IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 301.
#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

Honestly, when you rush a game (and accessories for that matter) you get something like guardians. When you take you’re time, you get a game like Steve Ritchie and Dwight intended. I’m sure there’s a good reason for the delay.

I really like the progress Dwight has done with the code rules and LCD. Looking forward to seeing what comes with the next update. This game is definitely on my radar, but probably the pro because of the awful experiences I’ve had with an LE on location.

#2202 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

Yeah I’m annoyed. It’s the only thing holding me back from buying the premium.

Would be nice to know what the whole package is intended to look like before i spend over 7k

#2203 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Honestly, when you rush a game (and accessories for that matter) you get something like guardians. When you take you’re time, you get a game like Steve Ritchie and Dwight intended. I’m sure there’s a good reason for the delay.
I really like the progress Dwight has done with the code rules and LCD. Looking forward to seeing what comes with the next update. This game is definitely on my radar, but probably the pro because of the awful experiences I’ve had with an LE on location.

Funny you mention the code but I was going to bring that up also. The code is now in a REALLY good state; I am happy with it. I know Stern said they are working on the next update: do you guys think it will add anything? I am thinking polish and more callouts.

#2204 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don't understand that one. Not based on the new movies at all and they are missing out on sales.

Any Star Wars hype is free advertising hype. I suspect once the new movie gets closer, and all the hype surrounding it, Stern will release the SW add-ons and topper. I suspect they are hoping for increased sales during this time. It's only a few weeks away.

#2205 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game is definitely on my radar, but probably the pro because of the awful experiences I’ve had with an LE on location.

I had a Pro for a few months and now have a Premium. The Pro shoots awesome and is a great game. I would totally recommend it. The Premium / LE is MUCH harder. Not a little, a LOT. That being said, I LOVE the hyper loop. It is a great shot and really cool when you get 2 or more balls in that thing. So I guess my point its that you will be happy with either, but I find the Premium / LE harder, but worth it for the hyper loop. The Death Star shot is sooo important in many modes.

Also, if the LE you play on location is at Coin Op in the Gaslamp, that thing is a broken POS. The operator needs to fix it. I have played it a few times and it is the worst example of Star Wars I have seen.

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen?

Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I’m annoyed.

Waiting to see if anyone without a SW avatar is annoyed

#2207 6 years ago

I asked about the topper on their facebook page on the last state of the union post. They replied saying they were hoping to have the star wars stuff at the beginning of Dec.

#2208 6 years ago

I started wondering if they intentionally were holding accessories off until more LEs sold. Sounds crazy, but you never know. Seems like if a guy can buy a premium and then they offer the custom armor, and it still saves you $1000 from an Le, who would buy an Le? I started thinking this way after the gotg accessories were announced. Probably not what's going on, but I can honestly say I'm holding off on buying an le until the accessories are shown, as I prefer the LE looks best, but if I can get a premium with a topper, custom armor, and side blades and still pay less than the LE, it seems like the smartest way to go. Just my thoughts.

#2209 6 years ago

From what ive heard guardins LE sales are not great so far, so wouldnt you think if that was the case they would do the same thing with guardians?

#2210 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

From what ive heard guardins LE sales are not great so far, so wouldnt you think if that was the case they would do the same thing with guardians?

Like I said, it sounds crazy, but would you really put it past them? Also, if you can buy a gotg premium with all accessories for Less than just an LE, wouldn't you? Math adds up better on a fully pumped out premium.

#2211 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Also, if you can buy a gotg premium with all accessories for Less than just an LE, wouldn't you? Math adds up better on a fully pumped out premium.

Yes but it always has. LE gave some advantages like Shaker/glass but LE buying is aboot having an LE. I mean we all know Limited is hardly even limited so be it's very nature it's almost meaningless.

#2212 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah, a captive ball or a ball-catching magnet sounds cool in theory, but I'm not sure how you'd wedge it in with all the ramps, orbits, and targets up there already! Which is not to say that the TIE Fighter is a super-cool toy or whatever, just that at some point the design works pretty well as-is, and it's not clear that adding more bits to this table layout would improve gameplay.

I love SRLE as is, but consider TRON. The TRON arcade that Stern shipped with TRON looked like it came from a Cracker Jack box. That created a market for the a more realistic TRON arcade that many folks purchased. The more realistic TRON arcade doesn't improve gameplay, but it's so important to the theme/look, that many folks spent $300-$400 to upgrade a toy!

I feel like the Tie Fighter is so important to the theme, that it would have been nice to spend a few more bucks and add some detail, LED's, whatever (even if it doesn't effect gameplay in a big way). Maybe an opportunity for mod folks out there...

snaroff

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I feel like the Tie Fighter is so important to the theme, that it would have been nice to spend a few more bucks and add some detail, LED's, whatever (even if it doesn't effect gameplay in a big way). Maybe an opportunity for mod folks out there...
snaroff

Totally agreed - or even something to nicely the chintzy looking spring under it! As you say, maybe an opportunity for modders there, will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with anything cool.

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Totally agreed - or even something to nicely the chintzy looking spring under it! As you say, maybe an opportunity for modders there, will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with anything cool.

I think Mezel has a cover for the spring but I don’t think it looks great.

#2215 6 years ago

The code is a blast, and in on a topper IF it's on a spring too.

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Yeah, move the posts, ensure you're at 6.5 degrees, and lower the Tatooine kick-out power. Been solid for me since.

I always moved posts down too soon in my past experience , so holding them up for now. Its such a rush to play that I feel like getting an empire whipping is all part of it

Tattooine scoop is low powered now, but maybe someone can advise if the game should have balls hit the top of the slings out of the obits? Coming out of the pops, this ends in the side to side, and often a drain.
Game is level, both orbit returns do it at medium speed

#2217 6 years ago

I have one new in the box Star Wars LE left. Could deliver before Thanksgiving or Black Friday. 8200 picked up or 8500 delivered. PM me please

#2218 6 years ago

Thanks for all the tips guys. These are very helpful, and will give me something to zero in on and get wired. Then I can concentrate on something new next time.

Will also be trying out a few other games, and I’m eager to see which I prefer.

#2219 6 years ago

The old man stopped by today to play. He’s been wanting to come by for a while and he promptly crushed it...

5010F95C-7E10-433B-ACB7-4FBF33C21AB5 (resized).jpeg5010F95C-7E10-433B-ACB7-4FBF33C21AB5 (resized).jpeg

F9601B10-1EF6-4F88-BEE2-B07DDA7FD6C2 (resized).jpegF9601B10-1EF6-4F88-BEE2-B07DDA7FD6C2 (resized).jpeg

#2220 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a flipper fidelity kit into their star wars pro model? I have a FF STN 8 SPIKE 2 kit that is not working correctly. It’s muffled and I’m certain I know what I’m doing. I’ve tested vs stock numerous times back and forth and the FF kit is clearly muffled and not working correctly. Any help is appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving.

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also, if the LE you play on location is at Coin Op in the Gaslamp, that thing is a broken POS. The operator needs to fix it. I have played it a few times and it is the worst example of Star Wars I have seen.

I was there a few days ago and it was working fine for me.

#2222 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I was there a few days ago and it was working fine for me.

The hyperloop worked? Glad they finally fixed it.

#2223 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I started wondering if they intentionally were holding accessories off until more LEs sold.

What you are forgetting is Stern has sold out of all of their LE's to distributors. Only a handful of distributors still have them. Stern wants to have accessories available as soon as possible to capitalize on potential added sales while Star Wars is in production.

The rumors for delay are licensing issues and Stern's limited staff and support-Intern is doing it.

Anyone else make custom cards for Star Wars. I printed the R2-D2 one and it is good, just wondering if there are others people have done?

Also I would like to try and light up the side rails on my LE with El-paper, does anyone work with El-paper vendor that can do sheets large enough to cover rails? Would be stellar to have them light up like ST LE.

#2224 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Anyone else make custom cards for Star Wars. I printed the R2-D2 one and it is good, just wondering if there are others people have done?

I must have missed this. Care to share? Would love to update my cards.

#2225 6 years ago

Star Wars Cards.pngStar Wars Cards.png

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I must have missed this. Care to share? Would love to update my cards.

I did some as well:

#2227 6 years ago

These are great! Thanks y'all!!

#2228 6 years ago

Ball 3. Multiplier at 20x. One more shot to finally destroy the Death Star for the very first time...

Drain.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

#2229 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also I would like to try and light up the side rails on my LE with El-paper, does anyone work with El-paper vendor that can do sheets large enough to cover rails? Would be stellar to have them light up like ST LE.

One of the modders has already developed a custom solution. Was in one of the SW threads.

Edit: found it - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/31#post-4001068

#2230 6 years ago

2,093,959,370. My high score! Escaped Bobofet and hit every shot with my multiplier on that shot. I got over 500,000,000 just for that. Has been a good Thanksgiving. . My wife isn’t too happy. Now I have the high scores on both Metallica (over 179,000,00) and Star Wars for our tournament.

#2231 6 years ago

Nice score. I had a 40X multiplier going into the video mode recently:

A987705D-C2EC-4A80-98D3-F9FFBD68D14F (resized).jpegA987705D-C2EC-4A80-98D3-F9FFBD68D14F (resized).jpeg

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the modders has already developed a custom solution. Was in one of the SW threads.

I saw Hooked talked about doing a run but I have not seen anyone with it installed yet? Can someone post a pic if they received Hooked mod. He said he would do them in white, I was actually thinking of doing mine in blue. Any help appreciated

#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nice score. I had a 40X multiplier going into the video mode recently:

The video mode is not really fun (at least for me)... except you drop in with 40x!

My Lightsaber Duell highscore... 887 mio. I like those different highscores, adds a lot of "one more game".

#2234 6 years ago

my take on instruction cards. they look better printed than on screen.

Rside_LE.JPGRside_LE.JPG

Rside_Prem.JPGRside_Prem.JPG

Rside_Pro.JPGRside_Pro.JPG

Lside.JPGLside.JPG

star wars.pdfstar wars.pdf

#2235 6 years ago

Thanks for the cards guys!

#2236 6 years ago

Look great!

#2237 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

The video mode is not really fun (at least for me)... except you drop in with 40x!
My Lightsaber Duell highscore... 887 mio. I like those different highscores, adds a lot of "one more game".

I actually enjoy the video mode quite a bit now. It’s a good break from the crazy fast gameplay and the Falcon is much more nimble than you think. You can take the ship way up the sides (think 9 and 3 o’clock)

#2238 6 years ago

Great cards, silly question perhaps but what is the prefered quality paper stock to print?

#2239 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

what is the prefered quality paper stock to print?

I use HP ultra gloss photo paper from Best Buy or Walmart

I had a great morning with my son waking up at 6:30 in the morning filled with excitement running straight to the game room to play Star Wars. I am so proud, and this is what pinball is all about (;

GEDC4484.JPGGEDC4484.JPG

#2240 6 years ago

I just played a SW Premium today. I had previously played the Pro. Although I only played a few games, I really loved it. It is a fun fast action packed game. The ramp (when it was up) blocked a few of my horseshoe shots but I was surprised how fast it dropped and it didn't really feel like it interrupted the flow. In my opinion, the hyper loop is a fun worthwhile addition that feels central to the game -- I hit it a few times and really enjoyed it as part of the experience. The video mode dodging asteroids was just so-so to me. I'd prefer the action to remain with the ball on the playfield, but its not terrible. I am absolutely considering buying one.

#2241 6 years ago

Are these the official stern SW siderails ?

4A8343D4-4C72-4B69-84B2-F54D5F5DFA1C (resized).png4A8343D4-4C72-4B69-84B2-F54D5F5DFA1C (resized).png

0B15AA4E-EE6D-47DC-AA4F-C4482F135B04 (resized).png0B15AA4E-EE6D-47DC-AA4F-C4482F135B04 (resized).png

#2242 6 years ago

If it is they are pretty uninspiring

#2243 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Are these the official stern SW siderails ?

No, they are from pinballcenter.eu

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If it is they are pretty uninspiring

bought the darth vader version. they look good. will install this weekend, maybe with EL paper. also they are about 140 Euro cheaper that stern will charge.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

No, they are from pinballcenter.eu

Curious to see what Stern cooks up for all the accessories. I will likely be in for a topper. Not sure on the other stuff.

#2246 6 years ago

When I bought my SW Premium a couple of weeks ago I set it up between my LOTR and MMR. A couple of days later my wife walks in, looks closely at the 3 pins and says: "When I look at the Lord of the Rings I see all this great stuff all over the playfield, and then I look at the Medieval Madness and I see the Castle, the Dragon, the Damsel tower, and other stuff, but when I look at the Star Wars it looks so bare..." I then assured her that I had plans in place and they will be implemented soon......

This morning I took some steps to alleviate some of that bareness on the playfield. I've already done some functional mods (Pinbit protectors, Titan Rings, plunger lane protection) however these are purely aesthetic. I know that some will not like these and doing this may land me in the Mod Removers club thread, but doing it in moderation....I like the way it looks and it adds that missing something to the playfield without getting in the way.

601926A7-CFBC-4318-BF21-C3153CCD6CE8 (resized).jpeg601926A7-CFBC-4318-BF21-C3153CCD6CE8 (resized).jpeg
8F29B026-7A68-4A55-ADE8-0375BD38740C (resized).jpeg8F29B026-7A68-4A55-ADE8-0375BD38740C (resized).jpeg
1E35AD69-5FC4-40C3-AD38-58CA2B698826 (resized).jpeg1E35AD69-5FC4-40C3-AD38-58CA2B698826 (resized).jpeg
3DDFD4FB-D469-412C-AA56-554BB03F7F73 (resized).jpeg3DDFD4FB-D469-412C-AA56-554BB03F7F73 (resized).jpeg
E704BAA5-EEC4-4786-B099-3584294D4D1A (resized).jpegE704BAA5-EEC4-4786-B099-3584294D4D1A (resized).jpeg
FA9D70C3-9763-4876-8060-A9507ADB6416 (resized).jpegFA9D70C3-9763-4876-8060-A9507ADB6416 (resized).jpeg
3059430F-F8EB-407A-978B-ACECF3BAD7CA (resized).jpeg3059430F-F8EB-407A-978B-ACECF3BAD7CA (resized).jpeg
58010B37-E9D0-4BF0-A1B8-35FFAED32224 (resized).jpeg58010B37-E9D0-4BF0-A1B8-35FFAED32224 (resized).jpeg
F41E99B1-23F0-477C-A0C0-3AA54F113D13 (resized).jpegF41E99B1-23F0-477C-A0C0-3AA54F113D13 (resized).jpeg
87E280CD-03E6-44DC-8CE7-1DA18A106F75 (resized).jpeg87E280CD-03E6-44DC-8CE7-1DA18A106F75 (resized).jpeg
019877F4-BBF3-4120-BA38-7DF1A013B235 (resized).jpeg019877F4-BBF3-4120-BA38-7DF1A013B235 (resized).jpeg
3076665D-0EA2-4F76-BA76-319669D63C34 (resized).jpeg3076665D-0EA2-4F76-BA76-319669D63C34 (resized).jpeg

Mirror blades and Pinstadium lighting are next........

#2247 6 years ago

Not a fan of any toy that blocks the inlanes...particularly the two ships closest to the flippers. Less is more.

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a fan of any toy that blocks the inlanes...particularly the two ships closest to the flippers. Less is more.

This is my opinion too. I don't like big toys that are just plonked on the playfield. Each to their own though.

#2249 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Quoted from Micky:

This is my opinion too. I don't like big toys that are just plonked on the playfield. Each to their own though.

Thanks for the comments....the lower ones are a concern for me as well when I placed them, thought I would try them first, if they don't work there and are getting in the way they can easily be moved. There are some spots between the plunger lane and right outlane that would be out of the line of sight I might try instead.

#2250 6 years ago

OK, removed the Y-Wing, moved the Red 5 X-Wing to the far right......much better!!!

fullsizeoutput_b4c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_b4c (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/45?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.