IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 301.
#2051 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So curious on SW when you beat Boba Fett, what are your Boba Fett mode scores like? I'm guessing I need to really try and dial in the playfield multiplier while playing since I'm only getting about 50-60 mil and I didn't even crack the default high score.

I crank in a few hundred million on Boba Fett in this short video with the multipliers

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Love that light on the front of the cabinet! Speaker lights too. Those are seriously awesome.
On a group note...
It's been a while since any talk of strategy, and mind you I'm not the best player so all the help the better, but I was trying out different characters and paths, and i found one particular character/path that really moved me along on getting planets!!! .....
This game is so addictive.. it really is so hard to walk away from!!!

Absolutly !!

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So curious on SW when you beat Boba Fett, what are your Boba Fett mode scores like? I'm guessing I need to really try and dial in the playfield multiplier while playing since I'm only getting about 50-60 mil and I didn't even crack the default high score.

Posted before, but just too proud of this baby. 20171007_203828 (resized).jpg20171007_203828 (resized).jpg

#2054 6 years ago

The 3 Yoda's I saw tonight got hard candy.

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

The 3 Yoda's I saw tonight got hard candy.

Oh man that's seriously hilarious. Little do they know it wasn't their costume but it this amazing pinball machine sitting inside your house.

#2056 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked already but planning on getting a premium in the next few day.

Did I read they have two of the original songs in the game?

Has anyone tried fiddling with pinball browser to change anything out?

#2057 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sorry if this has been asked already but planning on getting a premium in the next few day.

There are at least three that I've noticed (tough to tell when you're busy trying to keep your eye on the ball). The John Williams music is prevalent enough in the game that you won't feel like you need to load any more. They really work well with the game play (especially the TIE fighter mode!).

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are at least three that I've noticed (tough to tell when you're busy trying to keep your eye on the ball). The John Williams music is prevalent enough in the game that you won't feel like you need to load any more. They really work well with the game play (especially the TIE fighter mode!).

Cool, that’s what I was hoping to hear!

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Cool, that’s what I was hoping to hear!

I live to make people happy.

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is a pinball browser thread from a while back - I think it also works with the Premium but I am not sure: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-pro-sound-replacement-v-089

#2061 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed - I was a little bummed to read they didn’t have full access to the movie scores, but they make excellent use of what they got and the new music written for the game works very well. I may check out the pinball browser score just for fun someday, but the music on this game is great as is.

#2062 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed - I was a little bummed to read they didn’t have full access to the movie scores, but they make excellent use of what they got and the new music written for the game works very well. I May check out the pinball browser score just for sun someday, but the music on this game is great as is.

True! the only music I don't think fits for some reason is during the end of ball count up

Also I think it would be cool if after video scenes the transition would be like how they cut scenes in the first movies by running a line from top to bottom separating the video if that makes sense?

#2063 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

True! the only music I don't think fits for some reason is during the end of ball count up
Also I think it would be cool if after video scenes the transition would be like how they cut scenes in the first movies by running a line from top to bottom separating the video if that makes sense?

That would be awesome - they use a couple of different styles of wipes in the movies. Would be cool if those could be integrated into the game!

#2064 6 years ago

With the full John William score it sounds better...

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

With the full John William score it sounds better...
» YouTube video

WOW!

#2066 6 years ago

In general, the music and sound package is fantastic by default. They did a nice job.

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In general, the music and sound package is fantastic by default. They did a nice job.

Most of the music Stern did is pretty good, but there's 1 particular tune I don't like. I think it's Hoth 2.

Rob

#2068 6 years ago

Today i received my NIB premium, production August 2017. i noticed that the goody bag has a post assembly. Anyone knows why this is supplied ?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Today i received my NIB premium, production August 2017. i noticed that the goody bag has a post assembly. Anyone knows why this is supplied ?

Not positive, but is that for the weirdos that like to add a bounce-back post between the flippers?

#2070 6 years ago

Maybe that's the post that they don't use on the premium/LE models...the one next to the FORCE targets that is on the pro. Don't know why they'd put it in the bag, though.

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe that's the post that they don't use on the premium/LE models...the one next to the FORCE targets that is on the pro. Don't know why they'd put it in the bag, though.

No it's not. Steve Ritchie posted that on his FB before. Don't know what it's for either though.

#2072 6 years ago

It’s a mystery post?

#2073 6 years ago

I'm sure it's listed somewhere in the features matrix as an added feature for the premium/LE.

#2074 6 years ago

Goodie bag for my Pro has a post like that in it also.

#2075 6 years ago

Maybe it is just an extra outlane post? Because they are in there so tight when you remove it and it shoots in the air and gets lost....

#2076 6 years ago

Did they release a topper yet??

#2077 6 years ago

Nope, nor the side art.

#2078 6 years ago

Stern ever going to sell accessories for this machine?

Blades, topper, armor, anything?

#2079 6 years ago

I have a few of my own mods / accessories coming out this month. First picture in dim light in my game room, second picture lights on.
The Star destroyer will be offered along with the xwing but the focal point will be the LE Panels. We have the panels available now for Aerosmith, TNA will be game three for this mod.

We are making a few adjustments to the SWLE rails and taking preorders now (no money down).
[email protected]

20171102_222337_resized (resized).jpg20171102_222337_resized (resized).jpg

20171102_222439_resized (resized).jpg20171102_222439_resized (resized).jpg

#2080 6 years ago

I messaged stern about the game blades and topper a couple days ago, and just got a response:

“Hi there, yes we do plan on this, the business process behind their release is taking longer than anticipated. Thanks for the message and stay tuned!”

So it seems like Disney/lucas is complicating things once again... but I’m sure we will see them soon.

#2081 6 years ago

Stern announced planned code update for SW on the Stern of the Union Address:

Star Wars – The team has outlined a path to 1.0 final code with the hopes of release early December. In addition to bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech, here’s a sneak peek at some of the content we have planned:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han’s bonus increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.

#2082 6 years ago
Quoted from KidSmitty:

Stern announced planned code update for SW on the Stern of the Union Address:
Star Wars – The team has outlined a path to 1.0 final code with the hopes of release early December. In addition to bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech, here’s a sneak peek at some of the content we have planned:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han’s bonus increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.

Thanks for the heads-up. For those looking for the full link, here you go:

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

20171028_224020 (resized).jpg20171028_224020 (resized).jpg

#2083 6 years ago

Oh, sorry didn't mean to post that pic, but screw it, I'll leave it there anyways. My Star Wars Pro next to his older brother, Atari Star Wars.

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Oh, sorry didn't mean to post that pic, but screw it, I'll leave it there anyways. My Star Wars Pro next to his older brother, Atari Star Wars.

I'm glad you posted it! What a great game!

In this era of multicades and emulators and consoles, that is one of the few arcade originals I'd love to have.

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm glad you posted it! What a great game!
In this era of multicades and emulators and consoles, that is one of the few arcade originals I'd love to have.

Thanks. Yeah it’s the one arcade game in the game room I’ll never get rid of. You just can’t duplicate the feel of that that yoke controller. Plus... it’s Star Wars. LOL

#2086 6 years ago

Here's a quick question for folks, maybe just pro owners (or premium/LE). On code 0.93 I've noticed when I start a new game and when I shoot the left ramp before I have qualified Endor, the ball returning and hitting the switch on the left inlane triggers no sound in the game, even though it lights up the insert properly. Once i start any other mode, or whatever it seems to trigger a sound normally with the left ramp shot returning to the inlane and hitting that switch. also, If i have the ball go through the left inlane without doing the left ramp shot first, it triggers the sound correctly in the same scenario where Endor is not yet qualified. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, or something flooky is happening with my game. I've tested the switch, its all working correctly, so no issues there. also played with the glass off a bit and I convinced this is just a small code issue. Its not a game breaking issue, but just kind of caught my attention when i was expecting a sound to trigger.

Edit: I just tracked down a few videos on YouTube that had gameplay and saw the same behaviour, so I know this is not a problem with the game, but something in the code for whatever reason. Non Issue really. Just an observation.

#2087 6 years ago

I’m a fan of apron lights on my Stern machines, and after seeing how the GI lights operated I thought this would be cool.

A037AD66-461C-4531-BC9C-B801B26F487B (resized).jpegA037AD66-461C-4531-BC9C-B801B26F487B (resized).jpeg

I put the white behind the white GI, blue behind the blue (and of course the red in the center), and connected them to the associated color GI. This way even the apron lights do the same light show as the GI. I like it

You can’t really tell it from the video, but the strip colors do dim with the GI.

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s a mystery post?

26D0ABD2-B5C7-424E-9A4F-FBC224B899C2 (resized).jpeg26D0ABD2-B5C7-424E-9A4F-FBC224B899C2 (resized).jpeg

#2089 6 years ago

Haven't seen that post before.

#2090 6 years ago

Looks good @jdpilot. Can you post some pics or video from the player's perspective?

#2091 6 years ago

Absolutely. I’m out at the moment but will do that when I get home this weekend.

#2092 6 years ago

Does anyone know what jedi rank does, besides being a requirement that you need for the wizard mode?

Rob

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone know what jedi rank does, besides being a requirement that you need for the wizard mode?
Rob

After each increase in rank the jedi targets increase in value. Once you become a jedi master each target it worth quite-a-bit...but I'm blanking on how much (2.5 million?)

#2094 6 years ago

She's here.....looks as a NIB pin should......no problems to be found so far, except the code was at .89. Shipped from Stern Monday, arrived at our local dealer today for my pickup. Manufacture date 10/12/17...

IMG_5688 (resized).JPGIMG_5688 (resized).JPG

IMG_5689 (resized).JPGIMG_5689 (resized).JPG

IMG_5695 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).JPG

IMG_5704 (resized).JPGIMG_5704 (resized).JPG

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

She's here.....looks as a NIB pin should......no problems to be found so far, except the code was at .89. Shipped from Stern Monday, arrived at our local dealer today for my pickup. Manufacture date 10/12/17...

Congrats! Love the MM, LOTR and SW combo.

And stay here for SW info. Don't even bother getting into other threads that mention the pin or Stern in general for that matter. A lot of folks think complaining means you love pinball. I don't believe that.

SW is different and super fun. I can't stop playing it like all my other friends who own it. Love it!

You are in a safe place.

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! Love the MM, LOTR and SW combo.
And stay here for SW info. Don't even bother getting into other threads that mention the pin or Stern in general for that matter. A lot of folks think complaining means you love pinball. I don't believe that.
SW is different and super fun. I can't stop playing it like all my other friends who own it. Love it!
You are in a safe place.

Agreed! SW is an amazing game and there is no reason not to love it.

#2097 6 years ago

Great lineup !

#2098 6 years ago

My pop and daughter enjoying SW Prem

23484894_10215100875537089_1582969888_o (resized).jpg23484894_10215100875537089_1582969888_o (resized).jpg

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

My pop and daughter enjoying SW Prem

Family fun. Doesn't get any better.

#2100 6 years ago

Needed some Apron Cards for my new Premium, so I played around some and came up with these. Thought some of y'all might want to use them as well...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.