InkedStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm_LI (resized).jpg
B253BEBD-899A-4E99-AF80-D8C10DF6F075 (resized).jpeg
sw el panel rt side final (resized).jpg
20171102_222337_resized (resized).jpg
20210912_122837 (resized).jpg
20210924_230017 (resized).jpg
20210925_105116 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11620 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 233.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You had me double checking the time and trying to work out if i screwed it up.

I blame it on the excitement

#152 4 years ago

What time in US?

#153 4 years ago

5AM / 8AM / 9AM / 10AM / 11AM (from Hawaii west to east)

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What time in US?

8am PT = 3pm GMT

#155 4 years ago

11:00 AM Tuesday, in Ocean City, MD

#156 4 years ago

I'm waiting right here!

sundial_052.gif

#159 4 years ago

Artwork packages revealed:

Pro looks awesome all round!

IMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2882 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPG

#160 4 years ago

In the video you can see holes on lockdown bar for a plate to go around action button but no plate in any pictures yet

#162 4 years ago

Does the LE come with a shaker?

#163 4 years ago

seems like the pro is losing the coolest feature on this machine...the hyper space ball guide loop.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does the LE come with a shaker?

Doesn't look like it, it isn't mentioned on the feature matrix, it's also a translite on the LE, should have been an lighted/animated backglass for the extra cost over the Premium, side rails also don't appear to be lighted either.

#166 4 years ago

Here is a youtube link instead

#167 4 years ago

Posted about 10 posts up but so far seems to be the only gameplay video so worth re-posting as these SW threads are on fire with posts. Shame the gameplay video is a little underwhelming and I am a little disappointed there is no magnets under the playfield.

#168 4 years ago

...and the mini LCD

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

seems like the pro is losing the coolest feature on this machine...the hyper space ball guide loop.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

...and the mini LCD

Its on the pro

#170 4 years ago

Phbooms is right the playfield LCD is listed in the top section "included in all models" of the features matrix.

#171 4 years ago

I'm thinking about buying a Pro and putting it on route. I bet it would make a killing.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am a little disappointed there is no magnets under the playfield.

I thought that one shot showed the ball diverted like there was a magnet under there...

#173 4 years ago

Some fun info from a friend:

The button mashing tie fighter video that was shown is a mode. have to do it while the ball is in play.

The other use for the button is multipliers. At all most any time during play you can toggle the shot multiplier arrow on and off. when it is off, you can move it from shot to shot. when it is on, you can get all awards that apply to that shot with an up to 40x multiplier!! haha amazing.

Also, you choose characters at some point and the modes change based off what character you are playing as.

Liking this more and more!

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some fun info from a friend:
The button mashing tie fighter video that was shown is a mode. have to do it while the ball is in play.
The other use for the button is multipliers. At all most any time during play you can toggle the shot multiplier arrow on and off. when it is off, you can move it from shot to shot. when it is on, you can get all awards that apply to that shot with an up to 40x multiplier!! haha amazing.
Also, you choose characters at some point and the modes change based off what character you are playing as.
Liking this more and more!

That suddenly makes the video mode less lame. I knew there HAD to be something more to it than just hit the button. Hitting it with balls in play is a whole different thing...kind of like that shoot the dinosaur mode in JP. Love that...such a risk/reward with no time to think about it!

Multiplier trick sounds interesting...definitely sounds like something Dwight would do.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'm thinking about buying a Pro and putting it on route. I bet it would make a killing.

What is the payback period on a new stern these days?

#177 4 years ago

Does anyone know who's doing the gameplay review this afternoon?

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Does anyone know who's doing the gameplay review this afternoon?

It was mentioned on the last couple of pages of the "Stern announces Star Wars thread"

Trying to find the post for you, but head over there and you might find it before I do

#179 4 years ago

Still not feeling this game
I ordered a LE but I might regret it

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Still not feeling this game
I ordered a LE but I might regret it

Posted this in the other SW thread but I feel the same as you man but I think I'm going Prem because:

Prior to any reveal I thought I would be 100% in on a SWLE, thought it would look amazing next to my STLE, was expecting it to have lite side rails, lit back box emblems - rebel & imperial signs (upon reveal I thought well okay that backglass will be lite an animated, nope!) basically I was expecting an LE on par with STLE. SW doesn't even have a plaque/plate around it's lockbar button.

Reality is I can't justify a SWLE when it's going to be sitting next to my STLE.

#181 4 years ago

You said it, it's just a deposit
Holding the LE, maybe Premium
Could make more sense and spend another $500 to fix this thing up
Where it should have been

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

You said it, it's just a deposit
Holding the LE, maybe Premium
Could make more sense and spend another $500 to fix this thing up
Where it should have been

I'm heavily leaning towards a Premium, because I could make a custom cabinet (to exact Stern specs) with custom art, custom led lite side rails, custom lite backbox emblems and a lockdown button plaque/plate with the money saved going Prem instead of LE.

Make it into a true SWLE to rival my STLE.

#183 4 years ago

and they have raised the prices again. yet this has way less than STLE. I'm out from getting an LE, and might not bother getting a premium until they either come to their senses with the pricing or buy one used before the next "holy grail" pin comes out

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

and they have raised the prices again. yet this has way less than STLE. I'm out from getting an LE, and might not bother getting a premium until they either come to their senses with the pricing or buy one used before the next "holy grail" pin comes out

1qfo4a (resized).jpg

#185 4 years ago

I didn't really expect Stern to go with lit siderails on SWLE. STLE is the only game with that feature I can remember.

Anyways, deposit paid, first step of club membership achieved!

#186 4 years ago

Except that those LCD displays cost less to buy in bulk than the old DMD displays.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Except that those LCD displays cost less to buy in bulk than the old DMD displays.

Agreed hardware is cheaper.

Probably more to do with the programming of the LCD display, a lot more assets and programming required so more man hours is the only increased cost I can see with regards to the new display.

#188 4 years ago

Are all the LEs sold out?

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are all the LEs sold out?

No - there's been quite a few drop outs today and many more (like myself) are on the fence or leaning towards a Premium

#190 4 years ago

Who has them? My guy is out and I think there's a waiting list at other places. People dropping out doesn't mean that others aren't picking up the slots.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was mentioned on the last couple of pages of the "Stern announces Star Wars thread"
Trying to find the post for you, but head over there and you might find it before I do

Cheers mate, found it. Looking forward to seeing it flip, oh and sounds, yes the sounds

7:30 pm eastern US time June 7.
https://m.twitch.tv/timballs

#192 4 years ago

I'm very much in on a premium at the moment just want to see some decent game play footage!

On a not so good note we have had another price rise here in Australia too. Only having the one distributor here is never a good thing.

#193 4 years ago

I keep seeing price increased but cant find any pricing...Are the pros over $5699?

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I keep seeing price increased but cant find any pricing...Are the pros over $5699?

Need to call a distributor to get pricing.

#195 4 years ago

I know a distro that had 10 on his waiting list. So he would need 10 drops to have an LE "available". I am curious too, but I doubt many are available at this point. Maybe only for the distros that just hold out and charge the $8,999 MSRP.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agreed hardware is cheaper.
Probably more to do with the programming of the LCD display, a lot more assets and programming required so more man hours is the only increased cost I can see with regards to the new display.

How much cheaper are the LCD displays from a piece cost standpoint? I agree more coding/animation hours. Also, tooling changes for backbox, translite, etc, etc. Wiring. Contract cancellation fees for DMD supplier? I have no idea of the total business case of DMD vs. LCD but I can assure Stern is not saving money in making the change; at least not in the short term. Higher MSRP seems to be a result assuming sales volumes have remained relatively constant over the last few years.

#197 4 years ago

Watching this closely. In on an LE right now. So disappointed in Dwight leaving GBLE the way he did - code is so repetitive and so unfinished iMO. I hope much was learned from that and SW will be something to rival the galaxy.

My thought is that since so much was spent on GB playfield (custom drawn art, moulded toys, etc, etc) they did not have the time/budget to really enhance the code so good enough was good enough. Since SW does not have the spend on playfield or cabinet really hoping they had the budget to complete code and enhance as needed.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who has them? My guy is out and I think there's a waiting list at other places. People dropping out doesn't mean that others aren't picking up the slots.

FUN! in Dallas has some.

#199 4 years ago

Picked up an LE and mailed my deposit yesterday, I don't know the details but I'm glad I got on an interested list in April.

For those asking about hyperspace.. in Episode IV Han says hyperspace 3 times, and Vader says it once. Here is an excerpt from the script

HAN
"Watch your mouth, kid, or you're
going to find yourself floating home.
We'll be safe enough once we make
the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I
know a few maneuvers. We'll lose
them!"

Source: http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html

Also, thanks to the mods for working to keep the negativity out of our club thread.. I'm done reading the BS in the announcement thread, and I'll be here from now on.

#200 4 years ago

Hey guys! I joined the club today! Just put a deposit in on an LE!! Can't wait!

There are 11620 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 233.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside