IMG_9659 (resized).JPG
IMG_9657 (resized).JPG
IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 299.
#2301 6 years ago

I’m such a newb. Is there a good explanation of how to ramp up the multiplier as noted here? It’s not intuitive to me. I don’t even understand when I launch the ball am i trying to hit the arrow that is lit on the led at that moment?

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I’m such a newb. Is there a good explanation of how to ramp up the multiplier as noted here? It’s not intuitive to me. I don’t even understand when I launch the ball am i trying to hit the arrow that is lit on the led at that moment?

Quoted from TheLaw:

... the more basic & important idea is that the target bank in the middle increases the multipliers every time you hit it. The multiplier number stays lit for a period of time and then you'll hear some beeping (you've already heard it all the time) and the green arrows will blink...that means they are running out and you need to hit the bank again to increase/keep them lit. If you don;t it goes back to 2X and you have to start building it again.

Does that help at all? don;t worry aboot the ball launch now. Every time you hit the 3 bank it increases the multiplier

#2303 6 years ago

I love this game, it's the only game I play for weeks now. But I still think on my premium the death star shot is harder to do than it should be. I know it should be a challenging shot. But I have the feeling that it's to hard. I can back hand it sometimes from he left but not under time pressure and it got rejected more often than not. With the right flipper it's a one out of five or six tries to hit it when I play. Guests have almost no chance to hit it if it's not a lucky hit. I have leveled my game and it's set to a 6.8- 6.9 pitch. What is your pitch on this game? Or is there an adjustment tip to make this shot just a little bit easier?

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I love this game, it's the only game I play for weeks now. But I still think on my premium the death star shot is harder to do than it should be. I know it should be a challenging shot. But I have the feeling that it's to hard. I can back hand it sometimes from he left but not under time pressure and it got rejected more often than not. With the right flipper it's a one out of five or six tries to hit it when I play. Guests have almost no chance to hit it if it's not a lucky hit. I have leveled my game and it's set to a 6.8- 6.9 pitch. What is your pitch on this game? Or is there an adjustment tip to make this shot just a little bit easier?

I think the pitch on my game is about 6.7 - 6.8 and I would not want it any steeper.

The death star shot is still far easier than the right ramp on GB pro At least it can be made by a backhand as well. Maybe try lowing the pitch on your game a little.

Rob

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe try lowing the pitch on your game a little.

Actually i would advise to not go below 6.5. The reson for this being the side-to-side outlane drains from the sligshots. At lower inclination it's almost unavoidable. After adjusting to 6.5 that problem has become far less of a "problem".

#2306 6 years ago

Joining the club today! Super-excited lifetime Star Wars fan here!! Can’t wait to get this set up.

4ADDE6AF-4A61-4A32-8542-24416B0A8CD9 (resized).jpeg4ADDE6AF-4A61-4A32-8542-24416B0A8CD9 (resized).jpeg

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got the Mirror Blades installed as well after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama.......this pin looks as good as it plays!!!!

I really like where you decided to out the x wing

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'd be happy if they only fixed one thing: having to play Video Mode and Hoth 1 (i.e. video moda AGAIN) back to back while playing as Han........

Yes, I completly agree with that. It does seem as there are 2 different asteroid setups between the two modes, but it sure would be nice to see something completely different. Additionally, I would like to see an option that allows one to shorten it even more than 15 seconds, if one desires that.

#2309 6 years ago

I wish there was a way to “pass” or skip lightsaber duel, especially if you have already done it.

#2310 6 years ago

Just joined the club with a Premium! Driver just dropped it off. Giant hole in the box. Panic. Inspected, looks okay. Now just have to get it into the house sometime this weekend and

#2311 6 years ago

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one. I have played a few games of both the Pro and the Premium, but I'm interested in hearing from folks that own it and have played it dozens or hundreds of times.

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one

the premium is one of the best recent premiums IMO. the pro is fun...but doesn't have the same adrenaline rush. Haters are still going to hate, but in a year or two people will realize this is the real deal. nothing is more exciting than putting balls in the hyper drive loop and feeling the machine shake as you add more.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one. I have played a few games of both the Pro and the Premium, but I'm interested in hearing from folks that own it and have played it dozens or hundreds of times.

It doesn’t get old. A wonderful game; very fun and deep strategy if you want it.

#2314 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm still loving my Premium after hundreds of plays. It's very challenging but at least for me in a "one more game" kind of way, and there are a nice number of different goals to pursue beyond just GC scores for the four characters. Many people were disappointed by the layout, artwork and "theme integration" but I think it all works pretty well together, and I actually really like the sound and light show (I don't tend to watch the LED much while I'm playing, way too much going on for that). And the shot multiplier (and TIE Fighter wack-a-mole) with the center button are great IMO, I love the risk/reward of shooting the mini-LED targets and taking your hand off a flipper to manipulate. You'll feel like a chump when you blow it and let the ball drain while shooting TIE Fighters, and like an ace when you switch your 20x multiplier correctly and then nail your shot.

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the premium is one of the best recent premiums IMO. the pro is fun...but doesn't have the same adrenaline rush. Haters are still going to hate, but in a year or two people will realize this is the real deal. nothing is more exciting than putting balls in the hyper drive loop and feeling the machine shake as you add more.

+1 on the stamina of the premium. Also my favorite art package of the three.

#2316 6 years ago

Still a fun game.

#2317 6 years ago

I am a Stern pro buyer, and thought Star wars would be no different. But then i played the premium, and did not enjoy the pro once i went back to it. This will be my first premium purchase, once i can find someone that wants my TWD.

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

+1 on the stamina of the premium. Also my favorite art package of the three.

+1 to your +1. We still play our premium more than any of the others and I am still drawn to the Pro's on location and have to play them. I feel like the code is really far along when compared to the other Stern titles. It is still frustrating that I am not better at the Death Star shot on the premium, I will go through games just spending my time on that shot. It makes me REALLY good at hitting it on the pro. When you can start and hit the hyperspace shot as a combo, it is SOOO fun.

I still have so much of the game I haven't played which gives it staying power at home.

#2319 6 years ago

I love my SW Pro! Won't be leaving, ever.

ps. My IMVE used to be the king of the ring for game most played by myself, my family and guests. Now it's my SW pro.

#2320 6 years ago

I play my pro more than every game in my collection, including my AFM and AC/DC premium I picked up months after I got my SW. It really clicks with me and just begs to be played. Some people can’t stand it, I’d recommend playing it a bunch before you commit to purchase!

#2321 6 years ago

Pro owner here, and I love this game. I love how you can approach it differently every time via the different characters. And the manual shot multiplier... I absolutely love it. Definitely puts your decision-making abilities to the test. You need to think fast if you really want to maximize its power.

Call-outs, light show, and LCD integration are amazing as well. Combined, they do a good job of immersion into the Star Wars universe. People who are complaining about GOTG's integration, need only look to SW to see something implemeneted well.

I've only had this pin for a couple months now, but I honestly don't see this thing going anywhere. It's damn good.... and we're not even at 1.0 code yet.

#2322 6 years ago

I got my Pro at the end of July and I could not be happier. It's a fantastic game. When it comes to the multiplier I place it at the start of the ball on the horseshoe and left ramp and forget about it. I recently changed my strategy slightly, and noticed a big difference in scoring. This is my best so far...

IMG_20171117_2127380 (resized).jpgIMG_20171117_2127380 (resized).jpg

#2323 6 years ago

I believe state of the union mentioned fixing score balance on SW... this is vital because as long as death Star multi-ball is worth 10x more than anything else in the game, posting scores should be taken with grain of salt (unfortunately).

Especially since blowing up the death Star is not required to blow up your score to the billions during DS MB

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I believe state of the union mentioned fixing score balance on SW... this is vital because as long as death Star multi-ball is worth 10x more than anything else in the game, posting scores should be taken with grain of salt (unfortunately).
Especially since blowing up the death Star is not required to blow up your score to the billions during DS MB

Yes Stern has said this will be addressed.

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I've found you can blow up the score on any of the planet MBs. In fact I think my highest planet MB is Hoth and somewhere around 4 billion... How much of it is really the mode versus having the 40X shot multiplier on the right shots? Take Boba Fett for instance - it's a 20 million something mode if you're lucky but close to 700 million if you have 40X going - 35 times difference. Which, in my opinion, is one of the funnest and most differentiating thing about Star Wars. which, on a tanget, is so frustrating when I hear people that don't like Star Wars but dont "get" the shot multiplier - - it's part of the essence of this pin. you can play it and enjoy it not knowing what the hell it does, but once you understand it and try to integrate it, it takes it to the next level.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Either Star Wars Prem /LE or Star Wars Pro are great . I have now played both multiple times.
I think the SW Pro is a better game . It just shoots better and is smoother. Easier Death Star shot .
Same as Game of Thrones Pro . It is best from a game play perspective .
That hold true for Star Wars Pro as well.
This just a point of view and other have good counterpoint .

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Either Star Wars Prem /LE or Star Wars Pro are great . I have now played both multiple times.
I think the SW Pro is a better game . It just shoots better and is smoother. Easier Death Star shot .
Same as Game of Thrones Pro . It is best from a game play perspective .
That hold true for Star Wars Pro as well.
This just a point of view and other have good counterpoint .

I own a Premium and prefer it, but also really like the Pro, and I can understand where people that like the Pro better are coming from. And of course doesn’t hurt that it’s ~$2k cheaper.

#2328 6 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys; it was good to hear some thoughts from actual owners of the game.

#2329 6 years ago

I’m sure you’ll love any version you get.

I wanted the hyperspace shot and the art on the premium. But what really swayed my decision was the ramps. I think the metal wire forms are much nicer than the plastic ones.

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I came in here to post this exact question so thanks for saving me some time! I played a premium and pro a bunch last night on location and I am leaning toward the pro I think. Has anyone called around to the distributors and found who is offering the best price? I was planning to call around today but if someone could PM me some info, that would be awesome. Thanks!

#2331 6 years ago

Those thinking about buying - I'd wager you will enjoy playing whichever version you choose. Pro or Premium . I have the pro and am very happy with it.

#2332 6 years ago

As someone who has owned both you really can’t go wrong. Either version is really an excellent choice.

#2333 6 years ago

Pro model has been purchased. Delivery next week! Thank you everyone for the assistance!

#2334 6 years ago

Done with my mods...for now. I know, some hate mods, but I try to keep it as an enhancement, not gaudy. I used several x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer, and a black plasma bumper (zoom in).

38AEBACF-D7AF-4FC4-A48E-67FD24468ACA (resized).jpeg38AEBACF-D7AF-4FC4-A48E-67FD24468ACA (resized).jpeg

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does that help at all? don;t worry aboot the ball launch now. Every time you hit the 3 bank it increases the multiplier

Thank you.

#2336 6 years ago

Yeah right on, hell I'm still learning it myself

As we've said before the beauty of the game is the risk vs. reward. Just shoot the lit ramp shot it's easy....Orrrrr do i wan't to jack up this multiplier so it's worth more?
I got 40X going and the all is heading down the right ramp return better hit the botton and move the bonus X before the ball comes down....fuckign drain!!!

#2337 6 years ago

Bought a Pro some weeks ago, since it was a good deal... I didn't actually like the multiplier concept, but at the end of the day exactly this feature rocks. Having a 1.5 bn Hyperspace Hurry Up (20x, could have 3bn with 40x ) is really fun.

Did a recording yesterday... two camera setup, unfortunately I am not able to cature the screen in better quality.

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Bought a Pro some weeks ago, since it was a good deal... I didn't actually like the multiplier concept, but at the end of the day exactly this feature rocks. Having a 1.5 bn Hyperspace Hurry Up (20x, could have 3bn with 40x ) is really fun.
Did a recording yesterday... two camera setup, unfortunately I am not able to cature the screen in better quality.
» YouTube video

Nice game man. Well done!!

#2339 6 years ago

I installed Pin Stadium Lights in my Star Wars Pro a couple weeks back, filmed a bit on the installation and going through the settings on the app. I am pretty happy with them overall. They kick major ass during Boba Fett mode, and the UV Glow option for the flashers was definitely the way to go for this game.

#2340 6 years ago

Why is Frontgate selling a "Platinum edition" Star Wars pinball machine for 17,000 ! Whats so special about it?
MM

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Why is Frontgate selling a "Platinum edition" Star Wars pinball machine for 17,000 ! Whats so special about it?
MM

Why?? Because there is a sucker born every minute.....

Special??? Nothing but the price....

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Why?? Because there is a sucker born every minute.....
Special??? Nothing but the price....

Yep. Here's an AFM for 16k (https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/attack-from-mars-high-end-restoration/).

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I installed Pin Stadium Lights in my Star Wars Pro a couple weeks back, filmed a bit on the installation and going through the settings on the app. I am pretty happy with them overall. They kick major ass during Boba Fett mode, and the UV Glow option for the flashers was definitely the way to go for this game.
» YouTube video

Thank you very much for posting that video! Looks awsome!! My Pinstadium lights delivered yesterday, and I will be putting them in this weekend. Mine also includes the Flasher and GI options. Your installation video answered some questions i had, so thanks again!

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Done with my mods...for now. I know, some hate mods, but I try to keep it as an enhancement, not gaudy. I used several x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer, and a black plasma bumper (zoom in).

Looks really great!
May I ask, where did you get the mods from? Thanks.

#2345 6 years ago

Had to remount all my TIE fighters and X-Wings with some .072 wire, the other wire was too thin and cause them to shake while playing......much better now....

4906AB9C-7B57-43B0-8F01-4C22B8421818 (resized).jpeg4906AB9C-7B57-43B0-8F01-4C22B8421818 (resized).jpeg

C07D3257-959B-493D-A27E-A5C0F9CE385D (resized).jpegC07D3257-959B-493D-A27E-A5C0F9CE385D (resized).jpeg

0EA809A3-7C9B-43FA-AFA0-821C90DBBAD8 (resized).jpeg0EA809A3-7C9B-43FA-AFA0-821C90DBBAD8 (resized).jpeg

D41850AB-0211-491C-8417-42C6B89E916A (resized).jpegD41850AB-0211-491C-8417-42C6B89E916A (resized).jpeg

4161EAC8-4D3F-4135-A8B2-26795A6BDF4C (resized).jpeg4161EAC8-4D3F-4135-A8B2-26795A6BDF4C (resized).jpeg

#2346 6 years ago

Any news about the R2D2 topper?

#2347 6 years ago

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.

Also added a lockbar plate I picked up from kapsreiter here and it looks great. Thanks again dude!

1204172013 (resized).jpg1204172013 (resized).jpg

1204172014c (resized).jpg1204172014c (resized).jpg

1204172014c (resized).jpg1204172014c (resized).jpg

1204172014e (resized).jpg1204172014e (resized).jpg

1204172017a (resized).jpg1204172017a (resized).jpg

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.

I like the X-Wings where they are they look sharp. I would only do two X-Wings and eliminate the rest, sometimes less is more, it gets to be too busy imo.

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks really great!
May I ask, where did you get the mods from? Thanks.

I got the xwing miniatures games pieces (the tie fighters, x-wings, and slave 1) off amazon. The plasma bumper and lighted star destroyer came from lightedpinballmods.com. I can’t remember where I got the frame for the mini LED display, if you search pinside a couple versions will come up.

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had to remount all my TIE fighters and X-Wings with some .072 wire, the other wire was too thin and cause them to shake while playing......much better now....

I was asked via PM about what I used to mount the Mattel Hot Wheels ships, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

The Hot Wheels ships have a plastic hole for a mounting stand, which a #8-32 3/16" length machine screw will fit, just have to be careful about overtightening. I used the .072 music wire, cut and bent to length, and then used blue 16-14 AWG spade terminals that I soldered to the ends of the music wire with a 100W soldering gun. I remove the blue nylon around the spade terminal so it looks better. Screwed the ship to the appropriate terminal end, and then attached the other end terminal strip to an appropriate playfield screw.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.