• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8381 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 168.
#2251 2 years ago

Any Pro owners out there? What protectors do you guys recommend to keep this thing from getting too beat up?

#2252 2 years ago

Put Pinbits plastic protectors and Nudies shooter lane protector on my Premium...

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

What protectors do you guys recommend to keep this thing from getting too beat up?

Just some wax for me.

#2254 2 years ago

The two most satisfying shots in pinball. Right trap straight off the plunge, back hand to start hyperspace hurry-up then right flipper to left ramp to start hyperspace.

#2255 2 years ago

Just had my best game ever... first time getting to the Emperor, was on my last ball... totally killed him, sweaty palms and all! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of playing this one

8E1E0927-9BA6-4784-8945-AC31457EEF57 (resized).jpeg

68960B84-3C61-4EFF-B48B-0BEE6ECA182D (resized).jpeg

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just had my best game ever... first time getting to the Emperor, was on my last ball... totally killed him, sweaty palms and all! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of playing this one

Oh my goodness what a score!

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Oh my goodness what a score!

Cheers! I’m an average player at best. This was on .93 with factory outlanes, previous high was maybe 2.5? If only I could play this consistently

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

OK, removed the Y-Wing, moved the Red 5 X-Wing to the far right......much better!!!

I agree. I like it. It feels like the falcon is leading an attack on the Death Star.

#2259 2 years ago

Cheers! I’m an average player at best. This was on .93 with factory outlanes, previous high was maybe 2.5? If only I could play this consistently

Factory Outlane gap? 3 balls?

#2260 2 years ago

i felt most important ship is red 5 going in to smickity smack the g spot in death star.
i did a few ships. it is a bare PF but it is a space dual. less is more.

20171125_211319 (resized).jpg

#2261 2 years ago

Nice score! Pro right? Your translite always throws me off.

#2262 2 years ago

Got the Mirror Blades installed as well after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama.......this pin looks as good as it plays!!!!

IMG_5787 (resized).JPG

#2263 2 years ago

I like the added ships. What did you use to mount them? What kind of wires did you use to hold the ships up?

#2264 2 years ago

Edit. Just noticed your materials. Where can I find those thin wires?

Also agree on the mirror blades. They really make the SW pin pop.

Just discovered the joy of locking extra balls on the hyperspace hurry up. Had 2 balls going with trying to get the third one up there. What a rush! I suck at pinball, so that was an epic experience for a player like me!

Fighting the emperpor? Yeah right! I'll never see that one.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Factory Outlane gap? 3 balls?

3 balls and whatever standard extra ball setting is. Post is in the middle of the three holes. And yeah, it’s a pro but I stuck the bad guys translite on it because the dark side is cool

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Edit. Just noticed your materials. Where can I find those thin wires?

Got the music wire at Hobby Lobby, but most regular hobby shops carry it as well. You'll need something to cut it with as music wire will not be cut by normal pliers or cutters. I used my dremel with a cutoff wheel.

#2267 2 years ago

Does anyone know the length of the falcon on the prem/le, is it just this disney die cast?
https://www.shopdisney.com/star-wars-millennium-falcon-die-cast-vehicle-1383178

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Any Pro owners out there? What protectors do you guys recommend to keep this thing from getting too beat up?

Bare minimum .This goes for any pinball . Mylar or Clear laminating sheet cut to fit the shoot lane.

thumbnail_IMG_0225 (resized).jpg

#2269 2 years ago

Nice game! How long did it last about?

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice game! How long did it last about?

I’d say maybe twenty minutes or so?

#2271 2 years ago

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball for now until I learn more with the rules and objectives.(Blowing up the DS is not easy) I am also considering tightening the gap on left outlane. The speed of this game is so fast you really have to concentrate to maintain ball control. I am seriously loving this game! Now if I can just learn control. Control, control, you must learn control!

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama

aukraut - War Eagle!

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball

We do the same. When I got our first pinball (a Data East Star Wars) back in '96, my kids were very young. Five balls made the fun last longer. It's carried on to all of our machines. I won't ever win any competitions, but we have a blast.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball for now until I learn more with the rules and objectives.(Blowing up the DS is not easy) I am also considering tightening the gap on left outlane. The speed of this game is so fast you really have to concentrate to maintain ball control. I am seriously loving this game! Now if I can just learn control. Control, control, you must learn control!

Before you purchased your SWLE you made a comment about your concern price and sales tax of buying locally. Denver. I am in the same boat 7.6 % sales tax on these newer machines is killing me . I sent you a PM about your opinion but you did not replay. My I ask where you decided to purchase your SWLE and GOTG from ? I have never shipped in a pinball machine in my life . I always just pay the 7.6 % tax but the LE's are cost is nudging to look out of state . Thank you for any feedback .

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Before you purchased your SWLE you made a comment about your concern price and sales tax of buying locally. Denver. I am in the same boat 7.6 % sales tax on these newer machines is killing me . I sent you a PM about your opinion but you did not replay. My I ask where you decided to purchase your SWLE and GOTG from ? I have never shipped in a pinball machine in my life . I always just pay the 7.6 % tax but the LE's are cost is nudging to look out of state . Thank you for any feedback .

Why not just start buying the premiums since they are the same game play as the LE? $1200+ saved just right there.

#2276 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Every single pinball machine I bought new has been shipped. Do not hesitate for one second buying one from a reputable dealer out of state. I would recommend JJ but since you're in CO, go with Trent at Tilt or Melissa at Cointaker.

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why not just start buying the premiums since they are the same game play as the LE? $1200+ saved just right there.

Pro / Premium / LE all expensive with added 7.6 % sales tax.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

you have it good my friend, 13% for me in Ontario.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

There is something good to be said about supporting your local distributor especially when they are local and can sometimes help out quicker than another distributor out of state.

Trading in a game helps save on sales taxes too.

Houston has city taxes on top of state sales tax that comes to 8.25%

#2280 2 years ago

Installed today, like the way it looks on the premium.

D1C18CA5-C450-49D9-B014-5BB3271E6363 (resized).jpeg

A28AC4CB-1E92-438C-A9CE-D75CCD2F49D4 (resized).jpeg

#2281 2 years ago

Forgive me if this has been talked about somewhere in here already.

I played one at a friends house and the code seemed very good for a stern game. As far as I got in the game anyway.

What do you guys think will be added or fixed? Its not even 1.0 code yet

Maybe more characters to play?

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I will just say, support your local distributor.

Rob

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I doubt that as all the characters have inserts on the PF

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I played one at a friends house and the code seemed very good for a stern game. As far as I got in the game anyway.

From November "Stern Of The Union"

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Star Wars – The team has outlined a path to 1.0 final code with the hopes of release early December. In addition to bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech, here’s a sneak peek at some of the content we have planned:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han’s bonus increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.

One thing missing from the list which I hope gets improved is hyperspace multiball. Especially on premium/le models with the loop.

Rob

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I will just say, support your local distributor.
Rob

I have since 1994.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It's evidently not for everyone, but I agree that the code is very good! I wouldn't expect big changes at this point. SW got to feature-complete code very quickly by Stern's standards, and all the characters and modes are in the game already. Sounds like they'll be polishing up a thing or two, but IMO any major changes to the code would be a surprise at this point, and would be because Dwight wants them, rather than because they're "needed."

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's evidently not for everyone, but I agree that the code is very good! I wouldn't expect big changes at this point. SW got to feature-complete code very quickly by Stern's standards, and all the characters and modes are in the game already. Sounds like they'll be polishing up a thing or two, but IMO any major changes to the code would be a surprise at this point, and would be because Dwight wants them, rather than because they're "needed."

I'd be happy if they only fixed one thing: having to play Video Mode and Hoth 1 (i.e. video moda AGAIN) back to back while playing as Han........

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'd be happy if they only fixed one thing: having to play Video Mode and Hoth 1 (i.e. video moda AGAIN) back to back while playing as Han........

Yup. I'd rather have one more special mode for Han...

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have mine set to 5 ball, outlines to the smallest gap, 16 sec ball save and I still haven't defeated the emperor. The only reason I don't have rubber bands blocking the outlanes is because I couldn't handle the humiliation of still not getting Jedi MB.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Bare minimum .This goes for any pinball . Mylar or Clear laminating sheet cut to fit the shoot lane.

robknapp got a link to a good vendor for the mylar you use?

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

robknapp got a link to a good vendor for the mylar you use?

I use 3 Mil. Selfseal Laminating sheet for (shooter lane) since I discovered it in 2008 at anoffice store . I use it around (scoops). I use it to cover (decals) like on TOM 'Trap Door'. I used on Scared Stiff crate Decal . I have used it over (ghosting inserts) . I have used it on areas of (art) on a playfield that is starting to wear like the 'Fish' on Red and Teds Road Show . I have used it over (magnets).I have used it on my Avengers LE HULK (LED) Flasher reflector to hold Flasher from falling out. It is so clear that it is almost invisible. I have never used it for its intended purpose . Only pinball . I dub it "Miracle Mylar"
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/953053/Swingline-GBC-SelfSeal-Laminating-Sheets-3/

100_0365 (resized).JPG

100_0194 (resized).JPG

KISS 14 (resized).jpg

#2292 2 years ago

Unboxing my Star Wars Premium Pinball Machine. In this video I will go over the unboxing, mods, tweaks to the play field, artwork, rules, and game play. The game plays really well when you have it properly balanced and at the right height.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-premium-unboxing-tweaks-artwork-rules-and-gameplay-video/

Video :

Star Wars Prem (resized).jpg

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

The two most satisfying shots in pinball. Right trap straight off the plunge, back hand to start hyperspace hurry-up then right flipper to left ramp to start hyperspace.

Yeah.. very satisfying combo. But even better if you can bang out a few multipliers on the three-bank while ball-save is going, then trap the ball on the right flipper, move the multiplier to the death star ramp, backhand the right ramp to qualify hurry-up, then then hit the death star ramp to complete the hurry up. That's an easy 50M - 80M in the first 10 seconds of the game.

#2294 2 years ago

I made these for my game...
swright2 (resized).jpgswleft2 (resized).jpg

#2295 2 years ago

Has anyone had their Star Wars custom powder coated yet?
I don’t like the feel of the crinkle armor. So I want to powder coat my Premium, I just don’t know what color(s)

#2296 2 years ago

I did mine in mystic purple...

20170915_174758 (resized).jpg

20170915_174721 (resized).jpg

#2297 2 years ago

Star Wars showed up today. Now I’m all in on Steve Ritchie designs.

873916AC-D211-4FCE-96BA-1E9DE2205DB7 (resized).jpeg

#2298 2 years ago

So, way back I posted I didn't usually get high points on Boba Fett (hadn't beat the default), so I decided to start concentrating on making sure the multiplier was going and lined up with the next Fett shot anytime I got a chance to do the mode. Wow, what a difference this has made. Last night I got my highest score yet from Fett. That mode alone gave me 458 million and I had one shot left (if only I could have hit it!).

The shot multiplier is just such a game changer on this machine. You don't need to use it to have fun on the pin, but learning to use it can really add up the points. I'm still not the best player, but I'm up in the 3 billion range for my best games. Pretty sure if I can line up that multiplier right during the other modes I could get higher, but I tend to keep it parked a lot (hard enough to keep the ball in play).

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Star Wars showed up today. Now I’m all in on Steve Ritchie designs.

Where's your star trek?

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So, way back I posted I didn't usually get high points on Boba Fett (hadn't beat the default), so I decided to start concentrating on making sure the multiplier was going and lined up with the next Fett shot anytime I got a chance to do the mode. Wow, what a difference this has made. Last night I got my highest score yet from Fett. That mode alone gave me 458 million and I had one shot left (if only I could have hit it!).
The shot multiplier is just such a game changer on this machine. You don't need to use it to have fun on the pin, but learning to use it can really add up the points. I'm still not the best player, but I'm up in the 3 billion range for my best games. Pretty sure if I can line up that multiplier right during the other modes I could get higher, but I tend to keep it parked a lot (hard enough to keep the ball in play).

Agreed! The multiplier is the key to awesome scores. I did the same last week...and hit the last shot. Got over 500 million for my efforts...intense fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 8381 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside