SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 302.
#2801 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks awesome! It really does seem like that Star Destroyer was just meant to be there, right?
Also, and I know it's probably not perfect for every game, but I love how the light from the Pinstadium lights bounce off the metal ramps and habitrails in this game...really adds a lot to what is already an excellent light show!!

I could not agree more. Shaker motor, Pinstadium Lighting and Star Destroyer are three things that take this pin to the next level.

#2802 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why would they remove midnight madness? It was already coded. WWHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!

Maybe Disney did not approve? I would rather see it re-purposed into part of the actual game as a cantina mode, awarded from Mystery or something.

Rob

#2803 6 years ago

That would work too! Was damn cool and already coded...hopefully they bring it back!

#2804 6 years ago

Anyone who hasn't had an opportunity to see what the Midnight Madness mode was like back in code .91-.92, you can check it out here. The link should start the video right when Midnight Madness starts.

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

For what it's worth, I was noticing on the back of the PinStadium lights, the wires that leave the magnet strip are colored light gray and are visually obvious. With the pf pulled out to rest on the bar, I sandwiched the first four or five inches of those gray strips lengthwise with black electrical tape. Makes the wires that are present nearly invisible at the back of the machine, before they fall behind the pf and are out of view anyway.

My buddy used a black magic marker for those ugly gray wires

#2806 6 years ago

Anyone buy the side blades from retrorefurbs? They look pretty nice.

#2807 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone buy the side blades from retrorefurbs? They look pretty nice.

Pic?

#2809 6 years ago

Yeah would like to see those installed!

#2811 6 years ago

All: Be very careful installing the zip tie node board "fix" kit. One of the legs broke off the D9 diode on one of my boards during the kit install. It is a tricky because of the way the zip tie flexes before it is tightened and puts tension on the diode. It is a really bad design.

#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah would like to see those installed!

I think I'm buying them today and will post a picture installed. They look good and lots of detail if you look closely.

#2813 6 years ago

Anyone have a Darth Vader or storm trooper shooter rod on the premium that could post a pic? Can't decide

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All: Be very careful installing the zip tie node board "fix" kit. One of the legs broke off the D9 diode on one of my boards during the kit install. It is a tricky because of the way the zip tie flexes before it is tightened and puts tension on the diode. It is a really bad design.

It is tricky. I haven't done my SW yet, but did my GB last weekend without any issues. My suggestions to anyone doing it:

1) Brace the diode with your thumb or another finger while threading the zip tie through just to keep it stable.

2) Don't tighten the zip tie too early. That just adds extra strain. Instead, loop the zip tie through very loosely (just get tied in a big loop). Then carefully orient the zip tie the way it is in the instructions in the final picture, with the butt end of the zip tie in its final placement. Then use one hand to hold the spacer in place while bracing the diode and gently start pulling the zip tie tight with the other. I did it in increments and kept making sure everything was in place before it was fully tightened up.

The biggest problem I had in GB is the middle nodeboard is under a pile of other wires/cable. My initial plan was to remove the board and then do it, but that is not an easy chore with all the connectors and wires in the way. I ended up removing a couple of connectors just to give my self room but left the board in. The node board at the top is much easier to do, way less clutter. Not sure if the same will apply to SW, haven't looked yet.

#2815 6 years ago

I install my own spacer and tie-wrap, they are smaller and plastic more flexible.
I put rubbers under the legs of the node boards to avoid vibrations.
I will also install a small 12v fan near the backbox main heatsink board.
Electronics don't like heat and vibrations

#2816 6 years ago

Hmm, wondering if my Death Star shot is extra hard due to the Jedi Training Target next to it not being centered. It leans to the left and slightly covers up part of the shot opening. Is it easy to adjust this target back to center?

68DEACE7-40D7-4AD0-A681-927B0696AA79 (resized).jpeg68DEACE7-40D7-4AD0-A681-927B0696AA79 (resized).jpeg

777273F0-9CA0-433B-ABBA-4138E5B6B368 (resized).jpeg777273F0-9CA0-433B-ABBA-4138E5B6B368 (resized).jpeg

#2817 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Hmm, wondering if my Death Star shot is extra hard due to the Jedi Training Target next to it not being centered. It leans to the left and slightly covers up part of the shot opening. Is it easy to adjust this target back to center?

Its peaking out there isn't it. Just bend the thing....and if that doesn't work remove the switch so you csn use tools to bend it.

#2818 6 years ago

You will probably need to tighten the screws/nuts which hold that target together. Just unscrew the target from the bottom of the playfield, tighten, then put back in place.

Rob

#2819 6 years ago

Annoying . STERN Stand -Up seem to do this more than my Midway machines . If you reseat the target I used a piece of bamboo shish kebab stick in wood screw hole to tighten the fit . SW flair and X-Men Target Flair .

StarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPGStarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPG
X-MeN Stand up traget (resized).JPGX-MeN Stand up traget (resized).JPG

#2820 6 years ago

More good news for Star Wars! Believe it or not Stern had a Booth at CES. I'll cut to the chase. I asked a guy, I can't remember his name but he said he runs the accessories business for Stern, about the R2D2 topper. He said that the final design has been submitted to Lucas / Disney for final approval. He said R2 will not display a hologram of princess Leia. He described the topper as R2D2 sitting in the back of Luke's X-wing, not a full x-wing just the rear bit where R2 sits. He said R2D2 is very interactive, he moves and talks and reacts a lot throughout the game. He said the topper should be available for sale this spring. He also said there will be a stormtrooper shooter rod knob coming as well.

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from Moortus:

More good news for Star Wars! Believe it or not Stern had a Booth at CES. I'll cut to the chase. I asked a guy, I can't remember his name but he said he runs the accessories business for Stern, about the R2D2 topper. He said that the final design has been submitted to Lucas / Disney for final approval. He said R2 will not display a hologram of princess Leia. He described the topper as R2D2 sitting in the back of Luke's X-wing, not a full x-wing just the rear bit where R2 sits. He said R2D2 is very interactive, he moves and talks and reacts a lot throughout the game. He said the topper should be available for sale this spring. He also said there will be a stormtrooper shooter rod knob coming as well.

Sounds cool, any mention of rails?

#2822 6 years ago

What's the consensus on adding a shaker? Worth it on this machine?

#2823 6 years ago

Yes

#2824 6 years ago

Easy install? My GB came with it installed already and my other machines with them aren't spike.

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Easy install? My GB came with it installed already and my other machines with them aren't spike.

Very easy.

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes do it, it's well integrated into the game. It's also easy to install.

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, very well integrated.

Quoted from Moortus:

That's really cool news. Thanks for sharing that info! Sounds awesome.

#2828 6 years ago

The shaker is awesome and installs in minutes.
You can order the spike/spike 2 compatible one from https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I dig the shaker and it's super easy to install. My ONLY hesitation of a full endorsement is that it activates each time you mash the button leading up to tie fighter multi ball. I'm probably in the minority, but that use is just a bit too busy IMO. Overall though, no regrets w/ adding the shaker and I feel like it should have been included as standard in the LE's.

#2830 6 years ago

The shaker is overused in video mode. Otherwise great.

#2831 6 years ago

so a gorilla walks into a bar. he then goes to end of bar and tears apart a woman and eats her.
then he sits down and asks bartender for a drink.
the bartender says "we dont serve gorillas and especially gorillas on drugs"
the gorilla says "i'm not on drugs"
the bartender says "oh yeah? what about that bar bitch you ate? "

#2832 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I dig the shaker and it's super easy to install. My ONLY hesitation of a full endorsement is that it activates each time you mash the button leading up to tie fighter multi ball. I'm probably in the minority, but that use is just a bit too busy IMO.

Quoted from Kobaja:

Do either of these change if you adjust the shaker settings in the menu? Or does that only affect intensity, not frequency?

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Not if you play it well....

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought I was going to do that installing mine. Plus, the zip tie doesn't really hold the two heat sinks snug so I'm not sure how much if any it will help.

#2835 6 years ago

I'm hoping they will add more characters to choose from.

#2836 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Nope. Not gonna happen. Just look at the inserts. That said...use the multipliers, the characters, the missions, 50, 100, 200 games, you will get it. Enjoy! Some don’t get it and hate. Let haters, hate.

#2837 6 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

Anyone know how to get these to print at correct size?

I’m assuming they aren’t formatted already and will be too small.

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know how to get these to print at correct size?
I’m assuming they aren’t formatted already and will be too small.

When I print my cards, I use GIMP to resize the image to 3”x5.5” for Stern machines and then take them to staples to have them printed on medium stock glossy.

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Yes, just adjust it back to center, and consider installing one of these:

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Just want more variety of ball saves clips to match the character path chosen. Seems like code is headed that way.

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

This looks awesome . Should I order the 1/2 inch split for Star Wars Targets stand up targets?

StarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPGStarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPG

#2842 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

fast forward to 19:35 in the video to see the install of the shaker motor in my Star Wars Prem.

#2843 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just want more variety of ball saves clips to match the character path chosen. Seems like code is headed that way.

That would be nice.

#2844 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its peaking out there isn't it. Just bend the thing....and if that doesn't work remove the switch so you csn use tools to bend it.

Thanks, it bent to the right position pretty easily. Will see if it stays put.

Quoted from oyvindmo:

Oh, nice, I'll go with these if it moves off center again.

#2845 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Should I order the 1/2 inch split for Star Wars Targets stand up targets?

My SW is on location so I cannot check the dimensions at the moment, and I cannot find any specs for that target anywhere based on the part number, so I'm actually not sure. I'm sure Mezel Mods can tell you if you ask.

#2846 6 years ago

Just blew up the Death Star playing as Chewbacca

58B15936-C7EC-4932-A866-743105A3896F (resized).jpeg58B15936-C7EC-4932-A866-743105A3896F (resized).jpeg

#2847 6 years ago

About to buy our very first pin - sw premium. We don’t have any pin history and will likely be a one pin collection. Our family has a 5 and 9 year old. I think they will like it, and I’m certainly excited about it.

I love the layout, targets, and speed I see in the videos.. I’m looking at my other options like DI and just can’t get into the theme, slowness, and kinda don’t want to saturate my kids with more “connected culture”.

Cheers guys. Hope to join you soon.

#2848 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

About to buy our very first pin - sw premium. We don’t have any pin history and will likely be a one pin collection. Our family has a 5 and 9 year old. I think they will like it, and I’m certainly excited about it.

My 5 & 7 yo girls love it, and they’re not into pinball or Star Wars (and they’re only just starting to get into video games).

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I love the layout, targets, and speed I see in the videos.. I’m looking at my other options like DI and just can’t get into the theme, slowness, and kinda don’t want to saturate my kids with more “connected culture”.
Cheers guys. Hope to join you soon.

The SW theme is superior, bit I think DILE is a much better choice for a 1 pin, family friendly game.

DI isn't slow and the theme isn't about a "connected culture". If it's possible, I'd take the family out to play both and see what they think.

The good news is if/when the family get's tired of SW, you can trade it for a DI.

snaroff

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Absolutely. It seems next to impossible for the diodes not to flex at least a bit during the install. I couldn't avoid moving mine back and forth at least a bit during the install.

Hell, I think for a vast majority of owners performing the diode fix will put more strain / flex on the diodes then 1000's of gameplay sessions will.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/57?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.