20211202_131756 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211201-131529_Chrome (resized).jpg
C (resized).jpg
B (resized).jpg
A (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211119-083347 (resized).png
78C09A16-9AB3-48CE-BAF5-021DF1357D40 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 235.
#2701 3 years ago

The slave 1model looks sweet. Don’t care for the laseriffic bezel. Takes the pop out of the screen images imo.

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks sweet!! How/what did you connect to for the green lightsaber to light it up? That looks great. Is it interactive with GI? Would you ever place a red lightsaber to the left ramp to balance out the force!?
Nice job!
What star destroyer model did you end up putting in the back right corner?
...and do you mind me asking, where/from whom did you get the small LCD screen plating/cover? That's lookin really nice.

Thanks! The lightsaber is from Mezel Mods. It ties directly to the GI from the nearest bulb.

I originally ordered a red one and received the green one by mistake. I didn’t even catch the error until I had already installed it, but wound up loving the way green looked, so I left it alone. I thought about getting a red one to balance it out, but was worried the red and green lights combined might look Christmas-y. Haha.

The Star Destroyer is the one from Armada. I read what you did and copied you pretty much exactly.

The bezel’s from Laseriffic.

Quoted from John1210:

The slave 1model looks sweet. Don’t care for the laseriffic bezel. Takes the pop out of the screen images imo.

Thanks! They did a good job with the detail on the Slave 1 figure.

I’ve heard the “it takes away the pop” criticism a few times about the bezel, and while I feel the complete opposite, to each their own.

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Thanks! The lightsaber is from Mezel Mods. It ties directly to the GI from the nearest bulb.
I originally ordered a red one and received the green one by mistake. I didn’t even catch the error until I had already installed it, but wound up loving the way green looked, so I left it alone. I thought about getting a red one to balance it out, but was worried the red and green lights combined might look Christmas-y. Haha.
The Star Destroyer is the one from Armada. I read what you did and copied you pretty much exactly.
The bezel’s from Laseriffic.

Thanks! They did a good job with the detail on the Slave 1 figure.
I’ve heard the “it takes away the pop” criticism a few times about the bezel, and while I feel the complete opposite, to each their own.

Hahaha... Good call on the Christmas thing, I wouldn't have thought that until you said it. Good point!!

#2704 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the separate bass and treble controls are located? Haven't seen it in software, and I don't see any physical adjustments on the board.

It's probably painfully obvious, and I'll feel really stupid once I see it... so go easy

Thx!

#2705 3 years ago

Anyone else afraid to wax their PF? I feel like it's time to, but am scared of more speed lol

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else afraid to wax their PF? I feel like it's time to, but am scared of more speed lol

I've cleaned mine with Novus 1 but that's all so far. I was told Novus 2 is abrasive which seems like a bad call this early in the game's life.

#2707 3 years ago

I personally think its unnecessary to wax such a new pf. Any game sub 2k plays i really dont see the point but yes if you really are precious about your clear it does give an extra layer.

#2708 3 years ago

Does anybody know what happens when you finish all 4 Heros in the game? I completed Jedi multi ball using Han lastnight and got to pick a new Hero, but I fizzled out soon after that. wondering aside from score if I really need to keep playing to see something super cool, or am I pretty much done now and it’s just and endless loop?

#2709 3 years ago

I wonder if I will ever get that far!

#2710 3 years ago

Quick note to those looking for the rail EL kit for the LE versions.
The kits and the Star Destroyer ship will be added to my site on the 1st.
We have a limited number of kits left, but if demand is there we can run again in Feb.
We also have TNA kits ready to ship along with Aerosmith kits.
Thanks again for the support.
Robert

www.Hookedonpinball.com

#2711 3 years ago

Do you make blue for the pro?

#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Does anyone know where the separate bass and treble controls are located? Haven't seen it in software, and I don't see any physical adjustments on the board.
It's probably painfully obvious, and I'll feel really stupid once I see it... so go easy
Thx!

I’m unaware of separate bass and treble adjustments. You can adjust the speech and music levels. But that’s all I’ve seen

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m unaware of separate bass and treble adjustments. You can adjust the speech and music levels. But that’s all I’ve seen

It's in the utilities section I think and it does exist.

Rob

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's in the utilities section I think and it does exist.
Rob

Yes, I can confirm that the bass and treble controls are under the utilities menu, I have adjusted it since I added an external powered subwoofer a while back.

#2715 3 years ago

After a little more digging this evening, it appears that there is no wizard mode beyond Jedi Multi Ball. you just loop through all the characters and do all the objectives again, rinse and repeat.

which leads me to another question. The games flyer says NINE distinct multiball modes, so we have:

1 - Battle Above Endor
2 - Destroy the DeathStar
3 - Escape Hoth
4 - Escape Tattooine
5 - TIE Fighter multi ball
6 - Hyper Space multi ball
7 - Victory Multi Ball (for completing the shots in multi ball modes 1-4)
8 - Jedi Multi Ball
9 - ???????

What is #9? Am I missing something from the list, or is there another wizard mode/multi ball mode in the works?

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

After a little more digging this evening, it appears that there is no wizard mode beyond Jedi Multi Ball. you just loop through all the characters and do all the objectives again, rinse and repeat.
which leads me to another question. The games flyer says NINE distinct multiball modes, so we have:
1 - Battle Above Endor
3 - Escape Hoth
4 - Escape Tattooine
8 - Jedi Multi Ball
9 - ???????
What is #9? Am I missing something from the list, or is there another wizard mode/multi ball mode in the works?

Easy... the fabled "Jar Jar Binks Multiball".

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Easy... the fabled "Jar Jar Binks Multiball".

I thought about how silly a jar jar multi ball would be and just realized the 9th multi mode would be Midnight Madness! I did play Midnight Madness in code .91 a few months back (I totally forgot), but I have not noticed if it is still able to be turned on in the latest version, or maybe I just go to bed too early these days.

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

1 - Battle Above Endor
3 - Escape Hoth
4 - Escape Tattooine
8 - Jedi Multi Ball
9 - ???????

#9 may have been midnight madness, which has been removed from the game. And before anyone asks, I don't know why that happened.

Rob

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I thought about how silly a jar jar multi ball would be and just realized the 9th multi mode would be Midnight Madness! I did play Midnight Madness in code .91 a few months back (I totally forgot), but I have not noticed if it is still able to be turned on in the latest version, or maybe I just go to bed too early these days.

It's gone now.

Rob

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We have a limited number of kits left, but if demand is there we can run again in Feb.
Robert
http://www.Hookedonpinball.com

You know what would be really cool would be side rails inspired by Bespin carbon freeze chamber (a bit different than the Death Star panals side rails of the LE) that would light orange for the premium (and pro, why not).

#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Robert
http://www.Hookedonpinball.com

Does anyone know how to obtain the LE side rails? If so, I would totally get one of those lighted mods for my premium. I think they look great on that machine from the pictures I've seen.

#2722 3 years ago

In this inspiration...

5FD31F77-9B22-43BB-8C85-AFAF1A104F88 (resized).jpeg
B037EDFE-F7DD-4E66-A7F5-E17A1D7C05B5 (resized).png

Different enough from the LE but in the same idea and cool enough to be put on the LE too... just a thought...

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Quoted from Rob_G:

It's gone now.
Rob

Nice work on beating that emperor's ass and getting to the second character! I've gotten close, but have not gotten that far yet. Someday.
As above, yes, at the current time with current code it is just a rinse and repeat once starting the next character. Even though I would never be able to obtain it, it would be fun to know that there was some crazy status-post, four-character super wizard mode waiting at the end... I know that there would be some pinball wizard out there that would make it to that level, and I would enjoy watching it!!

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

In this inspiration...

Different enough from the LE but in the same idea and cool enough to be put on the LE too... just a thought...

That's awesome. I tell you, original trilogy Star Wars is so cool. There's all kinds of good stuff to pick from. Almost makes me wish that they had chosen the carbon freeze chamber as a mode. If I had my choice, I would put that in one of the Hoth modes to replace the doubled asteroid field video mode, and leave the video mode to the asteroids... As far as inspiration for future mods, including side rails, carbon freeze chamber is a great idea.

#2726 3 years ago

How close to code being finished and is it still at .91 ?

#2727 3 years ago

1.0 came out about a week ago

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Does anyone know how to obtain the LE side rails? If so, I would totally get one of those lighted mods for my premium. I think they look great on that machine from the pictures I've seen.

They don't sell any LE specific items, that would kill the whole limited concept. That being said, I am interested to see what the accessory rails look like when the Stern accessories are unveiled soon. I would wait for that before you buy rails.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

1.0 came out about a week ago

No. 1.0 was released 18 days ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How close to code being finished and is it still at .91 ?

Ericpinballfan Make it your first Stern! The code is really great at this point @ 1.0

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

ericpinballfan Make it your first Stern! The code is really great at this point @ 1.0

Considering it...Thanks.
There's a nice under 5k one close by.
Really want LOTR Vault edition, fingers crossed on that, however unlikely it may be.

#2732 3 years ago

One of my strategies for getting to the Emperor was as simple as just letting the mini-wizard mode multi-balls (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) drain out as soon as I started them, but keep one ball in play. Save your energy for the next objective. There's always a risk you drain all of your balls on one of those final scene multi balls, while completing them is not part of the objectives. You can focus on getting a high score on this game by micro managing your shot multipliers to death, or simply chase the modes you need to qualify Jedi Multiball. Only the very best (or lucky?) players will be able to do both. On my game where I defeated the Emperor, I put up a score of 3.8 Billion, and i figure it took me 25-30 minutes. Factory defaults for extra ball awards and I have not tightened up my outlanes. Playfield at the recommended pitch of 6.5. Be good at trapping up the ball and taking a moment to look around the playfield and read the LCD screen to see what you need to do next.

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

One of my strategies for getting to the Emperor was as simple as just letting the mini-wizard mode multi-balls (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) drain out as soon as I started them, but keep one ball in play. Save your energy for the next objective. There's always a risk you drain all of your balls on one of those final scene multi balls, while completing them is not part of the objectives. You can focus on getting a high score on this game by micro managing your shot multipliers to death, or simply chase the modes you need to qualify Jedi Multiball. Only the very best (or lucky?) players will be able to do both. On my game where I defeated the Emperor, I put up a score of 3.8 Billion, and i figure it took me 25-30 minutes. Factory defaults for extra ball awards and I have not tightened up my outlanes. Playfield at the recommended pitch of 6.5. Be good at trapping up the ball and taking a moment to look around the playfield and read the LCD screen to see what you need to do next.

That's the beauty of this game, there is more than one way to attack it: My high of 5.476B only completed two of the battle modes (Endor & Hoth). Boba Fett was also not completed. I did have 174 TIE fighters, 482M video mode, & 1.167B Lightsaber duel, also a 25-30 minute game.

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

One of my strategies for getting to the Emperor was as simple as just letting the mini-wizard mode multi-balls (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) drain out as soon as I started them, but keep one ball in play.

So you're not even trying to "win" the mode and get Victory MB?

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The strategy has a major flaw - Most of the time you will need those multi balls to get to Jedi Master in the training requirement that you need for Jedi MB.

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So you're not even trying to "win" the mode and get Victory MB?

you don't need Victory multiball to get to Jedi multiball. If your goal is to get lots of points too, then sure.. you can totally play those modes out. If you just want to face the emperor (Jedi Multiball), then you should do as little as possible to get there. The longer you play, the sooner you become fatigued, and then make stupid mistakes when you're down to ball 3 and 1 mode away from starting the wizard mode. My best scores on this game are 7-8 billion, mostly from just stacking things and really moving that shot multiplier around, but not really being dedicated to finishing all the modes. Now that I have played the game a couple different ways, my goal is to work on being able to consistently finish the game while also working on my high score.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The strategy has a major flaw - Most of the time you will need those multi balls to get to Jedi Master in the training requirement that you need for Jedi MB.

i suppose that is a problem for some, i know it usually was for me early on. I will play the regular multiballs out, like Hyper Space and TIE Fighter, and end up increasing my Jedi rank a few notches that way. I also will use Jedi Training as my path when i plunge a new ball, if its available and makes sense to do so. once you've played through all the modes to get to the point you are nearly qualified for Jedi Multiball, you should be pretty close with all the training. Practice up on those wide shots off the left flipper to get those hardest Jedi training targets down.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i suppose that is a problem for some, i know it usually was for me early on. I will play the regular multiballs out, like Hyper Space and TIE Fighter, and end up increasing my Jedi rank a few notches that way. I also will use Jedi Training as my path when i plunge a new ball, if its available and makes sense to do so. once you've played through all the modes to get to the point you are nearly qualified for Jedi Multiball, you should be pretty close with all the training. Practice up on those wide shots off the left flipper to get those hardest Jedi training targets down.

Yeah it also depends on the character you play with. Getting Jedi Master with R2D2 is the hardest I believe.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

On my game where I defeated the Emperor, I put up a score of 3.8 Billion, and i figure it took me 25-30 minutes

that's crazy. i put up 3.6 bil yesterday and i didn't even get through half of the objectives for Jedi Multiball. i concentrate more on getting max scoring with the bonus multiplier and score multiplier i suppose.

#2740 3 years ago

I get more ball spin, than any other pin I've ever played, on this game. Am I alone in this?

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I get more ball spin, than any other pin I've ever played, on this game. Am I alone in this?

That and more Lazarus balls.....

#2742 3 years ago

Spin & Lazarus I feel on par with recent titles.

#2743 3 years ago

Lazarus?

#2744 3 years ago

Back from the Dead, i.e. a ball that hits the apron or ball trough area and bounces back into play on it's own. Usually happens with a real fast or heavily spinning ball.

#2745 3 years ago

Sterns have always had a ton of them.

#2746 3 years ago

Don't know how you can make it to the Emperor, i played hundreds of games and barely made 3 missions out of 10...
The outlanes eat all my balls in few seconds ..... my highest is 1.2 billions when i work very hard with the mulitpliers, if not i can barely score 300 millions at this game.

#2747 3 years ago

I've gotten 9 billion and still have never done more than half the tasks for Jedi MB.

Back on the original code on location I managed to complete all the Mission MBs but when that happened the game just crashed :/

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Don't know how you can make it to the Emperor, i played hundreds of games and barely made 3 missions out of 10...
The outlanes eat all my balls in few seconds ..... my highest is 1.2 billions when i work very hard with the mulitpliers, if not i can barely score 300 millions at this game.

make sure your pitch is set at 6.5. Also, I have probably played this game a few hundred times before I got to the emperor. I expect it'll be a while before I get back again.

#2749 3 years ago

I have several new sterns and I can drop catch and control the ball much easier on the others. Still love it though!

#2750 3 years ago

I installed a "Legendary Yoda" which is a 16" animated Yoda toy as a topper on my SW as I'm getting too impatient with Stern to release theirs. This is a toy that was expensive when released in 2015 but you can find it fairly inexpensively now. I had to disable the movement motors and attach him to a platform (He still rotates slightly) and he works pretty well. There is a button on his toe that you can press to enable a random animation and I wired this to the action button on the lockdown bar so there will be a few animations during a game or in attract mode if desired.
He also comes with a walking stick which he can hold instead of the lightsabre if you'd prefer more subdued animations. Personally I like crazy lightsabre Yoda...
He's powered by the game service outlet with a 9VDC power adapter.
His also controlled by voice commands and I'm pretty sure he's picking up voice from the game and reacting!
He is supposed to speak but the speech stopped working- I may have fried his speech electronics while hacking him... We wouldn't be able to hear him over the audio from the game anyway.

Check it out - Yoda looks like he's conducting the orchestra at times:

Toy link at Amazon:
amazon.com link »

Thanks!
Nick

IMG_1492 (resized).JPG

There are 11,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 235.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside