IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 301.
#1901 6 years ago

My budget was around 5k so I opted for the Pro. Not owning a premium I can't comment on whether or not its worth the extra $1800. What I can comment on is how much fun this game is. I'm a casual player and the code is plenty deep for me. I'm 100 games in and haven't sniffed Jedi multi-ball yet. I'm just starting to learn how to move around the shot multipliers and have yet to start escape from boba fett. I've owned most of the classic B/W at some point and the SW code is deeper than any of those that I remember. Bottom line is that it's fast and fun with plenty to do. I love the big display and it pulls in my kids and non-pinheads. Maybe a JJP is deeper and better, but that's also $3500 more.

At the ~$5200 price point, I can't think of a better game out there. My original plan was to play for 6 months, sell and move on. But this is seeming more and more like a keeper.

#1902 6 years ago

I’ve got about 100 games on my premium now (split with myself and guests) and am loving it more I play. The .93 code is great - no ramp issues and have been able to backhand the ramp shot. It is tricky - in fact I find most of the ramp shots tough. Practice practice practice.

As early as the code is, I’m amazed at all the variation that exists and it will only get better I’m sure. They just need to integrate some jabba clips. Give yoda a break when the ball drains and let’s just hear ‘ho ho ho hooo’ (In jabba’s voice, not Saint Nick)

#1903 6 years ago

If I decide to take the SW plunge, I think I'm gonna go with the Pro.

The loop just doesn't seem like something I'd miss, while there's a bunch of stuff on the TWD Premium I wish I had now. Maybe I'll use the money I save on SW Pro and upgrade my TWD.

Edit: Thanks to everyone for sharing their honest opinions...both for and against!

#1904 6 years ago

I’m still new to pins. SW is my second Nib after Dark Knight. What are the round things in the ‘goodie bag’ inside the machine for?

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I’m still new to pins. SW is my second Nib after Dark Knight. What are the round things in the ‘goodie bag’ inside the machine for?

Key fobs to hang your door keys on...pick your favorite SW character or side!

#1906 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I think what you're referring to are the key chains...best use is for the keys to the machine...IMO.

#1907 6 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate owners honesty and what version you like. I've played a pro, but no premium around here. Pro was fun. It's a tough decision. Thanks again though for thoughts.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Played a bunch of both pro and premium at Expo and going with premium. It’s the one my son and I just kept going back to over and over again. It’s awesome every time someone hits the hyper loop and I do like the all metal ramps and habitrails. I also like the theoretical (hard to hit and never seen it) death star explosion.
The one thing I liked better on the pro is the smooth and fast the death star horseshoe(?) shot, but I can still experience it when the forks are down on the premium

Agree with your assessment. I had a Pro for a few months and really enjoyed it. But I decided to sell it and go Premium so I’ll be picking it up next month!

#1909 6 years ago

Pro has been great so far, still figuring things out of course, love the lightsaber battle, didnt know this game had multi colour GI, so cool in that mode!

If GOT had a baby with ironman, it would be this game

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Pro has been great so far, still figuring things out of course, love the lightsaber battle, didnt know this game had multi colour GI, so cool in that mode!
If GOT had a baby with ironman, it would be this game

This is where STERN did it right on there STARWARS (3) model platform tier . They finely added choreographed GI LED lighting on The PRO/Prem/LE . And they also added all the same playfield RGB color changing inserts on all models.

#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

This is where STERN did it right on there STARWARS (3) model platform tier . They finely added choreographed GI LED lighting on The PRO/Prem/LE . And they also added all the same playfield RGB color changing inserts on all models.

The lighting on the Pro is the best pro lighting ever. I bet having the same lights on both models make it easier to code for both models also.

#1912 6 years ago

Shh, don't tell Pinside I'm in.
The Sarlacc pit awaits if rebels are found joining the alliance.. ..

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1913 6 years ago

Just to weigh in on the Pro Vs. Premium debate, you really can’t lose either way. I ordered a Premium a couple days after the initial announcement, but the Pro was the first model I got the opportunity to actually play, and it was love at first plunge.

I love the hyperloop and I prefer the art package of the Premium - so no buyer’s remorse over here - but the Pro model is a total winner.

#1914 6 years ago

I’m glad I found this thread because reading pinside was starting to make me think I was crazy for liking SW so much when playing on location. I was wondering if I would be outcast for adding it to my collection.

#1915 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I’m glad I found this thread because reading pinside was starting to make me think I was crazy for liking SW so much when playing on location. I was wondering if I would be outcast for adding it to my collection.

Do not believe everything that you read on pinside. We are in the USA at the moment on holidays and have been going around playing plenty of pinball machines. SW is a big winner in all the arcades we have visited. Everybody loves it. According to what you read on pinside DI, WOZ and hobbit are amazing. Not so in every arcade we visited. Most people playing the machines have never heard of pinside. 90 s B/W and late model Sterns are the most played machines everywhere we have visited so far.

Pinball is all about you and what you like. Try as many machines as you can and buy the ones you like.

Happy flipping!

#1916 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lighting on the Pro is the best pro lighting ever. I bet having the same lights on both models make it easier to code for both models also.

Throw a rock custom pinball undercab on it and see how it lights up. Its awesome

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Yes very much agreed that the light show was very well done with this machine!!

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do not believe everything that you read on pinside. We are in the USA at the moment on holidays and have been going around playing plenty of pinball machines. SW is a big winner in all the arcades we have visited. Everybody loves it. According to what you read on pinside DI, WOZ and hobbit are amazing. Not so in every arcade we visited. Most people playing the machines have never heard of pinside. 90 s B/W and late model Sterns are the most played machines everywhere we have visited so far.
Pinball is all about you and what you like. Try as many machines as you can and buy the ones you like.
Happy flipping!

Enjoy your time in the states! Let your friends back home know we're not so bad...some of us anyway. Lol.

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Happy flipping!

Had a chance to play everything recently.

WOZ and Hobbit too floaty for me.

DI shoots like butter but need more time on it to see how the theme and rules feel.

SWLE was a little frustrating and didn't care for the translite and anyway should have been a backglass for collectors.

So, I had written SW off but then played Pro which looks better, shoots better and is way cheaper.

Waiting to see how code develops due to unfinished codes on other games. But, it's a definite maybe

#1920 6 years ago

I apologize if this has been asked, but what is the pinside acronym for Star Wars (Pro)? I see everyone uses SW, but that links to Data East game. I tried SSW, but that doesn’t work either.

#1921 6 years ago

Anyone comment on Light Saber Duel in v0.93 (for Pro) compared to v0.92 and how repetitive it is? I'm on v0.92 and about to pull what little hair I have left out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Light Saber Duel, but yesterday I got it 4 times in one game. There needs to be a "pass" option on it after you either complete it or get it the first time, it's relighting way too frequently with all of the multiballs in this game. What's worse is when the mode starts it forgets all of the white lighted inserts that were already lit and are essential for trying to get to Escape from Boba Fett. Seems like all of a sudden getting to the Emperor is much, much harder now if you botch Escape from Boba Fett the first time (and man, that mode is seriously such a rush, one of my favorites in all of pinball - the stress, adrenaline, music, lighting, shots, they're awesome).

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone comment on Light Saber Duel in v0.93 (for Pro) compared to v0.92 and how repetitive it is? I'm on v0.92 and about to pull what little hair I have left out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Light Saber Duel, but yesterday I got it 4 times in one game. There needs to be a "pass" option on it after you either complete it or get it the first time, it's relighting way too frequently with all of the multiballs in this game. What's worse is when the mode starts it forgets all of the white lighted inserts that were already lit and are essential for trying to get to Escape from Boba Fett. Seems like all of a sudden getting to the Emperor is much, much harder now if you botch Escape from Boba Fett the first time (and man, that mode is seriously such a rush, one of my favorites in all of pinball - the stress, adrenaline, music, lighting, shots, they're awesome).

I wish I had your problems..

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I wish I had your problems..

Practice, you must. The force is strong with you.

#1924 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Same problem here. I just catch the ball on the flipper and wait for it to time out. However, after X seconds the instant status report comes up and stops the timer. I have to pass the ball to the other flipper (hopefully) and wait for the mode to timeout. I haven't noticed that it screws up escape from boba fett progress, hopefully they fix that.

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Same problem here. I just catch the ball on the flipper and wait for it to time out. However, after X seconds the instant status report comes up and stops the timer. I have to pass the ball to the other flipper (hopefully) and wait for the mode to timeout. I haven't noticed that it screws up escape from boba fett progress, hopefully they fix that.

I really hope they do. I was on my second attempt at trying to get away from that guy, had a good 5 or 6 white inserts ready to go and then accidentally hit the drop targets and all of a sudden I'm in light saber duel again, completed it, and then no more white inserts. had to start my combos again to light them up which is always harder the second time through...

#1926 6 years ago

You can play LSD even after completing it?

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I not only played it, but completed it FOUR times in one game yesterday.

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

OK, now you're just bragging

#firstworldproblems
#firstballproblems

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

OK, now you're just bragging
#firstworldproblems
#firstballproblems

Lol. Yeah, if this is my biggest issue with Star Wars right now, I consider myself happy. The game and code really makes for a fun game to play.

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thank you! I agree. Logically, why can the duel be triggered more than once in a game? Obi Wan can only die once! The Light Saber Duel is SO easy to activate and it occurs so frequently that it doesn't feel special. And as you stated it gets in the way of a good run. The duel will just take over at the most inopportune times. I too hope Stern ads the option to "Accept" or "Pass" the Duel rather than just being sent to the duel as it is now.

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Interesting. I would think it wouldn’t be possible to complete it again until after completing the rest of the game and changing characters.

Can you defeat boba fett multiple times?

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. I would think it wouldn’t be possible to complete it again until after completing the rest of the game and changing characters.
Can you defeat boba fett multiple times?

No idea, I'm lucky if I defeat him once. Boba is ALWAYS the last thing I have to complete before heading off to get electrocuted by the Emperor.

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone getting to light saber duel while on LSD wins at pinball period

#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

No idea, I'm lucky if I defeat him once. Boba is ALWAYS the last thing I have to complete before heading off to get electrocuted by the Emperor.

I need to see a video of that please.

#1935 6 years ago

Does anyone know when LE's will begin shipping? Have they already?

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yep. They are everywhere

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

They started shipping in August.

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. They are everywhere

Not in my location...this is pinball desert, except for some awesome collectors. Ok there are a few games around but not many. Happy to report though that one location that has five games put in a premium SW.

#1939 6 years ago

I am having a blast with my SW premium. I am in the process of installing a few mods (I hope tasteful). A couple x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer and a plasma bumper by lightedpinballmods.com, and a frame around the mini screen. I'm trying not to overdo it, but I like making my games mine. Once I get the plasma bumper installed I'll post some pics or a video. I can't stop playing it! Just one more time.

#1940 6 years ago

May the fork (ramp) be with you.

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

May the fork (ramp) be with you.

Too soon, too soon...

#1942 6 years ago

Do we know if midnight madness has been coded yet? And WHERE THE HELL IS THE R2D2 TOPPER???

#1943 6 years ago

Has anyone actually destroyed the Death Star yet?
I just finished a 1.8b score game, but I still have yet to destroy the f&@king Death Star...

I’m still having a blast of my own!

E161DD87-E532-42EB-9002-0F813EC08F59 (resized).jpegE161DD87-E532-42EB-9002-0F813EC08F59 (resized).jpeg

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Do we know if midnight madness has been coded yet? And WHERE THE HELL IS THE R2D2 TOPPER???

The same place where the BM66 code is?

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Has anyone actually destroyed the Death Star yet?
I just finished a 1.8b score game, but I still have yet to destroy the f&@king Death Star...
I’m still having a blast of my own!

My high score right now on code v0.92 is 12 billion and I've only destroyed the Death Star a couple of times in 100 plays or so. I find it very challenging to complete. Hoth and Tattooine seem to be much eaiser for me to get to Victory MB.

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And WHERE THE HELL IS THE R2D2 TOPPER???

Got your $500 ready for it?

#1947 6 years ago

Played that video mode on my LE for the first time yesterday. I'm otherwise quite happy with the pin, but MAN that is the slowest and most boring video mode ever.

I it waaaay to slow and relaxed. Feels like a scenic flight or something. It's really not much fun and I hope this is not complete.

Things I would enjoy:
- more speed / thrill by design (not just voluntary speed-up)
- things to collect in the mode
- mode terminates on first impact

Just my 2 cents...

#1948 6 years ago

Welcome to the Dark Side

IMG_3661 (resized).JPGIMG_3661 (resized).JPG

IMG_3697 (resized).JPGIMG_3697 (resized).JPG

IMG_3686 (resized).JPGIMG_3686 (resized).JPG

IMG_3704 (resized).JPGIMG_3704 (resized).JPG

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I am having a blast with my SW premium. I am in the process of installing a few mods (I hope tasteful). A couple x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer and a plasma bumper by lightedpinballmods.com, and a frame around the mini screen. I'm trying not to overdo it, but I like making my games mine. Once I get the plasma bumper installed I'll post some pics or a video. I can't stop playing it! Just one more time.

I recommend mirror blades on this game also ,very nice

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Welcome to the Dark Side

Your game room is just awesome !!!

Welcome "Darth Clackline "

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.