• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 187 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(457 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191212_124633.jpg
37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg
6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8135 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 163.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think mirrors are probably the way to go with Star Wars.

Agreed, I have them on mine:

IMG_5875 (resized).JPG

IMG_5878 (resized).JPG

IMG_5879 (resized).JPG

IMG_5880 (resized).JPG

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The hurdle that PinGraffix faced is LLL: Licensing, Litigation, & Lawyers
They had to make a product that is generic enough to stop the Lawyers from LucasFilms, Disney, and Stern from coming after them, pure and simple.
For what PinGraffix did I applaud their efforts, however as a owner......well, it misses the mark with me.

Never even thought of that, now it makes more sense why they went so generic.

Quoted from tbanthony:

It is a space battle. Shots being fired and explosions.

I thought the explosions were asteroids. You know if all the explosions didn't light up at the exact same time then go out all at once it would look much better. Same for the shots being fired. If they just reprogrammed it to have random shots and random explosions I think it would be much cooler. I would just leave the partial planets lit at all times.

Quoted from kermit24:

I think mirrors are probably the way to go with Star Wars.

I think the next best thing is some custom mirrors with specific art work. PinGraffics calls them blade skins. Tilt Graphics calls theirs game blades. Some of those are very nice looking.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The hurdle that PinGraffix faced is LLL: Licensing, Litigation, & Lawyers
They had to make a product that is generic enough to stop the Lawyers from LucasFilms, Disney, and Stern from coming after them, pure and simple.
For what PinGraffix did I applaud their efforts, however as a owner......well, it misses the mark with me.

Now imagine just the hyperdrive star effect tied into the loop magnets....

#3004 1 year ago

Hello,
I have a NIB star wars I opened Christmas day and I am waiting on my third Spike 2 CPU board from Stern now.
Because of sound issues anybody else having problems with sound ?
No upper speakers and a audio buzz on the uppers (first board)
(Second board) voice cracking in new modes (bad and stern headphone jack will not switching off audio when headphones plugged in.

David @ Stern tech support says they are having some problems with some of the CPU boards now ??

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

Hello,
I have a NIB star wars I opened Christmas day and I am waiting on my third Spike 2 CPU board from Stern now.
Because of sound issues anybody else having problems with sound ?
No upper speakers and a audio buzz on the uppers (first board)
(Second board) voice cracking in new modes (bad and stern headphone jack will not switching off audio when headphones plugged in.
David @ Stern tech support says they are having some problems with some of the CPU boards now ??

I had the same issue with my machine out of the box. Swapped out the CPU board and it has been ok since. I have noticed another issue when playing as Han, on the initial ball launch his speach is mumbled, happens 1 in 10. Not sure if this is just a code problem, might try reinstalling the code to see if this fixes it.

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m diggin the storm trooper shooter as well, fits the premium art very nicely.

It would look better if it was the right trooper. I wish the people making mods would "for the love of all things in the Force" they are period correct!
That is a first order Stormtrooper. firstorder (resized).jpg
It should be a Imperial Stormtrooper.imperial (resized).jpg

Sorry just my Star Wars nerd coming out.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

It would look better if it was the right trooper. I wish the people making mods would "for the love of all things in the Force" they are period correct!
That is a first order Stormtrooper.
It should be a Imperial Stormtrooper.

I hear ya - not many options for this sort of thing and it looks better than a std shooter rod.

Stern is supposed to make one as well but who knows when it will be available and it will be interesting to see if they make it period correct.

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That is a first order Stormtrooper.
It should be a Imperial Stormtrooper.

Wow, good catch! I am impressed. (and amazing how good the one from the 1970's still looks today!)

#3009 1 year ago

At the risk of redundancy, is the game complete code wise minus the mode gripes above? Like, is there a final wizard mode that's actually fun? Or is it like ghostbusters where something happens, but it's really nothing(we're ready to believe you)? I'm interested in a SW pro but don't want to be "Ghostbustered" by code

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

At the risk of redundancy, is the game complete code wise minus the mode gripes above? Like, is there a final wizard mode that's actually fun? Or is it like ghostbusters where something happens, but it's really nothing(we're ready to believe you)? I'm interested in a SW pro but don't want to be "Ghostbustered" by code

The game seems pretty complete as there is an awful lot to accomplish and a variety of multiballs.

I have had my premium a little over a week and really enjoying it.

Not sure if this has been published but it may be helpful to find a ruleset laying out the different modes etc... I’m not even sure what the wizard and final wizard modes are yet.

#3011 1 year ago

Thanks yeah that's my impression. However I need to know what the final modes are(if they're there) and how folks feel about them being fun or not

#3012 1 year ago

Mini wizards (Victory Multiball) & final wizard mode (Battle the Emperor) are out there and reachable. I've made it to a couple of Victory Multiball, both outstanding. I've not Battled the Emperor yet, but the few reports I've seen they are very enjoyable as well. Even if you make it past Emperor you will restart your character selection and start a new journey, with new modes and objectives for the different character.

Having played all the latest Stern's in the last half a dozen years or so it's definitely their best code effort since Metallica, and I believe matured quicker than Metallica did as well......

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mini wizards (Victory Multiball) & final wizard mode (Battle the Emperor) are out there and reachable. I've made it to a couple of Victory Multiball, both outstanding. I've not Battled the Emperor yet, but the few reports I've seen they are very enjoyable as well. Even if you make it past Emperor you will restart your character selection and start a new journey, with new modes and objectives for the different character.
Having played all the latest Stern's in the last half a dozen years or so it's definitely their best code effort since Metallica, and I believe matured quicker than Metallica did as well......

Cool didn’t know Victory multi was a mini wizard. I got there after blowing up the Death Star in battle above endor.

That was pretty intense action!

Do hoth or tatooine have mini wizard modes as well?

#3014 1 year ago

Is there a screen in front of the Mini LCD? I haven't taken it apart to look, but I get a few air balls that actually hit the hyper loop ramp just above the flippers on a shot on the fly (of which there are Many! LOL). If it wasn't hitting there, I am not sure where they would go, but I can certainly see the LCD getting hit. On a Pro I am sure it would be an air ball target. I think the Batman 66 has a clear plastic in front of the screen, from what I have read anyway.

#3015 1 year ago

There's a wiki rulesheet here that looks like it was updated in December (maybe not after 1.0 code dropped though):
http://www.tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812/5

IMO, the game is code complete. As discussed above they use the same video game for two modes ("Video Mode" and "Hoth I") which is kind of lame, but that may have been the intention from the start. Would be cool if they add another video mode at some point but I wouldn't count on it.

The Final Wizard Mode is "Jedi Multiball," which I have not reached but my understanding is it's fully coded. Per the wiki rulesheet:

Jedi Multiball: The final wizard mode of the game. Start Jedi Multiball by completing the following tasks:
•Become a Jedi Master (through the standup targets)
•Complete Lightsaber Duel
•Complete Escape from Boba Fett
•Destroy 100 TIE Fighters
•Start Destroy the Death Star
•Start Battle over Endor
•Start Escape from Hoth
•Start Escape from Tatooine

Once all the objectives to reach Jedi Multiball have been completed, shoot the left ramp. Before Jedi Multiball begins, you will receive a score bonus based on how many medals (if any) you acquired in Victory Multiball.

Jedi Multiball is a battle against the Emperor: Darth Sidious. Jedi “Multiball” actually starts as a single-ball mode (with a ball saver), and can be played with a single ball if necessary. Hit all the blue shots to stop the Emperor’s advances, and launch a second ball into play. Complete them again to defeat him. If you take too long to hit a blue shot, another one will be added, so in theory you could drag this mode out as long as you want. Defeating the Emperor will show a cool ending sequence, losing by draining your ball will generate a cool quote (but not end your ball). Doesn’t seem to be particularly very high-scoring at the moment - the medal bonus seems to be worth a lot more than the mode itself.

Win or lose, you will return to the character selection screen, where you must pick a different character to start another loop of the game.

What the game does not have is a "super-final" wizard mode if you sequentially achieve Jedi Multiball playing as each of the four characters. I will never, ever be capable of doing that, nor will the vast majority of players. And there's no indication that Dwight ever intended to include a wizard mode of this kind. But it would be cool if he tucked something in there. Could even be an easter egg of some kind (maybe a Jawa or Admiral Ackbar multiball?) I wouldn't let that dissuade me from buying the game though since it seems more like an "it'd be cool if they added this" rather than a missing feature that should clearly be there, but others may view it differently.

#3016 1 year ago

Thanks yeah that's my impression. However I need to know what the final modes are(if they're there) and how folks feel about them being fun or not

Is there an “end of the line” wizard mode after all characters are complete?

Has anyone gotten that far?

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is there an “end of the line” wizard mode after all characters are complete?
Has anyone gotten that far?

I have confirmed there is no such mode. Basically just resets the 4 characters and you play through again, and at this point you are just playing for score.

#3018 1 year ago

Is there a topper n the way?

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have confirmed there is no such mode. Basically just resets the 4 characters and you play through again, and at this point you are just playing for score.

The end wizard mode for any character is Jedi multiball correct? Where you battle emporer.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The end wizard mode for any character is Jedi multiball correct? Where you battle emporer.

Correct........

#3021 1 year ago

Is Victory MB different depending on what mode you finished to get there or is it just the same thing?

#3022 1 year ago

SW destroys GB in the code department. It's not even close.

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

SW destroys GB in the code department. It's not even close.

That's good to hear. Was tough with GB really enjoying the game to find it just fizzles after We Came We Saw. I'm enjoying SW so far looking forward to getting to know it more.

#3024 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone else noticed this:

When you do both the final Endor and Death Star modes at the same time, and you finish saving Leia it seems like Destroy the Death Star does not light up until after you complete Battle Above Endor (faster to get to if you start with R2-D2).

But if you do these separately, you can do in either order? Is this because of the order in the movie? People have mentioned in the earlier code, the mission stacking was different, what changed?

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Just curious if anyone else noticed this:
When you do both the final Endor and Death Star modes at the same time, and you finish saving Leia it seems like Destroy the Death Star does not light up until after you complete Battle Above Endor (faster to get to if you start with R2-D2).
But if you do these separately, you can do in either order? Is this because of the order in the movie? People have mentioned in the earlier code, the mission stacking was different, what changed?

You can only stack Missions 1-3, and not the final Missions. You can also not stack Hoth 1, as its a Video Mode. Mission stacking is a setting in the options. I tried it without stacking for a while, being worried about getting too far too quick.....didn't happen, went back to Mission Stacking for missions 1-3.

For more details on the changes in the stacking between different versions of the code those can be seen in the readme file on Stern's website.

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You can only stack Missions 1-3, and not the final Missions. You can also not stack Hoth 1, as its a Video Mode. Mission stacking is a setting in the options. I tried it without stacking for a while, being worried about getting too far too quick.....didn't happen, went back to Mission Stacking for missions 1-3.
For more details on the changes in the stacking between different versions of the code those can be seen in the readme file on Stern's website.

Wow, I should have read that 50 games ago, super helpful!

#3027 1 year ago

That's good to hear. Was tough with GB really enjoying the game to find it just fizzles after We Came We Saw. I'm enjoying SW so far looking forward to getting to know it more.

you gb guys. it is being worked on now from what i hear, the final code.

#3028 1 year ago

I'm really starting to hate Lightsaber Duel.... It's fun to play, but when you beat it on your first try and then get continually locked into it over and over for the rest of your game, it can be just horrible. I was having a great game, every objective except tattooine complete, on ball 2 with three extra balls ready. Had Tattooine II, so only III before the MB ready, but coming out of II Lightsaber Duel was lit. Tried to time it out, but the timer stops, so I had to at least try to play it. Lost one ball doing that before finally running out of time, and thought, finally, I can play my mode! I might even get to Jedi for the first time! Missed my shot to the scoop, hit a drop target, which completed the bank, lighting Duel again! Missed my first shot, drained, drained of the plunge on my EB, drained again off the next EB, managed to make one shot in the duel on ball 3, and then drained again. So frustrating! Wish it at least wouldn't lock you into only being able to shoot the ramp to start Duel once you've already completed it or something. Even just letting the timer run out would be enough

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm really starting to hate Lightsaber Duel.... It's fun to play, but when you beat it on your first try and then get continually locked into it over and over for the rest of your game, it can be just horrible. I was having a great game, every objective except tattooine complete, on ball 2 with three extra balls ready. Had Tattooine II, so only III before the MB ready, but coming out of II Lightsaber Duel was lit. Tried to time it out, but the timer stops, so I had to at least try to play it. Lost one ball doing that before finally running out of time, and thought, finally, I can play my mode! I might even get to Jedi for the first time! Missed my shot to the scoop, hit a drop target, which completed the bank, lighting Duel again! Missed my first shot, drained, drained of the plunge on my EB, drained again off the next EB, managed to make one shot in the duel on ball 3, and then drained again. So frustrating! Wish it at least wouldn't lock you into only being able to shoot the ramp to start Duel once you've already completed it or something. Even just letting the timer run out would be enough

Agreed, and been mentioned here before, hopefully Stern will change this one a bit.......

#3030 1 year ago

I think if you've beaten Light Saber Duel already, you should have the choice to pass it. OR it should be worth double points the 2nd time around, triple on the 3rd, etc, or do something like on Metallica with Crank it up where you can just collect 5 million if you pass it.

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Thanks, it bent to the right position pretty easily. Will see if it stays put.

Oh, nice, I'll go with these if it moves off center again.

Update: Didn't stay put. Ordered the 1/2" Mezel splint covers and attempted to install, but the splint bracket has changed for Star Wars, so the Mezel covers didn't fit. Tried tightening the screws this time and will see if that helps.

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Update: Didn't stay put. Ordered the 1/2" Mezel splint covers and attempted to install, but the splint bracket has changed for Star Wars, so the Mezel covers didn't fit. Tried tightening the screws this time and will see if that helps.

What is this in reference to?

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Well put! This sudden interruption only needs to happen once. Heck even that sucks sometimes depending on what modes you are working on. The duel is really starting to annoy me because it interrupts my progress on the modes. I really hope they offer a way to opt. out on this or at least put it off. Especially if its already been done. It would be sweet if at the start of duel it gave you the choice to: left flipper - start duel, right flipper - opt. out. Then next time you get to mission select the duel becomes one of your choices.

Quoted from AUKraut:

Even if you make it past Emperor you will restart your character selection and start a new journey, with new modes and objectives for the different character.

Really, new modes as in different modes than the choices available first time through? Has anyone confirmed this? That would be out standing!

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Really, new modes as in different modes than the choices available first time through? Has anyone confirmed this? That would be out standing!

Well, each character has a different mode choice, so I think he was referring to that.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well, each character has a different mode choice, so I think he was referring to that.

That seems much more likely unfortunately.

While on the subject of improvements to rules. I vote for Destroy the Death Star(final mode) to be a single ball mode instead of 2 ball. I have lost track of how many times I have started this only to watch it instantly end the second one of the balls drain. It does have a short ball saver but the 2nd ball does nothing but block your shots needed to qualify the death star shot(which is difficult, especially on premium/LE). It seems nearly impossible to keep two balls in play for any length of time on this game with these thirsty drains. I have yet to destroy the D.S. and I have had this game about 5-6 weeks!

Anyone else here get tired of being lectured by Yoda at the end of every single ball? I would pay extra to just have random quotes from the movie Trilogy instead of Yoda every single time. There is a ton a great material to draw from for this!

I do want to say I am not hating on S.W. here. I think this game is very good but feel it has potential to be kind of EPIC with some strategic tweaks.

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That seems much more likely unfortunately.
While on the subject of improvements to rules. I vote for Destroy the Death Star(final mode) to be a single ball mode instead of 2 ball. I have lost track of how many times I have started this only to watch it instantly end the second one of the balls drain. It does have a short ball saver but the 2nd ball does nothing but block your shots needed to qualify the death star shot(which is difficult, especially on premium/LE). It seems nearly impossible to keep two balls in play for any length of time on this game with these thirsty drains. I have yet to destroy the D.S. and I have had this game about 5-6 weeks!
Anyone else here get tired of being lectured by Yoda at the end of every single ball? I would pay extra to just have random quotes from the movie Trilogy instead of Yoda every single time. There is a ton a great material to draw from for this!
I do want to say I am not hating on S.W. here. I think this game is very good but feel it has potential to be kind of EPIC with some strategic tweaks.

I like Yoda but do agree - need some more variety

Vader has a lot of good quotes to use!

#3037 1 year ago

Anyone else been tempted to use pinball browser and have Yoda sing "Seagulls Stop it Now?" lol

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Especially if its already been done. It would be sweet if at the start of duel it gave you the choice to: left flipper - start duel, right flipper - opt. out. Then next time you get to mission select the duel becomes one of your choices.

Considering it's already on the endor mode start shot, they could even just add it to the mode selection screen

#3039 1 year ago

Hello,
are there any custumised rules cards for the star wars pinball machine?
Thank you

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone else been tempted to use pinball browser and have Yoda sing "Seagulls Stop it Now?" lol
» YouTube video

That was hillarious. I think that song may be less painful than Yoda's insults in the game....ok maybe not.

Quoted from zacaj:

Considering it's already on the endor mode start shot, they could even just add it to the mode selection screen

Didn't even think of that. Problem solved. Slight rule change and it could be started from same place as normal when holding ball at lit Endor shot. Of course any other available mode could be selected too just like always(players choice).

#3041 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is this in reference to?

Sorry, looks like the quote feature didn't pull in the whole post. This was in reference to the Jedi Training targets leaning off center. I purchased the Mezel target splits to try to hold them in place:

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Unfortunately, it looks like Stern has redesigned the bracket so that these Mezel splits are no longer compatible.

On the plus side, tightening the screws has held up over a few games now, so maybe the splits aren't needed. In fact, the bracket may have been redesigned in attempt to mitigate this issue when tightened properly. We'll see.

#3042 1 year ago

This game has been kicking my butt for two months. Finally broke through a plateau, destroyed the death star for the first time, and executed some crazy multiplier sequences in boba fett, light sabre, video mode, and hyperspace hurry up to almost double my previous high score. Just blown away by this game. Utterly amazing

20180127_181717 (resized).jpg

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Quoted from kermit24:

I was referring to modes that are already lit depending on the character. For example, Hoth 1 is prelit for Luke, so you never play it if you choose Luke. You do play it as Han, as it is not prelit for him. Different characters, different prelit modes that you do not play.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
are there any custumised rules cards for the star wars pinball machine?
Thank you

There are several here on earlier pages of this thread, including these I made up for mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

#3045 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I have thought a lot about this and I do know where you are coming from. It's frustrating to start a 4th level mission and then blow it right away. I just can't imagine ever getting all 4 victory medals. I feel lost during these multiball missions. I'd like to be able to play them as a single ball as well. Maybe if there was a game setting where these can be set as either single or multiball missions. The mission is lost if you drain without completing it.

Rob

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have thought a lot about this and I do know where you are coming from. It's frustrating to start a 4th level mission and then blow it right away. I just can't imagine ever getting all 4 victory medals. I feel lost during these multiball missions. I'd like to be able to play them as a single ball as well. Maybe if there was a game setting where these can be set as either single or multiball missions. The mission is lost if you drain without completing it.
Rob

Although some of them are pretty hard, it's much easier if you have more than two balls. Completing more modes first, and making sure to light your add-a-ball help a lot. Not to mention if you line up tie fighter to start during your MB...

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Although some of them are pretty hard, it's much easier if you have more than two balls. Completing more modes first, and making sure to light your add-a-ball help a lot. Not to mention if you line up tie fighter to start during your MB...

Yes, add a ball is almost a must! I've increased balls save times as well for the missions. And... I need to play better!

Rob

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Il y en a plusieurs ici sur les pages précédentes de ce fil, y compris ceux que j'ai inventés pour le mien:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

Thank you

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How exactly does the add a ball work in these ?

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

How exactly does the add a ball work in these ?

Hitting the force targets will spot letters. Completing the letters will light add a ball on the action button (orange). If you take too long between hits you'll lose letters.

Alright here's a question for you all: if you have a ball on top of the first ball in the trough (a trough jam), does the game kick it out during game over, or does it just let it sit there? On mine it'll happily ball search all day looking for the ball even though the switch test is reading that the trough is jammed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 8135 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 163.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside