IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 301.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Looks good jdpilot. Can you post some pics or video from the player's perspective?

Here ya go:

#2102 6 years ago

i will laser cut some of this pieces
stainless stell 1 mm brushed

euro 25,- + shipping to USA 15,- up to 5 pieces in 1 box

23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg

#2103 6 years ago

My SW Premium that I got 3 days ago was an absolute drain monster from the plunger to the 3 bank to the left outlane. All 4 of the SW Pros I had played before were no where near that. Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: all the difference in the world!!! An auto plunged ball still hits the 3 bank, but then it goes into the FORCE drop bank or the ring above it instead of the outlane area. I had previously scored over 2B+ on some of the Pros, but couldn't get over 600M on mine. First game after the rail adjust: 1.3B! Highly recommend this fix for anyone with the left outlane drain from plunge issue.

Put in the Titan Silicone Rings as well while I had the pin partially apart. Checked out the upper slingshot kicker in the pop bumper area, somehow something doesn't sound right when there is a ball in that area, sounds metallic when the ball is in that area.

Overall though, been really have been pleased with the build quality of this pin. No ghosting inserts so far (one of the 1st SW Pros in our area during the launch party has issues), cabinet and playfield solid. Front of cabinet has been reinforced in the corners, upper bracket and WMS/Bally style leg brackets. In the back of the cabinet it still has the old Stern thin leg brackets, which should be okay as the rear of the cabinet is inherently stronger due to the backbox platform. Like the new slide rails, and also the little clips that hold the LEDs in place in the spotlights. The engineering it took to get the ramps to interact the way they do in this game is impressive.

As for the gameplay and theme: love it!! It really is that "just one more game" pin that I haven't had since my TZ. Having it at home now being able to enjoy it in my setting where I can see the lighting and hear the sound.....just WOW!!!! The subtleties in the sounds from the movies and integration in the gameplay: excellent!!! Had only played Pro models before, but now having a Premium: the hyper loop is a MUST!! I can really see this one not going anywhere for a long, long time!!

My play settings: All factory except 10 second initial ballsave, right VUK at 18, and no overlap of modes. Being that it is in a home environment also turned off the attract mode sounds, match, and the knocker.

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Can you post one after it's cut please. Are you going to apply the 3M adhesive prior to laser cutting or is it not provided?

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

That’s a cool idea. Can it have the imperial symbol instead if the Jedi symbol?

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Can you post one after it's cut please. Are you going to apply the 3M adhesive prior to laser cutting or is it not provided?

hi
sorry

i only order at the factory what we need

only the plate have to clue it with 3m or something different by yourself

if you want to join the list PM
tom

#2107 6 years ago

Thanks jdpilot

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
sorry
i only order at the factory what we need
only the plate have to clue it with 3m or something different by yourself
if you want to join the list PM
tom

Ok thanks and 5 is definitely the max you can ship together? Anyone in the states interested? I could order 5 and distribute from here. Post here or PM me if so.

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

After each increase in rank the jedi targets increase in value. Once you become a jedi master each target it worth quite-a-bit...but I'm blanking on how much (2.5 million?)

Thanks!

I noticed each completion of the jedi targets also spots a letter on the FORCE target bank. I don't know if this is especially useful since completing the targets is not that difficult already.

Rob

#2110 6 years ago

Hi Tom, great idea!

the plate is laser cut but I wondered if the symbols and writing are laser cut too or just painted black?
How much to ship to Europe?

Quoted from kapsreiter:

#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from Rhaegal:

Hi Tom, great idea!
the plate is laser cut but I wondered if the symbols and writing are laser cut too or just painted black?
How much to ship to Europe?

everything is laser cut !

stainless steel 1mm brushed

if you want to join

pm me today

we will do just 1 order on monday

#2112 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

My SW Premium that I got 3 days ago was an absolute drain monster from the plunger to the 3 bank to the left outlane. All 4 of the SW Pros I had played before were no where near that. Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: all the difference in the world!!! An auto plunged ball still hits the 3 bank, but then it goes into the FORCE drop bank or the ring above it instead of the outlane area.

Glad you fixed your issue! It sounds like a lot of work . For me and others after you Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: How did you adjust it ? And what position did you move the plunger rail (left) (right) (up) (down) ??? Any additional info would be helpful . Thank you .

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Glad you fixed your issue! It sounds like a lot of work . For me and others after you Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: How did you adjust it ? And what position did you move the plunger rail (left) (right) (up) (down) ??? Any additional info would be helpful . Thank you .

Just your standard 1/4” nut head screw, loosen it, the rail holder has a slot in it so one can adjust the rail about 3/16”. I adjusted it part of the way up and my left outlane drains off of the plunge went from 70-80% to 10-20%. I’m going to go back this coming weekend and adjust it a bit more to see if I can totally eliminate it. Good part is you can turn the machine on and launch balls to test it without the loop and ramps in place. The ramps and loop are easily removable to get to the playfield and plastics to swap rings and do stuff like this. You only have to lift the playfield to unplug the Falcon to remove it off of the left ramp. The ramps and loop near the backboard stay in place, they do not have to be moved.

#2114 6 years ago

Joined the club on Sunday thanks to Cointaker's awesome customer service! Can't believe they met me at their shop on a Sunday!

Thanks again Chris(and son)! I am loving this thing!

1112171449a (resized).jpg1112171449a (resized).jpg

1112172107_HDR (resized).jpg1112172107_HDR (resized).jpg

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Joined the club on Sunday thanks to Cointaker's awesome customer service! Can't believe they met me at their shop on a Sunday!
Thanks again Chris(and son)! I am loving this thing!

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Machine is an awesome addition to any collection.

#2116 6 years ago

Now that some time has passed, what are peoples thoughts about the death star ramp, specifically, It is too slow to lower and interrupts the horseshoe shot from the right entry and takes a hard beating from the ball.

Doesn't seem as though many people are highlighting this as a fault or dont consider it to be an issue?

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Now that some time has passed, what are peoples thoughts about the death star ramp, specifically, It is too slow to lower and interrupts the horseshoe shot from the right entry and takes a hard beating from the ball.
Doesn't seem as though many people are highlighting this as a fault or dont consider it to be an issue?

I, personally, don't think it's a problem. This game can be so fast, that it helps temper the speed a little. I also don't think it's a problem with the ball hitting it. I think it's a lot stronger than people think.

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

A complete non-issue for me.

Rob

#2119 6 years ago

My thoughts are that it would be a much better flowing game, much like Swords of Fury if the ball wasn't interrupted by the ramp.

#2120 6 years ago

Enjoy Jeff , it is a great game

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

My thoughts are that it would be a much better flowing game, much like Swords of Fury if the ball wasn't interrupted by the ramp.

But, it's not doing that all the time. In fact, maybe the fork ramp momentarily stopping the ball, or feeding the hyperloop is in effect reducing possible SDTM flow from that short loop.

Rob

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

A complete non-issue for me.
Rob

Ditto. Totally not an issue.

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, it's not doing that all the time. In fact, maybe the fork ramp momentarily stopping the ball, or feeding the hyperloop is in effect reducing possible SDTM flow from that short loop.
Rob

then this is a design flaw is it not if you need something to prevent SDTM?
It shouldn't SDTM regardless IMO

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

then this is a design flaw is it not if you need something to prevent SDTM?
It shouldn't SDTM regardless IMO

It's a design flaw from the players perspective, but for an operator it's a money shot...

Rob

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a design flaw from the players perspective, but for an operator it's a money shot...
Rob

yea thats true, however not sure that would apply to an LE

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

yea thats true, however not sure that would apply to an LE

I give myself a refund when I get a cheap drain.

Rob

#2127 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I don't think it's an issue at all, especially after you get use to playing the game. Simply put if that ramp is up, you should be aiming for it and not the horseshoe loop from the backside. Yes you can qualify missions and start a mission from the backside, but you'll also start a mission if the ramp is up, complete a hyperspace hurry up or get a jackpot so you shouldn't be aiming for the backside much when the ramp is up.

You learn to pay attention to the ramp and try to capitalize on it.

Now even if you hit it from the back when it's up, the ramp comes down rather quickly especially with the newer code and only slightly delays the ball. Just about enough time to take a breath.

Also keep in mind, the ramp isn't up all the time and when it's not up it's a horseshoe (and I don't have SDTM problems). So you get a change in the physical shots which adds a lot IMO, it isn't always just a horseshoe.

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Simply put if that ramp is up, you should be aiming for it and not the horseshoe loop from the backside.

Not if you want to put up a big score. Star Wars is all about stacking and bringing the right modes in at the right time. Fundamentally, the death star shot is the hardest, so 99% of the time the people I know choose to light the Death Star Modes with the skill shot which then brings those forks up from the second the ball is launched. Strategically, you're better off lighting Hoth and other modes to bring in together before even considering starting a single mode, which means avoiding the death star shot entirely and hitting the right side of the horseshoe to try and light Hoth (which results in the ball being obstructed by the forks). It's especially important to try and have multiple modes running before hitting the death star shot for hyperspace multiball as this is one other great mechanic for getting through the modes quickly with high scores (those MB's raise the shot multiplier quickly).

#2129 6 years ago

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

I said the same thing when I replied to Stern’s FB Post.....wonder how long it will be until they ban me?????

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I suspect just before the release of the new Star Wars movie.

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Not if you want to put up a big score. Star Wars is all about stacking and bringing the right modes in at the right time. Fundamentally, the death star shot is the hardest, so 99% of the time the people I know choose to light the Death Star Modes with the skill shot which then brings those forks up from the second the ball is launched. Strategically, you're better off lighting Hoth and other modes to bring in together before even considering starting a single mode, which means avoiding the death star shot entirely and hitting the right side of the horseshoe to try and light Hoth (which results in the ball being obstructed by the forks). It's especially important to try and have multiple modes running before hitting the death star shot for hyperspace multiball as this is one other great mechanic for getting through the modes quickly with high scores (those MB's raise the shot multiplier quickly).

Hmm, you do have a point, I almost always have two modes going at once, but never once use the skill shot to light death star. It's an easy mode to light from the playfield when the forks aren't up (simply backhand). I usually choose Tattoine modes since they are harder for me to light consistently. Of course depends on what character I choose.

Funny there are so many different ways to play the game.

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Funny there are so many different ways to play the game.

It's one of the reasons I like it so much! and maybe one of the reasons it's hard for some to get into it - - too many options can be overwhelming for some folks. for a home game, I'd rather have choices like SW offers though!

#2134 6 years ago

Just curious... how many of you have actually made it to Jedi Multiball? It seems achievable, but man, I just can't quite get there. It'll probably be a while before I do.

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

It's one of the reasons I like it so much! and maybe one of the reasons it's hard for some to get into it - - too many options can be overwhelming for some folks. for a home game, I'd rather have choices like SW offers though!

I would agree! I find that pin players kind of go into two groups - ones who like lots of stuff to do/complex code options, eg, lotr, hobbit, got, sw etc. or guys who just like nice shooting simple games eg acdc, tron, met. I like playing the latter, but prefer the more complex end as they last longer especially in the home environment.

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Just curious... how many of you have actually made it to Jedi Multiball? It seems achievable, but man, I just can't quite get there. It'll probably be a while before I do.

For me it is far far away.

Quoted from libtech:

I would agree! I find that pin players kind of go into two groups - ones who like lots of stuff to do/complex code options, eg, lotr, hobbit, got, sw etc. or guys who just like nice shooting simple games eg acdc, tron, met. I like playing the latter, but prefer the more complex end as they last longer especially in the home environment.

I love this game and the hobbit!
But my other keeper games are AC/DC and Metallica ;P

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Ha! I feel the same way. Plus, I can’t seem to be able to blow up the Death Star.

#2138 6 years ago

It has been posted many times on how sensitive this pin is with respect to level and inclination, but it really can't be stated enough...

I've had SWPrem a little over a week now, and made real sure that this one was perfectly level left to right, and the bubble perfectly in the middle on the rail. It was kicking my tail with cheap outlane drains and center horseshoe SDTM. Adjusted the plunger rail to minimize the plunges off of the 3-bank to the left outlane which helped, but still....too many cheap drains. Playing 3 different SWPros' during leagues/tournaments I knew that mine was still off.

So yesterday evening broke out my standard small bubble level and electronic level. Checked left-to-right....perfect at the middle and bottom of playfield. Used the electronic level to check pitch: 6.3 between the flippers, 6.5 by the 3-bank. So I raised the rear of the pins 2-1/2 turns on the rear leg levelers. Still level L-to-R, flipper pitch now 6.4, 3-bank 6.7. Played a couple of games, ramps noticeably harder to make, but ball definitely was bouncing more vertically, and the horseshoe was going to the flippers more. Backed off the rear levelers one turn and tried again......found the sweet spot!!! Ramps very doable, hyperspace fork still shootable, horizontal bounces, horseshoe SDTM, and outlane drains much improved.....

I've had several dozen pins come thru my possession the last 20 years, and this is *definitely* the most finicky to level correctly..........but what a blast too play!!! I play 6 or so games in SWPrem, and then play LOTR. Playing LOTR after SWPrem feels like a stroll in the park after running wind sprints (back when I could run wind sprints).....

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

So yesterday evening broke out my standard small bubble level and electronic level

I am old school . I use a simple bubble level the is like a pen you could wear on shirt pocket . I have been wanting a digital or electronic level for pinball . What is the best type/brand to get And where do I purchase it from ? Thanks a million.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm very curious to see what this topper will be and hopefully worth the wait. In addition to any other little items they have (side art, shooter rod? etc.).

The Stern state of the union post mentions that it will be near the holiday season. Does that mean the US Thanksgiving holiday in November or Christmas or Hanukkah in December or Holi next March or Ramadan next May?!?!

Ready by the holidays means nothing unless they state which religious faith they follow for their releases. My head is going to explode!

#2141 6 years ago

Any idea where this plastic piece belongs? The scre was at the Right lane and plastic piece by pop bumbers

B15A8F6D-7668-48FB-904B-6F40E6D41019 (resized).jpegB15A8F6D-7668-48FB-904B-6F40E6D41019 (resized).jpeg

A2A504FA-D51D-4017-8BFB-4485953AC484 (resized).jpegA2A504FA-D51D-4017-8BFB-4485953AC484 (resized).jpeg

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Any idea where this plastic piece belongs? The scre was at the Right lane and plastic piece by pop bumbers

Attached to the screen base as shown below.

A6DDAA26-FAE6-4E00-BAC9-FB1FC4B73D73 (resized).jpegA6DDAA26-FAE6-4E00-BAC9-FB1FC4B73D73 (resized).jpeg

#2143 6 years ago

Your holding it in the correct location, it sits behind the playfield LCD, angled down towards the backboard, to prevent balls from getting on top of the plastic behind the LCD.

#2144 6 years ago

Thank you! Talked to Chas at Stern and he’s sending an entire new piece with screws. Great customer service

#2145 6 years ago

I️ see the attachment holes upon further investigation

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I'm very curious to see what this topper will be and hopefully worth the wait. In addition to any other little items they have (side art, shooter rod? etc.). The Stern state of the union post mentions that it will be near the holiday season. Does that mean the US Thanksgiving holiday in November or Christmas or Hanukkah in December or Holi next March or Ramadan next May?!?! Ready by the holidays means nothing unless they state which religious faith they follow for their releases. My head is going to explode!

In the US, "the Holidays" has a specific meaning: the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Years period (early December-early January). So if you're hoping to see that topper at Thanksgiving (whether Canadian or US), you're probably out of luck.

#2147 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Maybe taking a while to go through the back and forth approval with Disney.

#2148 6 years ago

Also explains the annoying rattle heard every time the shaker motor activates

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In the US, "the Holidays" has a specific meaning: the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Years period (early December-early January). So if you're hoping to see that topper at Thanksgiving (whether Canadian or US), you're probably out of luck.

Agreed. I think it will be around the release of the new Star Wars movie.

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Also explains the annoying rattle heard every time the shaker motor activates

the glass perhaps, Take the glass off and put thin tape on the sides all the way up the length of it to keep the glass from vibrating . Have fun with the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/43?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.