SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 302.
#2351 6 years ago

I love this video posted on Stern's Facebook page. I got the opportunity to meet both Steve and Dwight at Expo. Their passion was one factor that swayed my decision to purchase SW Premium.

The Making of Star Wars Pinball
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156031620364244/

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.
Also added a lockbar plate I picked up from kapsreiter here and it looks great. Thanks again dude!

Which X-wings did you specifically use? I really like the positioning of them. Those are the best looking in terms of scale/size that looks nice and positioning that I have seen so far. I don't care for the positioning of the extra tie fighter right next to the death star as much, but looks good overall.

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Which X-wings did you specifically use? I really like the positioning of them. Those are the best looking in terms of scale/size that looks nice and positioning that I have seen so far.

Thanks. I used these X-Wings and Tie Fighters...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Wheels-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-TIE-Fighter-Blue-vs-X-Wing-Red-2-Wings-Open-2-Pack/54466292

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Wheels-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Resistance-X-Wing-Fighter-Starship/848198588

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thank you very much for posting that video! Looks awsome!! My Pinstadium lights delivered yesterday, and I will be putting them in this weekend. Mine also includes the Flasher and GI options. Your installation video answered some questions i had, so thanks again!

Glad to hear the video helped! I also had lots of questions before I got started with the install, but Scott from Pin Stadium was a huge help, and they're quite simple to install now looking back at the process. I'd be interested to hear if anybody has tied in the Pin Stadium flashers to a different flasher than I have in my game (Red Flasher behind the Tattooine scoop). I might experiment with moving mine around to see if I can get some different effects.

#2356 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.
Also added a lockbar plate I picked up from kapsreiter here and it looks great. Thanks again dude!

That’s looks so awesome. It really does look like they are in action on the machine relative to the backboard graphics. Excellent!!

#2357 6 years ago

The difference is night and day! Love the new lights. Scott from Pinstadium is amazing. I was having trouble and he gave me a call and walked me through the install. That is amazing customer service.

ED139AF7-9389-4B4A-B9F6-A02976B0A648 (resized).jpegED139AF7-9389-4B4A-B9F6-A02976B0A648 (resized).jpeg
062555FF-ADB4-4A9A-9438-FD08F243EA1E (resized).jpeg062555FF-ADB4-4A9A-9438-FD08F243EA1E (resized).jpeg

#2358 6 years ago

Got the SW blues... Received a message last night that our on-location SW LE said "Node Not Found" on boot. Going to check it out today; hoping it's just a broken-off diode, as per the recent service bulletin from Stern. Fingers crossed...

#2359 6 years ago

Pro mod idea: Remove the lower door on the death star (similar to Prem/LE), and move the whole death star down to directly on top of the Death Star shot gate. This way it actually feels like you are hitting the death star on the Pro, instead of it just floating above/behind the shot. Will be a little tight next to the TIE fighter, but maybe not any tighter than the TIE / mini-LCD spacing. I think Stern would have designed it this way if they had only made a Pro model. The death star is located where it is because of the Prem/LE hyperdrive feature, and the location doesn't make much sense on the Pro. Crude photoshop attached!

star_wars_playfield_death_star_moved (resized).jpgstar_wars_playfield_death_star_moved (resized).jpg

#2361 6 years ago

Any word on Stern Accessories yet?

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word on Stern Accessories yet?

This month’s “Stern of the Union Address” says they’re working on accessories but nothing until after the holidays.

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Pro mod idea: Remove the lower door on the death star (similar to Prem/LE), and move the whole death star down to directly on top of the Death Star shot gate. This way it actually feels like you are hitting the death star on the Pro, instead of it just floating above/behind the shot. Will be a little tight next to the TIE fighter, but maybe not any tighter than the TIE / mini-LCD spacing. I think Stern would have designed it this way if they had only made a Pro model. The death star is located where it is because of the Prem/LE hyperdrive feature, and the location doesn't make much sense on the Pro. Crude photoshop attached!

Not a bad idea but I think the DS would look to low to the pf. It needs to sit higher (where it is)

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Going to check it out today; hoping it's just a broken-off diode, as per the recent service bulletin from Stern. Fingers crossed...

Yep, a leg on one of the rectifier nodes on Node 8 had broken right off. It has been fixed with a nice little soldered leg brace, and a liberal dose of hot-snot has been applied to stabilize it.

Seriously, who decided to mount TO-220 components standing tall, with an insane amount of free leg space down to the PCB, in a high-vibration area, with the PCB mounted with rigid stand-offs to the playfield? Those diodes pretty much behave as tuning forks with that setup...

#2365 6 years ago

we have now some pieces ins tock from our group order

stainless steel

you can mount it with some double sided tape

price euro 25,- +16,- shipping total 41 euro shipped to USA

fullsizeoutput_29b9 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_29b9 (resized).jpeg

#2366 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Great idea now take it to the next level and do it

#2367 6 years ago

I messaged Hooked and he said he will be announcing a Star Destroyer and Light up side rails mod for LE owners soon. I am waiting to see how they look on people's machines before I pre-order. It should hopefully make the game pop like Star Trek does, looking forward to seeing it in person.

#2368 6 years ago

The more I play this game the more impressed I get with it. I've had my Pro for quite a few months now and I still absolutely love walking up to it and playing it. I'm finding most of my games are brutally short, but every now and then I get an epic game where everything seems to be flowing and it feels like I can't drain. It's fantastic - - to have that variation really draws me back in for that "just one more game" feeling. It's the code that's really doing that for me, and here's why:

1. The audio clips they use from the movie are awesome - Han making a remake when you make a shot, Leia making fun of you when you miss, etc. the audio really does a good job of pulling me in. The video clips are almost impossible to see when playing because I'm afraid to look up, but when I watch other's play they seem to be well integrated short bursts of clips that have definitely been carefully selected from the movies based on the mode. The original John Williams score and the custom sound effects and background music have been combined very well for a complete cohesive package.

2. The "mini" wizard modes. One of the things I love most about LOTR is that there are so many little mini wizard modes to go for and gauge your progression; you don't necessarily get them every time, but when you do, it feels very rewarding and they're well programmed (DTR, TABA, etc). Star Wars is probably one of STERN's best examples of this with recent pins. Escape Boba Fett is by no means an every game experience for me, and when I do get it, the whole experience gets my heart pumping - - the audio, the choreographed shots, the strobbing light, it's intense. Light Saber Duel - - the lighting on this is awesome and it shows how much Dwight knows the shows - the blue and red effects are great. Knowing you HAVE to complete those two mini wizard modes to move on makes it that much more exciting (and often frustrating!!). Then there's the main wizard mode of Defeat the Emperor which has also been very thoughtfully coded and offers a unique gameplay experience.

3. Depth of code. Similar to LOTR with the mini wizard modes that make you feel like you actually got somewhere on a good game, there's the ellusive Valinor, Star Wars offers a similar feeling with progress after Defeating the Emperor. I've almost made it through 2 characters - - getting through all four I sincerely hope there is some Valinor-esque style super wizard mode. Either way, the game offers a very challenging goal of trying to achieve that.

4. Hyperspace MB. Lock a ball, smack the ball to release it and add a ball. This never gets old. And if you have a premium, adding balls to the hyperloop is especially entertaining. The physical mechs alone make this really fun (if you can make that dang death star shot!) and again, the music and lighting just pulls you right into the experience.

For anyone on the fence about Star Wars, don't let all the flashing inserts and mysterious action button and shot multipliers scare you away. The game is phenomenal, pulls you in, and all of that stuff that looks overwhelming and difficult to understand is actually quite simple and straightforward once you understand how the colors work and how the button works. Bang for the buck wise, Star Wars may not have a bunch of lame gimmicky toys, but at the Pro pricing you get a heck of a lot for you money. This pin is quickly surpassing my IMVE as the most played game in my collection by everyone who comes over to play - I guess a lot of people just like fast, brutal games!

#2369 6 years ago

t-800

LE Owner here. I completely agree I played it again today and said to myself this is definitely been under-rated by many here on pinside, maybe thats a good thing! The more I play it, the more i understand it the better it gets. It immerses me completely into the game. As well with some very tough shots its making me a better player, on every other machine I own as well.

#2370 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

t-800
LE Owner here. I completely agree I played it again today and said to myself this is definitely been under-rated by many here on pinside, maybe thats a good thing! The more I play it, the more i understand it the better it gets. It immerses me completely into the game. As well with some very tough shots its making me a better player, on every other machine I own as well.

I’m with you both too. There’s tons to do and it’s very challenging which deserves a solid place in a home collection. I could not imagine never playing this before and then going out to play it on route somewhere and not spending tons of money on it. For the 1st reason it’s hard hitting and it really makes you tune your skills, and for the 2nd there is so much to do/learn that you could never get enough progress.

I also thoroughly agree that this game makes you a better player for other pinballs due to its challenging shots. It really goes to show that we should never judge until we play and never listen to anyone but yourself because this game should get nothing but 5 stars all day long.

Plus it’s so fun to watch someone else play because you get to see all kinds of great footage that you never realized was there because it’s so intense when playing it’s hard to raise your eyeballs off of the playfield.

#2371 6 years ago

I just bought and set up my Premium 2 days ago. I absolutely love the game, except it makes my great Bally/Williams games look and feel dated. The biggest problem with the game? I suck. I haven't blown up the Death Star, I'll hit the Hyperloop occasionally but never Hyperspace Multi or add a ball. I know I need to give it time and learn the rules -- a difficult challenge made worse by having to fight my kids for table time (I don't have that issue with any of my other games).

This has probably been discussed, but here it is again ---- any hints for hitting the darned Death Star shot? Not sure whether to backhand it or hit with right flipper or really where my best launch point is. It embarrasses me because my six year old hits the shot on accident as often as I do. Tough times for a middling pinball player.

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Plus it’s so fun to watch someone else play because you get to see all kinds of great footage that you never realized was there because it’s so intense when playing it’s hard to raise your eyeballs off of the playfield.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the BB LCD contains some vital game play information that's really tough to see when you are focused on the PF. Wish some of this information (timer, shot) were available on the PF LCD. From my perspective, the PF LCD is under-utilized...almost dedicated to displaying Tie Fighter images, count, and next hurry up count. I'm hoping that once I get more familiar with the modes, the shots/timers become second nature and screen hints aren't as necessary.

In any event, it's a stunning game and the complaints about "lack of toys" is superficial. My 2004 built LOTR has lots of little figurines, however the Balrog bash toy isn't nearly as compelling as the hyperdrive on the Premium/LE. I also think the art criticism's were overblown...

I think once the team puts the finishing touches on the images, callouts, etc., it will be one of the best theme integrations of all time.

It is brutal, and will be a hard game to warm up to on location. The sounds are critical to mastering the game.

snaroff

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Agreed. Unfortunately, the BB LCD contains some vital game play information that's really tough to see when you are focused on the PF. Wish some of this information (timer, shot) were available on the PF LCD. From my perspective, the PF LCD is under-utilized...almost dedicated to displaying Tie Fighter images, count, and next hurry up count. I'm hoping that once I get more familiar with the modes, the shots/timers become second nature and screen hints aren't as necessary.
In any event, it's a stunning game and the complaints about "lack of toys" is superficial. My 2004 built LOTR has lots of little figurines, however the Balrog bash toy isn't nearly as compelling as the hyperdrive on the Premium/LE. I also think the art criticism's were overblown...
I think once the team puts the finishing touches on the images, callouts, etc., it will be one of the best theme integrations of all time.
It is brutal, and will be a hard game to warm up to on location. The sounds are critical to mastering the game.
snaroff

Agree 100%! The game is brutally fast and super fun! It makes acdc and iron man seem slow.

What baffles me is the folks who bash this game for having a bare playfield, but then laude afm and iron man.

The hyperdrive is kick ass and I am ok having to earn it with a tough shot. Too many games have too many “gimme’s” to appease location players. You have to earn everything on this game, including multiball. It is a total adrenaline rush and one of the most challenging games to come out in quite a while.

#2374 6 years ago

Great to hear all of your positive comments. I really liked it (pro) when I played it at N.Y,N.Y in Vegas and some at the expo.

I hopping to get one early 2018. My wife has been rolling her eyes at the idea of getting another pin, and don't want to sell what I have.

Cheers

#2375 6 years ago

I gave my SW Premium a 9.86 for my Pinside rating. Maybe the shaker motor will put it over the top.

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I suck. I haven't blown up the Death Star

I've had mine over two months, and still have not blown up that puppy...

#2377 6 years ago

Planning to pickup an HUO LE this weekend. I'll admit I knocked Star Wars early on and still believe it should have came with more toys across all models.

However, the excellent use of licensed assets (original actor audio, video clips with actors and licensed music) along with the rule set design + code development has sold me on the game. I prefer deep objective based pins based on movies and Star Wars fits that mold. Looking forward to getting the game.

For Lightsaber Battle is it only Obi Wan vs Vader or is there also Luke vs Vader stages / variants?

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

I played it again today and said to myself this is definitely been under-rated by many here on pinside

Thats because many pinsiders would have preferred a loaded PF with all kinds of SW crap and boring stop and go rules to the fantastic thrill ride that is this machine, I think like TWD it just a matter of time before this pin is declared a masterpiece, I certainly think it is.

#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For Lightsaber Battle is it only Obi Wan vs Vader or is there also Luke vs Vader stages / variants?

Lightsaber Battle is Obi Wan only (it’s the fight scene from the original SW). The Hoth level Duel on Cloud City and Endor level Throne Room Duel represent the Luke/Vader fights from the other movies.

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Lightsaber Battle is Obi Wan only (it’s the fight scene from the original SW). The Hoth level Duel on Cloud City and Endor level Throne Room Duel represent the Luke/Vader fights from the other movies.

Thanks! That's great to hear those battles are in the game elsewhere. I like that mode stacking can be turned off too. I prefer to go through just one mode at a time and enjoy each mode on its own.

#2381 6 years ago

It’s very close to being complete code in nearly every sense of the word. Just an outstanding pin on so many levels. Just amazing.

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s very close to being complete code in nearly every sense of the word. Just an outstanding pin on so many levels. Just amazing.

Agree to me all it’s missing is more pinball/gameplay specific call outs and add some info to the small LCD and it’s perfect . Also a few bugs

#2383 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Agree to me all it’s missing is more pinball/gameplay specific call outs and add some info to the small LCD and it’s perfect . Also a few bugs

I would like a dedicated mode for Jabba like Boba Fett or a few more dedicated character modes but its amazing as is.

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Quoted from Hazoff:

I would like a dedicated mode for Jabba like Boba Fett or a few more dedicated character modes but its amazing as is.

No way that's going to happen at this point, though "choke Jabba out by hitting the lit shots" would be kind of awesome. I'm hoping they'll add a new Hoth mode of some kind (leaving the asteroids video game for video mode only), but that's probably unrealistic too. More callouts would be welcome as well, even if a few idiots on Pinside are still convinced that the narrator is doing a horrible Admiral Ackbar impression.

Regardless, looking forward to the 1.0 update, should be dropping any day/week now.

#2385 6 years ago

Does 1.0 sound like that will be it for a while or will Stern do another update or two before moving on to wrap up Ghostbusters?

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does 1.0 sound like that will be it for a while or will Stern do another update or two before moving on to wrap up Ghostbusters?

I don't think I've read anything specific about that from Stern. My gut feeling is we get SW 1.0 (and hopefully a quick 1.01 to mop up any bugs introduced in 1.0) but that'll be pretty much it. They've been at the "tweaks around the edges" stage for the last few updates, the game's been feature complete for a while now and is in very solid shape (note the lack of complaints about code completeness/bugs in the SW threads from people vs. GB threads). So I'm not expecting significant changes from here on out.

#2387 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like that mode stacking can be turned off too. I prefer to go through just one mode at a time and enjoy each mode on its own.

Yeah, that's what I said at first. I think your approach is correct as you're just getting settled into the game. Play the modes separately, and get to know them.

Once you do get to know them, I guarantee you'll be stacking modes to help quicken your progression.

Stern never should've shown mode stacking on their original Dead Flip stream. I think it really threw a lot of people off. It's more of a next-level strategy and play-style that I think shines best only after the basic concepts of the singular modes are better understood.

Anyways, countdown to 1.0 code is on! Props to Stern, on this epic game. Loving it.

#2388 6 years ago

I'm pretty pumped to see what 1.0 brings too. Really liking this game more and more as well. So suck it galaxy owners!! This is the true space pin of 2017!

Your game will have incomplete code, big groot hands blocking the playfield, no sound, dimpled playfields, cracking cabinets, chipped playfields, failing node boards and worst off all - no hyperspace loop!! Did I miss anything?

Happy flippin' holidays everyone!

Edit: A picture of a mod to my SW:Prem. It's a sci-fi cross over that I think really adds to the game. Patrick Stewart bull riding the tie fighter. This is going to be a hot seller in the new year.

IMG_5283 (resized).JPGIMG_5283 (resized).JPG

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

A picture of a mod to my SW:Prem. It's a sci-fi cross over that I think really adds to the game. Patrick Stewart bull riding the tie fighter. This is going to be a hot seller in the new year.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

#2390 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've only had the game a couple days, but what seems to be lacking from the movie which would make for great discrete dedicated modes (maybe alternatives to R2 awards in the mystery hole) would be:

HOTH: Get light saber with force / defeat the Wampa monster on Hoth / Han saves you in dead Tauntaun / get found by speeders

TATTOINE: Battle at the Sarlaac pit. Tons of stuff there, enough said.

And yes, Jabba representation. It would really be fun to have a set of "minor" hero character modes for those without specific representation (e.g. Chewie, C3PO, Lando, Yoda) and villain character modes would be cool also (Vader, Boba, Jabba, etc.).

That said, agree I love what's in there. I just think that these parts of the license, which they already have paid for, would make the game even deeper and that much more awesome. Maybe Stern will come out with a "premium", pay more code license with these things. (Oooops, shouldn't have suggested that).

#2391 6 years ago

ive been looking around on here, cant find. is there an issue thread or problems thread? thanks

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

ive been looking around on here, cant find. is there an issue thread or problems thread? thanks

Problems or issues with what game?

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Problems or issues with what game?

i guess all. but i have an LE

#2394 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions

#2395 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Edit: A picture of a mod to my SW:Prem. It's a sci-fi cross over that I think really adds to the game. Patrick Stewart bull riding the tie fighter. This is going to be a hot seller in the new year.

438794C2-D33A-4920-A994-606BAEE3940F (resized).png438794C2-D33A-4920-A994-606BAEE3940F (resized).png

#2396 6 years ago

Any tips or tricks to get a Pro dialed in? Settings, etc..

#2397 6 years ago

Important question. Is the fish guy from Return of the Jedi Nien Numb in the game and is there video / audio of him laughing? He's on the front cabinet of the LE. If not he needs to be and a clip of him laughing should play when you either drain or just press a button during attract mode.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#2398 6 years ago

Joined the club last night! What a fast game right out the box. First time I had the whole family in the game room playing. Unboxed it and set it up by 8 and went to bed at 1. Had to get it for a project at work so I have it till mid January and will get it back after week on the road. (Hope they take care of it).

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Joined the club last night! What a fast game right out the box. First time I had the whole family in the game room playing. Unboxed it and set it up by 8 and went to bed at 1. Had to get it for a project at work so I have it till mid January and will get it back after week on the road. (Hope they take care of it).

Congratulations on your wise purchase. It’s a great Pin!!

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Thanks for your trust and doing business with me.

Buddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/48?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.