
Rob

I would love a setting for that too. Unfortunately I would say the chances of that happening are slim to none. The good news that I was unaware of until now is that you can add a ball. At least that is what some others were talking about. Sounds like the first thing to do next time Death Star Battle starts is attack the Force targets. That should light the button for add a ball. Try to complete both ramps next. Completing the ramps lights the death star. Then you just have to make a good shot into the D.S. without loosing more than 1 ball. As soon as this mode is down to one ball the death star goes un-lit and its over. If there was just some place you could get rid of the other ball for awhile on this game! Everything just spits it right back to you within seconds. If add a ball is not too difficult maybe its the key to this. Sounds like you just hit the button to add the ball once Force targets are completed. I like that because in theory you could wait until one of your two balls hits an outlane. Then hit the button and bring in another keeping the mode going. This may turn out to be really cool!

#3058 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone do instruction cards for the LE?

There are several here on earlier pages of this thread, including these I made up for mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

#3059 6 years ago

Who has a custom powder coated SW? I want to do my premium, but the color choice is really difficult with the cab art and the white edges on the head.

Some Pics would be awesome!

#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

There are several here on earlier pages of this thread, including these I made up for mine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

Those look awesome. Thank you.

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Sounds like you just hit the button to add the ball once Force targets are completed.

You have to hold it for a second or two, to differentiate from just moving the multipliers or bashing tie fighters

#3062 6 years ago

Ok, I am going to try increasing the 4th mission ball save timers to something like at least 30 seconds. I have to learn these mission shots.... No more flailing around without knowing what I'm doing. These are by far the most challenging part of the game for me right now. I might also lower the left outlane post to the bottom setting. I guess I am not necessarily looking to make it easier, but certainly less frustrating than it can be. We all know blowing up the death star can be difficult. I've only done it twice so far.

Rob

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You have to hold it for a second or two, to differentiate from just moving the multipliers or bashing tie fighters

Thats good to know, thank you for posting this! I think someone said it lights up orange when add a ball feature is enabled. I know its red when tie fighters are attacking.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, I am going to try increasing the 4th mission ball save timers to something like at least 30 seconds. I have to learn these mission shots.... No more flailing around without knowing what I'm doing. These are by far the most challenging part of the game for me right now. I might also lower the left outlane post to the bottom setting. I guess I am not necessarily looking to make it easier, but certainly less frustrating than it can be. We all know blowing up the death star can be difficult. I've only done it twice so far.
Rob

Sheesh...I guess I should look at the adjustments more. I didn't know you could adjust ball same time on the 4th level missions. I am really glad to hear that. I think I will try increasing it about 5 seconds more and see if that helps. I don't want to make it too easy either. But I do want it to be reasonable to achieve.
I admit I did put both my drains on narrowest settings. Normally I leave these at factory default(middle). This game still drains a lot out the sides on narrow. I do want to check my play field angle with a digital level to see if its 6.5 as so many recommend here. I don't have one so I just set angle by the small level included on the game. It's possible my angle is off making that Death Star shot even harder, especially since mine is a premium and you have to go up the narrow fork ramp. Sure is a blast though when you make a clean shot into the D.S. It's a tight shot but nothing like the Gem shot on Tron. That shot may as well be pure luck, ridiculously hard.

#3064 6 years ago

Finally got to play this game. Put about 20 games on it tonight. Wow. This thing plays so much better in person. I got to say, the streams did not impress me. But this thing kept my heart rate up the whole time. Played the premium and it was great, except left flipper to target bank to left outline. Yikes. Makes me want to give up my spot for TNA.

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Sheesh...I guess I should look at the adjustments more. I didn't know you could adjust ball same time on the 4th level missions. I am really glad to hear that. I think I will try increasing it about 5 seconds more and see if that helps. I don't want to make it too easy either. But I do want it to be reasonable to achieve.

I just changed mini wizard ball save to 40 seconds. That seems like a lot for a ball save, but on these missions it's actually not. While I still didn't blow up the death star on my first game with the longer ball save, I was certainly able to play the mode better. I didn't have that frustrated feeling trying to control things and make the shots.

Rob

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Each time you hit any targets the bank resets, yeah. What do you mean about the number of hits changing? I never really pay attention to the amount of hits, just bash the bank a few times and I always get it. No add-a-ball in tie fighter besides from maybe via the random pop awards? Hyperspace sorta has its own add a ball though I haven't figured out the rules to it yet...

I guess your original post stated once you completed the drop targets it would light the add a ball, technically that wasnt accurate since they reset immediately once hit and all you have to do is hit any drop target enough times.

My comment regarding the number of hits differing between planet multiballs was just that - some planet multiballs only require a few hits to the drop targets to light the add a ball, where as others like Battle Above Endor requires what seems like twice as many hits to the drop targets to light the add a ball.

Fun fact though, if you dont use your add a ball button during a planet multiball but start hyperspace multiball after you can use the button to add a ball during hyperspace mb.

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I guess your original post stated once you completed the drop targets it would light the add a ball

Ah. I meant complete as in complete 'FORCE' (the lights) since I thought each hit to the target bank gave you a letter.

Quoted from T-800:

Fun fact though, if you dont use your add a ball button during a planet multiball but start hyperspace multiball after you can use the button to add a ball during hyperspace mb.

Always great if you can manage to save it till you're already in victory MB!

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ah. I meant complete as in complete 'FORCE' (the lights) since I thought each hit to the target bank gave you a letter.

Well that's something I'll have to pay attention to. I havent noticed the FORCE inserts corresponding to drop targets left for add a ball but I'll be watching next time I play!

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well that's something I'll have to pay attention to. I havent noticed the FORCE inserts corresponding to drop targets left for add a ball but I'll be watching next time I play!

I'll have to confirm that's what's actually going on, but that was my understanding.. My FORCE light board broke a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to see them at all

#3070 6 years ago

Hello,
who already has this bug?
I played a game, and suddenly, the screen froze, the drummers stopped.
The logiel has restarted.
Thanks for your help
What is option 79 in the rules menu?
thank you

#3071 6 years ago

It is almost February, 2018. This game came out June, 2017. Where the heck are the accessories?? I want my R2D2 topper!!!

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

They do make a nice couple

20170819_090912 (resized).jpg20170819_090912 (resized).jpg

#3073 6 years ago

Does Star Wars benefit from a shaker?

#3074 6 years ago

Others have posted that the shaker is well used in SW and worth getting. However, to be clear, I don't have first hand knowledge.

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Does Star Wars benefit from a shaker?

I asked this a couple weeks ago when I got my premium and decided to add the shaker.

I think it’s integrated well and isn’t over used.

#3076 6 years ago

Thanks. I'm going to order one now.

#3077 6 years ago

Two questions, which may have already been answered so I apologize. First, is there a fix or workaround for the Death Star mission selection issue when the hyperspace hyper loop is active? The ball will drain before you finish selecting a mission while skipping through the briefing quickly. Sometimes I can do it quick enough to save the ball. I find the ball will usually only go around the loop 2-4 times then drop out with the flippers dead for mission selection. Second, when a ball is auto plunged back into play on a ball save, quite often it drains immediately on the left side after hitting the tie fighter bank targets. Where is the setting to adjust plunger power?

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Two questions, which may have already been answered so I apologize. First, is there a fix or workaround for the Death Star mission selection issue when the hyperspace hyper loop is active? The ball will drain before you finish selecting a mission while skipping through the briefing quickly. Sometimes I can do it quick enough to save the ball. I find the ball will usually only go around the loop 2-4 times then drop out with the flippers dead for mission selection. Second, when a ball is auto plunged back into play on a ball save, quite often it drains immediately on the left side after hitting the tie fighter bank targets. Where is the setting to adjust plunger power?

1) Stern is aware of this

2) No, but the trajectory from the plunger can be changed by adjusting the metal ball guide on the right. You need to remove the right ramp and plastic to get to the screw to be adjusted. Instructions on this have been posted to Pinside.

#3079 6 years ago

Just put in a Shaker in this and Aerosmith. Has anyone noticed that the Shaker seems weak in SW? Even in the test menu, it's noticeably weaker compared to Aerosmith.

#3080 6 years ago

Just joined the club!

The double post is sticking pretty bad. I checked the coil and bracket. All is well until I screw it back into the playfield, then it binds.

Anyone else with this issue?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3081 6 years ago

If anyone wants the hooked EL panels
I’m selling mine for $100 shipped never used.

#3082 6 years ago

I know this is a real newbie question but could I bother someone to explain to me what the difference between "Competition Player", "Competition Mode" and "Tournament Mode" are?

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just joined the club!
The double post is sticking pretty bad. I checked the coil and bracket. All is well until I screw it back into the playfield, then it binds.

That's a shame especially on a new machine. I have never seen or played a pro, but can you make the holes a little bigger at all without doing any damage?

#3084 6 years ago

I blew up the death star again the other night.... The 40 second ball save certainly helps, but it's still not a walk in the park. I ended up starting TFMB during the mission so that helped.

These 4th level missions are the hardest part of the game I think.

Rob

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just joined the club!

Have you updated to the latest (1.0) code? Early on there was a tweak in one of the code updates that changed the inner look ball trapping. Besides that, does the pro have a test mode for those posts in the utilities?? Sure sounds like it is mounted off just a hair.....

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's a shame especially on a new machine. I have never seen or played a pro, but can you make the holes a little bigger at all without doing any damage?

It’s an issue with the mechanism. Code 1.0 installed.

Basically, the mech is smooth when I pull it from the game. Once installed, it’s too tight to fall once activated. I believe the white plastic retaining bracket is binding the posts. I’ve tried adjusting the screws etc. No love.

I plan to lightly sand the plastic to ‘open it up.’ Reading through the forum, it just sounds like I had some bad luck. Not a big deal, just annoying.

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s an issue with the mechanism. Code 1.0 installed.
Basically, the mech is smooth when I pull it from the game. Once installed, it’s too tight to fall once activated. I believe the white plastic retaining bracket is binding the posts. I’ve tried adjusting the screws etc. No love.
I plan to lightly sand the plastic to ‘open it up.’ Reading through the forum, it just sounds like I had some bad luck. Not a big deal, just annoying.

In that case I'd get in touch with Stern and get them to ship out a replacement. They've been good about addressing all kinds of different issues lately, even imperfect hyperloop ramps.......

#3088 6 years ago

Well, problem solved. As suspected, the plastic attached to the coil bracket was too restrictive. There was zero play in the mech. Some light whittling, and we’re back in business.

This is the first time I’ve had to whittle a NIB.

21AB1766-A891-4037-AA21-35D466B8AD9D (resized).jpeg21AB1766-A891-4037-AA21-35D466B8AD9D (resized).jpeg

DFCAEA82-E2BD-4721-A117-089135C31BA8 (resized).jpegDFCAEA82-E2BD-4721-A117-089135C31BA8 (resized).jpeg

#3089 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, problem solved. As suspected, the plastic attached to the coil bracket was too restrictive. There was zero play in the mech. Some light whittling, and we’re back in business.
This is the first time I’ve had to whittle a NIB.

Glad you resolved the issue . What tool did you use to as you say (Whittle) to expand the circumference of circle ? Thank You.

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Glad you resolved the issue . What tool did you use to as you say (Whittle) to expand the circumference of circle ? Thank You.

A pocketknife. Not very precise, but I went slow. It did the trick.

#3091 6 years ago

So, I just wanted to throw this out there but I got my Star Wars Pro from the Homesense store (outlet for Home Goods). My wife randomly came across it, brand new (but out of box) in their store advertised as an LE for $4999. Signed up for their card for 10% off and bought it for $4499. I later learned that it wasn't the LE edition (after I brought it home) so I called their corporate office and got a $500 gift card for the issue. So, all in all, I came away with the Pro model for a cool $4k. I'd imagine that the one in my store isn't the only one they bought, so if you have one of these stores around you might want to just check for the heck of it. They seemed to indicate that they pick these sorts of things up at auctions.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

So, I just wanted to throw this out there but I got my Star Wars Pro from the Homesense store (outlet for Home Goods). My wife randomly came across it, brand new (but out of box) in their store advertised as an LE for $4999. Signed up for their card for 10% off and bought it for $4499. I later learned that it wasn't the LE edition (after I brought it home) so I called their corporate office and got a $500 gift card for the issue. So, all in all, I came away with the Pro model for a cool $4k. I'd imagine that the one in my store isn't the only one they bought, so if you have one of these stores around you might want to just check for the heck of it. They seemed to indicate that they pick these sorts of things up at auctions.

Sweet deal! Never heard of Homesense or Home Goods, is that a nationwide chain?

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe so, they are part of the same company that owns TJ Max. So weird to have found it there but I'm glad we did!

#3094 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Homegoods can be pretty good. AS he said it's the same thing as TJMax but for the home. Haven't been there in awHile but never seen a pin there before

#3095 6 years ago

Just a little bump anyone want the EL kit for the rails on the LE cheap? I decided not to install them... PM me

ECD83360-BF4D-4A4A-9E76-04B78F45D781 (resized).jpegECD83360-BF4D-4A4A-9E76-04B78F45D781 (resized).jpeg

#3096 6 years ago

Anyone try adjusting the tie fighter to straighten it up a bit? I've noticed mine leans slightly forward and to the left. Obviously not a big deal just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

#3097 6 years ago

To be clear I am only selling the EL part not the actual rails .

#3098 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

To be clear I am only selling the EL part not the actual rails .

Just curious...why the change of heart on the lit rails?

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Just curious...why the change of heart on the lit rails?

Just decided I didn’t want them enough to bother putting them in .

#3100 6 years ago

So loving this machine. As mama has decided this game is a keeper we decided like Batman to add our personal touches in The Mod Couple style. We are proud to introduce our first add on feature (of several to come) the "Death Star Slam" lockdown bar button. The Death Star button mod is a plug and play install (5 minutes) without modification. Each Death Star Slam is custom molded to match the shape of the lockdown bar for a perfect fit and bottom keyed to lock in place. Each piece is unique and hand painted for that authentic weathered space look! lol Existing button is a perfect press fit blended with the top for a smooth look and as an added detail the center Death Star Laser hole transfers light via the button for a cool effect. Kits are now complete and available to ship next day for anyone interested. Kits fit ALL Stern Star wars models. Death Star Slam mod is $34.50 with Free US shipping. PM me for availability and purchase info for now. Thanks for viewing our product and let me know if there are any questions. May the Force be with You!

The Mod Couple!

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.33.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.33.53 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.33.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.33.32 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.32.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.32.56 PM (resized).png

IMG_0375 (resized).jpgIMG_0375 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/62?hl=straight2vhs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.