• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8375 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 168.
#1801 2 years ago

Are any of you having much luck consistently backhanding the Death Star loop from the left flipper? That damn gate always jams me up. Curious what other peoples experiences are like.

#1802 2 years ago

Put a plasma pop bumper cap in Star Wars. Seemed like a natural game for a plasma.

1020171832b_resized (resized).jpg

1020171833_resized (resized).jpg

1020171833a_resized (resized).jpg

1020171833d_resized (resized).jpg

#1803 2 years ago

That looks great. Too bad you can’t see it behind the mini LCD unless you’re 8 feet tall

#1804 2 years ago

I just bought one of the Ghostbusters mirror mods to put on the back wall in an attempt to see the top lanes a little easier. Ill post pics of it tonight once I get it installed. I'm gonna put some mirror blades on the side walls, so I figured it wouldn't look too out of place.

https://laseriffic.myshopify.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

#1805 2 years ago

If Jim Henson were still alive and developed a series on HBO based on SWLE it would be called: "Fraggle Turd"

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Are any of you having much luck consistently backhanding the Death Star loop from the left flipper? That damn gate always jams me up. Curious what other peoples experiences are like.

if ur trying to make it consistently you will be disappointed, but the gate shouldn't matter, I've never had that be an issue with that shot.

#1807 2 years ago

I think it's just the angle rattles the gate so it seems liek the gate is to blame.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's just the angle rattles the gate so it seems liek the gate is to blame.

Ah, that could very well be true. I'll take a closer look tonight and see.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If Jim Henson were still alive and developed a series on HBO based on SWLE it would be called: "Fraggle Turd"

You went a long way around for that joke ...

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That looks great. Too bad you can’t see it behind the mini LCD unless you’re 8 feet tall

I am 5' 11" and see about 70% of the top, and the entire side (the side lights also). The plasma is 3/8" taller then a standard pop bumper which gives more of a view also. It is very noticeable because of the plasma movement. So, I guess if you were 6 feet tall, standing in a hole you would be correct, thank you very much for your comment.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Put a plasma pop bumper cap in Star Wars. Seemed like a natural game for a plasma.

Looks great! I installed the lighted Star Destroyer mod from you and it looks awesome! How much for SW? PM me if that works better.

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am 5' 11" and see about 70% of the top, and the entire side (the side lights also). The plasma is 3/8" taller then a standard pop bumper which gives more of a view also. It is very noticeable because of the plasma movement. So, I guess if you were 6 feet tall, standing in a hole you would be correct, thank you very much for your comment.

For how much those cost I would want to see 100% of it and also have it make me dinner every night. Definitely looks sweet though.

#1813 2 years ago

I snuck in the club just to comment that I had a chance to get in three games on a premium on location. Man that hyperdrive habitrail is awesome! I only had one ball in there and it was impressive! Can't imagine seeing more flying around. Game seems fun on first impressions. A little buggy but it was not in a location where it would stay level...on concrete floors. Great game!

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I snuck in the club just to comment that I had a chance to get in three games on a premium on location. Man that hyperdrive habitrail is awesome! I only had one ball in there and it was impressive! Can't imagine seeing more flying around. Game seems fun on first impressions. A little buggy but it was not in a location where it would stay level...on concrete floors. Great game!

On this game, set up is everything. And yes, it's a blast! One. More. Play.

#1815 2 years ago

Upgraded to .93 tonight (Prem) and I’m getting way more hangups on the fork than I was getting on .92. Ugh. I’m going to mess with the ramp tomorrow and see if it’s something I can adjust out. It just doesn’t return low enough to let the ball pass on a soft hit. It sticks up just enough to be an asshole.

I still love this game, but that fork is currently the bane of my existence.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Upgraded to .93 tonight (Prem) and I’m getting way more hangups on the fork than I was getting on .92. Ugh. I’m going to mess with the ramp tomorrow and see if it’s something I can adjust out. It just doesn’t return low enough to let the ball pass on a soft hit. It sticks up just enough to be an asshole.
I still love this game, but that fork is currently the bane of my existence.

I removed my ramp and had a look at it,I realized it has a spring that helps pull it back down and the rest is just gravity,my ramp needed a little stronger spring or more gravity,I used a drop of zoom and a stronger spring and that works to pull the ramp Down,not to strong to stress the motor

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I removed my ramp and had a look at it,I realized it has a spring that helps pull it back down and the rest is just gravity,my ramp needed a little stronger spring or more gravity,I used a drop of zoom and a stronger spring and that works to pull the ramp Down,not to strong to stress the motor

I would be more worried about stressing the motor driver board.

Rob

#1818 2 years ago

Here's a neat thing I just noticed... The multipliers do affect any points you get from the mystery. Biggest points is 10 million.. So multiply that by whatever you have and you can get up to 400 million from that!

Rob

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

It seems fine but I don't know what else to do ,that ramp need to be below the playfield,the ramp should be ballbearing or something better than a plastic bushing,mabey mine is faulty,it should just drop like a stone free and easy even with out the spring

#1820 2 years ago

I wanted to post this up here as several have asked if the Pin Stadium lighting system works with the Light Saber Dual mode. This video is a good walkthrough of what it will do for your Star Wars.

This game was in the Tilt Amusements/Stern sponsored tournament at the Chicago Expo last weekend. Gameplay was enhanced dramatically along with playfield visibility as you will see. The Light Saber Dual mode is even better now with the GI module and UV+Glow flasher options.

If you have any questions please email me at scott@pinstadium.com

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

image (resized).png

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

It seems fine but I don't know what else to do ,that ramp need to be below the playfield,the ramp should be ballbearing or something better than a plastic bushing,mabey mine is faulty,it should just drop like a stone free and easy even with out the spring

Maybe contact Stern about this and they might have some more suggestions, or offer to replace the mechanism. I've seen the ramp not drop all the way on my game too, but that only happened (about) twice out of hundreds of games.

Rob

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Pro model - (and Prem/LE with ramp down), backhand DeathStar from a stop all day. It’s an opto located “early” in the shot. Almost a gimme.

Prem/LE - very hard to backhand consistently up the ramp if game setup correctly (6.5-6.7 degrees in my book). So difficult that I avoid it, it essentially becomes forehand R flipper only, thus making the Prem/LE harder than the pro.

#1823 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed the post in the goodie bag,it look like a ball drain center post,I have never seen stern do that before

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Prem/LE - very hard to backhand consistently up the ramp if game setup correctly (6.5-6.7 degrees in my book). So difficult that I avoid it, it essentially becomes forehand R flipper only, thus making the Prem/LE harder than the pro.

I love backhanding the ramp! I probably backhand it more than shooting it with the right flipper. My right arm/hand doesn't work so good sometimes.

Rob

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anyone noticed the post in the goodie bag,it look like a ball drain center post,I have never seen stern do that before

There's nothing in the instructions about what it's for either. Well, I didn't see anything.

Rob

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I wanted to post this up here as several have asked if the Pin Stadium lighting system works with the Light Saber Dual mode. This video is a good walkthrough of what it will do for your Star Wars.
This game was in the Tilt Amusements/Stern sponsored tournament at the Chicago Expo last weekend. Gameplay was enhanced dramatically along with playfield visibility as you will see. The Light Saber Dual mode is even better now with the GI module and UV+Glow flasher options.
If you have any questions please email me at scott@pinstadium.com
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com
» YouTube video

That's really a nice effect! Thanks for making the video. Very cool.
I saw the spotlight for that product on the expo footage last week...super stuff. You mentioned the pinstadium product could be installed when mirror blades are already in place, is that correct? Also, I remember you touching on the subject, but how easy was it to install with the new Spike 2 boards? Additionally, on that video footage you just posted, was that speaker lighting reflection, and is that a separate install from the otherwise standard pinstadium lighting package? Again, really neat product...im certainly interested.

#1827 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out how the scoring in video mode works and is the shot multiplier supposed to apply to it?

On .92 I got 120 million in the video mode once and assumed it was because of a big multiplier.

Last night I know I went into video mode with 40x running and only got 20 million. Pretty sure I passed close to 200 asteroids.

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Has anyone figured out how the scoring in video mode works and is the shot multiplier supposed to apply to it?
On .92 I got 120 million in the video mode once and assumed it was because of a big multiplier.
Last night I know I went into video mode with 40x running and only got 20 million. Pretty sure I passed close to 200 asteroids.

When video mode was first implemented Dwight told me that the multiplier applies. So maybe some glass off testing to confirm. While in video mode, your multiplier should be in the top right of the screen.

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That's really a nice effect! Thanks for making the video. Very cool.
I saw the spotlight for that product on the expo footage last week...super stuff. You mentioned the pinstadium product could be installed when mirror blades are already in place, is that correct? Also, I remember you touching on the subject, but how easy was it to install with the new Spike 2 boards? Additionally, on that video footage you just posted, was that speaker lighting reflection, and is that a separate install from the otherwise standard pinstadium lighting package? Again, really neat product...im certainly interested.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the video! Yes they are mirror blade compatible also. We just launched officially at Expo last weekend and they were a big hit. The speaker lighting is a mod that someone had installed on the game already and is not part of the Pin Stadium kit.

The Pin Stadium lighting system is an easy plug and play install for the all versions of most any major manufacturer. For Star Wars in this example for the Spike 2 system the install is super simple too!

There is an adapter that you plug into in the back box.

It really changed this game and enhances the light show more than the videos can show. A Stern rep even stopped by this machine in the tournament area at the Expo and they said that they were very impressed.

I saw your email too, and will reply back to you there. Thanks.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When video mode was first implemented Dwight told me that the multiplier applies. So maybe some glass off testing to confirm. While in video mode, your multiplier should be in the top right of the screen.

Multiplier def seemed to apply. Make sure to Move the X to Hoth shot before hitting video mode shot to start.

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Multiplier def seemed to apply. Make sure to Move the X to Hoth shot before hitting video mode shot to start.

Yeah I made sure it was on the Hoth shot but maybe it timed out before the mode actually started. Will have to pay attention to the top right in video mode next time.

#1832 2 years ago

My topper mod until I get a real topper.

Warning is not family friendly

20171021_081948_HDR (resized).jpg

#1833 2 years ago

And this game is still awesome!
A friend came over last night, we played nothing but SW, has a strong "one more game" appeal

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You went a long way around for that joke ...

And it wasnt even funny...at all.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

And this game is still awesome!
A friend came over last night, we played nothing but SW, has a strong "one more game" appeal

Agreed! This game had speed like that of Iron Man and shots like ST and then it's own flavor. Surely a player's game for sure and really puts to the test your ball control ability as you have to get it tamed once that first Hyperspace loop gets hit. Very impressed !

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My topper mod until I get a real topper.
Warning is not family friendly

Just saw you're running LE code on a premium version. Does that always work with Stern LE/perm games, and does it make any changes to game play?

#1837 2 years ago

How much longer before Stern releases their topper? Mine did not function as shown in settings

IMG_1138 (resized).JPG

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Just saw you're running LE code on a premium version. Does that always work with Stern LE/perm games, and does it make any changes to game play?

I'm pretty sure the LE and Premium code are identical. I have a Premium, but the code always says LE when the game boots up.

#1839 2 years ago

I saw the end of night Star Wars celebration at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando last night. They used virtually every clip and callouts from the pinball game and I felt like I was playing the game as I was watching it... And wished I could go play it instead of watching the show.

I spent the whole show thinking about all the things that I saw that were in the game. If that's not the definition of theme immersion in pinball, I don't know what is.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Is there a way to simply adjust the starting/ending position of the fork? I powered down the game and did it by hand (lifted the fork, and then lowered the motor arm so that the fork sits below the surface), but it immediately returns to the position that sticks up just a couple millimeters too high once I power it back up - just enough to trap the ball every single game.

When I go into test mode, the fork has three positions: 55, 56, and 57. 55 is perfect in test mode. When it goes into that position in an actual game, however, not so much.

I'm super frustrated. I love this new code, but I'm about to roll my game back to .89. I didn't start experiencing this problem until .92 (and it's way worse with .93).

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks for this suggestion! I tightened up the spring a little and I also reinstalled the code just in case something went screwy during the initial installation, and in the 5-6 games I played, it only peeked above the playfield once... and not enough to get the ball stuck. And after I hit the next hyperspace hurry-up, it went back down to the sarlaac pit... where it belongs. I'm really hoping that did the trick. I'll let you know if the issue returns.

Oh, and I turned the scoop eject power down to 20. So much better. I no longer have a mini panic attack every time the ball kicks out..

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I spent the whole show thinking about all the things that I saw that were in the game. If that's not the definition of theme immersion in pinball, I don't know what is.

yep, something special happening with this pin and I'm over any kind of honeymoon phase, I just had game where at one point Tie fighter multi broke out while I had both Death Star and Endor mini wizards going then a hyper space multi and as soon as that ended a Light Saber duel, shortly after that Boba Fett and video mode, almost made to the Emperor 7 billion with frantic but successful use of the PF multiplier, now I've had many many pins and lots of Sterns this thing is quickly becoming one the best I've ever owned if not the best.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yep, something special happening with this pin and I'm over any kind of honeymoon phase, I just had game where at one point Tie fighter multi broke out while I had both Death Star and Endor mini wizards going then a hyper space multi and as soon as that ended a Light Saber duel, shortly after that Boba Fett and video mode, almost made to the Emperor 7 billion with frantic but successful use of the PF multiplier, now I've had many many pins and lots of Sterns this thing is quickly becoming one the best I've ever owned if not the best.

This is why anyone that has only played this a handful of times should not be allowed to speak to its merits or faults. Simply not possible to experience what you did with a short time on the game.

People now a days have attention spans that can only be measured in nano seconds, so they shoo this away quickly and don’t care to see what it really has going on. Shame.

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I am not nearly as good as you...but I've been into pinball for awhile now. I have played some good pins, and this is a grail theme for me (so, maybe biased), but I think this will go down in time as one of the best pins. The more you play...the more you want to play. To me, the definition of a great pinball...even theme set aside.

#1845 2 years ago

Thanks for this suggestion! I tightened up the spring a little and I also reinstalled the code just in case something went screwy during the initial installation, and in the 5-6 games I played, it only peeked above the playfield once... and not enough to get the ball stuck. And after I hit the next hyperspace hurry-up, it went back down to the sarlaac pit... where it belongs. I'm really hoping that did the trick. I'll let you know if the issue returns.
Oh, and I turned the scoop eject power down to 20. So much better. I no longer have a mini panic attack every time the ball kicks out..

Well, crap. I played a few more games and it did it again (ball got stuck). Ugh.

#1846 2 years ago

Well, crap. I played a few more games and it did it again (ball got stuck). Ugh.

That sucks. Call the number on Sterns site...not 1-800. Chas answered for me (spent some time on hold). He sent the stuff immediately to remedy the problem. They do care, and want you happy, but realize you are one of many...that said, I'm not a distro, or an operator...just a normal smuck, but was still treated well.

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People now a days have attention spans that can only be measured in nano seconds, so they shoo this away quickly and don’t care to see what it really has going on. Shame.

more than that even is that some pinsiders will right it off due to lack of magnets or toys, BOM and all that crap, its funny, I've taken flak because I can't get into certain pins due to theme and yet those same pinsiders can't and won't give SW a chance because of what, value? so stupid. The value is the gameplay and the code, everything else is secondary.

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is why anyone that has only played this a handful of times should not be allowed to speak to its merits or faults. Simply not possible to experience what you did with a short time on the game.

As I plan my next pin purchase, I was glad to come across your comment, as it really resonated with me. I waited for SW and even had money down. But then after seeing initial pics of the playfield and eventually playing it a couple times at Expo, I gave up and got my deposit back.

Now I'm thinking I need to play it a few more times, give it a chance, and then make a final decision.

Thanks for reminding folks like me that we have attention spans that...wait...what were we talking about?

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It’s the most exciting pinball machine in my collection. The one more game factor is so much higher than anything else I’ve ever done.

Marc

#1850 2 years ago

Anybody have a prem translight forsale pm me thank u

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 8375 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside