IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 301.
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, I noticed that once after about 20 games. The fork is about 1cm up from the playfield and have to wait for ball search. I did not notice that at all on .89 code.
I also noticed some unfortunate death star and hyperloop issues initially after updating, but fortunately I have not seen then since.
Man, this game is a blast!!! ...and hard to walk away from!! Loving it.

I hit the hyper space hurry up when destroy the Death Star was lit and it’s zipped around the ramp... dumped the ball and my flippers were off to chose the mission .

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The ultimate compliment. This game is turning my complete newb gf on to pinball.
I love the game, would love it even more if there was a more newb friendly multiball. Not a huge fan of the tie fighter button mashing. Also not fun having to adjust right eject to avoid SDTM drains. Small gripes, amazing game overall.

I turned my eject to 25 and haven't gone SDTM since. Hits right flipper 80+% of the time and the left flipper the rest...well, maybe 1/20 goes down the middle, but that may be player error, which is my specialty

#1603 6 years ago

This is one of the many reasons why I love this game so much... 40X mulitplier going, started Fett, hit 2 shots perfect, bricked the right ramp, hit the 3 bank to extend multiplier time, backhanded right ramp, then left loop and left ramp for the eacape. Every shot was at 40X. The beauty is there is juuuuuust enough time to move the multiplier while the ball is travelling and each made shot puts it on the flipper for the next. Just fantastic, adrenaline pumping, pinball action.
20171007_203828 (resized).jpg20171007_203828 (resized).jpg

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This is one of the many reasons why I love this game so much... 40X mulitplier going, started Fett, hit 2 shots perfect, bricked the right ramp, hit the 3 bank to extend multiplier time, backhanded right ramp, then left loop and center shot for the eacape. Every shot was at 40X. The beauty is there is juuuuuust enough time to move the multiplier while the ball is travelling and each made shot puts it on the flipper for the next. Just fantastic, adrenaline pumping, pinball action.

Pure genius coding too imo. When I figured out you could do this with the multipliers in this mode, it blew my mind! Still haven't pulled it off, but so cool to try it. Very addicting.

#1605 6 years ago

Totally agree. This is a game that the more you invest in the more it rewards you.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pure genius coding too imo. When I figured out you could do this with the multipliers in this mode, it blew my mind! Still haven't pulled it off, but so cool to try it. Very addicting.

Genius coding and genius audio. The background music alone in Escape from Boba Fett gets my heart pumping. Tie in the darkened strobe lighting and you have complete immersion in the theme. Let the haters hate, this game is epic.

#1607 6 years ago

Does anyone know if this game has or will have a super duper valinor type wizard mode for when you get through all 4 characters? I doubt I'll ever get there, but it's fun to think that there is that one mode hanging out there that maybe one day when the stars are aligned just right that you can get to and experience...

#1608 6 years ago

I am finding that a really good initial strategy is to get the Tie Fighter multiball as soon as I can. If you start with Luke, chose the + 5 tie fighter path and hit the tie fighter target on plunge, I can usually get to 22 tie fighters and let the ball drain during ball save. I can pretty reliably get to multiball by ball 2 and it goes long enough to light lightsaber duel due to all the wild ball action. Even without playing many of the modes at all, I’m getting to 450k just with this strategy. The more I play this game the more I love it.

#1609 6 years ago

I just got to play a star wars pro for the first time today.I have been reading all the threads on it for the last few months and trying to hold back any opinion until I got my chance to actually see one in the flesh.I like it,Maybe stern didn't knock it out of the park completely due to cost cutting or whatever that some have said but not that bad to me.I guess the haters can keep on hating but I hope to have my name on one sooner than later!

#1610 6 years ago

The Lightsaber Duel is so fantastically done. I especially like when the movie clip starts for the mode, the blue and red GI turns on in sync with Obi wan and Darth Vader powering up their lightsabers. The music is intense, my favourite mode for sure! I added a Polk Audio psw10 sub woofer to my setup today, and it is so awesome with this game!

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

White speaker grill backing. A couple more small mods to go. Filfthy yellow cards are next to go.

Did you buy these, or mod them yourself? Looks great!

#1612 6 years ago

The new code is really great, I like the video mode and light saber duel is amazing. They really fixed up the audio and added a lot of dynamic lighting, this is going to be one of those games, well most Stern games in that people shit all over it because there is a lack of "world under the glass" which is crap but after final code will be considered a masterpiece.

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The Lightsaber Duel is so fantastically done. I especially like when the movie clip starts for the mode, the blue and red GI turns on in sync with Obi wan and Darth Vader powering up their lightsabers. The music is intense, my favourite mode for sure! I added a Polk Audio psw10 sub woofer to my setup today, and it is so awesome with this game!

I keep trying to tell people about the subwoofer (and throwing those cheap crap Chinese speakers out and putting in a set of Flipper Fidelity speakers with a 10 inch woofer), but I keep getting roundly ignored.

So throw those cheap crap speakers out and get real ones, and then you'll REALLY know how great this game sounds.

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Does anyone know if this game has or will have a super duper valinor type wizard mode for when you get through all 4 characters? I doubt I'll ever get there, but it's fun to think that there is that one mode hanging out there that maybe one day when the stars are aligned just right that you can get to and experience...

I'll probably never see this myself, but yes, if you make it through the 4 characters (and boba fett), you get to fight the Emperor! It looks really awesome...

This recent game was posted on the .89 code:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=14s&v=qpqo4Gz-sl0

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I'll probably never see this myself, but yes, if you make it through the 4 characters (and boba fett), you get to fight the Emperor! It looks really awesome...
This recent game was posted on the .89 code:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=14s&v=qpqo4Gz-sl0

That's Jedi multiball. So the mode you play before choosing the next character. You can tell because after fighting the emperor he gets to choose another character. Also only one character light is lit up on the playfield.

#1616 6 years ago

100 tie fighters
Jedi Master
all modes done
Boba Fett complete
Light saber duel
only one character to get the Jedi Multi, very cool but easy mode, I hope they improve on this.

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's Jedi multiball. So the mode you play before choosing the next character. You can tell because after fighting the emperor he gets to choose another character. Also only one character light is lit up on the playfield.

Very correct. I didn't comment correctly. Meant to comment that if you make it through the 4 modes, plus boba fett (and i assume now lightsaber duel?) Yoy get to fight the Emperor. The gameplay posted looks super cool...i hope one fine day I'll make it there. I'll probably be so beside myself I'll drain immediately

On that video, after completing the Emperor/Jedi MM mode, I do see you start back at the beginning but with a new character, with the character you just played staying lit on the playfield. I imagine that they probably will put some sort of crazy post-4character mode on the game...ill have to live vicariously through others to enjoy that though

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

i hope one fine day I'll make it there. I'll probably be so beside myself I'll drain immediately

I got close a dozen times or so before finally reaching Jedi Multi. Usually one or two shots away but thats what makes pinball great and terrible at all the same time, like an old video game no saves, have to redo everything again, love it.

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Did you buy these, or mod them yourself? Looks great!

Thanks. I make them myself on any Spike2 game I get. I enjoy improving blank undesigned/lazy spots in the game where eyes often go. On Spike2, the speaker grills come from the factory like a big blank barren wasteland...

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I keep trying to tell people about the subwoofer (and throwing those cheap crap Chinese speakers out and putting in a set of Flipper Fidelity speakers with a 10 inch woofer), but I keep getting roundly ignored.
So throw those cheap crap speakers out and get real ones, and then you'll REALLY know how great this game sounds.

Hey *Bob* I’ve been in that boat with you for years. I’ve never had a game in my gameroom that didn’t immediately receive Flipper Fidelity speaker kit upgrade. It’s killing me not to put one in this SW Pro- only avoiding because it’s going out on location any day where unfortunately it will barely be heard.

Pinball is awesome because of its effect on 3 of your five senses. For about $150 on your multi-thousand dollar toy you can significantly improve one of those sense impacts.

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I imagine that they probably will put some sort of crazy post-4character mode on the game...ill have to live vicariously through others to enjoy that though

That is what I'm talking about. I've made it to the Emperor a number of times (almost made it to the third character last night), was just wondering if anyone knows if there is something special after the fourth or if its just playing the same mode of defeat the emperor for the fourth time.

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey *Bob* I’ve been in that boat with you for years. I’ve never had a game in my gameroom that didn’t immediately receive Flipper Fidelity speaker kit upgrade. It’s killing me not to put one in this SW Pro- only avoiding because it’s going out on location any day where unfortunately it will barely be heard.
Pinball is awesome because of its effect on 3 of your five senses. For about $150 on your multi-thousand dollar toy you can significantly improve one of those sense impacts.

hey sound lovers. i never heard of flipper fidelity. i used a pinsub pinovators. plugged a nice computer speaker system with bass to mine. incredible incredible. easy as pie too. this machine deserves great sound for sure.

#1623 6 years ago

Flipper fidelity doesn’t list Star Wars yet as a supported game. They list a kit for got and gb but maybe not compatible with Star Wars yet (spike 2?)

#1624 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Flipper fidelity doesn’t list Star Wars yet as a supported game. They list a kit for got and gb but maybe not compatible with Star Wars yet (spike 2?)

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4512

Recommend:
Get the 8” for Spike2.
Get the 10” for Spike1, SAM, BW.

#1625 6 years ago

my take on left instruction card.

starwars instructions simple01 - randomkgpinball.pdfstarwars instructions simple01 - randomkgpinball.pdf

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

my take on left instruction card.

Thanks! My fav yet. printing out now.

#1627 6 years ago

Buddy of mine just got my Pro translite signed for me

IMG_9487 (resized).JPGIMG_9487 (resized).JPG

#1628 6 years ago

Still streaming new code for another 30 mins or so!!

Twitch.tv/chuckwurt

Should be a decent archive to watch too. Some big games and got to LSD multiple times. No Jedi MB yet. Much harder now.

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4512
Recommend:
Get the 8” for Spike2.
Get the 10” for Spike1, SAM, BW.

Flipper Fidelity list a Spike 2 10" system for Star Wars. https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html

Will the 10" work well or should I go with the 8"?

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still streaming new code for another 30 mins or so!!
Twitch.tv/chuckwurt
Should be a decent archive to watch too. Some big games and got to LSD multiple times. No Jedi MB yet. Much harder now.

Able to catch a bit of the gameplay. Came across real nice. Looking forward to seeing the archived video later on. Thanks for streaming the new code in action!!!

#1631 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Able to catch a bit of the gameplay. Came across real nice. Looking forward to seeing the archived video later on. Thanks for streaming the new code in action!!!

Thanks! I'll make some clips of the best games so it won't be all boring play. We had issues with internet early on too.

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

Flipper Fidelity list a Spike 2 10" system for Star Wars. https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html

Indeed, but for Spike2, stick with 8” for now. The 8” is specifically tailored/engineered/tuned while the 10” isn’t caught up yet. Believe he’s still tuning the 10”, so get the 8” and you’ll be happy.

#1633 6 years ago

I altered the mounting of the pop bumper and spinner flasher to improve their effect.

The socket can either be replaced or bent as shown. I didn't drill another hole so going back to stock is as simple as unbending the socket.

Rob

20171008_161649 (resized).jpg20171008_161649 (resized).jpg

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

I have the 10" sub (bought that exact kit) and followed up with a Polk PSW10 subwoofer. I guarantee it'll blow your balls off.

Greatest sound since Tron...and actually even better.

#1635 6 years ago

A bug i noticed was that the multiplier continues to count down while youre in Instant Info.....rather annoying.

Couple of annoyances:
1. Horseshoe loves to SDTM
2. Mystery award takes to long - needs to be sped up
3. Entering name for high score - there is too long a delay before you can enter your initials
4. Alot of airballs from the standups - ive had balls fly onto the left ramp and even over the flippers.

but overall - can't stop playing the damn thing

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks. I make them myself on any Spike2 game I get. I enjoy improving blank undesigned/lazy spots in the game where eyes often go. On Spike2, the speaker grills come from the factory like a big blank barren wasteland...

Nice. What kind of material did you put behind the grill?

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Probably white speaker cloth......

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Felt cloth material from arts crafts store. Does not distort nor reduce sound

#1639 6 years ago

0.92 gameplay with original soundtrack

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

» YouTube video

Well done! That John Williams score is so crucial to bringing that Star Wars feel. And nice job putting that musical piece in at the 2:50 mark. I was so let down that it wasn't put in there in the first place.

#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that! Great video!
Agree, those added original music scores are awesome. How did you do that?
Also, your scoop seemed pretty consistent to the left flipper...what setting are you using for your eject?

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Well done! That John Williams score is so crucial to bringing that Star Wars feel. And nice job putting that musical piece in at the 2:50 mark. I was so let down that it wasn't put in there in the first place.

Thanks

Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks for posting that! Great video!
Agree, those added original music scores are awesome. How did you do that?
Also, your scoop seemed pretty consistent to the left flipper...what setting are you using for your eject?

I'm using PinballBrowser : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-pro-sound-replacement-v-089

My scoop setting is on 30 and it's working well.

#1643 6 years ago

Sinbad (#4. Alot of airballs from the standups - ive had balls fly onto the left ramp and even over the flippers.
but overall - can't stop playing the damn thing)

I've have this issue as well, and I too can't stop playing! For my game, I have noticed this to occur about once, maybe twice every 5 games.

When it jumps onto the left ramp, at least control is gained for the next shot...but when it flies over the flipper to drain...man, it's frustrating...especially when you have a good game going on. But I find myself getting over it. I mean, this game can get SO fast!! I'm having a blast with it.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Thanks

I'm using PinballBrowser : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-pro-sound-replacement-v-089
My scoop setting is on 30 and it's working well.

Thanks!!

#1645 6 years ago

One thing I have noticed that is a bummer on code .92 is the reduced skill shot. It was ....ok at best with needing to soft plunge gain control and go for the right target on 3bank for highest xbonus, now it's total shit as all targets have same x so it's just timing hitting the lockdown button which typically always hits the centre.....wtf? What was Dwight thinking when he changed this? Let's help the crap players, celebrate mediocrity, and make the most useless and Boring SS imaginable.

Also Nothing happening yet with the switch near the spinner. Wondering why it's even there?

Lightsaber duel does make up for it.

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the 10" sub (bought that exact kit) and followed up with a Polk PSW10 subwoofer. I guarantee it'll blow your balls off.
Greatest sound since Tron...and actually even better.

The 10" for the cab looks pretty big. If you get that is the external sub adding much?

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The 10" for the cab looks pretty big. If you get that is the external sub adding much?

It adds a hell of a lot. When I put a sub on ACDC, it was overkill...all you got was a rumble, so I took the sub out and put it on TRON, where it's a huge improvement. (Perhaps it's the 12" speaker in ACDC that renders it unnecessary.)

I thought that spending another 70 bucks on a sub might be wasting my money on Star Wars, but when I tell you that it transformed the sound, I'm not kidding. Movie theater stuff, what with the great quality of game sounds and music, and all the upgraded speakers. The subwoofer in the cab actually acts more like a midrange speaker once you add the subwoofer.

BTW...anything looks big next to those cheap crappy speakers they used in the game. If you think the sound is good with them, you'll realize just how tinny and underperforming they are once you upgrade.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

One thing I have noticed that is a bummer on code .92 is the reduced skill shot. It was ....ok at best with needing to soft plunge gain control and go for the right target on 3bank for highest xbonus, now it's total shit as all targets have same x so it's just timing hitting the lockdown button which typically always hits the centre..

I like the change to the roving skill shot, but not necessarily that it's now a static value. You are right that it's just a matter of timing for the middle target.

Rob

#1649 6 years ago

Arrived it has!! 20171009_195012 (resized).jpg20171009_195012 (resized).jpgReceived my winning raffle prize today from Pinball EDU Charity via Cointaker. I upgraded to the premium, of course. No issues out of the box that I can tell. Had a mini unboxing party as well to kick it off. 20171009_211506 (resized).jpg20171009_211506 (resized).jpg20171009_211452 (resized).jpg20171009_211452 (resized).jpg

#1650 6 years ago

Finally got to play a Pro at the local distributors yesterday. I really enjoyed it across the time I had to spend checking it out. For a machine I initially had bought into the all the premature speculation with, it was very impressed with it. Yeah the playfield artwork looks a little Stern identikit next to say GB, but it's far from crummy. The video really ads an extra dimension to the game, its pretty well executed, at least what I saw. I know the Premium will look that bit nicer too in the flesh. Suffice to say after only just landing my DI LE in the last week and not getting as drawn into as the hype indicated I should have, I'm very close to deciding to do a trade over to a SW. Never thought I'd say that by a long shot, but that's my where I've ended up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/33?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.