• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 186 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,186 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg
D04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpeg
E7179E2F-04B1-4154-8362-B7BA84F0C548 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8096 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 162.
#251 2 years ago

Deposit paid on an LE. Hope it's worth it!

#252 2 years ago

Bring on some gameplay footage!

1 week later
#253 2 years ago

The organizer of Pintastic (New England) just posted on that thread that the Pro will be at the show, which starts on Thursday.

#254 2 years ago

I'm really looking forward to my LE, my distributor is telling me end of July beginning of August. He's due to get a pro pretty soon and when he does I will be shooting in there to give it a roll. I'm sure someone will post something soon, not sure about LE videos but as soon I get mine I will post a detailed video. I did hear that there are some enhancements getting added, there was an issue with the death star which caused some delay but I guess it's been addressed. This forum can get pretty brutal when it comes to judging titles and peoples purchase choices, as for me I'm excited for it and can't wait.

I'm all over the web looking for updates like a crack head looking for a fix hahaha

dave_chappelle_san_Francisco_tickets_independent (resized).jpg

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I did hear that there are some enhancements getting added, there was an issue with the death star which caused some delay but I guess it's been addressed.

Enhancements you say? Go on, I am listening

Any idea what those enhancements are or might be?

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea what those enhancements are or might be?

Existance.

#257 2 years ago

I met the guy that handles the Stern FB page we were at an open house at the distributor I use here in TX, I forgot his name. He mentioned about a possible rotating light effect behind the translite that may end up in the LE to enhance the hyper space effect. Although he was concerned that Stern might consider charging extra for it.. He also said that there was some kind of defect with the Death Star and they had to fix that with what he thinks will be a much nicer presentation and effect. He also told me to hold off on any topper mods or other stuff until it's done because they are still twirling around with the LE. He was pretty vague on the rest, of course he's a little bias on the subject representing Stern but he did play it and seemed pretty convinced that it's going to be a hit. Sorry if I got everyone all worked up, I am just as in the dark as all of you ?

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I met the guy that handles the Stern FB page we were at an open house at the distributor I use here in TX, I forgot his name. He mentioned about a possible rotating light effect behind the translite that may end up in the LE to enhance the hyper space effect. Although he was concerned that Stern might consider charging extra for it, fingers crossed.. He also said that there was some kind of defect with the Death Star and they had to fix that with what he thinks will be a much nicer presentation and effect. He also told me to hold off on any topper mods or other stuff until it's done because they are still twirling around with the LE. He was pretty vague on the rest, of course he's a little bias on the subject representing Stern but he did play it and seemed pretty convinced that it's going to be a hit. Sorry if I got everyone all worked up, I am just as in the dark as all of you ?

That would be Jared.

#259 2 years ago

Interesting, has Stern ever gone back and updated the feature specs on any model before?

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interesting, has Stern ever gone back and updated the feature specs on any model before?

I'm interested in that too. As many here believe, I think the Le really needs a couple more features for the price. The translite mod and a shaker would go a long way in creating a better value at Le price.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm interested in that too. As many here believe, I think the Le really needs a couple more features for the price. The translite mod and a shaker would go a long way in creating a better value at Le price.

Light up side rails would have been another good feature that i believe should have been on this one. Like on Star Trek.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Light up side rails would have been another good feature that i believe should have been on this one. Like on Star Trek.

Definitely. I'd say the light up rails and the back glass mod would suffice. Shakers are easily added later. Anyway, it's nice to wish for the features to be included, but my lack of faith in stern is disturbing.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

No, they charge extra.

#264 2 years ago

Considering the LE is largely sold out at most distributors, it seems unlikely they'll bother jazzing it up much. I mean, I'm in for an LE, so please Stern jazz away, but it doesn't make a lot of business sense.

I could potentially see them doing something that impacts both the Premium and LE, since premiums will be available new for years.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Considering the LE is largely sold out at most distributors, it seems unlikely they'll bother jazzing it up much. I mean, I'm in for an LE, so please Stern jazz away, but it doesn't make a lot of business sense.
I could potentially see them doing something that impacts both the Premium and LE, since premiums will be available new for years.

Toppers are coming...but will cost extra.

#266 2 years ago

I have no doubt Stern will let us give them money to jazz it up ourselves.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He mentioned about a possible rotating light effect behind the translite that may end up in the LE to enhance the hyper space effect. Although he was concerned that Stern might consider charging extra for it..

That would be great for LE buyers, the LE could really do with a couple extra things to make the price difference a little more justified over the Premium. Although with them already supposedly sold out, why would Stern add anything extra for free, be awesome if they did but I can see them simply charging for it, similar to Bat Signal projectors on BM66.

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He also said that there was some kind of defect with the Death Star and they had to fix that with what he thinks will be a much nicer presentation and effect.

That's exciting, when the Death Star split open and revealed a disco ball I was a little disappointed, found it kind of jarring, this is Star Wars not Space Balls

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He also told me to hold off on any topper mods or other stuff until it's done.

It is a certainty Stern will release a topper for the game and I can see more accessories from Stern for this game than any title before. Again thanks for the info djnoel30

#268 2 years ago

The LE's are not sold out that I can tell, my distributor has a few available still. You see people are canceling there orders and going with Premiums which in turn is forcing distributors to discount their LE's a bit. It was funny when the FB guy Jared was talking about the game my distributor made a joke on the side "With all this cool stuff coming does this mean I can start getting retail again??" Haha

Stern I think might be getting some heat from their distributors in general forcing them to consider enhancements to appease the masses. Sold out doesn't mean anything unless the distributor has all your money and I don't know of any forcing anyone to pay upfront, too much can happen between now and when that LE gets to their docks.. That may be the only reason Stern would take any kind of action. At the end of the day if the distributor makes enough noise when it comes to what they can sell Stern has to listen if they want their network to move machines.

I'm rolling the dice that there will be a noticeable difference..

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

The LE's are not sold out that I can tell, my distributor has a few available still. You see people are canceling there orders and going with Premiums which in turn is forcing distributors to discount their LE's a bit. It was funny when the FB guy Jared was talking about the game my distributor made a joke on the side "With all this cool stuff coming does this mean I can start getting retail again??" Haha
Stern I think might be getting some heat from their distributors in general forcing them to consider enhancements to appease the masses. Sold out doesn't mean anything unless the distributor has all your money and I don't know of any forcing anyone to pay upfront, too much can happen between now and when that LE gets to their docks.. That may be the only reason Stern would take any kind of action. At the end of the day if the distributor makes enough noise when it comes to what they can sell Stern has to listen if they want their network to move machines.
I'm rolling the dice that there will be a noticeable difference..

Seems that the distributors that still have any available are the ones trying to charge MSRP or close to it. It would be nice to see Stern add something to the LE models, but I am not holding my breath. As of now it doesn't even have a SHAKER!

#270 2 years ago

Everybody needs to start speaking up now and email stern to stress your concerns. It probably won't change much, but I think stern needs to know what we think. If they see people complaining about lack of shakers, back glass mods, light up rails, etc.. then maybe in the future they rethink stripping LEs down. Maybe.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Seems that the distributors that still have any available are the ones trying to charge MSRP or close to it. It would be nice to see Stern add something to the LE models, but I am not holding my breath. As of now it doesn't even have a SHAKER!

I know of distributors that are offering the usual discounts to regulars and they are not sold out of LEs, simple fact is the LE just isn't worth the extra to some people this time around. I was in on an LE and I know of 3 others that where and we have all dropped out. Relaxing now and just waiting to see how the Premium turns out.

My last two LE purchases felt like they offered me a lot over the premium -
BM66 (kick ass topper, bat shaped & powder coated armour which looks awesome in person with the gold flake, my fav art package which is a nice bonus and a shaker)
STLE (awesome led lite side rails, powder coated armour, real backglass, again my fav art package which is sweet and a shaker)

I saw the value in those two LEs, this time around I really struggled to justify the extra ££ over the premium and I don't think I am the only one.

Saying that if Stern added animated backbox, shaker and some lite rails (although it will have to be EL paper at this point I guess and not LEDs like STLE) I would probably jump back on an LE.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know of distributors that are offering the usual discounts to regulars and they are not sold out of LEs, simple fact is the LE just isn't worth the extra to some people this time around. I was in on an LE and I know of 3 others that where and we have all dropped out. Relaxing now and just waiting to see how the Premium turns out.
My last two LE purchases felt like they offered me a lot over the premium -
BM66 (kick ass topper, bat shaped & powder coated armour which looks awesome in person with the gold flake, my fav art package which is a nice bonus and a shaker)
STLE (awesome led lite side rails, powder coated armour, real backglass, again my fav art package which is sweet and a shaker)
I saw the value in those two LEs, this time around I really struggled to justify the extra ££ over the premium and I don't think I am the only one.
Saying that if Stern added animated backbox, shaker and some lite rails (although it will have to be EL paper at this point I guess and not LEDs like STLE) I would probably jump back on an LE.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm still on the fence about the Le I have reserved. Unfortunately, I actually like the looks of the Le best, and I'm just really not sure how I feel about the premium art yet. That said, it's really hard to justify a $1300 difference for side rails and simply different stickers/translite.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

The LE's are not sold out that I can tell, my distributor has a few available still. You see people are cancelling there orders and going with Premiums which in turn is forcing distributors to discount their LE's a bit. It was funny when the FB guy Jared was talking about the game my distributor made a joke on the side "With all this cool stuff coming does this mean I can start getting retail again??" Haha..

Haha that genuinely made me LOL.

Yeah that's why I put "supposedly" sold out, its good to know people are dropping out of LEs, I genuinely think someone at Stern thought they could do what they like with SW and it would sell out so fast no one would even notice how little they might be getting.

I think its great distributors might be speaking up and it would be great if we all did with our wallets, even the most dedicate of LE buyer has to admit this time Stern are not offering much for the LE. But the more we keep just buying blind regardless of each price increase and each game being more stripped back than the last, we will continue down this road until we are paying LE prices for Pros

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Everybody needs to start speaking up now and email stern to stress your concerns. It probably won't change much, but I think stern needs to know what we think. If they see people complaining about lack of shakers, back glass mods, light up rails, etc.. then maybe in the future they rethink stripping LEs down. Maybe.

Sorry but that's not how they operate it seems. And they read pinside. Believe me. LEs are a tricky piece of the hobby. Most times you have to buy sight unseen. But look at it this way, maybe you can get a good price on one in the secondary market.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's exactly how I feel. I'm still on the fence about the Le I have reserved. Unfortunately, I actually like the looks of the Le best, and I'm just really not sure how I feel about the premium art yet. That said, it's really hard to justify a $1300 difference for side rails and simply different stickers/translite.

I felt the same dude but the second I found out it was a translite and wasn't a real backglass plus it wasn't animated and no shaker I was out.

It is a $1900 difference here in the UK, between the Prem and LE.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think its great distributors might be speaking up and it would be great if we all did with our wallets,

In a way many have spoken with our wallets and have said "no thanks".

The fact that there are LE's still available is not a good sign. This is the number one theme of all time and there should be people lined up to take the place of people who have dropped out of the LE, but that is not the case. People are concerned with quality, lack of features and code. Better to wait and see than to be bitten type mentality. It is sad that it has come to this for new machines but in reality it is probably better to play the machine first before purchasing. It does appear like Stern is hustling last minute to get them out, rushing is never a good formula for success. I am hoping it does not turn into a BM66 situation. I really think Stern needs to give more time allocation for the full development of game titles.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry but that's not how they operate it seems. And they read pinside. Believe me. LEs are a tricky piece of the hobby. Most times you have to buy sight unseen. But look at it this way, maybe you can get a good price on one in the secondary market.

Maybe if djnoel30 posts is anything to go by the distributors might be saying something?

And LE's really shouldn't be a tricky area of this hobby, they should be an easy sell, we clearly have a lot of hardcore collectors, if we didn't $8k-$10k luxury "toys" wouldn't be selling sight unseen.

If the LE's where marketed right and had a truly Limited Edition feel (STLE is the LE standard to me its that simple) to them they would sell out each time, providing the game isn't a turd of course

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I understand, but I emailed them my concerns anyway. Can't hurt right? SW will sell out regardless, and stern knows this. Unless people start to email them and stress concerns, nothing will ever happen. A good company reads concerns, and responds. The response isn't always what we hoped for, but they at least acknowledge it. It may be to late for SW changes, but are you going to be happy when it continues to happen. GOTG is rumored, and wouldn't that be another big blow for a watered down game. Effective or not, more voices speaking up will plant the seed. Cant just sit back and depend on stern reading pinside. Just my opinion.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I understand, but I emailed them my concerns anyway. Can't hurt right? SW will sell out regardless, and stern knows this. Unless people start to email them and stress concerns, nothing will ever happen. A good company reads concerns, and responds. The response isn't always what we hoped for, but they at least acknowledge it. It may be to late for SW changes, but are you going to be happy when it continues to happen. GOTG is rumored, and wouldn't that be another big blow for a watered down game. Effective or not, more voices speaking up will plant the seed. Cant just sit back and depend on stern reading pinside. Just my opinion.

You have a deposit in on an LE. You've already made your voice heard.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You have a deposit in on an LE. You've already made your voice heard.

That's what I'm saying. I'm admittedly one of the suckers ONLY because it's star wars. I can still back out, and it's a real possibility at this point. If this were any other theme, I wouldn't even consider an LE at these prices and lack of features on it. Like I said, I'm one of the Le suckers, but still think stern needs to step up their game.

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Cancelling your LE spot and sitting back and waiting to see how the (premium) game turns out, is probably the only way Stern will pay attention.

And SW should have sold out already with a waiting list 10 deep - this was a strong rumour from a lot of distributors they had waiting lists, game got revealed and now we have distributors with LE spots still up for grabs.

The rumour that's been posted in several threads now is GOTG will use Elwin's Archer design/layout I don't see how the hell Stern could strip that back without ruining the game Keith designed.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cancelling your LE spot and sitting back and waiting to see how the (premium) game turns out, is probably the only way Stern will pay attention. And SW should have sold out already with a waiting list 10 deep - this was a strong rumour from a lot of distributors they had waiting lists, game got revealed and now we have distributors with LE spots still up for grabs.
The rumour that's been posted in several threads now is GOTG will use Elwin's Archer design/layout I don't see how the hell Stern could strip that back without ruining the game Keith designed.

I agree, but somebody else will just buy the Le instead and stern wouldn't even know the difference. Voicing concerns directly to stern is the only hope for change. Just like I am a sucker for SW, others will continue to be suckers for themes coming up, therefore changing nothing. There is probably no other theme for me personally that I would go Le on unless it had features that blew me away. We've all had complaints it seems on the whole SW thing, but yet we are all "in" on a version of the game. How does that force stern to rethink their product value? Directly telling them may go further than you think. It really can't hurt. That's all I'm saying.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Quoted from konghusker:

Stern will never change anything until you back it up by not preordering and continuing to pay top dollar for inferior quality and missing features. Why would they people are paying for it anyway. If the value isn't there they would be forced to step up value, quality of their machines etc. it seems like with every new machine they strip more features away to see if people will still pay for it and every time they do so why change?

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Stern will never change anything until you back it up by not preordering and continuing to pay top dollar for inferior quality and missing features. Why would they people are paying for it anyway. If the value isn't there they would be forced to step up value, quality of their machines etc. it seems like with every new machine they strip more features away to see if people will still pay for it and every time they do so why change?

I agree.

#285 2 years ago

Stern needs to differentiate the SW "LE" and premium in a much bigger way. Will they? Doubtful.

800 of anything pinball related isn't "limited". It's almost getting into the ridiculous realm of 2500 "LEs" of a JJP DI.

Stern could have done two different LE's, 400 of each.

The lack of a real back glass is a big miss. The ASLE is awesome. Why do i need all 3 for my LE? I don't get it.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cancelling your LE spot and sitting back and waiting to see how the (premium) game turns out, is probably the only way Stern will pay attention.
And SW should have sold out already with a waiting list 10 deep - this was a strong rumour from a lot of distributors they had waiting lists, game got revealed and now we have distributors with LE spots still up for grabs.

The LE is still awailable from my distributor and has been that for a month now.Bought a premium myself as i think it has the coolest cab.art imo.Not interested in spending almost $1900 on nothing extra

The Ghostbusters LE i bought last year was only awailable 4-5 days and you had to be put on a waiting list after that if one were to become awailable.
Clearly little interest in SW LE

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Imo you guys would have a point if no LEs sold on a regular basis. But that's not the case. They sell out quickly no matter what the game has in features as long as the theme is right.

#288 2 years ago

The pinball plane might be slamming into the side of a mountain here soon.

The idea of NIB $8k plus pins, continuing to be sold in large volume, i don't care what you put in them, isn't sustainable.

People are waking up to the fact that its probably smarter to let somebody else take the up front hit while you buy the mistake on the secondary market at a huge discount. There are currently and will be a ton of "lightly played", "mint condition", hitting the market at steep discounts

That said, I think this Star Wars pin is going to be a blast to play once it finally gets out there. Theme alone, immersion off the charts.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern needs to differentiate the SW "LE" and premium in a much bigger way. Will they? Doubtful.
800 of anything pinball related isn't "limited". It's almost getting into the ridiculous realm of 2500 "LEs" of a JJP DI.
Stern could have done two different LE's, 400 of each.
The lack of a real back glass is a big miss. The ASLE is awesome. Why do I need all 3 for my LE? I don't get it.

While I agree that Stern need to differentiate the LEs better, again STLE is a perfect example, I don't think numbers matter all that much.

STLE was 799? If it was double that I think it would have still sold out. It had "interactive" LED lite side rails, powder coated armour, real back glass and a shaker motor, you could "see" where the extra money was and what you where paying for over a premium, the fact it was Limited Edition played no part in me buying one, I just wanted the cool sh*t it had over the premium

There are plenty of hobbies that offer Limited Edition items and they are limited in numbers of 1000-2000+ and they still sell out because they are made to feel special, Stern struggle with this aspect and as always it all comes down to clueless and sh*t marketing

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball plane might be slamming into the side of a mountain here soon.
The idea of NIB $8k plus pins, continuing to be sold in large volume, i don't care what you put in them, isn't sustainable.
People are waking up to the fact that its probably smarter to let somebody else take the up front hit while you buy the mistake on the secondary market at a huge discount. There are currently and will be a ton of "lightly played", "mint condition", hitting the market at steep discounts
That said, I think this Star Wars pin is going to be a blast to play once it finally gets out there. Theme alone, immersion off the charts.

Correct. And I think the LEs will sell out as soon as there is gameplay video and people see and hear the game in action.

For me, I only buy NIB LE versions of games sight unseen when it's a theme that I absolutely have to have. To date it's WOZ, GOT, and now SW. The first two haven't left my house, and as of now I have no intention to sell them for years to come, so depreciation isn't even a consideration for me.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imo you guys would have a point if no LEs sold on a regular basis. But that's not the case. They sell out quickly no matter what the game has in features as long as the theme is right.

That's the problem with this hobby, you have people who are not happy and say so, but at the same time have a deposit on the game they are not happy about, its the worry of missing out on the next TRON LE/GB LE that drives this pre ordering circle around and around.

I am guilty of it myself, but BM66LE and the way its been handled so far by Stern was it for me, quite happy I stepped back from my SWLE, sat here in the sun drinking cocktails waiting for the SW video to drop and see how the code shapes up come the end of this year in time for xmas

But Star Wars this should have sold out 10x over or at least faster than GB.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's the problem with this hobby, you have people who are not happy and say so, but at the same time have a deposit on the game they are not happy about, its the worry of missing out on the next TRON LE/GB LE that drives this pre ordering circle around and around.
I am guilty of it myself, but BM66LE and the way its been handled so far by Stern was it for me, quite happy I stepped back from my SWLE, sat here in the sun drinking cocktails waiting for the SW video to drop and see how the code shapes up come the end of this year in time for xmas
But Star Wars this should have sold out 10x over or at least faster than GB.

How quickly they sell LEs should be a concern for stern. Just that they all sell. Pretty sure they make them to order anyway so not like they are going to be sitting on any. That's the risk distributors have to take on.

So yeah I'm glad I don't need to make hasty decisions as I would never get an LE without have significant time on the game. I'm also glad the LEs I want nobody else likes (GOT, WWE, XMEN). Haha

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While I agree that Stern need to differentiate the LEs better, again STLE is a perfect example, I don't think numbers matter all that much.

The numbers do matter to me Jon, that's the whole point of "limited". I had a deposit on STLE and dropped out because of the redesign and i thought they didn't do enough then! The whole pf laser thing was so blown out of proportion leading up to the announcement it was just a letdown.

Shakers are cheap, and while lit side rails are cool I'd rather see something unique to the LE gameplay.

I said I'd always buy a premium from then on and then ended up buying a TWDLE. Remember that one? Yep, Stern led us to believe that NO premium would be coming on that game, which got me to buy the LE.

Then came GBLE, awesome theme and art package, had to have it. Same thing with ASLE which included the real back glass.

I probably made a mistake on SWLE. But when it comes out and IF it exceeds expectations, its a FAR better worldwide theme than a movie based ST imo.

Plus it has the game changer LCD. Premium is the way to go here and does have the better artwork and i suspect Stern will learn a lesson from this one when they release GOTG.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. And I think the LEs will sell out as soon as there is gameplay video and people see and hear the game in action.
For me, I only buy NIB LE versions of games sight unseen when it's a theme that I absolutely have to have. To date it's WOZ, GOT, and now SW. The first two haven't left my house, and as of now I have no intention to sell them for years to come, so depreciation isn't even a consideration for me.

Good way to look at it Boobie, buy great themes that you love and enjoy them for a LONG time.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good way to look at it Boobie, buy great themes that you love and enjoy them for a LONG time.

That's how I'm looking at it, I sold KISS mostly because I didn't "love" it. Now for my ST and GB pro good luck ever pulling those off my hands! They are staying right where they are for a very long time. I'm hoping SW will give the same satisfaction with a little extra than I've got from the other two. I of course want to get as much for my money as possible like everyone else but for me it's more about am I going to "love" it and if I do it will be in my collection for a long time. If I don't, which I doubt but if I don't I'll just get something different it's really not a big deal to me.

With that said, ANYONE GOT ANYMORE UPDATES?!? Hahahaha

IMG_4615 (resized).JPG

#296 2 years ago

I'm the same way in that SW is my family's #1 dream theme and we are buying as a keeper. I don't worry about resale value. I was going to splurge and get an LE for the first time on this one thinking stern would put a lot of effort into the biggest license in the Galaxy. After thinking about it, I just keep feeling like I'm crazy to pay $1300 more for non light up side rails and different art. If I liked the premium art better, I'd definitely go that route. Looks of a machine are important to me too, and the Le is my favorite. That's my only reason for wanting more value in the Le. The playfield already looks only ok to me, and so similar to my acdc layout, so yeah, looks and extra features are important when choosing a model. If gameplay looks amazing, then it will take a lot of the sting away, but there's always that doubt of getting a true value Le model imo. Gameplay will go a long way in helping decide if premium or Le is it for me.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

...but there's always that doubt of getting a true value Le model.

I think that's the flaw in your logic. Using the words "value" and "LE" in the same sentence is a mistake.
LEs aren't supposed to provide value. As with many items, they are "a little bit more, for a lot more $".
It's buyers spending more money because they have it to burn, or are so excited about the theme, they don't care.

You have posted non-stop about being in or out on this LE and I can't help but think that you will not be happy with an LE.
Wait to see the game in person. Play it. If you love it, grab a Premium version. If you find that it's a great game, I doubt you'll ever look at your Premium and think " I wish I'd paid more".

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm the same way in that SW is my family's #1 dream theme and we are buying as a keeper. I don't worry about resale value. I was going to splurge and get an LE for the first time on this one thinking stern would put a lot of effort into the biggest license in the Galaxy. After thinking about it, I just keep feeling like I'm crazy to pay $1300 more for non light up side rails and different art. If I liked the premium art better, I'd definitely go that route. Looks of a machine are important to me too, and the Le is my favorite. That's my only reason for wanting more value in the Le. The playfield already looks only ok to me, and so similar to my acdc layout, so yeah, looks and extra features are important when choosing a model. If gameplay looks amazing, then it will take a lot of the sting away, but there's always that doubt of getting a true value Le model imo. Gameplay will go a long way in helping decide if premium or Le is it for me.

This post kind of encapsulates how I feel. Yeah, I'm getting the LE. But I'm also feeling ripped off. So yeah...Stern wins this time, but I think in the long run they're just creating a bitter customer base that will eventually get tired of being treated like an open wallet and they'll put their money elsewhere.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This post kind of encapsulates how I feel. Yeah, I'm getting the LE. But I'm also feeling ripped off. So yeah...Stern wins this time, but I think in the long run they're just creating a bitter customer base that will eventually get tired of being treated like an open wallet and they'll put their money elsewhere.

Well said.

Star Trek LE is the model they should be copying for every LE.

The GOT LE has a better package than the Star Wars LE.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think that's the flaw in your logic. Using the words "value" and "LE" in the same sentence is a mistake.
LEs aren't supposed to provide value. As with many items, they are "a little bit more, for a lot more $".
It's buyers spending more money because they have it to burn, or are so excited about the theme, they don't care.
You have posted non-stop about being in or out on this LE and I can't help but think that you will not be happy with an LE.
Wait to see the game in person. Play it. If you love it, grab a Premium version. If you find that it's a great game, I doubt you'll ever look at your Premium and think " I wish I'd paid more".

I don't think I'm alone in this thinking though on SW LE. Everybody keeps bringing up ST as a "true" Le. That's what I'm referring to in comparison. Past Le models had shakers, real back glass, and more that felt like they truly had more "value". SW LE is bare in comparison. I agree with you about the premium. I'm sure I wouldn't probably regret not spending more for the minor features on the Le. The more I look at the premium art, the more it's growing on me.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is true for me to. Because of theme alone, I'll bite. In the future however, I won't. Regardless of anything people say or think about jjp, their $8-9k machines feel like the price tag far more than a stern Le at same price.

I'm done whining about these first world problems now. Lol. I'm just anxious to see gameplay so I can decide which model if any is worth it to me personally. Hopefully this week we'll see some action.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
There are 8096 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 162.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside