SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 302.
#2651 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I checked and he has the UV+Glow flasher option color with the GI module.

Thanks!
Just ordered a set for my SW Premium!
Can't wait to get it setup!

#2652 6 years ago

Had a 4.5 billion point game on our Pro this past weekend and just kept on playing over and over and over again. Absolutely in love with the theme and the shots!

#2653 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A couple of things, illustrated by pics:

2) The hyperloop wireform position has needed some minor tweaking on many Premiums/LE. To the bottom left under the Death Star you will see a lock nut that can be loosened to raise/lower the wireform. Too low and the ramp shot hits it, too high and it may hit the top of the magnet assembly. Here is where mine is at:

I cannot agree more with the adjusting of the wireform. This made a huge difference with my Prem and the Hyperloop. My shots are so much smoother now. The ball doesnt bang into wire ramps on the otherside anymore.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my diverter to fire at the right time everytime. It is a little too late about every tenth hyperloop, and it either catapults the ball into the glass or it slow it down significantly. Luckily, neither negatively affects my play, it just isn't fun.

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I checked and he has the [...]

I don't much mind all your promotional-ish posts which others take offense to, but this kind of making even a little bit of people's order info public is just plain wrong on principle. I insist that you will refrain from publish any of my info in any way, and implore you to not publish any others' as well.

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Now I just need to figure out how to get my diverter to fire at the right time everytime. It is a little too late about every tenth hyperloop, and it either catapults the ball into the glass or it slow it down significantly. Luckily, neither negatively affects my play, it just isn't fun.

Mine does this as well every now and then, probably little that can be done mechanically, so we will just need some more code tweaking by Stern....

#2656 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

I fixed this problem by cleaning under the diverter with some novus 1 and Q-Tips. It had a very small amount of wax buildup and it must’ve been sticking together just enough to affect the timing. Give it a shot. I haven’t had that problem since I cleaned it out.

#2657 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I fixed this problem by cleaning under the diverter with some novus 1 and Q-Tips. It had a very small amount of wax buildup and it must’ve been sticking together just enough to affect the timing. Give it a shot. I haven’t had that problem since I cleaned it out.

Can you show us where in a pic??

#2658 6 years ago

Lift the diverter up like this and clean underneath the plate that I’m lifting and the plate it rests on top of.
You don’t have to clean the whole thing. There’s roughly 1” square that touches
I almost forgot. Don’t test it with the glass off if you’ve been having this problem. If it doesn’t work, you’re going to break something.
AB789C85-21DE-4CB6-A2D9-EE56CE0C2E3B (resized).jpegAB789C85-21DE-4CB6-A2D9-EE56CE0C2E3B (resized).jpeg

#2659 6 years ago

Just blew up the death star during a multiball, and didn't even realize I blew it up until I looked up and the "egg" was open lol

Such a fun game!!!

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What about ZOOM Spout .The LA-CO® Precision Spout Oiler has a flexible telescoping spout specially designed to reach up to 13" to lubricate hard-to-reach areas. The nondetergent SAE 10 turbine-grade oil is an excellent general purpose lubricant for use on rotating and reciprocating motors, bearings, slides, and other equipment. This stuff last a long time . I use it on Game of Thrones battering ram slide . VID1900 turned me on to it .

Zoom Spout (resized).jpgZoom Spout (resized).jpg

#2661 6 years ago

De-OX-ID is great as well. Carbon Dioxide/Heptane/Mineral Oil/VM&P Naptha .Food for thought .

De-OX-ID (resized).pngDe-OX-ID (resized).png

#2662 6 years ago

LE Owner here. I haven't stopped playing this game since it arrived in August. A few gripes about the code though, much more apparent now that I'm just trying for Jedi Multiball. It's really annoying that you have to play Lightsaber Duel, and Escape from Boba Fett even if you have already played and beaten them. There should be an option to "pass" on those modes if you decide you don't want to play them. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be timed out, but only 4 seconds passes between switch hits so you have to take a shot of some sort to keep the counters moving.

There is nothing worse than having already completed both of these modes, and have them show up again while you're trying to complete your next milestone towards Jedi Multiball effectively preventing progress and causing you to take risky shots to get through it.

#2663 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I almost forgot. Don’t test it with the glass off if you’ve been having this problem. If it doesn’t work, you’re going to break something.

Dude, you really made me laugh.

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

LE Owner here. I haven't stopped playing this game since it arrived in August. A few gripes about the code though, much more apparent now that I'm just trying for Jedi Multiball. It's really annoying that you have to play Lightsaber Duel, and Escape from Boba Fett even if you have already played and beaten them. There should be an option to "pass" on those modes if you decide you don't want to play them. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be timed out, but only 4 seconds passes between switch hits so you have to take a shot of some sort to keep the counters moving.
There is nothing worse than having already completed both of these modes, and have them show up again while you're trying to complete your next milestone towards Jedi Multiball effectively preventing progress and causing you to take risky shots to get through it.

Agreed!!! Wonder if Stern is listening.....

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

There're people rating data east Star Wars higher the Stern Star Wars, how it's possible ??

I have no idea why! I own both and restored my DESW and considered it the best until SWLE. And with each code update it just keeps getting better. I tell people that 10 games on the machine will not make you love it. You need to play it for a while and master some of the shots that make the game, the better of the two. And John Williams score in the background just adds to every level.......

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This game is so addicting, it's just so much fun. I have had and still have lot's of games, but none of them seem to have that one more time thing for me like this one does. My biggest complaint is that I never get to see any of the video clips since looking up is pretty much instant death. It is also a heartless game, if you are having a good game going, don't miss a shot or you're dead, or pick the wrong time to hit something and Bang, it hits the out lane and don't get me started on watching the ball roll across your flipper as you mash the tie fighter button. The Hyper Loop might be the best hurry up in pinball. The game can be so frustrating, but Damn! It's so fun!

I hear ya! That what two player is for, so you can watch the screen!

#2667 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just blew up the death star during a multiball, and didn't even realize I blew it up until I looked up and the "egg" was open lol
Such a fun game!!!

This sounds like a blast. I will be playing SW for the first time in a few days. Out of all the pins in the place I'm taking my nephew to, this would probably be the one he picks because it's SW.

I don't think he's flipped a real pin before. How hard is this table on a beginner? He'll have a veteran (if rusty and nowhere near competition shape) player coaching him. Steve Ritchie's works like High Speed and F-14 Tomcat were among my early pinball experiences. Tomcat is in this place too according to Pinballmap. Glad he's still at it for a new generation of players.

#2668 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

How hard is this table on a beginner

My girlfriends daughter barely played any pinball before SW, and she loves it. She just tries to collect tie fighters, and get the hurry up, so she can mash the center button.
It can be a short game for anyone. Be ready to get your wallet out.

#2669 6 years ago

Where we're going it's free play for an entrance fee, so there's some room for error. Good as much for me as I have struggled on my last few live flips. Thanks for your take.

#2670 6 years ago

So loving my pin, but my left flipper is starting to stick. And this also happened with my STLE. Anyone know how I can fix/diagnose the problem? With my SW Prem being brand new, the coil shouldn't be bad this quick right? Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated. And if need be, I can take pictures of the flippers underneath the playfield if that helps.

#2671 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So loving my pin, but my left flipper is starting to stick. And this also happened with my STLE. Anyone know how I can fix/diagnose the problem? With my SW Prem being brand new, the coil shouldn't be bad this quick right? Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated. And if need be, I can take pictures of the flippers underneath the playfield if that helps.

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays up you have a mechanical issue. If it drops, it’s electrical.

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It's unlikely to be the coil.

How many plays on your SW?

Have you ever changed the coil sleeves?

#2673 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I had this happen with my ST. Turns out the leaf switch that presses against the button was too tight, so it caused the button to stay pressed in. I just played with the switch bending it back to reduce pressure and it's worked perfectly ever since. Plus I like the feel of a lighter button press, seems more like a WMS flipper button with the opto switches.

#2674 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

This sounds like a blast. I will be playing SW for the first time in a few days. Out of all the pins in the place I'm taking my nephew to, this would probably be the one he picks because it's SW.
I don't think he's flipped a real pin before. How hard is this table on a beginner? He'll have a veteran (if rusty and nowhere near competition shape) player coaching him. Steve Ritchie's works like High Speed and F-14 Tomcat were among my early pinball experiences. Tomcat is in this place too according to Pinballmap. Glad he's still at it for a new generation of players.

I have a 9 year old son, and I know that he and his friends have all enjoyed taking turns on the machine. I have the premium version at the house. Even though the true gameplay can be very challenging, I think that between the light show, audio clips and call outs and overall layout, they all find it super fun. Not to mention when they hit the hyperspace Loop, or get to mash on the button to destroy Tie fighters. When having guests over, when the adults are taking a break from having an absolute blast on it, I noticed that younger children as young as five have migrated to the machine and can be captivated by it for some time. For me this is great, because as a old school Star Wars fan and owner of this game, this particular game and model really hits the check boxes. Overall I am continuously pleased and stoked with the full package this machine brings to the table. Highly recommended.
And while sometimes I want to choke Yoda through the LCD screen, the kids love teasing each other with his final comments when the ball drains...

MVIMG_20171218_174025.jpgMVIMG_20171218_174025.jpg

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I have a 9 year old son, and I know that he and his friends have all enjoyed taking turns on the machine

My five year old son loves our LE. I thought it may be too fast and difficult for him, but honestly Star Wars has made him a better player. He is really starting to dial in his skills, I enjoy standing behind him watching him get better and better. His uncle's were blown away by his skills on SW, he is like my mini-me (;

#2676 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Thank you. I lifted mine up and it does in fact have some waxy substance. I will try that out.

#2677 6 years ago

Haven’t looked through the thread, but since updating to newest code, no attract sounds- STARWARS theme music and no video clip sounds.

The attract sound is on in settings
Anyone else having this problem?

#2678 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Haven’t looked through the thread, but since updating to newest code, no attract sounds- STARWARS theme music and no video clip sounds.

Yes this is changed to be silent by default and can be set back to the old way in the settings.

#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

With my SW Prem being brand new, the coil shouldn't be bad this quick right?

Coils are rarely bad on games from the 90, 80, 70s...

EDIT: or any era - My point is it's rarely the coils fault.

#2680 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays up you have a mechanical issue. If it drops, it’s electrical.

It stayed up even after I turned the power off, so what is the likely problem?

#2681 6 years ago

and when it gets stuck, it won't come back down unless i hit the other (opposite side) flipper button, and then it drops back down.

#2682 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It stayed up even after I turned the power off, so what is the likely problem?

If the flipper stays up after the power is shut off tells me that it is not electrical, it points more to an mechanical issue. I just took apart both my flipper mechanisms on the game and cleaned everything out including the plastic coil sleeve inside the solenoid. Everything was really dirty. Sometimes giving everything a good cleaning or replacing the coil sleeve will help a stuck flipper.

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

If the flipper stays up after the power is shut off tells me that it is not electrical, it points more to an mechanical issue. I just took apart both my flipper mechanisms on the game and cleaned everything out including the plastic coil sleeve inside the solenoid. Everything was really dirty. Sometimes giving everything a good cleaning or replacing the coil sleeve will help a stuck flipper.

Clearly a mechanical issue. Something is binding. You likely have to take apart the flipper and inspect it to find out why it’s causing issues like this.

#2684 6 years ago

Just installed my EL lighting for the side rails from and these are amazing. I love how good they look.

20171226_210506 (resized).jpg20171226_210506 (resized).jpg

20171226_210455 (resized).jpg20171226_210455 (resized).jpg

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Just installed my EL lighting for the side rails from and these are amazing. I love how good they look.

Looks great! --- where did you get those from? Would love to have on my LE

#2686 6 years ago

I got them from Robert at hooked on pinball

#2687 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yes, they made the default with the initial video clips and attract mode video clips with the audio off on the new code for some reason. If you go to the settings in the feature adjustments, there is an option to turn attract mode video clips vocals on or vocals off.

#2688 6 years ago

Now all we need is 'reverse colordmd' to change these LCD games to DMD and the circle will be complete!

Rob

#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

That’s awesome; the EL lighting looks really great! How does it look when the game is off?

#2690 6 years ago

It’s a pale light orange. I’ll snap a pic when I get home if no one else posts one. But this really should have been on the LEs. Stern missing another mark.

1659C553-29F0-46D1-A865-5D8F3B181C94 (resized).jpeg1659C553-29F0-46D1-A865-5D8F3B181C94 (resized).jpeg

E21FE20C-8413-4686-B8DF-599DDF38501C (resized).jpegE21FE20C-8413-4686-B8DF-599DDF38501C (resized).jpeg

#2691 6 years ago

Showed up today!!

20171228_102727 (resized).jpg20171228_102727 (resized).jpg

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Showed up today!!

Just in time for the weekend

#2693 6 years ago

I'm new to the club !! My first nib in 17 years of collecting arcade games.

IMG_6307 (resized).JPGIMG_6307 (resized).JPG

IMG_6314 (resized).JPGIMG_6314 (resized).JPG

IMG_6316 (resized).JPGIMG_6316 (resized).JPG

IMG_6317 (resized).JPGIMG_6317 (resized).JPG

IMG_6318 (resized).JPGIMG_6318 (resized).JPG

#2694 6 years ago

I snapped a few pics real quick with the EL off

20171228_151201 (resized).jpg20171228_151201 (resized).jpg

20171228_151218 (resized).jpg20171228_151218 (resized).jpg

20171228_151232 (resized).jpg20171228_151232 (resized).jpg

#2695 6 years ago

Nice mine arrives tomorrow, i was on the fence on if I should install them as another friend found them dim...but he has a lot of light in his game room. Seems like bit of work to get them in.

#2696 6 years ago

They are dimmer than I had hoped, but it really does look good. As long as it’s not in a really bright room, you’ll love them.

B9005E20-473F-433C-AD4E-6E0BF7529830 (resized).jpegB9005E20-473F-433C-AD4E-6E0BF7529830 (resized).jpeg

9EB11182-0BFE-441D-94FB-0A2E69C7BD57 (resized).jpeg9EB11182-0BFE-441D-94FB-0A2E69C7BD57 (resized).jpeg

#2697 6 years ago

Those look badass! I’m a Prem owner, but I’d debase myself for some LE rails.

I added an X-Wing series Slave 1 yesterday (Christmas present from my wife... my first-ever pinball gift, oddly enough):

89C7EC4F-15B1-445E-BC6C-8E6B24FD3E93 (resized).jpeg89C7EC4F-15B1-445E-BC6C-8E6B24FD3E93 (resized).jpeg

#2698 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Those look badass! I’m a Prem owner, but I’d debase myself for some LE rails.
I added an X-Wing series Slave 1 yesterday (Christmas present from my wife... my first-ever pinball gift, oddly enough):

Looks sweet!! How/what did you connect to for the green lightsaber to light it up? That looks great. Is it interactive with GI? Would you ever place a red lightsaber to the left ramp to balance out the force!?
Nice job!
What star destroyer model did you end up putting in the back right corner?
...and do you mind me asking, where/from whom did you get the small LCD screen plating/cover? That's lookin really nice.

#2699 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Nice mine arrives tomorrow, i was on the fence on if I should install them as another friend found them dim...but he has a lot of light in his game room. Seems like bit of work to get them in.

Those are an awesome upgrade! As a premium owner, at the current time it's not a feasible modification to the machine...but I think they look totally amazing from the pictures that have been posted.
Can you post pics of the install process!?

#2700 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

...and do you mind me asking, where/from whom did you get the small LCD screen plating/cover? That's lookin really nice.

That is the laseriffic bezel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.