• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,258 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8390 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 168.
#1951 2 years ago

What is the real deal on the play of the Pro vs LE?

I did not read this thread in full, I am thinking of a christmas purchase and have not played the premium/LE.

I did find the pro fast/fun.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

...I did not read this thread in full.

Then do it. People have different opinions and nobody can give you a concise and representative executive summary. I know it's cumbersome, but there's really no way around it.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

Then do it. People have different opinions and nobody can give you a concise and representative executive summary. I know it's cumbersome, but there's really no way around it.

So I guess I am just looking for a short opinionated reply in regards to the shots PRO vs LE for those that have played both.

Also looking for a helpful opinion in regards to the flow of both games.

Time to start reading!

#1954 2 years ago

Honestly, there is no consistent opinion.

Some say the pro has better flow, because the ramp doesn't interrupt the horseshoe-shot. Others like that interruption, because it gives the player a break.

Some say the LE/PREM looks much better and the hyperloop is the thrill, others say it adds no real component to the game and does nothing.

--> Everyone is actually right. what weights heavier is highly personal.

I own an LE and would agree with all above points. I am becoming slightly annoyed with the insane difficulty of the game. I suppose that applies to both. Probably I just suck as a player. Likely I do. Surely my guests do and they don't have that addiction, which they had to STTNG.

If I were to buy a NIB again, I would probably place a bet on a different machine ( which I hope MIGHT be made ). Monster Bash Remake. Just because of difficulty.

#1955 2 years ago

Honestly, there is no consistent opinion.
Some say the pro has better flow, because the ramp doesn't interrupt the horseshoe-shot. Others like that interruption, because it gives the player a break.
Some say the LE/PREM looks much better and the hyperloop is the thrill, others say it adds no real component to the game and does nothing.
--> Everyone is actually right. what weights heavier is highly personal.
I own an LE and would agree with all above points. I am becoming slightly annoyed with the insane difficulty of the game. I suppose that applies to both. Probably I just suck as a player. Likely I do. Surely my guests do and they don't have that addiction, which they had to STTNG.
If I were to buy a NIB again, I would probably place a bet on a different machine ( which I hope MIGHT be made ). Monster Bash Remake. Just because of difficulty.

Thanks for you opinion.. Is there anything in the setting that would ajust the difficulty of the game?

#1956 2 years ago

From a hardware POV you can move the posts that define the width of the outlane entrances. There are holes in place to do this. It is intended to be done. No drilling or anything like that. Thats a geometry change, but the difficulty remains high because it doesn't do much to the STDMs.

In Software there are settings for
- auto-plunger strength to reduce the number of drains without flipper contact.
- mystery hole eject strength. This serves to avoid STDM from the eject and also to gain control.
- Ball save times. these can be set differently for different events aka multiaballs etc.

The latter doesn't do much for me because to me personally, a lost ball still feels lost, even if it is replaced.

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I recommend mirror blades on this game also ,very nice

I'm going to wait and see what sort of art blades Stern (or others) may produce first. But I agree, they do look nice on a SW machine!

#1958 2 years ago

From a hardware POV you can move the posts that define the width of the outlane entrances. There are holes in place to do this. It is intended to be done. No drilling or anything like that. Thats a geometry change, but the difficulty remains high because it doesn't do much to the STDMs.
In Software there are settings for
- auto-plunger strength to reduce the number of drains without flipper contact.
- mystery hole eject strength. This serves to avoid STDM from the eject and also to gain control.
- Ball save times. these can be set differently for different events aka multiaballs etc.
The latter doesn't do much for me because to me personally, a lost ball still feels lost, even if it is replaced.

If you’re getting SDTM drains from the mystery hole eject that can also be adjusted (physically adjust the mechanism, or change the eject power in settings).

#1959 2 years ago

Is this game really that frustrating for most people?

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

To north amaricans I would sound much more frustrated than I am. PArtically cultural, partiallly me. It's a narrow line between "advertising my purchase" and "wining".

It's a great game for great players. I amsStill working on my skills with this one hoping to meet the machine on eye level one day. Not yet ready to walk away. But ATM both options are possible. Ask me again in 6 months :b :b

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I find it very challenging but not necessarily frustrating, and due to that challenge I see it being a keeper. I find games with cheap drains frustrating and on my home SW Pro I don't have any cheap drains. If any one is getting SDTM drains from the horseshoe or the scoop I highly recommend doing some adjustment work - - when the game is built as designed you shouldn't have many, if any of those types of drains.

#1962 2 years ago

.93 loaded, new ramp power board installed and 20 games in. Just an update and Stern had me fixed up in under a week.

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

.93 loaded, new ramp power board installed and 20 games in. Just an update and Stern had me fixed up in under a week.

Awesome. Now if only you knew somebody who makes light-up side armor...

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So I guess I am just looking for a short opinionated reply in regards to the shots PRO vs LE for those that have played both.
Time to start reading!

I was playing the pro a bunch on location, and enjoying it through the summer. Though, Pinside gossip had me worried about the Premium I had on order.

My Premium arrived a couple of weeks ago, and yes it plays tougher. (Could also be that I set it a bit steeper).

BUT ... WOW ... That machine has ONE MORE PLAY written all over it. Hyperspace Multi-Ball with the Hyper Loop may appear (BOM wise) to not be worth it's price if you melted all that metal railing down ... but the experience you get from it is Priceless! Yes. I said it. The Hyper Loop is well integrated and such a rush.

Seriously. Those doubting the Premium/LE, go play one.

I know a lot of friends who had written SW off because of all the recent stern bashing. Every one of them, after playing my Premium, has a new opinion. They all Love it! It is pure Fast Fun!

Finally, I played that location Pro last night for the first time since being a Premium owner. It was still fun, but some of the soul was sucked out without being able to engage the Hyper Loop. That Shot might give you a break once in a while from the speed of the game, but it doesn't slow the game down. In fact it keeps the ball in motion and is one of the most Satisfying shots in all of pinball that I have EVER experienced. It is that much of a game changer! And when you put a 2nd ball in there during Hyperspace M-Ball ... Pure Ruuuush!!! The machine begins to move in your hands (like the spinning car on Indy 500). And when you get 3 in the loop, you really feel it! Visceral!

#1965 2 years ago

FYI Stern offered to replace my ghosted pro PF from the very first run. I’ve had the new one in a couple of weeks and it’s really nice. It’s clear coated on both sides, which I’ve not seen on a Stern PF before.

Played at least a hundred plays and not a sliver. On my old one it started after maybe ten games, so it would appear they have resolved the issue. Still have not made it to Jedi multiball yet but getting close!

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. Now if only you knew somebody who makes light-up side armor...

I should have these installed and pre sign ups ready by the 10th.
They will be on the web site with other cosmetic add ons by the 11th.

#1967 2 years ago

frankmac

I have the Pro and enjoy it very much. I played the LE/Prem at Expo. I remarked to my son the loop felt like Nascar got mixed into the game. If you like that fine. But for me the Pro is enough. Either version is great. Buy what you like. If budget is a consideration at all you'll enjoy the Pro. If you like to add another feature and money isn't a huge concern LE is nice choice too. You will be happy with either.

Side note : Sold my Nascar the day before visiting Expo and came home with an Aerosmith off the show floor. Enjoying it also. (Excellent game. Nice different game to sit near Star Wars ) Hence the Nascar comment. Put a bunch of good bye laps on Nascar before it went down the road. The track loop was fresh in my mind - got a flash back playing the SW with hyperloop.

#1968 2 years ago

Art is subjective, the only real difference is the hyperloop, if thats worth the cash to you then get the prem.

#1969 2 years ago

The Hoth right inner loop shot on the Pro is the most satisfying shot in the game to me. The ball whips around smooth and fast right back to the flipper and feels great every time. Not sure if this is different on the Premium/LE, but if it is, I would miss it.

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Not sure if this is different on the Premium/LE, but if it is, I would miss it.

it's different when the hyper drive jump ramp is up to start hyper loop or death star missions. this results in hitting the backside of the ramp, waiting 1 second, and the ramp lowers to dribble the ball back to the flipper.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

frankmac
I have the Pro and enjoy it very much. I played the LE/Prem at Expo. I remarked to my son the loop felt like Nascar got mixed into the game. If you like that fine. But for me the Pro is enough. Either version is great. Buy what you like. If budget is a consideration at all you'll enjoy the Pro. If you like to add another feature and money isn't a huge concern LE is nice choice too. You will be happy with either.
Side note : Sold my Nascar the day before visiting Expo and came home with an Aerosmith off the show floor. Enjoying it also. (Excellent game. Nice different game to sit near Star Wars ) Hence the Nascar comment. Put a bunch of good bye laps on Nascar before it went down the road. The track loop was fresh in my mind - got a flash back playing the SW with hyperloop.

Thanks for the info..

#1972 2 years ago

That game is awesome. Pro/Prem/LE - that just depends on your pocket book or tastes in the art. I loved the empire theme of the premium, disliked the price of the LE and wanted the hyper loop so I went premium. If you are in the market for a pin and are even a slight fan of Star Wars - this game should be a no brainer. It is challenging and frustrating but to me that is what really makes it enjoyable when you finally string together a good game it is that much more fulfilling.

#1973 2 years ago

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work? To me it seems like you want to spend as much time in the boost as you possibly can. I tend to wait for what looks like a big opening and hit the center button for boost. It also seems like the asteroids favor riding one side of the screen over the other for the most part.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work? To me it seems like you want to spend as much time in the boost as you possibly can. I tend to wait for what looks like a big opening and hit the center button for boost. It also seems like the asteroids favor riding one side of the screen over the other for the most part.

Cranking up your shot multiplier and moving it to the right loop before you start the mode is also key.

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Time to start reading!

My short answer is I enjoyed the pro while I had it. I ordered the premium without ever even playing it or seeing it in person. The hyperloop shot with the ramp is really cool and I think I would miss it if I went back down to the pro. But is it worth the extra $$$?? That's where the personal decision comes in.
Try to play both if you can

#1976 2 years ago

Our spike sub adapter works on all spike 1 and spike 2 boards

Quoted from MacJedi:For those of you who have added a sub to your Star Wars, how did you do it? The Spike sub connection kit from Pinnovators does not list Star Wars on their compatibility list. Thanks in advance!

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Cranking up your shot multiplier and moving it to the right loop before you start the mode is also key.

Except that the multiplier doesn't appear to work with Hoth 1 video mode.

Rob

#1978 2 years ago

Can someone post a close up of the sound board on Star Wars for me please

#1979 2 years ago

A couple of players on my SW Pro at my bar have reported that the pins below the death star have been sticking and not going down all the way. The left pin appeared to be higher than the right one. It works fine in switch test, and definitely doesnt do it all the time. Has anyone else had a similar problem with the pins not dropping all the way down?

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

A couple of players on my SW Pro at my bar have reported that the pins below the death star have been sticking and not going down all the way. The left pin appeared to be higher than the right one. It works fine in switch test, and definitely doesnt do it all the time. Has anyone else had a similar problem with the pins not dropping all the way down?

The last 10-15 pages have quite a bit of discussion on that topic for your reference (minus one being higher than the other, I don't remember seeing that posted).

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The last 10-15 pages have quite a bit of discussion on that topic for your reference (minus one being higher than the other, I don't remember seeing that posted).

Hmmmm, I thought most peoples problem was the fork switch on the LE/Premium not sending the ball up into the Death Star. I'll go back and take a closer look. If its just a software bug, that's fine, I'm just hoping its not an issue with my machine. Thanks for the tip.

#1982 2 years ago

Are they going to put out an R2-D2 topper? I noticed is an option turned it on and off inside the menu....

#1983 2 years ago

Try not to grow old waiting for it. My glass half empty guess is that it either never gets released or is a tin can with a couple lights.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Except that the multiplier doesn't appear to work with Hoth 1 video mode.
Rob

Yes, you are right! If you lock the multiplier on when its lit any other time... like after knocking all the drops targets down 3 times (Can it light from the pops or from a Mystery Award?), then it should work. I hadn't noticed that it didn't affect Hoth Mode 1, i had to go play it and check for myself just now. Figured I'd forgotten to lock it on that shot when i did Hoth Mode 1 before. Which leaves the question of whether rule-wise we feel the multiplier should work for it in Hoth Mode 1? I mean, we can use multipliers any other time.. seems silly to argue against it there?

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work?

I hit video mode once with multiplier at 40X, made a perfect run (using some boost), and finished the run with about 650,000,000

#1986 2 years ago

My Ma the ewok checking out new toy hehehe

DSC_0208 (resized).jpg

#1987 2 years ago

“I hit video mode once with multiplier at 40X [for 650,000,000]”

So does that mean video mode multiplers do work afterall? I’m confused

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

It did for me. I think if you look in the upper right corner of the video mode screen, it'll tell you what the multiplier there. Can't think why it'd be there if it wouldn't apply.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

“I hit video mode once with multiplier at 40X [for 650,000,000]”

Maybe the multiplier works with "Video Mode" but not with "Hoth 1" mode (which happens to be the same exact video mode, of course)? Haven't quite figured it out yet myself.

#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe the multiplier works with "Video Mode" but not with "Hoth 1" mode (which happens to be the same exact video mode, of course)? Haven't quite figured it out yet myself.

Thats exactly how it works at the moment. No multi for Hoth-1 but multi works for "Video Mode" insert.

#1991 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I'm going to wait and see what sort of art blades Stern (or others) may produce first. But I agree, they do look nice on a SW machine!

How cool would it be if someone made power blades with the lasers from x-wings and tie fighters light up?

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

How cool would it be if someone made power blades with the lasers from x-wings and tie fighters light up?

That's would be a great idea and look amazing!

#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yes, you are right! If you lock the multiplier on when its lit any other time... like after knocking all the drops targets down 3 times (Can it light from the pops or from a Mystery Award?), then it should work. I hadn't noticed that it didn't affect Hoth Mode 1, i had to go play it and check for myself just now. Figured I'd forgotten to lock it on that shot when i did Hoth Mode 1 before. Which leaves the question of whether rule-wise we feel the multiplier should work for it in Hoth Mode 1? I mean, we can use multipliers any other time.. seems silly to argue against it there?

I'm thinking (hoping) it will probably apply to Hoth 1 as well in a future update. Playing back to back 40x video modes could make for a billion plus points!

On a similar tangent, should the multiplier be applied to the spinner value?

Rob

#1994 2 years ago

I just watched some videos on the premium SW and it seems like the hyper loop ramp is very hard to hit ..

Anyone?

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I just watched some videos on the premium SW and it seems like the hyper loop ramp is very hard to hit ..
Anyone?

It is a very tight shot for sure. But it feels so good to hit it when you do!

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone?

Yes it is, at least for me. But I guess the Death Star shot is suppose to be hard to hit. Still, very satisfying when you do hit it.

#1997 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm thinking (hoping) it will probably apply to Hoth 1 as well in a future update. Playing back to back 40x video modes could make for a billion plus points!
On a similar tangent, should the multiplier be applied to the spinner value?
Rob

Yes. If it applies to the scoop shot and bonus points from that then personally I would think it should be applied to the left orbit/spinner as well. Would give me more of an incentive to toggle it from the left ramp to the left orbit versus generally just leaving it on the left ramp.

#1998 2 years ago

Thanks for the replys. It looks quite frustrating in the videos .

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes. If it applies to the scoop shot and bonus points from that then personally I would think it should be applied to the left orbit/spinner as well. Would give me more of an incentive to toggle it from the left ramp to the left orbit versus generally just leaving it on the left ramp.

Well, that's what I was kind of thinking too. I don't think the spinner could be long term abused at 40x and it sure would make it more fun. The GoT spinner can score some fun points when playfield multiplier and spinner values are maxed.

There's maybe not enough emphasis to shoot orbits right now? Many of the missions use the ramps/short loop instead of outer loop.

Rob

#2000 2 years ago

Owners, does this game have enough depth to stay around a long time? I like games that have enough wizard modes that I'll most likely never see everything, especially one last wizard mode. That was my only concern with a game like AS, it seems somewhat shallow on rules. Just curious what all is in SW.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, DC
$ 7.95
$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
4,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Bend, WI
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8390 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside