• Pro 121 votes
    27%
  • Premium 182 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    33%

(449 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4fe865872893354f5c55ed796adc37e9da6bf3bb (resized).jpg
Mad Jedi.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sw topper (resized).jpeg
Inkedc06bda824fa0e81c55b22ea10b3fa9a14c87fda1_LI (resized).jpg
star wars stern (resized).JPG
StarWarsScore105.pdf (PDF preview)
Star Wars force friday (resized).png
71968883_2427722884182838_5145153370708770816_n (resized).jpg
71494913_2427722914182835_7185463278137507840_n (resized).jpg
369FCEAE-85AE-4609-8593-4083D4C390C2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190825_003914 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190824-204947_Photos (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7716 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 155.
#2901 1 year ago

Just got my SW Premium on Friday as well. I'm wondering, what is the strategy behind turning off the shot multiplier with the lockdown bar button? Is it simply that the multiplier only lasts a certain amount of time? I didn't see a countdown.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All, anyone install “Directors Cut”? What is that?

Uh..try it and let us know.

#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’d like to know more about this as well, didn’t notice it in the menu. I was thinking maybe it had to do with enabling the voices on video clips in attract mode but there is another setting for that.

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

IMG_8708 (resized).JPG

#2905 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was so crazy that I didn’t see the video of the Death Star until after it was exploding.
When you say second Death Star you are referring to the one that appears only partially built I’m assuming? Does the video actually show that?

Yes the scenes shown are from Return of the Jedi.

#2906 1 year ago

Directors cut is in most Stern games, just a copy from the previous title and usually doesn't do anything.
Back in the day Stern used to program other cuts like the Directors cut but the last one I know for sure is enabled is Lord of the Rings.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just got my SW Premium on Friday as well. I'm wondering, what is the strategy behind turning off the shot multiplier with the lockdown bar button? Is it simply that the multiplier only lasts a certain amount of time? I didn't see a countdown.

You turn off the shot multiplier with the button so you can move it left/right. Once you have the red X in the right spot you hit the button again to park it there and reactivate the multiplier, i.e. it turns green.

The multiplier carries a minimum of 2X and can go as high as 40X. It is increased everytime you hit the 3-bank target all the way to 20X, and then hitting the FORCE targets can activate a doubler all the way to 40X. There is a timer, and the timer is shorter the higher the multiplier. There is no visual countdown, except for the multiplier will start flashing. There is an audio warning, a thumping sound that warns the multiplier is about to expire and reset to 2X. When you hear that thumping aim for the 3 bank, as it will reset the countdown timer and increase the multiplier. However, it is a risk vs. reward thing as hitting the 3 bank opens up the ball for a quick drain. The number of available shot multipliers across the playfield start at 3, and then decrease to 2, then finally 1 as the multiplier value increases.

For most newbies to the pin the best strategy is to just park the 3 multipliers in front of the DeathStar, Endor, and Hoth shots. As your skills and understanding increase learning to move the multiplier to the next logical shot can seriously increase scores, but it's another risk/reward thing as it does require some concentration. However, I will say that moving a 40X multiplier into the correct spots during a Lightsaber duel is one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced in 40+ years of playing pinball.....

IMG_5825 (resized).JPG

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was so crazy that I didn’t see the video of the Death Star until after it was exploding.

As soon as I see the ball save start flashing (because victory MB is starting) I always just let my balls drain to watch the video/light show

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You turn off the shot multiplier with the button so you can move it left/right. Once you have the red X in the right spot you hit the button again to park it there and reactivate the multiplier, i.e. it turns green.

Wow- didn't know this... thanks for sharing!

#2910 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It probably just adds a bunch of unnecessary CGI graphics over the current lcd scenes...

#2911 1 year ago

An chance the directors cut lengthens the short video clips in the attract mode?

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from jrockne:

It probably just adds a bunch of unnecessary CGI graphics over the current lcd scenes...

Plus Greedo shoots first!

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

An chance the directors cut lengthens the short video clips in the attract mode?

This

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Directors cut is in most Stern games, just a copy from the previous title and usually doesn't do anything.
Back in the day Stern used to program other cuts like the Directors cut but the last one I know for sure is enabled is Lord of the Rings.

#2914 1 year ago

Any reason to not install this in a home environment?

#2915 1 year ago

Question for anyone who has installed the spacer kit fix. Did you remove the node boards off playfield entirely or just do while the playfield was up and leave them on? Thanks

#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any reason to not install this in a home environment?

Nope. You can try it. Won't hurt anything, but likely does nothing.

#2917 1 year ago

I have had my machine for just over a month. The 1-way gate at the shooter lane broke. I think the part number is 511-7888-05. Has anyone else have this problem? I made makeshift gate for it and it works, but does not have the "rebound" that it had before. I have tried to contact Stern but nothing from them. (Did it when it broke about 3 weeks ago and again today.) I have looked for it and can not find anyone that sells it. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2918 1 year ago

Call Stern. They will certinaly replace the part.

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Call Stern. They will certinaly replace the part.

So I should call them and not send a email or contact from website?

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

My experience has shown that’s the way to get fast service.

#2921 1 year ago

@mschonbrun Thanks. I will do that in the morning. Anyone I need to ask for?

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

mschonbrun Thanks. I will do that in the morning. Anyone I need to ask for?

The main guys (Pat or Chas) answere the phone a lot, but anyone will do. They don’t have a massive staff that generically answers calls. I don’t use 1800kickers...call he number on Sterns website.

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The main guys (Pat or Chas) answere the phone a lot, but anyone will do. They don’t have a massive staff that generically answers calls. I don’t use 1800kickers...call he number on Sterns website.

My gate had broken on my pro. I called 800-Kickers and it worked fine. They replaced the part.

#2924 1 year ago

dnapac and kermit24. Thanks. Will call in the morning.

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My gate had broken on my pro. I called 800-Kickers and it worked fine. They replaced the part.

Glad you got satisfaction. I didn’t mean that 1800kickers wouldn’t work (for all I know it goes to the same people), but I like to take the direct approach if possible. Calling Stern direct has always worked for me. At any rate, I always error on the side of nice and patient. My dad always said “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.”

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Sometimes I am not even sure anyone reads the emails at Stern. If they do, you almost never get a reply.

Rob

#2927 1 year ago

What is the best looking star destroyer that you all are adding?

I got mine from lighted pinball mods today and am not real happy with it, don’t think I’m installing it.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got mine from lighted pinball mods today and am not real happy with it...

That's the worst shit on the internet; just horrible.

#2929 1 year ago

They all seem to lack any kind of darker shading in the details, and are a brighter grey than the falcon. Was disappointed in mine as well, very plastic-y looking.

#2930 1 year ago

I agree that it doesn’t look very good in hand, but under glass and lighted...I think it looks pretty cool. If you want realistic and unlighted, there are much better ones out there.

#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is the best looking star destroyer that you all are adding?

I put in Hooked on Pinball's destroyer and I like it. Easy to install and fills in the area in that back corner nicely.

IMG_5899 (resized).JPG

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

They all seem to lack any kind of darker shading in the details, and are a brighter grey than the falcon. Was disappointed in mine as well, very plastic-y looking.

Well if someone wants mine I'll sell it for $30. Not something I want on a $7500 machine. Back to the drawing board on finding a nice destroyer.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I put in Hooked on Pinball's destroyer and I like it. Easy to install and fills in the area in that back corner nicely.

That looks very nice. If I didn’t have the lightedpinball one, I’d definitely get that one.

#2934 1 year ago

I built the metel earth one and am happy with it,wish it as bigger, it has reflective quality

image (resized).jpeg

#2935 1 year ago

I think I'm going to go with the one in post 2784. Looks like a high quality licensed replica.

Don't care if it lights up or not, there is tons of lighting in the machine already.

If someone wants the one I got from lightedmods I can save you some cash, send me a pm. Otherwise I'm chucking it in the trash!

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the worst shit on the internet; just horrible.

Sort of funny! I bought the damn thing because a lot of folks on here seem happy with it.

Maybe I’m just picky and expect the damn thing to look like it belongs on a $7500 machine!

#2937 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I bought the damn thing because a lot of folks on here seem happy with it.

Yeah you have a lot of people with a lower quality threshold then you'd think. Just look at the crap that place makes. Easily the worst mods being sold.

#2938 1 year ago

Buy this one and mount it yourself. I've seen it in the local comic store for sale and it looks great; nicely detailed and not cheap looking IMO. Not sure what the vendors are using or lighting up. There is a nice looking example posted by ChipScott here on PinSide along with instructions on what wire to use.

amazon.com link »

EDIT: I attached one of ChipScott previously posted pics.
EDIT2: And, I believe he used the Boba Fett Slave 1 ship from the same series (seen in his picture)

d3961580b0c6f4144816b2ab5007f87ee0acd7f4 (resized).jpg

#2939 1 year ago

Just pulled the trigger on SW Pro today. Sorry if this has been addressed, but what’s the best method to mount/light the Millennium Falcon? I bought the X-Wing game version.

#2940 1 year ago

After putting several games on my new premium this weekend I really don’t have any complaints. I think Stern has done a heck of a job with this so far.

It got me thinking though. The one area I would like to see improved are the video modes. I’m under the impression the only one currently is the asteroid scene.

They need to add more perhaps one from each area Hoth, Tatooine end Endor or maybe character specific video modes like Leia in forest on speeder or Han blasting storm troopers, luke with some x-wing action.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They need to add more perhaps one from each area Hoth, Tatooine end Endor or maybe character specific video modes like Leia in forest on speeder or Han blasting storm troopers, luke with some x-wing action.

I don't know how liked videa modes are these days. I thik you'd hear a lot of bitching if a game had 3-4 of them these days. Plus that's a lot of work I would think.

#2942 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know how liked videa modes are these days. I thik you'd hear a lot of bitching if a game had 3-4 of them these days. Plus that's a lot of work I would think.

I think they are cool and offer some variety.

It’s one of those things where if you are going to have one you better have a couple different ones or it will get awfully repetitive. I dodged asteroids twice within a couple minutes during the same game and got me thinking about this a bit.

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think they are cool and offer some variety.
It’s one of those things where if you are going to have one you better have a couple different ones or it will get awfully repetitive. I dodged asteroids twice within a couple minutes during the same game and got me thinking about this a bit.

Get the multiplier up, light Hoth and Video mode. Back to back asteroids can provide a ton of points that way.

#2944 1 year ago

Any idea what else they may or should do with the next code updates?

#2945 1 year ago

Besides fixing some bugs (dead flippers on occasion, diverted not opening in time, etc), I’m really happy. Anything else now feels like a cherry on top. I would like to see new stuff, but am very happy with what I have.

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what else they may or should do with the next code updates?

No. I wouldn't think anything will be coming for a long time.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No. I wouldn't think anything will be coming for a long time.

Only reason I mentioned it was last weeks stern of the union mentions another update in near future featuring bug fixes, more polish and some tweaks.

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only reason I mentioned it was last weeks stern of the union mentions another update in near future featuring bug fixes, more polish and some tweaks.

I mean it's really up in the air; but I'm certain(t)ly not going to believe them aboot code drops.

#2949 1 year ago

I think we may see a bug fix drop in the near future, then maybe a final polish later down the road. All in all it feels pretty complete to me, I would love them to add one extra video mode so Hoth 1 and Video Mode aren't identical that seems kinda silly. Or make Hoth 1 a different mode. Otherwise I feel its mostly done, maybe add in some more callouts for the modes like " shoot the left ramp" which they have in some but not all.

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I think we may see a bug fix drop in the near future, then maybe a final polish later down the road. All in all it feels pretty complete to me, I would love them to add one extra video mode so Hoth 1 and Video Mode aren't identical that seems kinda silly. Or make Hoth 1 a different mode. Otherwise I feel its mostly done, maybe add in some more callouts for the modes like " shoot the left ramp" which they have in some but not all.

Agree, it feels very complete. I'm really liking this machine. When I mentioned the video mode previously, I don't think they need 10 or 12 of them like in Indy but maybe 1 or 2 additional may be appropriate given the depth of this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 7716 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 155.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside