--------------------------------Star Wars Game Play Strategy----------------------------
For those interested, the following is one of my favorite strategies for getting deep into the game. If you try this strategy, even if you completely ignore the shot multiplier, you'll probably break a billion points at minimum, more importantly it'll help you get to some really fun modes like Light Saber Duel and Jedi Multiball.
- Pick R2-D2 (leaving your shot multipliers wider longer letting you concentrate on other things more than the risky 3 bank). Light the death star modes with the skill shot. Immediately move your multipliers to the horseshoe and the left ramp and just leave 'em.
- While the ball save is on, hammer away at the Hoth shot to light hoth modes.
- Gain control and light the Endor modes. Number one thing I can recommend is get really, really good at the left ramp backhand. It's a super easy, repeatable shot that comes in handy all the time (besides MB, it works great in destroy the tie fighters - if you don't have time or can't trap the ball, repeated ramp shots are easy while mashing the button).
- If you happen to hit the Hoth Shot or the Death Star shot before lighting Endor, I'd recommend passing (yes, for all those naysayers wondering why the hell there's a "pass" option it's there for a good reason.)
- Once Endor is lit, hit the Endor ramp. Select one of the hoth modes and one of the Death Star modes. The great thing about doing this is you leave the easy/safe shot open for your mode starts if you complete Endor last. Plus, for those that are having issues with Hoth rejects, essentially you almost never need to make a locking Hoth shot if your Endor shot is still lit, problem solved via work-around.
- Avoid going for Tie Fighters unless it's lit as a hurry up, then pound it.
- Avoid the 3 bank and drop targets - - these will all get taken care of on their own in the multiballs.
- Avoid the jedi targets - ditto on being taken care of in MBs.
- Hammer out the modes as best as you can. Always try to bring in one regular mode with a planet multiball. I purposely avoid starting two planet multiballs at the same time. They're just too useful in helping get through the other modes.
- On your second ball you can usually pick Light Tatooine (if you haven't already) and now all four planet modes are available.
- When you can, trap the ball on the right flipper and go for your hyperspace and hit the horseshoe to get it ready for the last hurry-up. Get this ready early but save the multiball. Bring that in whenever possible with a planet multiball.
- Delay starting Tie Fighter multiball as long as you can to try and bring that in with a planet multiball. It gives you really good odds at lighting your add-a-ball as well as getting to Victory Multiball.
Following this or a similar strategy will advance your FORCE targets, Jedi Training, and build your shot multiplier without having to consciously go for them and risk losing control. You'll get to 40X faster than ever, build your tie fighters towards extra balls and light Light Saber Duel much easier (I'm finding I'm getting to Light Saber Duel before even starting the video mode). After that, focus as much as you can on the combos and defeating Boba Fett and you'll set up defeat the Emperor before you know it. Sometimes I use this same strategy but with Han which helps get to the Emperor a little easier...