IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 301.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am old school . I use a simple bubble level the is like a pen you could wear on shirt pocket . I have been wanting a digital or electronic level for pinball . What is the best type/brand to get And where do I purchase it from ? Thanks a million.

I bought this one from Amazon and it works well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148M7P4O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

#2152 6 years ago

I am looking for a (Armor MOD) for small LCD display for Star Wars pinball . And a (Mirror) behind the back Rollover Lanes "ala" TOM There is one in the market place . It is not bad .
However It is not the one I like the best. I have seen it on a few machines . (Armor mini LCD MOD) and the (Mirror) backboard MOD) I PM the owners with no response . I relay to all PM I get many about my LED conversions . Any way the (2) MOD's look like this . See photo it is the best I want one . Thanks a Million .

StarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpgStarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpg

#2153 6 years ago

I think its probably just one for GB, I have one on my GB and was thinking the same thing, cant see the pops or lanes with the screen there.

https://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am looking for a (Armor MOD) for small LCD display for Star Wars pinball . And a (Mirror) behind the back Rollover Lanes "ala" TOM There is one in the market place . It is not bad .
However It is not the one I like the best. I have seen it on a few machines . (Armor mini LCD MOD) and the (Mirror) backboard MOD) I PM the owners with no response . I relay to all PM I get many about my LED conversions . Any way the (2) MOD's look like this . See photo it is the best I want one . Thanks a Million .

Actually, cointaker has both. Just go to game specific mods under Stern Star Wars.

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I think its probably just one for GB, I have one on my GB and was thinking the same thing, cant see the pops or lanes with the screen there.
https://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

Quoted from dnapac:

Actually, cointaker has both. Just go to game specific mods under Stern Star Wars.

Quoted from AUKraut:

I bought this one from Amazon and it works well:
amazon.com link »

Pinside is great . Thanks to all for your help. Rob Knapp

#2156 6 years ago

Dumb question, I’m pretty sure there is a way to turn off the end of game ‘match’ segment so it doesn’t even occur. Is that possible? I just hate that it uses the shaker regardless.

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Dumb question, I’m pretty sure there is a way to turn off the end of game ‘match’ segment so it doesn’t even occur. Is that possible? I just hate that it uses the shaker regardless.

Yes, in the adjustments set your Match Percentage to off.....

#2158 6 years ago

Thank you! I assumed 0 was off. Lol!

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

You can just turn the horrible knocker sound off. Disabling match isn't the solution, since you will also get the knocker screetch on replays.

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Yes, you can turn match off entirely in the menus.

#2161 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Thank you! I assumed 0 was off. Lol!

Sure thing! BTDTBTTS.....yeah, I thought the same before when I got my first Stern.....why one would set it to 0 and want to leave the animation on???

#2162 6 years ago

GOTG has topper/mods etc., waiting for a few SW goods already!
Codes coming along, the biggest movie franchise for merch in history and this pin has nothing. Nada. Zippo.
I guess we are left with this option while we wait....

7F2A4F9E-00FD-44A1-A0CF-562AB31D3889 (resized).jpeg7F2A4F9E-00FD-44A1-A0CF-562AB31D3889 (resized).jpeg

#2163 6 years ago

Is it just me or do game scores seem a little lower with V0.93.0?

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I keep telling myself that is the case.. and not my game-play..)

#2165 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I keep telling myself that is the case.. and not my game-play..)

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well.

#2166 6 years ago

I thought I just sucked recently...whew.

#2167 6 years ago

Just upgraded our new SW Pro to v0.93 yesterday and my scores actually went up a hair. BUT, I suck! I'm only getting in the 600m-700m range still. Code is much better than the v0.86(?) that came on our game.

#2168 6 years ago

Installed a Pin Stadium kit with the UV Glow option for the flashers this weekend and I have to say wow! The pictures are from a frame grab I did from my camcorder when the UV was triggered. I tied into the flasher by the Tatooine scoop, and it triggers in a very nice way when you hit shots for modes. Such a nice effect and hard to appreciate it from pictures alone. The glow gets triggered and is a very quick effect, like a lightning strike. Highly recommended, and easy to install. Took me less than 10 minutes and no tools required.

4A2E43B8-9772-405E-9B87-3261C29A485D (resized).jpeg4A2E43B8-9772-405E-9B87-3261C29A485D (resized).jpeg

975AA6D0-5561-4883-AB60-ECBAE52F0834 (resized).jpeg975AA6D0-5561-4883-AB60-ECBAE52F0834 (resized).jpeg

#2169 6 years ago

Is it really that purple or just something funky with the camera? If it is that purple - not my cup of tea. I am quite fond of the factory installed lighting on Star Wars so far.

#2170 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Is it really that purple or just something funky with the camera? If it is that purple - not my cup of tea. I am quite fond of the factory installed lighting on Star Wars so far.

Its the split second that the UV glow is on. it is not this color all the time, only when the flasher fires. you can adjust the color on the GI portion to be any color you want though.

#2171 6 years ago

Not my cup of tea...

Rob

#2172 6 years ago

The German word for that is "verschlimmbessern". Clearly.

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

verschlimmbessern

Holy schiesse, you guys must have some insane scrabble scores

Having said that, I agree with you 100%

#2174 6 years ago

One of my favorite things on this game is the instant info. So well done how it shows the progression and shot progress so clearly, hope this is done for all stern games to come.

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Installed a Pin Stadium kit with the UV Glow option for the flashers this weekend and I have to say wow! The pictures are from a frame grab I did from my camcorder when the UV was triggered. I tied into the flasher by the Tatooine scoop, and it triggers in a very nice way when you hit shots for modes. Such a nice effect and hard to appreciate it from pictures alone. The glow gets triggered and is a very quick effect, like a lightning strike. Highly recommended, and easy to install. Took me less than 10 minutes and no tools required.

I like the idea of the lightning quick color change. I’d love to see it in person (did video do it justice?)

#2176 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not my cup of tea...
Rob

I also don't see the appeal. This game in particular with varying gi, light modding is just not necessary but each to their own. Pinstadium costs a pretty penny too.

#2177 6 years ago

At Free Play Florida this year I got to meet Gary Stern & Steve Ritchie; They were really cool and signed the apron for my Premium!

E6B0A82A-FC40-46BD-9406-80DFB4E804B9 (resized).jpegE6B0A82A-FC40-46BD-9406-80DFB4E804B9 (resized).jpeg

#2179 6 years ago

This pin is such a sleeper all my others pins are begging to be played but i just keep pushing the start button

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

This pin is such a sleeper all my others pins are begging to be played but i just keep pushing the start button

It really is...and I'm not a Star Wars zealot. Detractors don't like the boring layout, no toys, etc. The hyperdrive & LCD are 2 of the best "toys" in any Stern. Hopefully the LCD will be used more effectively in future software updates. The light show is sick. The images and sounds from the movie are amazing. Callouts need some help, but I'm told that will improve in the next update.

I played Tie Fighter MB for the first time today...incredible.

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It really is...and I'm not a Star Wars zealot. Detractors don't like the boring layout, no toys, etc. The hyperdrive & LCD are 2 of the best "toys" in any Stern. Hopefully the LCD will be used more effectively in future software updates. The light show is sick. The images and sounds from the movie are amazing. Callouts need some help, but I'm told that will improve in the next update.
I played Tie Fighter MB for the first time today...incredible.

The xwing toy is pretty much the same mech as the vengance from st just a smaller model. Didnt hear many complaining about st

#2182 6 years ago

Do you mean the TIE fighter toy? Don’t think an X-wing is in there

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The xwing toy is pretty much the same mech as the vengance from st just a smaller model. Didnt hear many complaining about st

In fairness to ST, the Vengeance also had a drop target and a magnet as part of the overall "toy." I'm not complaining, I like the TIE Fighter fine as-is. But it's definitely less involved than the Vengeance.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Do you mean the TIE fighter toy? Don’t think an X-wing is in there

Yes thats what I ment, also compaired to trek, did have the mag/drop/kicker, but sw has 3 lockingprong mechs, and the hyperloop is so fast that it doesnt need a kicker.

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In fairness to ST, the Vengeance also had a drop target and a magnet as part of the overall "toy." I'm not complaining, I like the TIE Fighter fine as-is. But it's definitely less involved than the Vengeance.

The TIE fighter toy is definitely kind of lame. When it gets caught behind the LCD, it makes it look even cheaper. I adjusted it so it would not get caught as often.

It's also too bad it's just a standard target...a captive ball would have been cooler (but would take up more space). Seems like SR was trying to cram as many targets/shots as possible. There is a lot to shot for...

#2186 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The TIE fighter toy is definitely kind of lame. When it gets caught behind the LCD, it makes it look even cheaper. I adjusted it so it would not get caught as often.
It's also too bad it's just a standard target...a captive ball would have been cooler (but would take up more space). Seems like SR was trying to cram as many targets/shots as possible. There is a lot to shot for...

Yeah, a captive ball or a ball-catching magnet sounds cool in theory, but I'm not sure how you'd wedge it in with all the ramps, orbits, and targets up there already! Which is not to say that the TIE Fighter is a super-cool toy or whatever, just that at some point the design works pretty well as-is, and it's not clear that adding more bits to this table layout would improve gameplay.

#2187 6 years ago

I'd be happy if Stern fix the speed at which the ramp lowers so as to not obstruct the ball.
If they can pull that off, then the game would flow so much better and be more satisfying IMO

#2188 6 years ago

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route SW this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?

Thanks!

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I have found them much higher after updateing to .93. I really want to know how many like the way the game plays with .93. I find it much better a game with .93. Been gettin way more action includin multiballs.

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route SW this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

your best approach is to have good ball control and trap up when you can, unlock and move the shot multiplier to the shots that are lit when you are in a mode. Listen for the thunk thunk thunk sound telling you your shot multiplier is going to time out.... shoot the 3 targets under the playfield LCD screen to keep the multiplier from resetting, and also increase it by 1x, up to 20x or 40x if you have been awarded a Double Multiplier award.

on modes that are hurry-ups, start with the hardest shots first to start the hurry up and then shoot the easier shot to complete it.

#2191 6 years ago

Thanks!

Play R2, first ball pick light death star missions. You have shoot the colored lit shots on the PF to open up missions in those areas. The easiest thing usually after that is to backhand the left ramp 3 times lighting endor missions. This will open some missions for you to play around with. Each 4th mission (hot dog insert) is a MB.
Hitting the middle button...I understand a third button is very confusing to people but I think you can get through it...turns on or off the mulipliers JoshOD is talking aboot. Use the flipper buttons to move the 3 lights to the horshoe/ramp area and just leave them there for now. As you get more comfortable you can hit the 3rd button and move them around during gameplay to maximize score. The main thing is every time you hit the small 3 bank targets your lit green shots are multiplied in value...the big number at the top of the screens is that value.

#2192 6 years ago

Thanks!

I agree with the assessment above to go with R2, especially if you're looking to work that multiplier for big points.

That said, to switch it up, if you want to get to Lightsaber Dual quickly to fight Darth Vader, choose Luke, then work on completing those FORCE targets. Luke awards you FORCE letters easier than other characters, so you should be able to get to the dual by at the very worse, your last ball. Then enjoy the LCD and light choreography as you step in the shoes of Obi-Wan to attempt to delay Darth Vader so Luke, Leia, and Han can escape to the Millenium Falcon. While not too difficult, it's a well put-together sequence.

#2193 6 years ago

Thanks!

Some good advice from people so far.

In regards to what missions to unlock, I would add this:

Figure out what the right kickout is doing early. It can be angry sometimes and shoot STDM. If this is the case it's probably better to pick Light Tatooine first so that you can avoid that shot.

Also, the middle ramp can be hit easily from both flippers. Figure out both and then you can have a safe go to shot when things get hectic.

#2194 6 years ago

I love all these strategies people talk about, they must work well, but are you all doing this in the 10secs between each ball..)

One mistake, lose control and its sucked out the sides on mine . I’m not that bad of a player , but its busting my balls every game still

#2195 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I love all these strategies people talk about, they must work well, but are you all doing this in the 10secs between each ball..)
One mistake, lose control and its sucked out the sides on mine . I’m not that bad of a player , but its busting my balls every game still

Do you have it at too shallow of a pitch? If you're at less than 6.5 degrees, I bet the side-to-side action off the slings would be a real killer.

[EDIT: Which is not to say it's not a tough and fast-playing game regardless. Just imagining that if you're getting too many outlane dranes, pitch could be an issue]

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

You are certainly not alone. I love the game to bits, it just doesn't love me I've even moved both posts all the way back.

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

You are certainly not alone. I love the game to bits, it just doesn't love me I've even moved both posts all the way back.

Yeah, move the posts, ensure you're at 6.5 degrees, and lower the Tatooine kick-out power. Been solid for me since.

#2198 6 years ago

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

#2199 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

I'm guessing near the release of the new SW movie.

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I'm guessing near the release of the new SW movie.

Don't understand that one. Not based on the new movies at all and they are missing out on sales.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.