IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 301.
#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners, does this game have enough depth to stay around a long time? I like games that have enough wizard modes that I'll most likely never see everything, especially one last wizard mode. That was my only concern with a game like AS, it seems somewhat shallow on rules. Just curious what all is in SW.

I think so. I have only a couple pins and have about 1000 plays on SW premium. Not even close to tired of it, and have not seen all modes yet...I'm not a great player though.

#2002 6 years ago

Found one on location at our local tavern. I played it a half dozen times or so and want to go back and play more! I think it has potential. Yeah its a little empty but it was fun. Is this a Pro or Premium?

Edit: Oh its the premium, sweet! Suspect I'll be dropping A LOT of quarters in this game

9d8e4700-8c10-4f4e-b9e1-dd3f734a1e98 (resized).jpg9d8e4700-8c10-4f4e-b9e1-dd3f734a1e98 (resized).jpg

#2003 6 years ago

My wife and I have over 1200 games on our LE and we're both in love with this game. The little lady regularly beats me and I ENJOY IT!!! V0.93.0 has been solid for us (133 games) and unlike my wife I love the video mode. I've read a lot of complaints here and I can't help but think it's a generational thing...I just can't imagine a pinball being any more fun than this.

However, this enjoyment comes at a price...I pity the poor little bastard that shows up Halloween night in a Yoda costume. He won't have a prayer.

#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners, does this game have enough depth to stay around a long time? I like games that have enough wizard modes that I'll most likely never see everything, especially one last wizard mode. That was my only concern with a game like AS, it seems somewhat shallow on rules. Just curious what all is in SW.

Yes. There's a ton to do on this game, and different ways to do it, much like on GOT. Good luck getting to Jedi Multiball, much less completing Boba Fett (which I've done), Lightsaber Duel (which I haven't), or blowing up the Death Star.

I'm fairly certain this game will never leave my collection. (I've learned not to say anything is bolted to the floor.)

#2005 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with their Start button? I have the machine set to Free Play and I have to press the Start button 10 or more times before it will start a game. Sometimes I have to hold it in. I can press the action button and the game will start just fine. Curious if I have an actual issue or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks - Mike.

#2006 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Anyone having issues with their Start button? I have the machine set to Free Play and I have to press the Start button 10 or more times before it will start a game. Sometimes I have to hold it in. I can press the action button and the game will start just fine. Curious if I have an actual issue or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks - Mike.

There’s a setting where you have to press the start button 10 times to start a game. It’s to prevent snot nosed kids from button mashing and starting 4 player games all the time.

Kidding. I’m sure is a bad connection at the start switch. Pop the hood and take a look. Put the game in switch test too after you mess with it to test it.

#2007 6 years ago

Thanks. All the connections are solid and the the switch is positioned correctly and not popped out or anything like that. I’ll have to go into the switch matrix and see what it’s doing. Probably could have done that already, but since the switch is working, albeit intermittently, I didn’t do that yet.

#2008 6 years ago

Fixed it. The microswitch was bad. Using the switch matrix, when the switch was pressed, it would either work or not and when it did, it would trigger multiple times with one press. Installed a new microswitch and it works every time with one trigger per press. Thanks.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Fixed it. The microswitch was bad. Using the switch matrix, when the switch was pressed, it would either work or not and when it did, it would trigger multiple times with one press. Installed a new microswitch and it works every time with one trigger per press. Thanks.

Glad you got it fixed. I actually had an issue with my start button a few days ago, but mine had just popped loose, so the button wasn’t hitting the switch consistently.

#2010 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Um, I'll probably never do it all in one game. I still haven't destroyed the damn death star on my premium yet. I'm popping a bottle of champagne the day I do though! I've only beaten Bobba Fett a couple times, haven't won the lightsaber duel (although that's new).

The final wizard mode is probably unattainable for me and I'm an above average player, but I don't play it every day. In a single game I can probably only get half way to the final wizard mode. I suppose if I played just to get to the final mode it'd be easier, but I tend to try using the multipliers a lot to get the higher scores which distracts you from the other goals, but is to lucrative to ignore completely.

If it was the only machine you had I'd think you could get further along, but I believe it will have a lot more staying power with the player path options, the bonuses and the final wizard mode. AS is a great game and GB is a lot of fun, but both will leave my place before SW. Although neither of those are leaving to soon...

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I can backhand my premium Death Star. Make sure your game is at 6.5 degrees and perfectly level side to side. This is a very picky game to be set up properly. Poor set up will definitely kill game play.

Thanks for the tip. I was at 7 degrees. The first game after lowering the rear legs scored almost 600 million and made the Death Star from both flippers. Thanks again.

#2012 6 years ago

Have had my premium for about three weeks now - still haven't destroyed the Death Star. Ugh!

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Thanks for the tip. I was at 7 degrees. The first game after lowering the rear legs scored almost 600 million and made the Death Star from both flippers. Thanks again.

That is a great tip! That little bit of difference makes a huge change apparently.

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Have had my premium for about three weeks now - still haven't destroyed the Death Star. Ugh!

Me as well and I have had mine for about 6 weeks. I am getting better though. I have started the death star mode multiball but have not landed the shot to destroy it.

#2015 6 years ago

What is the final wizard mode and is it programmed into game yet?

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What is the final wizard mode and is it programmed into game yet?

Fight against Emperor it is in there, but don‘t know if it‘s the real Final Mode. Watch 22:45

#2017 6 years ago

My friend came over tonight and put the GC score up on my newly-coded machine. Bastard. He finished the lightsaber duel and saw a bunch of other great stuff in the game. Then he told me that he was seriously considering cancelling his POTC CE order from JJP.

But nobody wants to believe how much fun this game is.

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My friend came over tonight and put the GC score up on my newly-coded machine. Bastard. He finished the lightsaber duel and saw a bunch of other great stuff in the game. Then he told me that he was seriously considering cancelling his POTC CE order from JJP.

The haters will move on, and this game will show its true colors. This is a great pin...one. more. play.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nice .. I will take both! Pirates looks bad ass! We will see!

#2020 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nice .. I will take both! Pirates looks bad ass! We will see!

POTC is a gorgeous game to be sure. His concern was the slower nature of a widebody, although POTC is about as fast as a widebody gets. He loved the speed and lighting effects of SW. It also helps that my machine is tweaked out with a sound system that makes it sound like a movie theater, and makes the game pretty friggin' immersive. The whole room vibrates during the explosion in the match sequence. So it's a little unfair, really.

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which reminds me, I still need to hook up a sub in this game. I'll have to rummage around and see if I have some wire to do that. I do have the sub though, sitting in the back of my 4Runner.

Rob

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Which reminds me, I still need to hook up a sub in this game. I'll have to rummage around and see if I have some wire to do that. I do have the sub though, sitting in the back of my 4Runner.
Rob

Use the Pinnovators hookup. It's worth the $30 or whatever it was.

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

POTC is a gorgeous game to be sure. His concern was the slower nature of a widebody, although POTC is about as fast as a widebody gets. He loved the speed and lighting effects of SW. It also helps that my machine is tweaked out with a sound system that makes it sound like a movie theater, and makes the game pretty friggin' immersive. The whole room vibrates during the explosion in the match sequence. So it's a little unfair, really.

Do you have a shaker in your game?

Rob

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Does a bear shit in the woods?

#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Shaker in my SW Prem for a few days now - adds a great new edge to the experience.

#2026 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Do one legged ducks swim in circles?

#2027 6 years ago

I joined the club this week!

IMG_4481 (resized).JPGIMG_4481 (resized).JPG

#2028 6 years ago

Running .93, had this issue for the first time.
Playing R2D2 tie fighter multiball.
Had two balls left then all of the sudden both flippers no response ( I do not have my tilt bob in so it did not tilt).
Left side flasher behind the drop targets flashing.
Looked up at the display and the Star Destroyer had little explosions various places but a still picture just for a moment.
Balls had drained and I put my name in (it had went to game over mode it was ball three).
Attempted to start another game no coils, Force lights under the inserts were cycling very dim and flasher behind them blinking but no coils. I could here the flipper sounds so the switches were working.
Went directly to coil test and cycled coils nothing. Powered down machine and back on, booted but still no coils.
Removed balls lifted playfield found nothing obvious put playfield back in place.
Turned off machine opened back box and cycled power back on all lights on MPU came on normally, and the machine booted normally. Pressed start and it searched for the balls so the coils were back on.
Played by hand making sure hyper loop worked and it does.
Anyone else have this issue?

When there are multiple balls going in the hyper loop, does anyone else think the power has been backed down.
Once I have three balls going after about two to three rounds the balls do not have enough momentum and back down the ramp and drop in front of the flippers.

#2029 6 years ago

Just unpacked mine, plugged it in, then played a few games and walked away to take care of a few things. While in attract mode, the fan started whirring loudly for a minute or so, then stopped. I've heard it do this twice now. Is this normal? This is my first Stern, so I'm not sure if this is expected. A little worried now.

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Just unpacked mine, plugged it in, then played a few games and walked away to take care of a few things. While in attract mode, the fan started whirring loudly for a minute or so, then stopped. I've heard it do this twice now. Is this normal? This is my first Stern, so I'm not sure if this is expected. A little worried now.

This is also our first NIB and I noticed the same thing. It’s a lot louder than I was expecting and was curious if this is normal.

#2031 6 years ago

The loud fan is normal. Some have complained about it, but it doesn't bother me much. My GOT also has a loud fan, so no worries.

#2032 6 years ago

I changed the fan in my KISS pro - night and day difference.

#2033 6 years ago

I have decided to go with the Star Wars LE .. I will not pick it up until Christmas .

Now the count down begins!

Thanks www.pinballs.com

#2034 6 years ago

Hello from France ..
Some pictures of my first "mods"

20171021_142449 (resized).jpg20171021_142449 (resized).jpg

20171021_142507 (resized).jpg20171021_142507 (resized).jpg

20171021_142612 (resized).jpg20171021_142612 (resized).jpg

20171021_143113 (resized).jpg20171021_143113 (resized).jpg

20171021_142651 (resized).jpg20171021_142651 (resized).jpg

20171029_113034 (resized).jpg20171029_113034 (resized).jpg

20171021_143826 (resized).jpg20171021_143826 (resized).jpg

20171021_143354 (resized).jpg20171021_143354 (resized).jpg

20171029_113225 (resized).jpg20171029_113225 (resized).jpg

20171029_113219 (resized).jpg20171029_113219 (resized).jpg

#2035 6 years ago

In case anyoneis interested in a signature plate protector for the LE - I am having the minimum batch size made and will have leftovers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56069

IMG_20171028_134616-min (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_134616-min (resized).jpg

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

Hello from France

fe9d953c8dc8edccde5ad7dec9bdf039--vagina-penis (resized).jpgfe9d953c8dc8edccde5ad7dec9bdf039--vagina-penis (resized).jpg

#2037 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

It's a really good sign that you are hearing this as the newer Sterns have a built in sensor that reads the board temps. When they get to a certain temperature the fans are turned on and expel the hot air away from them and out of the cabinet. It's like your csr's thermostats and when the fans turn on even after you park the car.

If you don't hear them ever kick in on your Stern then this should be of concern. Congrats on your new game, it's an amazing pinball machine!

#2038 6 years ago

Hi all,
I was hoping someone could give some insight on this. I was playing a 2 player game with a buddy last night and noticed the pin would automatically choose the character and reward for the second player when it was his turn. Is this normal? Or maybe a setting?

Thanks in advance!

#2039 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It's a really good sign that you are hearing this as the newer Sterns have a built in sensor that reads the board temps. When they get to a certain temperature the fans are turned on and expel the hot air away from them and out of the cabinet. It's like your csr's thermostats and when the fans turn on even after you park the car.
If you don't hear them ever kick in on your Stern then this should be of concern. Congrats on your new game, it's an amazing pinball machine!

Some days ago I analyzed this, when looking at replacing the fan because of the noise. The stock configuration I recorded a few times with the audio recorder and compared. you can see that after switchng the pinball on, the fan will fire up for the first time after about 25-30 minutes, run for 80 seconds and make a pause of 640 seconds. annoying but normal, see attached photo. The fan noise is the regular smaller blocks in the image.

I ended up replacing it with a 60mm fan, using a custom 3d printed 40 to 60 mm fan adapter and a fan that would deliver the same volume of air with less rpm. Now it's absolutely silent.

If you're in Europe, I can provide the fan adapter part.

Duty Cycles (resized).JPGDuty Cycles (resized).JPG
IMG_20171029_100222-min (resized).jpgIMG_20171029_100222-min (resized).jpg

#2040 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Some days ago I analyzed this, when looking at replacing the fan because of the noise. The stock configuration I recorded a few times with the audio recorder and compared. you can see that after switchng the pinball on, the fan will fire up for the first time after about 25-30 minutes, run for 80 seconds and make a pause of 640 seconds. annoying but normal, see attached photo. The fan noise is the regular smaller blocks in the image.
I ended up replacing it with a 60mm fan, using a custom 3d printed 40 to 60 mm fan adapter and a fan that would deliver the same volume of air with less rpm. Now it's absolutely silent.
If you're in Europe, I can provide the fan adapter part.

Wow that is impressive that you were able to get the fan noise eliminated. I have a 3D printer too.

#2041 6 years ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

Hello from France ..
Some pictures of my first "mods"

Love that light on the front of the cabinet! Speaker lights too. Those are seriously awesome.

On a group note...
It's been a while since any talk of strategy, and mind you I'm not the best player so all the help the better, but I was trying out different characters and paths, and i found one particular character/path that really moved me along on getting planets!!! .....

I chose Han and light Tatooine (starts with 2 Tatooine, 2 Hoth, 2 Endor). I then went for Hoth x 3 shots which lit the asteroid field (and you can't die/drain there, whew)...when released I went for Hoth again, which lights the Hoth planet MB plus Tatooine II...by the time you wrap up the Hoth MB the Endor shot is ready, and when you hit the left ramp/Endor, I picked Endor III and Tatooine MB...and by the time the Tatooine MB is wrapped up, Endor is ready for its planet MB.
During all this time, with all the multiballs, I get the Tie fighter MB and set up for LSD, which may or may not be completed and likely hyperspace MB. When and if I drain during this stratagy, which im good at, I chose light Death Star modes, which gets that mode shot ready...
Anyway, just an observation to stack up MB after MB after MB, which is such a rush.
This game is so addictive.. it really is so hard to walk away from!!!

#2042 6 years ago

Yeah this is the strat we use in this area. Haven’t seen anything else that’s more advantageous.

#2043 6 years ago

Thanks for the fan help, everyone. One more Stern newbie question for you.

How do you actually move the outlane pin down a notch to narrow it down? I took the nut out from underneath, but still doesn't budge. I'm admittedly being extremely careful and not using much force, so maybe I'm just being too delicate?

#2044 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

How do you actually move the outlane pin down a notch to narrow it down? I took the nut out from underneath, but still doesn't budge. I'm admittedly being extremely careful and not using much force, so maybe I'm just being too delicate?

Use the force!

#2045 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Loosen the nut, pull the post out to the top. Put it back in the lower hole. It does require gentle force because the clearcoat on the edge narrows the hole a bit.

#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Don't worry, you will get used to the fan. You will play this dang game so much, eventually you will be happy it's there to help keep this thing cool!

As above, to move the left outlane post, lift the playfield to rest it on the front, wrench to the nut beneath the playfield while unscrew with driver from on top, may need to spin the post a couple times with the driver carefully to loosen it a bit but it will come right out. Not sure, but this may differ between premium and pro. Re-insert post to inner/lower hole that's predrilled. Tighten, but not too crazy with it...it won't go anywhere. Congrats on the new game. It's awesome and seriously addictive!!

#2047 6 years ago

Getting the left outlane post up and out can be tricky with the left return ramp right above it. I had to unscrew the ramp from the sling so I could lift the ramp up a little bit to get the post in and out.

#2048 6 years ago

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Enjoy your time in the states! Let your friends back home know we're not so bad...some of us anyway. Lol.

My wife and I love visiting the USA! We have visited many times. Pinball people are all fantastic and we always have a great time.

#2050 6 years ago

So curious on SW when you beat Boba Fett, what are your Boba Fett mode scores like? I'm guessing I need to really try and dial in the playfield multiplier while playing since I'm only getting about 50-60 mil and I didn't even crack the default high score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.