SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 302.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I like how you put that. I agree. Its not the neatest video mode, but it would be better if it stopped after you hit the first asteroid. I finally checked the adjustments...its set at 20 seconds, you can shorten to 15 seconds but that's the shortest time interval. I played it for 15 sec, but it still felt a bit longer than I would prefer. Haha.
Additionally, I do like how they integrated the shaker motor into the game, but I don't care for the way they utilized it on the video mode...seems a bit much to me. As above, id like it much more if you just hit an asteroid, it shook the cabinet once and then moved on back to the game. That said, this small opinion has not deterred me from playing again, again and again!!

The video mode is the best way to test the shaker in the game

Rob

#1702 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the video mode but I'm not too pleased with the video mode being the same as hoth mission 1 and in some cases playing it back to back. I think there should be a dedicated video mode for that insert separate from hoth 1.

#1703 6 years ago

I'd like to be the first to talk about the elephant in the room:

JJP just released a stunning-looking game. And my beloved Star Wars is taking a bashing...as if it was supposed to be the same kind of game as the new POTC. It's not. But it IS an amazing game, and the most popular one in my house. I'm still happy with my purchase, and if these two games were being announced on the same day, I'm happy to say my decision would still have been the same.

Just gotta figure out what to sell to get that new POTC...

#1704 6 years ago

...and by the way, is anybody else getting the feeling that the R2D2 topper isn't actually going to materialize anytime soon?

#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and by the way, is anybody else getting the feeling that the R2D2 topper isn't actually going to materialize anytime soon?

It's suspiciously silent. I'm more worried about the headphone accessory, to be honest...

#1706 6 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Changing-Security-Waterproof-Floodlight/dp/B00MHLII8Q/ref=sr_1_32/135-9281469-5117801

getting this strobe light for LE light speed translite. think it will rock. giving feeling of light speed. 17$

#1707 6 years ago

blockquote cite="#4016490">JJP just released a stunning-looking game. And my beloved Star Wars is taking a bashing...as if it was supposed to be the same kind of game as the new POTC.

meh, JJPPOTC does not have a hyper drive....still winning here with the premium and the le's

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's suspiciously silent. I'm more worried about the headphone accessory, to be honest...

Yea what’s the deal on this because I am in serious need my pinnovators won’t work on SW

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

JJP just released a stunning-looking game....

That is correct...and everyone has gone crazy shit for the look only of a game.
The cycle repeats over and over and over.

#1710 6 years ago

Just had another great game on my SW pro, beat the Emperor and almost got to him a second time, one of the best pinball machines I've ever owned and I've had a lot of them, code if great at this point and anything more will be a bonus.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd like to be the first to talk about the elephant in the room:
JJP just released a stunning-looking game. And my beloved Star Wars is taking a bashing...as if it was supposed to be the same kind of game as the new POTC. It's not. But it IS an amazing game, and the most popular one in my house. I'm still happy with my purchase, and if these two games were being announced on the same day, I'm happy to say my decision would still have been the same.
Just gotta figure out what to sell to get that new POTC...

POTC looks ok, but it wasn't anything that made me get excited either. It has a decent mini playfield, but I wish it didn't have to rock ALL the time when the ball isn't up there.

Now if Stern would release some killer accessories at a decent price for SW. These are long overdue.

Rob

#1712 6 years ago

Ok well this might entice some more conversation about it.

I've heard the phrase brilliant coding being tossed around on this thread, and some elements of this game demonstrate this.

But the Hoth missions 1 also being the video mode of which there is a dedicated insert is lazy coding in my books. And having to play the darn thing back to back because the video mode IS Hoth 1 taints the whole experience to me anyway.

Why have a dedicated insert for it? Unless it was meant for more? Maybe it is but given Sterns track record of changing shit after the fact to save time and coin... well let's just say I ain't holding my breath.

I applaud this game in so many ways and the new light saber duel is brilliant but when I see that large pointless video mode insert light up it doesn't do much for me. Really I just see some short cutting happening here. Or maybe it should be the other way round and there needs to be a dedicated Hoth 1 mission. Either way having to play it back to back depending on your game path isn't a demonstration of brilliant coding.

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Why have a dedicated insert for it?

Because it's the indicator that it's ready to play if you haven't lit Hoth I or if you've already played HOTH 1. You only play it back to back if you have both lit.

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is correct...and everyone has gone crazy shit for the look only of a game.
The cycle repeats over and over and over.

I have to say that the gameplay on the new JJP looks a little sleepy to me, as do the sounds (music), video, and callouts. Put that side by side with SW, and SW comes out looking like pinball on steroids. POTC is a gorgeous game, no doubt (as was Hobbit), but I'm not sure the gameplay will keep me coming back for more like SW does. I'll have to spend some serious time with it before making a decision.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it's the indicator that it's ready to play if you haven't lit Hoth I or if you've already played HOTH 1. You only play it back to back if you have both lit.

I do get your point but You only play a major mode twice back to back if..... ok??

There are two information screens on this game to convey info. Really? A dedicated insert for what IS essentially Hoth 1 mission. smells like shortcutting to me. We're not talking about a minor repeat in play. These are major game modes. It's like playing speederbike mode then having to play it again.

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

But the Hoth missions 1 also being the video mode of which there is a dedicated insert is lazy coding in my books. And having to play the darn thing back to back because the video mode IS Hoth 1 taints the whole experience to me anyway.

I don't like this either and I'm sure most everyone else would agree too. It's not 'lazy programming' though, but maybe a design decision given time constraints to get the game completed. These are the decisions that Stern will make that we may not like, but it is what it is.

ST still hasn't got all its annoying bugs/issues fixed and there's even a game crashing bug. KME said over a year ago the bug had been fixed, but no update was ever released. These are the things I find more unacceptable and rather than be frustrated, I sold that game and moved on.

Rob

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't like this either and I'm sure most everyone else would agree too. It's not 'lazy programming' though, but maybe a design decision given time constraints to get the game completed. These are the decisions that Stern will make that we may not like, but it is what it is.
ST still hasn't got all its annoying bugs/issues fixed and there's even a game crashing bug. KME said over a year ago the bug had been fixed, but no update was ever released. These are the things I find more unacceptable and rather than be frustrated, I sold that game and moved on.
Rob

Yeah calling it lazy programming was a bit harsh. Your probably on the money with the constraints point.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I do get your point but You only play a major mode twice back to back if..... ok

If you have a high playfield multiplier, playing it back to back could be VERY lucrative! Unlike video modes in GB and GoT, you can get some serious points from this one!

Rob

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

POTC looks ok, but it wasn't anything that made me get excited either.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

POTC is a gorgeous game, no doubt (as was Hobbit), but I'm not sure the gameplay will keep me coming back for more like SW does.

Some of it looks good some of it I don't know. As I've stated the beach by the action button is not cool. But this is just liek counting shots or counting "things" "toys" whatever you want to do; that doesn't make the game good.
If it did LAH would be the best game ever.

#1720 6 years ago

Any OP's care to share how Star Wars is doing for you on location? If so what model? Thanks!

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Any OP's care to share how Star Wars is doing for you on location? If so what model? Thanks!

Doing well in cincinnati. Consistently one of the top games since it came. 9 game lineup. Don't know specifics. Just that it's doing well compared to the other games.

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Exactly. If you want to play a game with useless inserts, play AC/DC.

#1723 6 years ago

Where are all of the accessories for Star Wars from Stern? They are long overdue! This game was revealed months ago. Starting to get fairly frustrated about this.

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Exactly. If you want to play a game with useless inserts, play AC/DC.

Video mode insert is useless, or Hoth 1 take your pick they do the same thing. Video mode is Hoth 1 so what else does it do?

I'm guessing there was meant to be a dedicated video mode aside from Hoth 1 asteroid belt. We've got what we've been given though.... so be it.

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I have a pro in my bar in Wichita KS, and its the top earner out of the 7 games so far. There's always people playing it and standing around watching.

#1726 6 years ago

Just arrived on Saturday, running .89 code, set at 6.5 pitch. Hyper loop works awesome. It was a long wait but well worth it. Just awesome

"Han will have that shield down! We have to give him more time! "

IMG_4748 (resized).JPGIMG_4748 (resized).JPG

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

It was a long wait but well worth it. Just awesome

naw, common....you can't be enjoying it...people say this game is horrible so it must be.

lol. best part is choosing your path. should i go for escape from boba fett? hyper space hurry ups? try to get through all the planets? go for tie fighter mb? bang the drop targets for light saber duel? try to advance jedi rank? try for bonus multipliers or playfield multipliers?

not much to do with this game...so boring and nothing on the playfield...HAHAHA

#1728 6 years ago

The Star Wars family is now complete

20171016_193936 (resized).jpg20171016_193936 (resized).jpg

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Love that rug!

#1730 6 years ago

In the club, pro should be here in a few days

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love that rug!

Think I had bedsheets and drapes like that when I was a kid.
Yeah, the force was strong with this one.

#1732 6 years ago

Blue always makes me think of empire. I def had the brown/tan star wars sheets and curtains

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

i'll let you know in relative terms in a couple weeks or so. just installed a second one in the wild today. It's too early to tell on my first one.

my thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom#post-3984801

I've added my tastefully modded beautifully playing SW Pro to My Parents Basement in Atlanta GA. It joins the tastefully modded beautifully playing TWD I have there.

and a question:
I "beat the emperor" during Jedi Multi-ball a couple days ago. the entire GI goes black, it's pretty sick. Does that count as wizard mode at this point? After beating him, I got to pick a new character.

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

i'll let you know in relative terms in a couple weeks or so. just installed a second one in the wild today. It's too early to tell on my first one.
my thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom#post-3984801
I've added my tastefully modded beautifully playing SW Pro to My Parents Basement in Atlanta GA. It joins the tastefully modded beautifully playing TWD I have there.
and a question:
I "beat the emperor" during Jedi Multi-ball a couple days ago. the entire GI goes black, it's pretty sick. Does that count as wizard mode at this point? After beating him, I got to pick a new character.

Yeah that's the wizard mode. Now is there a LMS or Valinor Tyler mode after completing all characters? Not sure.

#1735 6 years ago

Getting my Star Wars Pro hopefully this weekend. If not, then for sure next weekend. A few modding questions for you guys that have already been in the club for a while:

1. Shaker motor. Is it a must? If so, which one do you suggest I get?
2. Audio upgrade. Yay or nay? I hear good things about Flipper Fidelity. Any other options out there, or is this the one to get?
3. For you Pro owners out there, who has the best Millenium Falcon mod kit? I basically want it to sit similar to the way it sits in the Premium/LE.

Can't wait to join the club, ladies and gents! And thanks in advance for your input....

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

1. Shaker motor. Is it a must?
2. Audio upgrade. Yay or nay? I hear good things about Flipper Fidelity. Any other options out there, or is this the one to get?

No
No - luckily for you the thing comes from the factory on the loudest goddamn setting ever (which isn;t even half way turned up), so you'll know for yourself pretty damn quick. I think stock sounds great.

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No
No - luckily for you the thing comes from the factory on the loudest goddamn setting ever (which isn;t even half way turned up), so you'll know for yourself pretty damn quick. I think stock sounds great.

Thanks. Is there a sub pre-installed in there already?

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks. Is there a sub pre-installed in there already?

No not a true sub. I don't really get into deep bass shaking everything anymore but plenty people love a good speaker upgrade or adding a powered external sub.

#1739 6 years ago

Thanks Chuck as always.

On SW, shaker isn’t extremely well integrated at this point so ok to avoid I’d say.

Meanwhile sub and/or flipper Fidelity kit is worth it imo on the other hand as SW has that amazing iconic music. Esp in a home environment when it’s the only game being played at any given time.

#1740 6 years ago

I like the shaker motor. I don't feel it's over done, but well integrated...that said, I love shakers in general. Adds that additional sense element to the game. Haven't added my external sub yet, but will...I don't think upgraded speakers are necessary in this game...unless your an audiophile.

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Speaker upgrade is essential. You won't realize what cheap shit speakers are in there until you replace them with real ones and a sub. Best sound since Tron.

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I like the shaker motor. I don't feel it's over done, but well integrated...that said, I love shakers in general. Adds that additional sense element to the game. Haven't added my external sub yet, but will...I don't think upgraded speakers are necessary in this game...unless your an audiophile.

The shaker works best when you try to pick up multiple asteroids during video mode...

Rob

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The shaker works best when you try to pick up multiple asteroids during video mode...
Rob

I had to downgrade to .89...I'd gladly take the asteroids.

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Speaker upgrade is essential. You won't realize what cheap shit speakers are in there until you replace them with real ones and a sub. Best sound since Tron.

My speakers sometimes crackle, but I don't know if it's part of the problem I have with sound on my game. I'm waiting for a new cpu board.

Rob

#1745 6 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone happen to get any feedback from Stern yet regarding some of the issues with the code?

Examples would include:

"We are well aware and on it"
"Standby, thanks"
"Join us or die"
"will be addressed on State of Stern address"

Seriously, anything?

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone happen to get any feedback from Stern yet regarding some of the issues with the code?
Examples would include:
"We are well aware and on it"
"Standby, thanks"
"Join us or die"
"will be addressed on State of Stern address"
Seriously, anything?

Talked to Chas and was very helpful. Sent new board and motor free of charge. They are working on the problems. So far, I have full faith they will fix the problems.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

That room is Legit! Nicely done. Already have my SW 8 tickets

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Talked to Chas and was very helpful. Sent new board and motor free of charge. They are working on the problems. So far, I have full faith they will fix the problems.

Appreciate the feedback thx!

#1749 6 years ago

Anyone else notice that Stern code page downgraded the available premium code back to .89? Anyone have any insight as to what they're working on/additional updates? I know there were issues with the Death Star ramp not going all the way down at times, and I have that occur frequently as well...but any other issues? Has anyone touched base with the folks at Stern to get any inside info?

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Anyone else notice that Stern code page downgraded the available premium code back to .89? Anyone have any insight as to what they're working on/additional updates? I know there were issues with the Death Star ramp not going all the way down at times, and I have that occur frequently as well...but any other issues? Has anyone touched base with the folks at Stern to get any inside info?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/4#post-4024025

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/35?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.