SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 302.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s the most exciting pinball machine in my collection. The one more game factor is so much higher than anything else I’ve ever done.
Marc

I just looked at your collection... your comment carries some weight!

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yep, something special happening with this pin and I'm over any kind of honeymoon phase, I just had game where at one point Tie fighter multi broke out while I had both Death Star and Endor mini wizards going then a hyper space multi and as soon as that ended a Light Saber duel, shortly after that Boba Fett and video mode, almost made to the Emperor 7 billion with frantic but successful use of the PF multiplier, now I've had many many pins and lots of Sterns this thing is quickly becoming one the best I've ever owned if not the best.

Well said! This is not not only a game that's hard to walk away from, but when you're really lighting it up, more modes keep coming and stacking...it's really a rush!! I'm loving it.

Anyone understand/know how to increase the value on the hyperspace hurry up? Not sure I fully get where the points are generated from...is it based on the multiplier and/or the timing you hit it in the game?

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Anyone understand/know how to increase the value on the hyperspace hurry up? Not sure I fully get where the points are generated from...is it based on the multiplier and/or the timing you hit it in the game?

I would like to know this too. I think I’ve seen you can increase it outside of the mode and within it. Not sure how it’s done though. I just make sure and collect it right away now especially if I have 40x locked on it.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would like to know this too. I think I’ve seen you can increase it outside of the mode and within it. Not sure how it’s done though. I just make sure and collect it right away now especially if I have 40x locked on it.

I just ordered pinstadium lighting for this game and if im not mistaken, I heard you have this product as well. I'm stoked with what what I've seen...im sold. That product looks badass. Question for you, is the small but present overhang of the lighting strip towards the playfield make it tenuous when lifting the playfield? Does it hit it or rub, or no big deal? Is it a stick-on strip? I have mirror blades, and Scott from pinstadium says it's no big deal/compatable...but those blades do have a thickness to them...wonder if that affects what I mentioned above?? Would love to hear your experience on the subject.

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I just ordered pinstadium lighting for this game and if im not mistaken, I heard you have this product as well. I'm stoked with what what I've seen...im sold. That product looks badass. Question for you, is the small but present overhang of the lighting strip towards the playfield make it tenuous when lifting the playfield? Does it hit it or rub, or no big deal? Is it a stick-on strip? I have mirror blades, and Scott from pinstadium says it's no big deal/compatable...but those blades do have a thickness to them...wonder if that affects what I mentioned above?? Would love to hear your experience on the subject.

The magnetic strips the lights mount to have adhesive backing so you just stick them to the mirror blades, right below the playfield glass channel.

The lights themselves have a magnetic strip already on them so they just attach to the game via the magnets. When lifting the playfield, take the lights off and lay them on the playfield. The playfield will not lift up with the lights attached.

Hope that helps.

#1856 6 years ago

chuckwurt Got any before/after pics with your pinstadium lights? I didn’t think this game needed it, but now I’m curious.

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The magnetic strips the lights mount to have adhesive backing so you just stick them to the mirror blades, right below the playfield glass channel.
The lights themselves have a magnetic strip already on them so they just attach to the game via the magnets. When lifting the playfield, take the lights off and lay them on the playfield. The playfield will not lift up with the lights attached.
Hope that helps.

I had a sense that was the deal. Yes, that definitely answers the question. Appreciate it. Thanks!!

#1858 6 years ago

got that back hand up death star down. ball gotta be sitting still for me to do. people were talking about that earlier.
havnt destroyed death star yet tho but got 8.16 parsecs! loading that hyper loop is amazing.
what a satisfying shoot, so narrow. i'm having probs with forks still with new update still. its when i shot at a certain speed, it will get caught behind. they dont activate. not hard enough they dont go down.
a thing i really wish that it was a bit easier to get an extra ball.

oh and some folks were talking about control earlier. i really dont think its that important. this can score damn high just trying to keep ball in and flowing. the game is way better accomplishing desired shots and strategy but this is a great game just to keep ball alive. exciting fast. great for all.

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

chuckwurt Got any before/after pics with your pinstadium lights? I didn’t think this game needed it, but now I’m curious.

D9C33A16-F733-474E-9724-A2B696E90B0D (resized).jpegD9C33A16-F733-474E-9724-A2B696E90B0D (resized).jpeg

#1860 6 years ago

I've played a bunch of games on .93. To me it seems exactly like .92. Has anyone seen the special tie fighter that's described in the code update? I feel like I'm missing something.

#1861 6 years ago

I find the Death Star shot and left orbit shot really difficult to hit.

Anyone have tips?

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone have tips?

Go play a Premium or LE. When you come back to your Pro the Death Star shoot will feel much easier!

Sorry, couldn’t resist. One thing you might try is play a number of games not worrying about your score and just trying to hit those two shots. Also, are you getting control of the ball first or trying to hit those shots on the fly?

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone have tips?

You can backhand the left orbit.
When I'm having troubles hitting Death Star i stop looking at the shot and look to the area of the flipper.

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can backhand the left orbit.
When I'm having troubles hitting Death Star i stop looking at the shot and look to the area of the flipper.

The left orbit is particularly difficult. I've had some success backhanding the Death Star shot lining the ball up with the (HAN) insert, but it's really tight.

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I've played a bunch of games on .93. To me it seems exactly like .92. Has anyone seen the special tie fighter that's described in the code update? I feel like I'm missing something.

Anyone know how many "some TIE fighters" is:

PRO V0.93 - October 18, 2017
=============================
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank
rules.
- You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the
mini-screen.
- At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
- After you destroy a some TIE fighters on that target, an
Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will
show up."
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light
"Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each
ball, and only one can be lit per game.

Anyone know

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The left orbit is particularly difficult. I've had some success backhanding the Death Star shot lining the ball up with the (HAN) insert, but it's really tight.

Memorize where on the flipper each shot is and just practice. You’ll get it.

#1867 6 years ago

Has anyone with a pro version had a problem with the pins on the death star loop going up at strange times? I noticed it a little bit in .92 and again still in .93.

#1868 6 years ago

How do stadium lights work in modes like lightsaber battle, where the lighting is intentionally low for the saber effect? do they wash out the light show, or interact with it?

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone have tips?

Right orbit is where I have difficulty right now. For me, left orbit is a backhand shot. I'm still working on finding that sweet spot on the flippers for the Death star shot, but have been able to get it pretty equally from both flippers.

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

How do stadium lights work in modes like lightsaber battle, where the lighting is intentionally low for the saber effect? do they wash out the light show, or interact with it?

They follow whatever the GI bulb you choose to hook them to does. They also have a separate hookup to follow any given flasher you choose to hook the flasher strip to. So the answer is it depends on what you choose to hook them up to.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

To build the value you need to complete the rollover switches in the Out and In lanes that feed the flippers.

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

To build the value you need to complete the rollover switches in the Out and In lanes that feed the flippers.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought about that. Thanks, I'll start paying attention to the rollover lanes! Man, this game is so addictive...

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Well, crap. I played a few more games and it did it again (ball got stuck). Ugh.

There are physical switches around the shaft that moves the ramp up and down. Lift the playfield, go into your settings for the ramp test and hit the button to go up. Make sure only the up switch comes on, hit the other button to go down, and make sure only the bottom switch goes on.

Then adjust the bottom switch so it goes down a little further before engaging switch and I'll bet you'll be good.

If you don't know how to adjust the switches: The switches have two small screws on the side that hold them on. Loosen those screws, and then you can rotate the switch back and forth and tighten them up when it is in the right position. Don't overtighten or you can crush the switch.

#1874 6 years ago

OK, someone in my house (not me!) got the new 3-bank Extra Ball in the v0.93 code. Just like the release notes state, they just kept hitting the 3-bank until a Pinball image appeared. Hitting the pinball lit the Extra Ball insert. Not sure how many Ties it took, but they ended up with >100 Tie fighters by the end of the game. Multiplier was also pegged high throughout the whole game due to hitting the 3-bank so often. Not a bad strategy for a high-score!

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

OK, someone in my house (not me!) got the new 3-bank Extra Ball in the v0.93 code. Just like the release notes state, they just kept hitting the 3-bank until a Pinball image appeared. Hitting the pinball lit the Extra Ball insert. Not sure how many Ties it took, but they ended up with >100 Tie fighters by the end of the game. Multiplier was also pegged high throughout the whole game due to hitting the 3-bank so often. Not a bad strategy for a high-score!

Risk vs Reward: that 3-bank also has a higher likelihood to go SDTM......

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Here is a video that shows the compete walkthrough of the Pin Stadium lighting kit in action on SW Premium. At about :55 in you will see the recommended GI Module option syncing with the Light Saber Duel mode (works with all the other modes to). It's really cinematic and theatrical, and takes this game to a whole new level.

Install time for this is about 10-15 minutes (very simple) and it's plug and play.

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Risk vs Reward: that 3-bank also has a higher likelihood to go SDTM......

Very true! I seem to be able to backhand the 3-bank and have it return to the right flipper with pretty good success though.

#1878 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Additionally, on that video footage you just posted, was that speaker lighting reflection, and is that a separate install from the otherwise standard pinstadium lighting package?

The speaker lights in the video are from www.speakerlightkits.com They will be available for Star Wars, Aerosmith and Batman 66 soon. Here is a picture of the same game (with more promo stickers) when it was at Expo.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

SW expo (resized).jpgSW expo (resized).jpg

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

There are physical switches around the shaft that moves the ramp up and down. Lift the playfield, go into your settings for the ramp test and hit the button to go up. Make sure only the up switch comes on, hit the other button to go down, and make sure only the bottom switch goes on.
Then adjust the bottom switch so it goes down a little further before engaging switch and I'll bet you'll be good.
If you don't know how to adjust the switches: The switches have two small screws on the side that hold them on. Loosen those screws, and then you can rotate the switch back and forth and tighten them up when it is in the right position. Don't overtighten or you can crush the switch.

I ran home on my lunch break and gave this a shot, and in the 3-4 test games that I played, the ramp functioned perfectly. Thanks!

And just to make sure I messed with the right switch, the “bottom” switch is the one in the middle (upper left) of this photo, right?

EEE03550-43B4-42BB-93D2-491AACFF4E96 (resized).jpegEEE03550-43B4-42BB-93D2-491AACFF4E96 (resized).jpeg

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I ran home on my lunch break and gave this a shot, and in the 3-4 test games that I played, the ramp functioned perfectly. Thanks!
And just to make sure I messed with the right switch, the “bottom” switch is the one in the middle (upper left) of this photo, right?

Yes i believe that's the correct switch and as long as the test said it was on when the fork was down you're good to go. Glad to help out.

I had a problem with the bottom and top switches both registering in the up position sometimes so I doubt it's unusual for these to not be adjusted 100% correct from the factory, it's a pretty intricate little cam that opens and closes them.

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is a video that shows the compete walkthrough of the Pin Stadium lighting kit in action on SW Premium. At about :55 in you will see the recommends GI Module option syncing with the Light Saber Duel mode (works with all the other modes to). It's really cinematic and theatrical, and takes this game to a whole new level.
Install time for this is about 10-15 minutes (very simple) and it's plug and play.
» YouTube video

I appreciate your great customer service Scott. Order is in...can't wait till they arrive!!

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The speaker lights in the video are from http://www.speakerlightkits.com They will be available for Star Wars, Aerosmith and Batman 66 soon. Here is a picture of the same game (with more promo stickers) when it was at Expo.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Yes these are on the Star Wars machine in the video and they are very impressive speaker lights!

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I appreciate your great customer service Scott. Order is in...can't wait till they arrive!!

You are more than welcome and thank you for your order. I'm excited for you to get these in your hands and installed on your machine.

Please post pictures and video up here when you get them that would be awesome.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1884 6 years ago

I joined the club even though I have a kiss,bm66,gb that all need work,but I played it on location for weeks and I changed my mind about the game,yes it is stripped and the code is not finished but there is a fun factor that is undeniable and I am having a blast with my pre,I am even having fun with the multipliers,they are way easer to understand than I originally thought and now I realize you don't need a ton of toys on a playfield to have a lot of fun

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

...I am even having fun with the multipliers,they are way easer to understand than I originally thought ...

Yep they're really quite simple and add so much to the game.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep they're really quite simple and add so much to the game.

Snooped at your collection and see you have a Pro. Any buyers remorse so far that you didn't go Premium?

I'm considering a SW but don't want a repeat of my TWD experience (love my Pro but finally starting to wish I went Premium on that one).

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Snooped at your collection and see you have a Pro. Any buyers remorse so far that you didn't go Premium?

No. I would never buy a Stern Prem+, I have never found them worth it...unless my current financial situation changes (which it will not).

#1888 6 years ago

Another vote for the pro. I definitely pony up for premiums when it feels right. Gameplay is identical, pro even has the awesome RGB GI lighting. I think the hyper loop is really cool, and would love to have it... but it does nothing to affect the gameplay. Other plus to me is the Death Star ramp is easier to backhand and there's less stuff to break on the pro

I slapped on a Mezel Mods MF and picked up a premium translite and couldn't be happier. If you're on the fence I highly recommend you play both though!

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm considering a SW but don't want a repeat of my TWD experience (love my Pro but finally starting to wish I went Premium on that one).

The Premium is awesome - hyperloop is a great toy, much cooler IMO than an upper playfield or what have you. That said, it's definitely harder to play, since the Death Star shot is much tougher when the ramp is up. Whether you enjoy that extra challenge (and the rush when you get balls circulating in the Hyperspace Loop) or find it overly frustrating will depend on you.

And then there's the art package, which you can judge for yourself (I'd include the all-metal ramps and habitrails as more of an aesthetic than a functional difference. They do look pretty though).

Whether any of this is worth the extra money (is it like $2k more or something?) is another question. Hard to justify the spread, but then I'd feel that way about any Stern Premium, since the Pros tend to be good, solid fun.

#1890 6 years ago

I'm still debating on getting a premium vs pro myself. Leaning premium just to get a little more style points, but not sure it's worth it. Premium guys, is the ramp forks giving the majority of people problems?

#1891 6 years ago

Also, is there a setting to disable the fork ramp if a node board goes bad and still play it like a pro while waiting for parts?

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Premium guys, is the ramp forks giving the majority of people problems?

It required some adjustments for me (less than 10 minutes of work), but overall very happy to spend extra on premium. Everyone I see hit the hyperloop ramp is immediately impressed.

#1893 6 years ago

I went with Pro. Can't wait to pick it up this weekend.

As cool as it is, I just couldn't bring myself to splurge the extra $2k for the hyperloop. It's a great trick, no doubt... but one I gather I won't get $2000 worth of enjoyment out of. But that's just me.

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whether any of this is worth the extra money (is it like $2k more or something?) is another question. Hard to justify the spread, but then I'd feel that way about any Stern Premium, since the Pros tend to be good, solid fun.

My thing is all the crap they add on is pointless to me & usually makes a game look worse to me. Weird colored trim and crap like that makes the game worse for me. Of course, they don't even add that stuff anymore so that's besides the point.
So it's 1500+ for the loop...not even close to interesting for me. Again it's all how much cash you have to spend which is diff'rent for everyone.

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Everyone I see hit the hyperloop ramp is immediately impressed.

Yeah, the Hyperspace Loop is pretty damn awesome. Excellent integration of sound and lighting with the balls whipping around, it really is an adrenalin rush (especially since the Death Star ramp is a tough shot, so it feels like a real accomplishment when you get the multiball going, or nail the Hyperspace Hurry Up just as it starts with a big multiplier on for a billion points).

#1896 6 years ago

I have a Premium and regret it. The hyperspace ramp is so difficult to hit on my machine. Watching Jack Danger play the pro and backhand that shot consistently is really irritating. I like the premium art package over the pro but that certainly doesn’t justify the expense.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a Premium and regret it. The hyperspace ramp is so difficult to hit on my machine. Watching Jack Danger play the pro and backhand that shot consistently is really irritating. I like the premium art package over the pro but that certainly doesn’t justify the expense.

I can backhand my premium Death Star. Make sure your game is at 6.5 degrees and perfectly level side to side. This is a very picky game to be set up properly. Poor set up will definitely kill game play.

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm still debating on getting a premium vs pro myself. Leaning premium just to get a little more style points, but not sure it's worth it. Premium guys, is the ramp forks giving the majority of people problems?

I have played pro and premium and both are awesome. For me, I went with a premium and am super happy with it. I really love the hyperspace loop which i think is totally badass and the metal habbitrail look, so for me it was worth the extra money. This game is so much fun and seriously addictive...it may even be affecting my concentration at work...
For my game, fortunately I have not experienced some of the death star ramp issues that I have seen posted by others, but I have noticed a great crew on this and other related SW threads that can get you through any SW issues you may encounter...there is some serious pin-genius out there. But, as mentioned above, both games play essentially the same and you will have a blast either way.

#1899 6 years ago

Joined the club. However, held off on commenting until I had a chance to dive deep into the game. Over 100 plays at this point, and just starting to figure it out. Agree with the comments above, this game (premium version) is in a class by itself. Just amazing, super fast, exciting pinball, with totally unique dynamic playfield modifiers ( being able to move the multiplier around is just genius, and super challenging), and risk/ reward decisions on the fly (take the reward of extending the multiplier vs risk of sdtm) every time you hear the that thunking (makes you feel just like the suspenseful moments in the movies)... added flipper fidelity 10" kit and the soundtrack, score and callouts are just unbelievable. Every single person who's played this pin in my home has been utterly blown away. I just have to believe that anyone who poo poo'd this game early on either had a chip ov their shoulder about stern or star wars in general, or just didn't get an opportunity to really play the game enough to get it

#1900 6 years ago

Played a bunch of both pro and premium at Expo and going with premium. It’s the one my son and I just kept going back to over and over again. It’s awesome every time someone hits the hyper loop and I do like the all metal ramps and habitrails. I also like the theoretical (hard to hit and never seen it) death star explosion.

The one thing I liked better on the pro is the smooth and fast the death star horseshoe(?) shot, but I can still experience it when the forks are down on the premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.