IMG_9659 (resized).JPG
IMG_9657 (resized).JPG
IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 299.
#1751 6 years ago

Gotcha. Thanks. Man, im loving this game but what a ride on this whole code thing. Be great if they get it sorted out before the weekend.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The shaker works best when you try to pick up multiple asteroids during video mode...

"pick up asteroids" please explain?

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

"pick up asteroids" please explain?

He’s joking about hitting a lot of asteroids in video mode. It’s fairly difficult to avoid them all, especially if you’re trying to use boost.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

He’s joking about hitting a lot of asteroids in video mode. It’s fairly difficult to avoid them all, especially if you’re trying to use boost.

All about the boost!!

#1755 6 years ago

“Beating the emperor twice in one game”

Boy that sounds like a Lot of work. Can’t you just hang out in “Death Star MB” and reach 13 Billion without even blowing up the toy? It only takes about 5 minutes. Did the newer code address this imbalance at all...? Does anyone care?

#1756 6 years ago

Balancing of the planet MBs is coming.

Yes people care.

#1757 6 years ago

new beta software in test now, should be available soon if ok ("I suppose" )

0.92+

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

new beta software in test now, should be available soon if ok ("I suppose" )
0.92+

Wonder how long it needs to soak in test to make sure it doesn't burn up a board?

#1759 6 years ago

You’d think instances like this, that companies would allow open source coding by amateurs without getting accused of, “layman's might burn up our boards, we don’t trust them”. Lol

Samsung caught their own phones on Fire! Now Stern’s board are burnin’ up. A garage hacker could not do any worse!

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Wonder how long it needs to soak in test to make sure it doesn't burn up a board?

If it comes out this week, I may let some fellow pinsiders 'test' it and report back before I update mine later next week

#1761 6 years ago

I'm torn between staying on .92 (I've had zero issues) or reverting to .89. Have very many reverted?

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

You’d think instances like this, that companies would allow open source coding by amateurs without getting accused of, “layman's might burn up our boards, we don’t trust them”. Lol
Samsung caught their own phones on Fire! Now Stern’s board are burnin’ up. A garage hacker could not do any worse!

Please take this garbage elsewhere. This is a club thread.

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I'm torn between staying on .92 (I've had zero issues) or reverting to .89. Have very many reverted?

Do you have a Pro or Premium/LE? If Pro, there's no reason to revert (issue is only with the DS ramp). If Premium/LE, I'd either revert to 0.89 if you really want to play right now, or wait a day or two for the revised code to drop to save yourself the hassle of updating again then.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

What fosaisu said!

I reverted to .89 after Chas said I risk blowing the motor if I don’t. That was enough for me.

#1765 6 years ago

I reverted to .89 as well.

#1766 6 years ago

my premium has had probably 300 gameplays with .91, no issues and i haven't heard anything from stern or my distributor so i'm leaving .91 on it. something blows, they can replace it.

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you have a Pro or Premium/LE?

It's a prem...

#1768 6 years ago

I'm on 0.91 on an LE..
not had any problems in 40+ games.. emailed Chaz but have had no reply yet..

Not sure what to do.. go back to 0.89 or just leave off and wait for revised 0.92..

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm on 0.91 on an LE..
not had any problems in 40+ games.. emailed Chaz but have had no reply yet..
Not sure what to do.. go back to 0.89 or just leave off and wait for revised 0.92..

If you got a spare minute to roll-back why not...a few feature for a week or 2 (hopefully) is worth more than waiting for board to ship overseas I would think!

#1770 6 years ago

So is it safe to say we're now "feature complete" with 0.92? Of course, Stern still will still have bugs to fix and scoring imbalances to clean-up, but feature-wise is everything we expect to be in the game pretty much there now?

Counting down the days until I get my Pro...

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

So is it safe to say we're now "feature complete" with 0.92? Of course, Stern still will still have bugs to fix and scoring imbalances to clean-up, but feature-wise is everything we expect to be in the game pretty much there now?
Counting down the days until I get my Pro...

Honestly, I expected Hoth 1 to be a different mission from the video mode. At the very least it needs to appear to be a different video mode. However, I don't think we're going to get that. Already feels like they are trying to wrap up SW to move onto something else...

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Counting down the days until I get my Pro..

They might add something else but if this was it I would be pretty happy.

#1773 6 years ago

So what exactly are all the wizard modes so far? Scenes?

#1774 6 years ago

Have owned the game for about 3 weeks now. I am amazed how insanely difficult I am finding it to achieve much. Probably I'm not the most skilled player, but despite me knowing this I am slowly reaching a certain level of frustration. I hardly manage to complete any of the missions.
I feel every shot needs very careful control and every mistake is directly paid in a drain. In my case this means that I cannot experience the great flow this machine is supposed to have, as most of the flow is directed towards the drain.

How is everyone else experiencing this?

#1775 6 years ago

Initially, I was having the same issues as you - 1 missed shot and straight into the drain. Now having played it more and more I am slowly getting better. You definitely need ball control and I would suggest that you move the out-lane posts all the way in.

#1776 6 years ago

Thanks. This is on my list of TO-DOs and hope moving the posts will even be noticable in gameplay

I'll get to that next week, when I replace a part that was broken on delivery, add the airball plastic and install the mirror blades.

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Have owned the game for about 3 weeks now. I am amazed how insanely difficult I am finding it to achieve much. Probably I'm not the most skilled player, but despite me knowing this I am slowly reaching a certain level of frustration. I hardly manage to complete any of the missions.
I feel every shot needs very careful control and every mistake is directly paid in a drain. In my case this means that I cannot experience the great flow this machine is supposed to have, as most of the flow is directed towards the drain.

So it is insanely fast, but it doesn't feel like it has cheap drains (except the occasional ball launch, which I'll be tweaking this weekend). In general you have to be accurate. Great flow doesn't mean you constantly keep the ball going, but rather if you hit a shot it should come back towards a flipper so you can either hit it again, catch it or control another way.

Now if you are trying to make every shot from the tip of your flippers, than that may be your biggest problem. That's going to give the ball the most speed and really make you work to get control again especially if you miss. In general try making the shots with the least amount of power (still have to be accurate, but that will come as you get better/use to the game).

Left drop targets, left loop and the death star shot on the premium/le are all done with the tip of the right flipper.
Left ramp, inner loop (both sides), tie fighter can all be done with the left flipper towards the top of the flipper so it's a slower shot.
Tie fighter standups, right ramp can be done with the right flipper towards the top, again so it's slower.
Right outer loop, kick out hole are left flipper shots.

All of those shots can be made from a cradled ball that you've caught.

Dead bounce passes are kind of my go to move for getting the ball from one flipper to the other, or just getting control on fast balls.
You can also pass the ball by just shooting one of the ramps across the playfield (part of the flow), but if you miss then you're going to have a blazing fast ball to control again.

As a last resort you can turn the coil power down in the settings. I'm pretty sure this makes the flippers weaker, along with the slings, pops, etc. That will make the entire game easier to control, but I wouldn't do that unless you're really frustrated. You'd have a hard time playing somewhere else with full power coils if you got use to that.

Hope you start having more fun. GB is way more frustrating so I'm sure you'll get the feel of SW soon.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So it is insanely fast, but it doesn't feel like it has cheap drains (except the occasional ball launch, which I'll be tweaking this weekend). [...]

Thank you for this extensive description. Much appreciated

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

This game rewards slowing the ball down and controlling it like no other. If you are trying to hit shots while ball is zipping around your odds are significantly lower for success- true with most pinball and especially this title (and GOT...). Additionally if you are going to try combos, plan ahead, think thru the shot sequence needed to beat each mission. Play more like chess than ping pong.

#1780 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155871707904244

New code guys.....0.93. May the force be with you.

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

New code guys.....0.93. May the force be with you

Not much there to bother changing from .92 on the Pro's, I assume this is to fix up the LE/Pre issues.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not much there to bother changing from .92 on the Pro's, I assume this is to fix up the LE/Pre issues.

Looks like a a new mini tie fighter mode?

PRO V0.93 - October 18, 2017
=============================
Fixed:
- In competition mode, Mystery now presents awards in a deterministic
manner.
- Mystery would sometimes award INCREASE SPINNER LEVEL when it was already at
maximum.
- Although the correct award was recorded, the rightmost TIE Fighter in the
mini display would always display "100K".
- Sometimes the TIE Fighters would not be displayed.
- TIE Fighters now leave both displays when their corresponding timer
expires.
- TIE Fighter will no longer animate a previous explosion when the cockpit
display returns.
- The cockpit TIE Fighter explosions were sometimes running at double speed.
- Mystery and Pops would sometimes award JEDI TRAINING when the game was
already at JEDI MASTER level.
- Tournaments will no longer display $0.00 for winners in attract mode.
- The scoring for the 4th mission of each group will no longer carry over from
game to game. It will reset to the default value each time you start the
mission.

New:
- A lamp effect was added to the TIE target arrows when a TIE is destroyed.
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank
rules.
- You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the
mini-screen.
- At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
- After you destroy a some TIE fighters on that target, an
Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will
show up."
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light
"Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each
ball, and only one can be lit per game.
- Light "EXTRA BALL" now runs a lamp effect.
- Audits were added for major game features.
- Moved to System 1.77:
- Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
screen.
- Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So what exactly are all the wizard modes so far? Scenes?

you have a mini wizard in each planet, there's light saber duel which is so great, Boba Fett strobe and the "Face the Emperor" not sure what happens when you complete all 4 charaters, that would be one long game though.

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... that would be one long game though.

For real

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks like a a new mini tie fighter mode?
PRO V0.93 - October 18, 2017
=============================
Fixed:
- In competition mode, Mystery now presents awards in a deterministic
manner.
- Mystery would sometimes award INCREASE SPINNER LEVEL when it was already at
maximum.
- Although the correct award was recorded, the rightmost TIE Fighter in the
mini display would always display "100K".
- Sometimes the TIE Fighters would not be displayed.
- TIE Fighters now leave both displays when their corresponding timer
expires.
- TIE Fighter will no longer animate a previous explosion when the cockpit
display returns.
- The cockpit TIE Fighter explosions were sometimes running at double speed.
- Mystery and Pops would sometimes award JEDI TRAINING when the game was
already at JEDI MASTER level.
- Tournaments will no longer display $0.00 for winners in attract mode.
- The scoring for the 4th mission of each group will no longer carry over from
game to game. It will reset to the default value each time you start the
mission.
New:
- A lamp effect was added to the TIE target arrows when a TIE is destroyed.
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank
rules.
- You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the
mini-screen.
- At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
- After you destroy a some TIE fighters on that target, an
Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will
show up."
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light
"Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each
ball, and only one can be lit per game.
- Light "EXTRA BALL" now runs a lamp effect.
- Audits were added for major game features.
- Moved to System 1.77:
- Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
screen.
- Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

Sweet.. just picked mjne up, will have to instal once its all set up

#1786 6 years ago

Now we only need a different Hoth 1 mode and I am satisfied with the code. Good Job Stern

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Update pros too.

#1788 6 years ago

I put about 10-12 games on last night.. for some reason this game tends to send balls STRAIGHT out to the outlane in soo many situations it's been pretty frustrating. I'm sure the answer is simply just "play better." But I was curious if anyone else felt like this above other games?

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put about 10-12 games on last night.. for some reason this game tends to send balls STRAIGHT out to the outlane in soo many situations it's been pretty frustrating. I'm sure the answer is simply just "play better." But I was curious if anyone else felt like this above other games?

Buy TWD and GB and report back. Haha

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Buy TWD and GB and report back. Haha

Yeah.. Ghostbusters I have and it's drainy down the middle, but I attribute that to the wide flipper gap.. for Star wars it seems like there are so many DIRECT to the outlane bounces that make me feel like I have something setup wrong..

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yeah.. Ghostbusters I have and it's drainy down the middle, but I attribute that to the wide flipper gap.. for Star wars it seems like there are so many DIRECT to the outlane bounces that make me feel like I have something setup wrong..

Nope. Just a tough game. Very good game to practice precise shot making and nudging. Drop catching live catches, loop passing, and dead bouncing are essential on this game.

#1792 6 years ago

You can thank me for this -- I finally rolled my Premium back to 0.89 this morning, thereby causing release of the new code. You're welcome!

#1793 6 years ago

On My pro, I am still on code .91 when this happened the other day, but I had the right side of the loop lit to start Escape from Hoth, but also one of the white shots was lit to start Escape Boba Fett on the same right side of the loop shot.

So I shoot that shot, of course it puts the posts up and locks the ball in the loop and starts the sequence where I can choose to Escape Hoth or Pass, but before I can make my selection, the game jumps straight into Escape Boba Fett mode with the strobing GI and the posts drop while the selections screen is still up for the scenes, and of course my flippers are frozen at the moment, so I watched as my ball dropped and drained down the middle during a really great game.

I don't know if quickly hitting the action button to select the scene would have helped unfreeze my flippers before that drain. I sort of had that deer in headlights moment and was momentarily paralyzed to do anything because the game did something I totally wasn't expecting. The game didn't end up starting Escape Hoth mode (no multi ball was started), and the mode was basically ended and showed I had finished all the Hoth Scenes after that drain. I am curious to see if I will trip across this again in the newer code, even though there is no mention of this in any of the read Me docs for .92 or .93.

#1794 6 years ago

What is up,with the code update choices,
Quick no verify
Quick verify
Full no verify
Full verify.
I choise full with verify.
loading .93 now,hope for the best.strange I now worry about boards blowing up

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What is up,with the code update choices,
Quick no verify
Quick verify
Full no verify
Full verify.

These are apparently always the standard choices with a Stern upgrade. I've been choosing "Quick/Verify".

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You chose...poorly.

As above always go quick EDIT: But I'd add no verify. Updated many games many times never an issue

#1797 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I believe verify (full or quick) verified the image on your usb stick. If you know you have the right file and it’s unzipped correctly, you can go no verify.

Full vs quick. Again, I could be wrong but I believe full is the entire code to date from start to finish; wipes everything and reinstalls the whole kaboose. Quick is just an import of any code releases not currently in your main database.

#1798 6 years ago

Just to let you know read me says there should be 2 files, but in essence you need all 3 files on usb drive to do update correctly. Discussed with Chaz at stern. They probably will update the read me file.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Just to let you know read me says there should be 2 files, but in essence you need all 3 files on usb drive to do update correctly. Discussed with Chaz at stern. They probably will update the read me file.

So 0.93 unpacks as three files? The previous updates were only two files.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I could be wrong, but I believe verify (full or quick) verified the image on your usb stick. If you know you have the right file and it’s unzipped correctly, you can go no verify.
Full vs quick. Again, I could be wrong but I believe full is the entire code to date from start to finish; wipes everything and reinstalls the whole kaboose. Quick is just an import of any code releases not currently in your main database.

I'm not certain, but when I did Quick/Verify with 0.89 this morning (doh!), I believe it did the verification after it copied the code over. So I understood it to be verifying the copy in the pinball's memory against the copy on the USB drive. Doesn't mean it is a necessary step, of course.

#1800 6 years ago

Yes. There are 3 files. Just updated and working fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.