• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,264 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200127_183957 (resized).jpg
C31275E2-87CF-4915-A8F8-A73A3A47818A (resized).jpeg
CD47544B-4ACC-43E3-B1F9-CA630F5D2F80 (resized).jpeg
SPIKE 2 Power (resized).jpg
1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
SW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8412 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 169.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Folks; the spacers cost me .99 at frys and I already had the zip ties. I’m all for this being a warranty issue and all, but I didn’t want to wait until I had a problem so I bought my own. Which was enough for 4 games!

Can you post a link to them?

#2602 2 years ago

Has anyone used the pinbits plastic protectors? www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_96&products_id=646

I got some and some don't look right. Like the sling protectors look like the notch for the spot light wire is at the wrong end and the one for the drop targets might be cut wrong for the holes to line up. I have not taken the ramps off to see if they are right. Did not want to get that far and they not work. Thanks for any info or photos of the install.

I have a pro if that makes a difference.

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Folks; the spacers cost me .99 at frys and I already had the zip ties. I’m all for this being a warranty issue and all, but I didn’t want to wait until I had a problem so I bought my own. Which was enough for 4 games!

What size spacer. I also read about a guy that did his own and tightened it too much and cracked the legs. I know it’s an inexpensive fix, just don’t want to cause problems.

#2604 2 years ago

It would be helpful if you linked what you purchased for the convenience of others and then they can decide if they just want to resolve it themselves as well.

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What size spacer. I also read about a guy that did his own and tightened it too much and cracked the legs. I know it’s an inexpensive fix, just don’t want to cause problems.

Quoted from tbanthony:

It would be helpful if you linked what you purchased for the convenience of others and then they can decide if they just want to resolve it themselves as well.

I found this (Do it your Self ) photo on the official 189 190 " Holy Nod board thread " one of the two fixes both need to be done. This is DIY spacer # 102

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-node-board-batman-and-ghostbusters-and-aerosmith-and-star-wars/page/3#post-4097250

#2606 2 years ago

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but what is the Death Star hold power adjustment used for? I see this was added as an adjustment, but I can't find any explanation of what it does. Also, is anyone able to successfully backhand the DS ramp with the forks up? It never makes it up the forks on mine, just dribbles back out. Thanks in advance, John

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but what is the Death Star hold power adjustment used for? I see this was added as an adjustment, but I can't find any explanation of what it does. Also, is anyone able to successfully backhand the DS ramp with the forks up? It never makes it up the forks on mine, just dribbles back out. Thanks in advance, John

I wouldn't worry about the hold adjustment if the Death Star opens fully when it explodes or during test. I can backhand (must be a perfectly clean shot from a cradle) my Death Star, but the level and pitch is very important. Make sure you measure for 6.5 pitch, not anything steeper.

#2608 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. Other than watching for someone else to comment on Pinside, is there some way to get notified about service bulletins?

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Thanks for the info. Other than watching for someone else to comment on Pinside, is there some way to get notified about service bulletins?

Just check Sterns website every once in awhile. I wish they had a alert system. You would think they would if your machine is registered with them.

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

1/4 inch. It was an off the shelf part 1/4 inch nylon spacer.

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't worry about the hold adjustment if the Death Star opens fully when it explodes or during test. I can backhand (must be a perfectly clean shot from a cradle) my Death Star, but the level and pitch is very important. Make sure you measure for 6.5 pitch, not anything steeper.

Wow, what a difference .4 degrees can make! Mine was set to 6.9, and all the shots were SIGNIFICANTLY harder. Maybe now I can beat the Death Star! Thanks, John

#2612 2 years ago

Upgraded to 1.0 and added Hooked SWLE EL panes for side rail kit. This game was fun to me when the pro first came out but is way better than I hoped when I ordered it.

For the EL kit, it was Pretty easy to put on and I really like. Downside is the panel when off is not white. So see the video on his youtube channel

Here are a few pics of the EL kit. I play with the lights off so included an original shot in the dark with a lit shot.

IMG_5532 (resized).JPG

IMG_5533 (resized).JPG
IMG_5535 (resized).JPG

IMG_5538 (resized).JPG

IMG_5536 (resized).JPG

#2613 2 years ago

There're people rating data east Star Wars higher the Stern Star Wars, how it's possible ??

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

There're people rating data east Star Wars higher the Stern Star Wars, how it's possible ??

because " stern star wars had so much potential", "they could have done so much more with it" "whats up with the bunus multipliers" "they should have put more wookies or chewbacca, or xxxxxx on it" etc, etc.

Everybody thinks they should be designing pinball machines right now i suppose.

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

As an former owner of DataEast SW it is a fun pinball and has a great original John Williams score . Original 1977 cast voice overs . Excellent Art and the best Backglass art for Star Wars in my opinion . And the 25th anniversary code update rom gives it better balance of game play . It is still a classic DataEast and John Borgs most successful DataEast pinball . It is much easer to understand for players . STERN SW is for seasoned pinball players. I like them both. STERN SW is the best version of the Original trilogy . In my opinion. And my favorite . But many plays will find it to hard . Those are some reason why Data East SW will remain liked in addition to freedom of choice and to have one's own opinion.

#2616 2 years ago

I found SW a lot easier and straightforward to understand than GB and some other Sterns after just a few plays, so I don't understand the "it's too complex" aspect.

#2617 2 years ago

There is someone that gave AFM a 2.5 star rating; you just can't put too much stock into the ratings. There are just people that are going to hate on a game no matter what.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Upgraded to 1.0 and added Hooked SWLE EL panes for side rail kit. This game was fun to me when the pro first came out but is way better than I hoped when I ordered it.
For the EL kit, it was Pretty easy to put on and I really like. Downside is the panel when off is not white. So see the video on his youtube channel
Here are a few pics of the EL kit. I play with the lights off so included an original shot in the dark with a lit shot.

Wow, those are awesome!!...Looks amazing. Where/what are they plugged into for power? How is it off in that one picture when the machine is on? External source? Super cool pics, thanks!

#2619 2 years ago

Still on 3 ball, with factory outlane gap. This is the furthest I’ve been (still haven’t seen the emperor) have everything done but Jedi master training. And literally I was one stand up hit away from completing it.

25273B7B-74F3-4E15-9340-C3223250615B (resized).jpeg

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wow, those are awesome!!...Looks amazing. Where/what are they plugged into for power? How is it off in that one picture when the machine is on? External source? Super cool pics, thanks!

Power is sourced in box box using a vacant connector.
Transformer is fused internally so no worries and you can turn the off if you want, make them flash etc with the controls on the box. I just leave them in the on position so that they come on and go off with the machines power.
The EL panel color is the same as around the asteroid on the side art when in the off position.
The kits are being shipped now to pre launch guys around the world, available on my site Jan 1st along with a few other SW mods.

Hookedonpinball.com

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Still on 3 ball, with factory outlane gap. This is the furthest I’ve been (still haven’t seen the emperor) have everything done but Jedi master training. And literally I was one stand up hit away from completing it.

WOW. That's further than I thought was possible on this game. One hit away, what a heartbreak!

#2622 2 years ago

This game is so addicting, it's just so much fun. I have had and still have lot's of games, but none of them seem to have that one more time thing for me like this one does. My biggest complaint is that I never get to see any of the video clips since looking up is pretty much instant death. It is also a heartless game, if you are having a good game going, don't miss a shot or you're dead, or pick the wrong time to hit something and Bang, it hits the out lane and don't get me started on watching the ball roll across your flipper as you mash the tie fighter button. The Hyper Loop might be the best hurry up in pinball. The game can be so frustrating, but Damn! It's so fun!

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This game is so addicting, it's just so much fun. I have had and still have lot's of games, but none of them seem to have that one more time thing for me like this one does. My biggest complaint is that I never get to see any of the video clips since looking up is pretty much instant death. It is also a heartless game, if you are having a good game going, don't miss a shot or you're dead, or pick the wrong time to hit something and Bang, it hits the out lane and don't get me started on watching the ball roll across your flipper as you mash the tie fighter button. The Hyper Loop might be the best hurry up in pinball. The game can be so frustrating, but Damn! It's so fun!

Well said! Haha. Yeah, it's a blast, and I've never just played one game either... But wow, it really can be a real ass kicker if the shots don't staaay on target!

#2624 2 years ago

I agree, the hyperloop is the best ''hurry up'' in pinball existence'' fantastic machine.
The lightning choreography and sound effect are amazing. I'm a vidz fan and love the video mode.
Cool to have a video mode that look very pretty compare to dot matrix video mode that look
to a 70's bad video game.

Choose your path put more variety and if you want to play the real storyline
just choose the missions in the same sequence of the films, it's your choice.

The center button demand more action and reflex like a video game
specially for multipliers change lane and Tie Fighter assault.

This pinball reach another level, thanks to the
designers for this much more challenging pin they create !!

And it's Star Wars, best possible theme for me, my first NIB in 17 years of collecting arcade games

#2625 2 years ago

After seeing the reaction to the new Star Wars movie the hate for this game makes sense. Star Wars is a theme with expectations that can not be managed.

It’s one of the favorite games in our collection. Haters gonna hate.

#2626 2 years ago

So we are playing our SW Prem, and so far everyone is really enjoying it. Its definitely a fast and brutal game, lots of very short ball times (which I actually like) BUT one thing is driving me nuts. The Death Star is a hard shot to hit, but about 5 times already we've hit the shot, and the ball just drops down once it enters below the death star and its stuck. The machine can't find it and I have to take the glass off. Anyone have this problem? Is there a fix? I downloaded that app on my phone to level the pin at exactly 6.5 as I read that was the desired level correct?

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So we are playing our SW Prem, and so far everyone is really enjoying it. Its definitely a fast and brutal game, lots of very short ball times (which I actually like) BUT one thing is driving me nuts. The Death Star is a hard shot to hit, but about 5 times already we've hit the shot, and the ball just drops down once it enters below the death star and its stuck. The machine can't find it and I have to take the glass off. Anyone have this problem? Is there a fix? I downloaded that app on my phone to level the pin at exactly 6.5 as I read that was the desired level correct?

Yes, without enough speed, that ball can have a hard time making up that ramp sometimes, although with the right speed, it triggers the accelerator to go around the loop, which is awesome. If there's not enough speed however, the ball will either roll back to you, or fall right behind the death star fork ramp. If it falls behind the fork ramp in the loop, just wait for the ball search, and the ramp will go down and release the ball. Additionally, you can also try lowering the playfield a degree or two and see if that helps nail the shot a little bit better. Have you been able to confirm that the hyperloop accelerator is working?

#2628 2 years ago

But yes, that Death Star shot is a tough one on the Premium/LE, no doubt!!! ...but once you get it dialed in and practice it, you'll be killin it. But even with a few months of practice now, while I can get it the majority of times, I still brick that baby on the regular, hahaha

#2629 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, without enough speed, that ball can have a hard time making up that ramp sometimes, although with the right speed, it triggers the accelerator to go around the loop, which is awesome. If there's not enough speed however, the ball will either roll back to you, or fall right behind the death star fork ramp. If it falls behind the fork ramp in the loop, just wait for the ball search, and the ramp will go down and release the ball. Additionally, you can also try lowering the playfield a degree or two and see if that helps nail the shot a little bit better. Have you been able to confirm that the hyperloop accelerator is working?

But I've hit the shot pretty solid, and it just falls down and it won't get free, no matter how long I let the pin "look" for a missing ball. And I think the game was originally at about 7 degrees and I changed it to 6.5 but its still happening. This is giving me nightmare flashbacks when I got the Avengers and the ball kept getting stuck under Hulk. This really sucks

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

If it falls behind the fork ramp in the loop, just wait for the ball search, and the ramp will go down and release the ball.

I am running version 1.0 and it hasn't done that once. And yes, I have seen the accelerator loop about 4-5 times so far (very fast and very cool!)

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But I've hit the shot pretty solid, and it just falls down and it won't get free, no matter how long I let the pin "look" for a missing ball. And I think the game was originally at about 7 degrees and I changed it to 6.5 but its still happening. This is giving me nightmare flashbacks when I got the Avengers and the ball kept getting stuck under Hulk. This really sucks

Trying to understand what you mean by "won't get free".....are the forks staying up and won't come down with the ball behind them or is the ball getting stuck somewhere else??

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Trying to understand what you mean by "won't get free".....are the forks staying up and won't come down with the ball behind them or is the ball getting stuck somewhere else??

It goes up the ramp like its going through the death star, but then drops right where the forks end, and once its sitting there, it won't drop or move. I can take a picture and show you the next time it gets stuck. Sorry if I'm not being clear

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It goes up the ramp like its going through the death star, but then drops right where the forks end, and once its sitting there, it won't drop or move. I can take a picture and show you the next time it gets stuck. Sorry if I'm not being clear

Has the fork rank ever been down at all? If not it might be stuck there from the software bug in 0.92 before the machine was delivered to you. Check if it works in general.

#2634 2 years ago

How do I check that? Something in setup?

And I just had the most amazing game. I bet the first 50 games I didn't do anything, but I just destroyed the death star during a multi ball and ended the game with 4,032,595,040! It was amazing! It helped that I was awarded 2 or 3 extra balls. This game is like IM on steroids, but with a lot more to do obviously!

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And I just had the most amazing game. I bet the first 50 games I didn't do anything, but I just destroyed the death star during a multi ball and ended the game with 4,032,595,040! It was amazing! It helped that I was awarded 2 or 3 extra balls. This game is like IM on steroids, but with a lot more to do obviously!

That's awesome! It's really such fun addictive game.

It would be helpful if you did take a picture next time you see the ball get stuck.
It almost makes it sound like the fork ramp is going up a little too high?? creating a catchment point between the platform under the Death Star and the top edge of the fork, when the fork is up. If that is the case, I'm sure there is a way to lower the max height of the fork ramp when its up, although I would need to lean on more advanced personnel in this forum to assist in helpibg to make that adjustment. I do know that earlier on in this thread, there were some saavy individuals adjusting their fork ramps, esp in earlier code when not all ramps we're dropping all the way and interfering with the loop.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

There is a fork ramp test I believe in the settings. Has your ramp ever been down? Makes me wonder if it is malfunctioning.

#2637 2 years ago

Fork test appears to be fine, they raise and lower without issue. Here is a picture. Ball gets through the Death Star entrance, then falls down where the ramp rails end (it stays behind the death star). Its done this about 10 times now.

IMG_1417 (resized).JPG

#2638 2 years ago

I played my LE today and the game totally murdered me.... It wasn't even nice about it. I think the pitch on mine is about 6.7 and I'm going to lower it to 6.5.

Rob

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I played my LE today and the game totally murdered me.... It wasn't even nice about it. I think the pitch on mine is about 6.7 and I'm going to lower it to 6.5.
Rob

Mine murdered me literally the first 30-40 games, then I had one KILLER game. But its definitely fast and brutal. So far my only issue is this ball getting stuck behind the death star, other than that I LOVE it!

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Fork test appears to be fine, they raise and lower without issue. Here is a picture. Ball gets through the Death Star entrance, then falls down where the ramp rails end (it stays behind the death star). Its done this about 10 times now.

It is really hard to tell with the glare in your photo, but the ramp appears to be halfway up, not 100% up. It only should be halfway when releasing the ball into play from a magnet hold in the hyperspace loop.

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is that the ball inside the Death Star? If it’s stuck there, you may need to adjust the hyperloop wireform. It can be moved in and out. It looks to me like it may be stuck on that.

#2642 2 years ago

A couple of things, illustrated by pics:

1) With the fork fully out, all the diagonal slots in the metal of the fork should show:

IMG_5852 (resized).JPG

2) The hyperloop wireform position has needed some minor tweaking on many Premiums/LE. To the bottom left under the Death Star you will see a lock nut that can be loosened to raise/lower the wireform. Too low and the ramp shot hits it, too high and it may hit the top of the magnet assembly. Here is where mine is at:

IMG_5854 (resized).JPG

#2643 2 years ago

AUKraut that is very helpful. Looking at that nut, mine looks like its higher up than yours in that picture. Any way to measure the distance from the bottom yours is? Like maybe using a standard #2 pencil would it be the size of the eraser or larger/smaller?

#2644 2 years ago

I also noticed the wire ramp is almost hugging the left side of the death star opening, should it be more centered in the hole?

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

AUKraut that is very helpful. Looking at that nut, mine looks like its higher up than yours in that picture. Any way to measure the distance from the bottom yours is? Like maybe using a standard #2 pencil would it be the size of the eraser or larger/smaller?

Looks like there is one locknut width from the bottom of the U-shaped wire. You may have to experiment a little to get it just right.

Quoted from cscmtp:

I also noticed the wire ramp is almost hugging the left side of the death star opening, should it be more centered in the hole?

Mine and others I have seen all seem to be toward the left side as well, as I also have wondered that in the past.

#2646 2 years ago

I think that did it, at least, I hit the shot with the glass off about 4 or 5 times and it took fine every time. Thank you SO MUCH for the help. I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to photograph and share! Merry Christmas!!

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think that did it, at least, I hit the shot with the glass off about 4 or 5 times and it took fine every time. Thank you SO MUCH for the help. I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to photograph and share! Merry Christmas!!

Cool!!!! Glad it worked.....and Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So happy things are working order! The relationship of the fork ramp to the Death Star platform and accelerator wireform has been tricky for some and in a few cases has had to be tweaked to make it just right. I too really appreciate AUKraut for that great analysis and advice to help bring a Merry Christmas. Now let's destroy some Death Stars!
Happy holidays everyone!!

#2649 2 years ago

For anyone on the fence, I can't speak highly enough about this pin. I think what I love most is how creative, and truly different it is. There are so many ways to play it, and its obviously very deep. If you like faster, harder, challenging pins, this has to be very high up on a list of Stern pins to date. If you like easier longer ball time pins I could see someone not being as big on this one, but it really does have that "just one more game" impulse when playing. The shots can be difficult but are very satisfying. I guess its the same reason I love my GB Prem while others hate it. Its not often I'd recommend buying a pin site unseen but I knew my 8 and 10 year olds would love it so I took the risk. In this case it worked out. (it sure didn't when I did the same thing buying the Avengers LE pin lol)

#2650 2 years ago

So my youngest son is home from Med school. Last night he was putting time on the SW Premium. I look over there, and he was quasi-kneeling in front of the machine with his chin on the lock-down bar button. He was using his chin to activate the boost in Video mode. He said there was no other logical way to do it. It looked stupid, buy by-golly it worked. Oh - he didn't do it for Tie-Fighters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 4,199.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 8412 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 169.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside